PDA

View Full Version : When our players will go through a boot camp?

Tigers_eye
August 23, 2006, 09:21 AM
As against the Zimbabwe team we saw our players were not tough enough. Mentally and physically. A BMA training for a month should make Bashar and co. more fit. Mentally and physically. I would like to see this happening before the World Cup. This is a must for our team. So that we don't let off Ponting's catch, or let Gilly, Taylor dominate us.

If the Australian players, the best in the world has to go though something like this why don't we make this a yearly excersize?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/australia/5277520.stm

Toughening up for the Ashes
Australia's bid to win back the Ashes is being stepped up in the harsh outback of Queensland.

The squad is taking part in a four-day commando-style survival course ahead of the Test series against England, which begins in November. Details of the boot camp have been closely guarded and the players themselves were told very little in advance, except to pack the bare essentials.
It is part of a plan devised by coach John Buchanan to make sure his players are as mentally and physically strong as they can be.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42004000/jpg/_42004584_ponting203.jpg Skipper Ricky Ponting tests his strength by pushing a minibus

As I said before, misti kotha diye atodin kaj hoi nai. ekhon danda lagbey. For 5+ years we couldn't correct Ash's inconsistancy problem. It is high time we try some of the harsh methods. May be this will change him. He is an essential part of our future cricket. Long live Boot camp!!

akabir77
August 23, 2006, 09:31 AM
I think cornel latif tried this once...

sadi
August 23, 2006, 09:39 AM
sundorbone royal bengal tiger er kase chere dile bujbe how many rice e how many paddy!!!

Tigers_eye
August 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
I think cornel latif tried this once...
He wanted to try this as far as I can remember. That was on a NTV interview some times back. Did it happen? I don't think so.

akabir77
August 23, 2006, 09:42 AM
I think it did

Tigers_eye
August 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
I think it did
Ok, they need more of this then. It wasn't tough enough for sure. Or they (players) have forgotten it.

cricket_dorshok
August 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
sundorbone royal bengal tiger er kase chere dile bujbe how many rice e how many paddy!!!

RAB er hate sere dilo kisuta kaj hoto(crossfire er voye)!!!!

Tigers_eye
August 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
More reports are coming on this Australian boot camp. It is more to build team unity than the a real boot camp. Dave Gilbert, head of New South Wales cricket, told the BBC. "There'll be specific themes to the trip which will be about helping your team-mate and looking at ways at getting yourself out of difficult spots. It's probably what the team needs at this moment in time."
Even the Coach will participate. Shane Warne don't like it lol.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/257517.html
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=170 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=photo>http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/current/image/257529.jpg?alt=1
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo>We're in the army now: John Buchanan and Jason Gillespie share the load <NOBR>© Getty Images</NOBR>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think this can be really helpful for our team. As long as they are careful on players not getting injured. An obsticle course designed for team building can help our BD team tremendously. Synergy will allow us beat the top teams, cause talent wise individually 11 on 11, we can not be compared with other test nations yet.

mhferdaus
August 23, 2006, 11:10 AM
what would be real help now is playing against teams ranked no. 1 to 5.

Rabz
August 23, 2006, 12:11 PM
i think boot camp is a great idea !!
and now that the Aussies r doing it, dont be surprised to see BCB following the footsteps soon.
our players needs to toughen up a lot, both physically and mentally.

take them to any Army Barracks and hv a training session with them for about 2 weeks. or take them to Bandorbon hill tracks area.

and is the best time. as there is no cricket around for bout 2 months.. let them get back in shape and come back bigger, bulkier and better.

Carte Blanche
August 23, 2006, 12:16 PM
As much as I like the idea of a boot camp, I don't think our players would be very fond of that. It also requires some experimenting. We all know that our players aren't habituated to these strenuous conditions that simulate a battlezone. A boot camp right before the world cup (or even now) could backfire and leave us with an ugly injury or two. I say, we do this on a long term basis after the WC next year and eye the 2011 as our goal to match the elite 8.

Besides, are there many places in Bangaldesh that could accommodate such boot camps? Safety and security is a big issue. Perhaps BCB can work out a deal with the military trainers and borrow/share their facilities on a temporary basis.

ps: psychologist anyone?

akabir77
August 23, 2006, 02:06 PM
Besides, are there many places in Bangaldesh that could accommodate such boot camps?

Why we have scuh a place in dhaka. no its not dhaka cantonment its Dhaka University?:confused:

Sovik
August 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
They could do it in khagrachori

Ahmed_B
August 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
Ya... take them to the hilltracts... and let them come back with half the gang infected with Dengu, few of them with broken limbs... and the rest with scary nightmares of jungle ghosts! :lol:

Actually.. the lack of 'tougness & Confidence' origins in the BD players from somewhere else:

1) Culture of modesty and not being careeristic
2) Too much rush of young blood
3) Lack of enough high-standard heavy-duty Cricket matches
4) Lack of patience and sympathetic support from the Top Test Nations toward's BD
5) Pressure of ultra-popularity or fear of ultra-criticism from home fans
6) Broken links in the training system of a Cricketer from Junior upto National Level

There are probably some more too. Some of these problems can be worked upon.. wheras some others have no solution. But I doubt highly whether BD team has reached that point yet from where they can benifit from things like Army Training etc.

