PDA

View Full Version : One more win to count

Ahmed_B
August 21, 2006, 07:16 AM
Current position of BD & ZIM in ICC ODI ranking: http://www.icc-cricket.com/odi/

(Rank-Matches-Points-Ratings)
9-Zimbabwe 19 656 35
10-Bangladesh 23 750 33

BD & ZIM are pretty much neck-to-neck at the moment with BD having much higher points than ZIM.. yet slightly below ZIM in ratings (probably due to the recent series loss against them). WIth just one more win against any higher ranked team.. BD will overtake ZIM in the table and will be ranked 9.

Waiting for that day!

Rabz
August 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
one?? im looking at 8 more wins
1 against zim in the CT qualifier
5 more against them in BD come November
2 more against Scots.

surely they r not high ranked, but i think those wins would surely put us ahead of the zims in the ranking. plus also hoping to beat WI and go to Champions Trophy.

so by the end of this yr, we r surely ranking 9!!

SS
August 21, 2006, 08:17 AM
2 more against Scots.

surely they r not high ranked, but i think those wins would surely put us ahead of the zims in the ranking. plus also hoping to beat WI and go to Champions Trophy.

Sometimes it makes me laugh how my fellow friends overrate BD team.
Over expectations will only cause depression.

Rabz
August 21, 2006, 09:50 AM
Sometimes it makes me laugh how my fellow friends overrate BD team.
Over expectations will only cause depression.

over-rated mate?
winning games against Zimbabwe and Scotland is an over rated expectation??

i dont think so.

Tigers_eye
August 21, 2006, 10:27 AM
Winning against the scot 2-0 wouldn't have a positive effect on our ranking. Now if we win 4 out six against Zimbabwe we will topple them for good. Anything less we won't cross them for sure.

Nasif
August 21, 2006, 10:52 AM
We have to get our GIANT killing instict going. Killing minnows won't do much. Too bad we don't have matches with giants for quite some time :(

mhferdaus
August 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
We have to get our GIANT killing instict going. Killing minnows won't do much. Too bad we don't have matches with giants for quite some time :(

doraise mone hoy hoggolte :D.

kalpurush
August 21, 2006, 12:56 PM
doraise mone hoy hoggolte :D.

ICC too! They are too scard to schedule matches against the "so called giants!!" with us!!!(:mad: ) Perhaps...the giants becomes minnows!;)

nasifkhan
August 21, 2006, 11:03 PM
over-rated mate?
winning games against Zimbabwe and Scotland is an over rated expectation??

i dont think so.
bhai.....kisudin agay Zimbabwe er kasay je baamboo kaisen...shei betha ki vuila gesen?

kalpurush
August 22, 2006, 12:33 AM
bhai.....kisudin agay Zimbabwe er kasay je baamboo kaisen...shei betha ki vuila gesen?

[..edited...]

Ahmed_B
August 22, 2006, 05:36 AM
The wins against scotland will probably mean nothing in ranking table. Here's a clue to why: some words quoted from the Kenyan Cricket blog regarding their not getting any points after winning against Canada:

Story: "Heroes or Zeros".
Link:http://www.kenyacricket.blogspot.com/

Why the two wins against Canada are not counted, I have yet to work out. In qualifying for the place on the table, Kenya earned points from matches before they were on the table and were awarded these when they got their place back. Canada, not being on the table, would be considered to have 0 points, so for the wins against them, Kenya should have been given 50 points for each game. This should have given us a rating of 16 going into the Bangladesh series rather than 7. It doesn't make a huge difference to us as we would still be in 11th spot, but at least we would not be looking at 0 points if we lose the last match. It could however become a serious issue once a second Associate gains a place on the table.
If the ICC was serious when it granted the six top Associates One Day status, surely any matches played involving them should earn points towards the Championship table. In the FAQ section, the blurb even says:
"EVERY ODI will count (apart from No Results)"
and
"All ODIs are treated equally."
Yeah right. If that was the case, why is it not happening? Or are some more equal than others. As the Associates get to play more matches, especially against each other, this will become a big issue. You will have teams coming on to the bottom of the table with skewed points as they will only carry through those from playing teams already on the table. This does not and will not give an accurate picture of the relative standings of the lower ranked teams.

SS
August 22, 2006, 09:46 AM
Not sure why we not believe in reality.

coverdrive
August 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
some people are very good at moaning..doesn't matter how good or bad bangladesh plays!!!

I am always with bangladesh cricket team:flag: and I always expect the triumph doesnt matter whether the oponent is Australia or Scotland.

You guys cheer up as well!!!:E

kaisermatin
August 22, 2006, 09:25 PM
We talked too loud against the zimbos and then a bimbo carried the cup from Kenya
for BD. Let's not do the same thing twice. We need PERFORMANCE from the real players with the real stick. Uh! I mean the CRICKET BAT!

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
I am sure that no one from bangladesh team knows that..........

Tokyobreeze
August 22, 2006, 10:40 PM
Defeating Zimbo in all the5 ODIs at our own soild will not be difficult, I guess.But, Champoins Trophy will not to be so easy cosidering the pressure.I hope out players will remember the mistakes they did with Zimbo last time.Really hoping to get a win against WI too.That can bring us at 9 too.Zimbo is very much within reach...Others are miles away though (in terms of points in ICC ranking)!

akabir77
August 23, 2006, 08:08 AM
Defeating Zimbo in all the5 ODIs at our own soild will not be difficult, I guess.But, Champoins Trophy will not to be so easy cosidering the pressure.I hope out players will remember the mistakes they did with Zimbo last time.Really hoping to get a win against WI too.That can bring us at 9 too.Zimbo is very much within reach...Others are miles away though (in terms of points in ICC ranking)!

Bhai Last time we couldn't beat them 5-0 how come you are sure we will do that this time even after the series loss?
They are playing SA, Australia A and we are playing Scottland in between so go figure who will be more ready

Ahmed_B
August 23, 2006, 08:50 AM
Without going into the argument of who will be the favorite during BD-ZIM next encounter... one thing i can say for sure is that the series loss to ZIM has ensured that any future BD-ZIM matches will be nerve-breaking thrillers! :)

Zimbabwe has surely developed it's game and that only can be good for cricket as a whole.

sadi
August 23, 2006, 09:09 AM
I really respect Zimbabwe as they showed they have the heart to play this game. I am sure Bangladesh will not underestimate them next time.

mhferdaus
August 23, 2006, 11:03 AM
never underestimate your opponent ... rule 1 :D.

never overestimate too, just try to estimate.

israr
August 23, 2006, 11:45 AM
never underestimate your opponent ... rule 1 :D.

never overestimate too, just try to estimate.

:up:

shamster
August 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
Inshallah 9th position then no looking back !

Warlock
August 27, 2006, 04:06 AM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.:lol:
I remember people saying similar things before the away series to Zim wonder if we have learnt any lesson and all.....:(
Personally I will rate a win against Srilanka/ WI in the CT (they are our two opponents along with Zim aren't they, correct me please if I am mistaken) higher than 8 wins against Zims or Scotts. Remember we still don't have a win against the WI- so that is well overdue in the time basis but I am not sure if our players can hang on there till the end. Anyway, goodluck to them and the batters please please stop throwing away your wickets:mad:!
2 more against Scots.