PDA

View Full Version : Eid is coming early for Ash-Aftab: Six-a-side tourney for Bangladesh !!!

TheWatcher
August 21, 2006, 01:04 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsdetails vAlign=top>Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has agreed to play a six-a-side tournament in Pakistan in mid September.

Former Pakistan skipper Moin Khan's event management firm-- Game-on-- in collaboration with the Pakistan Cricket Board (BCB) will arrange the meet at Karachi involving India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and hosts Pakistan.

BCB got the invitation a month back but only agreed after receiving confirmation from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

The board will ask the selectors to select the team only after knowing the stature of the other participating teams.

-Daily Star

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=180></TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Fazal
August 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
I am not so sure if its a good news a not. To me its a bad news for us sending players like Ash and Aftab who always tends to play like a six-a-side regardless of what type of game they are playing. They proved that at this point of their career they are not capable to adjust their style based on type (20-20, ODI, TEST) of cricket they are playing.

I suspect nothing but more trouble for Ash and Aftab's career

Spitfire_x86
August 21, 2006, 01:17 PM
6-a-side is useless. A proper 20-20 tournament could've been little useful, since we will play 20-20 WC next year.

TheWatcher
August 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
I am not particularly enchanted either, if you have not figured that out from the sarcastic thread tittle.

Well, BCCB always has the choice of not spoiling Ash-Aftab further and sending players such as Tamim, Rokon, or even Chacha for this kind of tournaments. Ok, may be we should not deprive Farhad Reza from this kind of fun.

akabir77
August 21, 2006, 01:22 PM
how about sending golla, razin, pilot, nafis and shanto???

Fazal
August 21, 2006, 01:26 PM
I am not particularly enchanted either, if you have not figured that out from the sarcastic thread tittle.

Ops... you got me.:D

Thats the problem, when people like you are sarcastic, people fail to realize that. Whereas when I am not sarcastic, they fail to identify that.

AsifTheManRahman
August 21, 2006, 01:41 PM
i don't think this will affect ash's/aftab's game. since it's not possible to get some odi's/tests for them, might as well send them to a picnic where they can make some money. i really see no harm in this: i doubt this competition will have any negative effect on them whatsoever.

btw, i'm starting to think the 20/20 world cup will be an embarrassment. we might end up losing to the likes of scotland/ireland. but we are introducing this version pretty soon in our domestic league, no?

Hatebreed
August 21, 2006, 01:57 PM
Six-a-side? How many overs will be played?

TheWatcher
August 21, 2006, 02:05 PM
If it's a matter of having little fun, Mashrafe and our three SLAs deserve it more than anyone else. Thinking about it again, this may be a good practice opportunity for them to prevent opposition batsmen from hitting sixes. So, how about this team-

Reza
Shakib
Mashrafe
Rafique
Razzak
Dhiman (WK)

Answer to HB's question- it is a five over match. Everyone except the keeper has to bowl an over.

betaar
August 21, 2006, 02:42 PM
I am not so sure if its a good news a not. To me its a bad news for us sending players like Ash and Aftab who always tends to play like a six-a-side regardless of what type of game they are playing. They proved that at this point of their career they are not capable to adjust their style based on type (20-20, ODI, TEST) of cricket they are playing.

I suspect nothing but more trouble for Ash and Aftab's career

Do you guys really believe this tiny tournament will have any effect on Ash or Aftab's over all attitude to the game?
How many onedays have they played so far? (clue)
Did the out come of those games have any effect on them or their stupid way of batting? (answer)

kalpurush
August 22, 2006, 12:19 AM
Do you guys really believe this tiny tournament will have any effect on Ash or Aftab's over all attitude to the game?
How many onedays have they played so far? (clue)
Did the out come of those games have any effect on them or their stupid way of batting? (answer)

"je shikhe-na noy-e, se shikhe-na nabboy-te" :)

Still I have hope on them! Hayto amio oder motoy!!:D

Ahmed_B
August 22, 2006, 05:50 AM
Samsuddin er better ghorer natin. ;)

Rabz
August 22, 2006, 08:21 AM
mate..i think the Eid would be cut short for them..
dont think they would be a part of that team...
send some nation team rejects to play in that game

cricman
August 27, 2006, 01:32 PM
BCB calls up 7 for sixes
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced a seven-member squad for the Asian Super Sixes Challenge to be held in Karachi from September 13 to 18.Only opener Nazmus Sadat, who is now currently visiting with the BCB Academy side in Pakistan, was the new face in an otherwise star-studded squad.
The selectors considered the all-round ability of the players for the tourney except the newcomer.
"You know that it is a competition for the all-rounders and that's why we considered the all-round ability before selecting the team. On the other hand, we believe that national players will be benefited by the tourney before the ICC Champions Trophy," said chief selector Faruque Ahmed.
Hosts Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka are the other teams in the competition.

SQUAD
Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, Aftab Ahmed, Manjarul Islam, Sakib Al Hasan, Forhad Reza and Nazmus Sadat.

http://thedailystar.net/2006/08/28/d60828040537.htm

I'd like to see the squad Ind-Pakistan-SL are going to put out. I highly doubt the Indian Squad is going to have big profile players or Pakistan letting Afridi have a go at the 6 a side event but it's always a wait and see game.

TheWatcher
August 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
Rana for a six-a-side tourny :-/ I thought Razzak is a lot better hitter.

Who is the keeper ? Mashrafe ?

kalpurush
August 27, 2006, 06:22 PM
Team looks good! I think Sadat is the keeper, not sure though!!. And Rafiq is the cap. Will be great to watch!!!