These 'toughness trainings' are like the 9th/10th step of professionalism. And for being able to have the benifits from these.. the team needs to cross the first 8(just saying as an example) steps.

Tigers_eye
August 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>boot camp photos

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- document.write('YOUR PICTURE GALLERY IS NOW LOADING...
') //--> </SCRIPT>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGallery_loading').styl e.display = 'block'; } //--> </SCRIPT>
<!-- this is like this because of html rendering oddity in firefox -->

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_0').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- document.write('YOUR PICTURE GALLERY IS NOW LOADING...
') //--> </SCRIPT>YOUR PICTURE GALLERY IS NOW LOADING...

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGallery_loading').styl e.display = 'block'; } //--> </SCRIPT>
<!-- this is like this because of html rendering oddity in firefox -->http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005640_sitting416.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_0').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>Australia's preparations for the forthcoming Ashes series against England start in relaxed fashion in the outback

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005576_cullen416.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_1').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>The boot camp session begins under cloudless skies in the Beerwah State Forest near Brisbane in Queensland

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005910_dizzy416.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_2').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>Australia coach John Buchanan and paceman Jason Gillespie take on the morning session 12th-man duties

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005582_ponting300.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_3').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>Captain Ricky Ponting's hopes of escaping the four-day commando-style survival course are thwarted early on

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005580_mcgrathhayden300.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_4').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>After lunch, Matthew Hayden and Glenn McGrath try to find a route to Brisbane in time for the first Test in late November

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005572_warnewatson300.jpg

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- if (document.getElementById) { document.getElementById('picGalleryNoScript_5').st yle.display = 'none'; } //--> </SCRIPT>In a new tactical twist that England may wish to note, the two Shane's, Watson and Warne take the isotonic jerry can

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42005000/jpg/_42005584_walk416.jpg

Meanwhile, McGrath's blistering pace is welcomed by the majority of his team-mates, but for some, it's a little too quick

Bancan
August 23, 2006, 04:42 PM
no wonder they are the best. if u work hard u will get the results. when will bd team understand.

Sillypoint
August 23, 2006, 05:35 PM
Didn't the BD team go to Cox's Bazar beach once? It was not a boot camp - but a promod bihar. I remember that some of the crickers were very happy :confused: over there playing beach football.

Next time the desitnation should still be Chittagong - but instead of Cox's bazar it should be BMA (bangladesh military academy).

Fazal
August 23, 2006, 08:47 PM
Boot Camp is inappropriate in our culture. We need to be culture sensitive to be effective. What we need is Sandal Camp in mugy humid weather.

mac
August 24, 2006, 05:57 AM
golmaal vadite chaile ai Aussie gula re ekbaar BD e aina puran dhaka te chaira dete hobe, surely they won't gonna reach australia.

Rabz
August 24, 2006, 10:25 AM
Boot Camp is inappropriate in our culture. We need to be culture sensitive to be effective. What we need is Sandal Camp in mugy humid weather.

and whoz gonna be the sponsor?
Rupsha Choppol?:p

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
and whoz gonna be the sponsor?
Rupsha Choppol?:p
Long live Rupsha Choppol. They will leave a permanent mark on their soft, tultula cheeks. Thats what they deserve after the pathetic performance against Zim. Just chorano dorkar sandle diye.

akabir77
August 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
I knew the owners son of Rupsha choppol....
Anyway I think our player wants sleep number bed they r not going to a boot camp for sure

sadi
September 14, 2006, 01:28 PM
I guess it will be sooner than we expected. Read this in Daily Star:

Wild calls Tigers
Mohammad Isam

Taking a group of highly paid, celebrated national heroes to the wilderness and making them fend for themselves must be one of the boldest new endeavors in cricket.

Come next season, get ready to see the Tigers sweating it out while climbing one of the hills at Rangamati or even trudging on the sandy beaches of Cox's Bazar, taking the lead from recent camps of this sort carried out by India and Australia.

You might have to brace yourself to see our boy next-door Mohammad Ashraful in military attire with his face smeared in war paint. In today's cricket, one has to be ready for anything and everything.

Monotony is the word that comes to mind when one thinks about your average training routine. Of course it is necessary for the players to spend their time in the nets but running in laps round a stadium can slowly turn players off. The outlook of the players, in that instance, has the tendency to become stiff.

Sometimes for a change, the regular professional cricketer (with fitness in mind) would go for road running but given their status, the Tigers would be better off not indulging in it. Rather, coach Dav Whatmore agrees that the Tigers, given enough time, could actually take part in such activities.

