PDA

View Full Version : What are the highest runs a BD batsmen scored and a boweler conceeded in a over?

LateCut
August 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
What are the highest runs a BD batsmen scored and a boweler conceeded in a over?

Afters seening the Mash conceeding 18 in one over and brilliant batting at the end in the 3rd ODI in Kenya I was wondering how close the BD players are to the record in these catagories?

Is there a statistics about maximum number of runs scored and conceeded in a single ball? If so, where do we stand?

mhferdaus
August 18, 2006, 12:26 PM
What are the highest runs a BD batsmen scored and a boweler conceeded in a over?

Afters seening the Mash conceeding 18 in one over and brilliant batting at the end in the 3rd ODI in Kenya I was wondering how close the BD players are to the record in these catagories?

Is there a statistics about maximum number of runs scored and conceeded in a single ball? If so, where do we stand?

that would be six runs, both our batsmen scored and bowler gave away.

in an over - Farhad took 22 runs but Aftab took 24 runs I think.

tapash give away more than 20 runs an over against england, cant remember for sure, but england scored 392 runs against us at that match . :D

LateCut
August 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
that would be six runs, both our batsmen scored and bowler gave away.

in an over - Farhad took 22 runs but Aftab took 24 runs I think.

tapash give away more than 20 runs an over against england, cant remember for sure, but england scored 392 runs against us at that match . :D

A six in a no bowl would be 7 runs. I wonder if it happen to a BD team member.

Tigers_eye
August 18, 2006, 03:19 PM
7 overs 87 runs. (7 nbs 3 wides) taposh conceded. But no no-ball 6 though. there was a no-ball four and effortless sixes by tresco.
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2005/OD_TOURNEYS/NWS/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ENG_NWS_ODI4_21JUN2005.html

Rubu
August 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
From my memory..
highest run conceded: 29 bowler akaram khan agains SL (jayasuria)
highest runs scored: 24 aftab against Zim (bowler not sure).

LateCut
August 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
What are the records for tests, ODIs and FCs?

baisab
August 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
7 overs 87 runs. (7 nbs 3 wides) taposh conceded. But no no-ball 6 though. there was a no-ball four and effortless sixes by tresco.
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2005/OD_TOURNEYS/NWS/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ENG_NWS_ODI4_21JUN2005.html

oh why are you digging up bad memories man, only ashraful gave me something to smile about that day at trent bridge

Hatebreed
August 18, 2006, 08:10 PM
From my memory..
highest run conceded: 29 bowler akaram khan agains SL (jayasuria)
highest runs scored: 24 aftab against Zim (bowler not sure).

It was Chigumbura I believe.

Sovik
August 18, 2006, 09:46 PM
akram khan conceeded 27 runs in an over
MS Atapattu (1) ST Jayasuriya (66446)
SL v Bdesh Colombo 1997-98

could have been worse cause atapattu played first ball for single.

Rubu
August 18, 2006, 09:50 PM
Ok it was 27, not 29? thats better :lol:

Sovik
August 18, 2006, 09:54 PM
jayasuriya was hitting every bowlers all over the place on that day. but akram khan decided to bowl him, conceeded 7 off first over and 27 off 2nd.

mhferdaus
August 18, 2006, 11:50 PM
Akram did pretty good job with bowling in that tournament till that over, I remember Naimur and Athar was playing good enough while batting in reply but never had a real chase in mind, but Ashraful did chase 391, atleast we progressed on that comparison, see we might be progressing in turtle speed, but we are progressing ALHAMDULILLAH.

ps : no ball is no ball :D, i.e. illegal delivery :D.

Rabz
August 19, 2006, 12:03 AM
i dont blame Akram on that match... he had no other option. it was those hay day for Jayasuriya, when he used to belt everything.

sorry an off topic, do u guys remember Akram taking 4 or 6 wickets in a game against Japan in Asia cup?? that was funny. if Akram Khan can take wickets. so can anyone else in world cricket!!

Sovik
August 19, 2006, 08:58 AM
akram khan took 6 wickets against hong kong in ACC trophy if i am not wrong

baisab
August 19, 2006, 07:17 PM
Japan plays cricket???

BangladeshFan
August 20, 2006, 06:50 AM
akram khan took 6 wickets against hong kong in ACC trophy if i am not wrong

was that acc or icc trophy bd won? i remember radio commentary of one of his performances in icc trophy where he took a lot of wickets and some of them were "yorkers":lol:

Rabz
August 20, 2006, 07:03 AM
i searched thru cricinfo but could not find any information.
but i think it was acc trophy against Japan.

Japan also had a player who could bowl both with his right and left hand!!

AsifTheManRahman
August 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
sorry an off topic, do u guys remember Akram taking 4 or 6 wickets in a game against Japan in Asia cup?? that was funny. if Akram Khan can take wickets. so can anyone else in world cricket!!

i think he took six for six in that game. was probably against japan, yeah.

sadi
August 21, 2006, 12:17 PM
It was against Hongkong I believe

akabir77
August 21, 2006, 12:31 PM
it was against japan in ICC qualify not asia cup. Japan never played asia CUP