Tokyobreeze
August 27, 2006, 09:21 PM
Rana for a six-a-side tourny :-/

Seems like selectors are trying to cover up for their fault of not including Rana even within the first 30 of Champoions Trophy.It's more like - গরু মেরে জুতা দান .

thebest
August 27, 2006, 10:12 PM
Seems like selectors are trying to cover up for their fault of not including Rana even within the first 30 of Champoions Trophy.It's more like - গরু মেরে জুতা দান .

You are so right

Rabz
August 28, 2006, 02:18 AM
well at least good to see no Aftab Ash in the team..
so guess no Eid for them

Ahmed_B
August 28, 2006, 08:24 AM
Aftab is in the team.

This will be a good test of Aftab's real hitting power and since he always goes on hitting like 20/20 match... lets see how much he can do in this 'game to blast'.

Tokyobreeze
August 28, 2006, 09:16 AM
Will there be any live coverage of it?Of course, I am not expecting TV coverage.But, at least online live commentry would be fun to track.Anyone knows?

LateCut
August 28, 2006, 12:55 PM
Ash was not selected! This feast or famine version of cricket could use his special skills!

sadi
August 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
He is in England with rainhill. Probably thats why he wasn't selected.

Fazal
August 28, 2006, 02:13 PM
Aftab is in the team. ..
lets see how much he can do in this 'game to blast'.

He will hit like a 5 day test match.

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
May be this will be good for Mashrafe. This is almost like the death overs situation. Everyone will try to hit out. A somewhat success can carry his confidence to finish matches properly.

TheWatcher
August 28, 2006, 02:53 PM
I think Sadat is the keeper.....
http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/02/26/2005-02-26__sports01.jpg

He seems to be a good close in fielder. Hmmm, is BCCB trying to make him the first left handed keeper of the country ?

Fazal
August 28, 2006, 05:07 PM
Eid is coming early for Ash-Aftab: Six-a-side tourney for Bangladesh !!!

On second thought, Ash-Aftab should hide as soon as possible. Beacuse if its Korbanir Eid, everyone who bats and acts like Gorur Mogoj in their head, should hide until eid is over.

TheWatcher
August 28, 2006, 05:38 PM
Sri Lanka has announced a decent team for the tourny-

1. Russel Arnold (Capt)
2. Dilhara Lokuhettige
3. Nuwan Kulasekera
4. Upul Chandana
5. Kosala Kulasekera
6. Danuka Pathirana
7. Prasanna Jayawardene (WK)

-Sri Lanka Cricket (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slc-mr/content/story/257775.html)

BCCI is letting Pakistani organisers to select the Indian team. Ganguly is expected to play for India.

-News report (http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2006/08/12/1208supersixes.html)

Rabz
August 29, 2006, 12:35 AM
well at least good to see no Aftab Ash in the team..
so guess no Eid for them

oh sorry, my mistake.. Aftab is in the team. must hv missed that.
well lets see what he can do with the bat and ball.

cricman
August 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
A good batsmen should at least get a boundary for every ball in 6 a side cricket. Theres only 4 fielders! The Bowler and Keeper in my mind don't really count in a game like this. I'd like to see our team win a couple of games in this event.

I know bangladesh won a 6 side cricket event in Malysia early this year, and so It's gonna be on T.V so it'll be fun to see how many wickets are taken.

kalpurush
August 29, 2006, 02:21 AM
A good batsmen should at least get a boundary for every ball in 6 a side cricket. Theres only 4 fielders! The Bowler and Keeper in my mind don't really count in a game like this. I'd like to see our team win a couple of games in this event.

I know bangladesh won a 6 side cricket event in Malysia early this year, and so It's gonna be on T.V so it'll be fun to see how many wickets are taken.

It will be nice if we win the cup too! :flag:

kalpurush
August 29, 2006, 02:24 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/02/26/2005-02-26__sports01.jpg

He seems to be a good close in fielder. Hmmm, is BCCB trying to make him the first left handed keeper of the country ?

Good one! Who is the keeper then? :confused:

AsifTheManRahman
August 29, 2006, 09:44 AM
i remember the boys were so hyped up after the ICC trophy win that they went on to beat India and Australia (both were fielding national players like Steve Waugh, Ajay Jadeja, etc) in the Hong Kong Super Sixes. Also, I think it was Atahar who helped us to a win with a last ball six.

SMHasan
August 29, 2006, 10:39 AM
i remember the boys were so hyped up after the ICC trophy win that they went on to beat India and Australia (both were fielding national players like Steve Waugh, Ajay Jadeja, etc) in the Hong Kong Super Sixes. Also, I think it was Atahar who helped us to a win with a last ball six.

Truly. They played really well in that tourney. Athahar was the man.

Carte Blanche
August 30, 2006, 07:02 PM
Who remembers our triumph in Hong Kong years ago? The likes of Akram Khan and Bulbul decimated the opponents in that tourney. I really doubt we can repeat that feat but if Ash and Aftab are on song, who knows. Also, I agree that a proper 20/20 game would have been better. Playing 6-a-side is like playing at stickcricket.com. Runs abound and it's not that much fun watching the bowlers get smacked around the park.

TheWatcher
September 3, 2006, 10:29 AM
Eid is postponed (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=21820&iCategoryID=1&iColumnistID=)

Rabz
September 4, 2006, 01:16 AM
looks like Jatiyo Chad Dekha Committe (National Moon Sighting Seat-warmers) Eid er chad dekhte parenai.

they were busy chibaying paan and paring fau pechal.

SMHasan
September 4, 2006, 09:38 AM
looks like Jatiyo Chad Dekha Committe (National Moon Sighting Seat-warmers) Eid er chad dekhte parenai.

they were busy chibaying paan and paring fau pechal.

heheheheheheh.....