"We could have done this (cross-training) but it requires some long-term planning and time in hand. If we had a long off-season it could have been possible, but we will certainly do this in the near future," said Whatmore yesterday while giving individual attention to batsman Aftab Ahmed at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium indoor facilities ahead of the ICC Champions Trophy in India next month.

But the Bangladesh coach also added that he had no qualms about the level of facilities, in terms of human resources, present in his disposal.

"The players are exposed to contemporary and up-to-date coaching facilities, as far as the coaching staff are concerned," explained Whatmore.

"I have a highly qualified charge at my disposal with one of them doing Masters in his discipline. We don't have enough development when it comes to sports science but whatever we have, is good enough."
The Indian coaching staff, though, must have taken their inspiration from the French football team, which went on a few days of intense training program in the Alps before this year's FIFA World Cup.

For three days back in July this year, India's superstars -- from the legend Sachin Tendulkar to the star-in-waiting Mahendra Singh Dhoni -- were kept in a defence establishment outside Bangalore to participate in military drills such as crawling, climbing and that too by living inside tents without any luxury.

Frankly, such a venture was unlikely even a few years ago but with more emphasis being put on team spirit, especially in team sports like cricket and football, the boot camp, as the Australians would call it, is now a reality.

The Australians in fact, amazingly, followed suit. Coach John Buchanan took the best in the world to the famous Australian outback and pictures showed that the likes of Shane Warne, Michael Clarke were walking miles while carrying jerrycans of water as well as pushing broken-down vehicles in military attire just like the Indians had done.

The players, interestingly, had to be fully insured as it was deemed dangerous.

"I am so glad that we did it before Australia because if they had done it before us, then they would have said we are just copying Australia," said Indian captain Rahul Dravid in a recent interview.

A small victory, or just a dig at the invincible Aussies, but whoever did it first, Australia or India, the idea has opened up a new avenue for cricket training, in terms of the mental aspect.
"If you keep following the same routine, sometimes it does get stale. You just provide them with a different challenge for the same set of benefits," admitted Dravid.

"If you are trying physical training, one day you might run around the ground, but if you do that every day you know it will become boring."
Bangladesh could actually add more light into this area with its rich ecological and natural diversities. Maybe the Tigers could bring some newer innovation into training systems that others could follow.

There was one instance in the 1970s when the Bangladesh team, before their matches against the visiting MCC cricket team, actually went on a weeklong camp at a Navy institution.
So there is no short of inspiration (and no room for excuses) for the Tigers now, it seems.

Tokyobreeze
September 14, 2006, 02:21 PM
Sounds good..Hope it will be truely materialized soon and won't get lost within red-ribbons.

Mav
September 15, 2006, 12:16 AM
This is important. Why don we do it right now, before the series in India?
All it takes is a flight for them to rangamati, or to coxsbazar.

The team should go now fr a 3-4 days intense training.

Rabz
September 15, 2006, 01:58 AM
All talks at this point, and only from the newspaper.
Nothing out of BCB's mouth yet.

Though it would be nice to have such camping for our players, i dont think its happening anytime soon. Our admins having hard time organising a tournament which was supposed to be a walk in the park job (CCL), so they coming up with an effective training camp that requires lots of arrangement,co-ordination and planning is something like an indulging thought for me.

Nothing is happening till the next national election as the Board members are also subjected to change with the regime.

BangladeshFan
September 15, 2006, 01:30 PM
bangladeshis are "olosh" by nature. players/organisers no exception. they like to eat a lot of rice and then watch hindi movies in comfort.

IanW
September 15, 2006, 05:47 PM
This is a lunatic idea for Bangladesh.

Did you see the injury toll ???

Australia has depth. Bangladesh does not. Thus, dont do things where injuries are likely.

Ian Whitchurch

Mav
September 19, 2006, 12:59 PM
This is a lunatic idea for Bangladesh.

Did you see the injury toll ???

Australia has depth. Bangladesh does not. Thus, dont do things where injuries are likely.

Ian Whitchurch
You think some intense training in mountains and with the defence will injure our players? Who are already having some indoor and outdoor training? - That just didnt make sense to me, unless you r thinking of some school kids.

I have no doubt that we have good trainers in defence, if not in sports, who knows how to have a quick intense training for players considering the possibilities of injuries.

Fazal
September 19, 2006, 02:40 PM
bangladeshis are "olosh" by nature. players/organisers no exception.

Khaisee generalization...

they like to eat a lot of rice and then watch hindi movies in comfort.

not only bhat.... but panta bhat....
not only hindi movies ... but .... mar-danga hindi movies... screaming from the couch 'mar shaklare mar... maira tokta banayee dee !!!!!"

sadi
September 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
I guess this boot camp idea is the reason behind selecting an army officer (Is he?? naki oitao nokol certificate chilo!!!) as our manager...