PDA

View Full Version : Your World Cup Squad?

israr
August 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
Here is my 15 man squad:

Habibul Bashar(captain)
Khaled Mashud(vice-captain/wk)
Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Saquib al-Hasan
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya
Manjural Islam Rana
Mushfiqur Rahim

Its time that the selectors and the team management obliterate Javed Omar and Alok Kapali from their list. These two players are a malefactor for the team. Farhad Reza can bat a lot better than Omar, and Saquib can be a better all-rounder than Kapali. Furthermore, on the slow Caribbean pitches, Syed Rasel and Manjural Islam Rana can be quite useful. Tapash Baisya is one of our most experienced pace bowlers, and he's toured West Indies previously, so he deserves a place. In addition, Mushfiq should be included as well as we might need a back-up batsman/wicketkeeper.
I know its too early, but this seems the most likely.
If my above:rolleyes: squad can still be a better one, then your opinions are always welcome. Post you World Cup sqaud too:up:
Best of luck :flag:

Miraz
August 20, 2006, 08:11 AM
I would like to post my world cup squad after home series against Zimbo's. Not many changes from current one.

I would like to include Mehrab Jr. in the current squad provided he gets some opportunity in the home series against Zimbo's and Scotland.

Otherwise, same team.

Rabz
August 20, 2006, 08:41 AM
I know its too early, Best of luck :flag:

there u go mate..u said it urself.... its actually not too early...
its rather wayyyyyy tooo tooo early to rather try pick a squad for World Cup, which is a good 6 months away. with an exception or two, we all know who'z gonna play for BD.

as for now before picking squads for the WC, id rather pick for:

1. Champions Trophy qualifiers
2. Hopefully for the CT itself.
3. Home series against Zimbabwe
4. Home series against Scotland.
5. hopefully some other series BCB can cook up.

then and only then, i can be in a position to pick the desired squad for the world cup.
and oh, before the wc, there will be 20 other threads where we all would pick our team. so rather focus on the immediate task now, keeping wc in mind.

Fazal
August 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
I know its too early, but this seems the most likely.

No its not too late. Nothing is too late, when we are speculating about our beloved team. I am hoping for the following team, Its still possible:

Here is my 15 man ODI squad:
Habibul Bashar(captain)
Nafis Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Javed Omer
Alok Kapali
Mohammad Rafique
Nazmul Hossian
Hasibul Hasan
Hannan Sarker ( we should recall him in the the team before its too late)
Tapash Baisya
Tushar Imran
Khaled Mashud Jr (his eldest son) as 2nd wicket keeper

Our team was too young its creats to much discomfort for some fans. So I tried to blend with some young talented players with some old but proven one.

thebest
August 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
No its not too late. Nothing is too late, when we are speculating about our beloved team. I am hoping for the following team, Its still possible:

Habibul Bashar(captain)
Nafis Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Javed Omer
Alok Kapali
Mohammad Rafique
Nazmul Hossian
Hasibul Hasan
Hannan Sarker ( we should recall him in the the team before its too late)
Tapash Baisya
Tushar Imran

Our team was too young its creats to much discomfort for some fans. So I tried to blend with some young talented players with some old but proven one.
Where is chacha, he can replace Rafiq. If he does not want to come out of retirement bring back Mushfiq Babu. Bring Rokon in place of HB. HB is too slow. Make KM the captain. So he can use the experience of captaining in WC

Miraz
August 20, 2006, 09:37 AM

Habibul Bashar(captain)

Hmm.. now I find the reason why he is sticking to his position, he wants to pass the batton to KM Jnr. :lol: and he has his fans beside him ;)

Miraz
August 20, 2006, 09:38 AM
Where is chacha, he can replace Rafiq. If he does not want to come out of retirement bring back Mushfiq Babu. Bring Rokon in place of HB. HB is too slow. Make KM the captain. So he can use the experience of captaining in WC

Ditto :lol: :lol:

Rabz
August 20, 2006, 09:46 AM
so..whether u pick ur team based on experience and potential ( Rokon, Alok,Rajin)
or based on current forms ( SN, Reza, Sakib), it seems like Ash and Aftab makes both the teams. damn they r way to irreplacable for our team.

oporajeyo_bangla
August 20, 2006, 10:11 AM

you must be joking!

Fazal
August 20, 2006, 10:24 AM
you must be joking!

Ya ... is he joking or what.... in the mean time we are choking thinking about the prospect of ..........