PDA

View Full Version : What is the current status of the Mirpur Stadium?

LateCut
August 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
What is the current status of the Mirpur Stadium?

Will the Mirpur Cricket Stadium ready for the upcoming series? Even Kenya qualified one more venu recently despite internal termoil in their cricketing body.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/kenya/content/story/257456.html

"There were concerns that a large mango tree just inside the long-on boundary would be problematical, but ICC officials confirmed that it was covered and allowable under the Laws of the game. Procter added that it "added to the character of the field"."

It is shocking that we have no ICC approved field in the capital (not considering Fatullah Stadium). I will take any even with a
Kathal or Durian Tree in the middle.

Tigers_eye
August 29, 2006, 03:50 PM
Two weeks before the tour we will see all the cricket officials running around the stadium like a headless chicken. Then when they wouldn't be able to finish the job in time, they would call for the BBNS. Just wait and see.

israr
August 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
Will it be ready before Zimbabwe tours Bangladesh.

Carte Blanche
August 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
I don't agree with the tree adding to the "character" of the field. It's just an annoyance, much like the Kent ground.

ialbd
August 30, 2006, 06:37 AM

thats what bcb says
________
D series (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_D_Series)

AsifTheManRahman
August 30, 2006, 09:34 AM
I don't agree with the tree adding to the "character" of the field. It's just an annoyance, much like the Kent ground.

yeah. i don't understand why the icc would allow something like that: cricket is, after all, a sport and any sporting ground should be free of obstacles.

LateCut
August 30, 2006, 12:33 PM
Will it not be nice to have a kathal tree on the ground? Our older players could rest under the shadow and younger (and shorter)ones can climb it get better view. During hot summer days one can also help himself with friuts during water breaks.

LateCut
August 30, 2006, 12:38 PM

Keep hoping! It will still need to be approved by ICC. They may not be able come at a short notice that BCC is likely to give.

SMHasan
August 30, 2006, 08:28 PM
yeah. i don't understand why the icc would allow something like that: cricket is, after all, a sport and any sporting ground should be free of obstacles.

ICC allows trees in the field because it respects the environment law. In foreign countries you will see they do not cut the trees like us. They try to keep the balance of the environment. So to do this ICC is bound to allow the trees in the ground although it looks weired.

mac
August 31, 2006, 05:37 AM
CB er aro mohot chinta ache, they are waiting for the 2011 WC. WC er opening dia stadium opening hobe.:E

Ahmed_B
August 31, 2006, 06:18 AM
Will it not be nice to have a kathal tree on the ground? Our older players could rest under the shadow and younger (and shorter)ones can climb it get better view. During hot summer days one can also help himself with friuts during water breaks.
And also... the fielders can put some 'kathaler atha' on their hands so that they dont miss catches or can save more bounderies! :lol:

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
or tamper with the ball ;)

LateCut
August 31, 2006, 01:08 PM
or tamper with the ball ;)

Why didn't I think of that with all the hoopla going on in Oval?

Good one ATMR!

Mahir
August 31, 2006, 10:20 PM
CB er aro mohot chinta ache, they are waiting for the 2011 WC. WC er opening dia stadium opening hobe.:E

Yup! You got it! :cool:

Rabz
August 31, 2006, 11:13 PM
Mirpur Stadium

http://www.kcspeaks.com/national-park-tour/pending.jpg (http://www.kcspeaks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=xx)

Pending untill
further Notice

(watch this space in December 2010, Terms and Conditions Apply)

LateCut
September 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
ICC allows trees in the field because it respects the environment law. In foreign countries you will see they do not cut the trees like us. They try to keep the balance of the environment. So to do this ICC is bound to allow the trees in the ground although it looks weired.

is that so? Have you ever seen an international football game where there was a tree in the middle of the field? The closest game that comes to my mind is baseball. I have never seen a tree in a baseball field. Not even in a para game!

SMHasan
September 2, 2006, 08:45 PM
is that so? Have you ever seen an international football game where there was a tree in the middle of the field? The closest game that comes to my mind is baseball. I have never seen a tree in a baseball field. Not even in a para game!

Listen my friend, the cricket ground which is very old and incidentally the trees have not been cut before, authorities are willing to keep it, just respecting the law. Football grounds don't have any tree for two reasons 1>Incidentally those were demolished and 2> For technical reasons,for example the playing area is much smaller than cricket ground so there are less probability of having the trees. Moreover players can't run having the tree in the football field!

And don't compare baseball with cricket cause cricket have been played over a long period time and I don't think baseball is that old sport. Hope it clarifies the matter.

LateCut
September 3, 2006, 07:47 PM
It surely doesn't. It is the stupidity of ICC that is in question. The field in Kenya is not that old. You either remove (and possibly relocate) the tree or do not build the field there. It is sheer madness to allow trees in a new field. Furthermore, when a tree dies (in a historic playing field) do not replace it! But noooo! The tradition has to be maintained!

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:19 AM
Could anybody get some pictures of Mirpur Stadium - showing the field with the "star tree!" and upload those for us? I wonder, is it BCB's real love for nature or to make our "prodhan-montri" happy by supporting her slogan "beshi kore gas lagan - desh bachan?"

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 10:42 AM
.... make our "prodhan-montri" happy by supporting her slogan "beshi kore gas lagan - desh bannan?"

What kind of gas it is? Shouldn't the slogan be "beshi kore Pocha Dim Khan - gas bachan"

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 11:30 AM
What kind of gas it is? Shouldn't the slogan be "beshi kore Pocha Dim Khan - gas bachan"

:D :D :D

man can u think of the possibilities here?
if 150 million people can save up their own "gas" in some processing plant or something like that...

talk about alternative renewable energy source.

But then again, the "gas" with all those curry spices is already bad enough.
Now if you want to add pocha Dim with it, the after affect could be catastrophic.
Could be our next "weapon of mass destruction"

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 12:23 PM
:D :D :D

Could be our next "weapon of mass destruction"

And then USA might going to attack us to hijack the producers of "weapon of mass destruction"...thererfore, no people would be left in Bangladesh including our cricket team! Though our dream would come true to be a US citizen!!:D

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 12:29 PM

Boss...ei "gas" hoche "tree" er bangla! But, I liked your's one best. Very practical and productive too!!:lol:

LateCut
September 5, 2006, 12:59 PM
Kalpurush! I was joking. There are no trees (gas, gachh or otherwise) in Mirpur stadium.

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:49 PM
Kalpurush! I was joking. There are no trees (gas, gachh or otherwise) in Mirpur stadium.

Bachalen bhai. Mohasamassay pore giyechilam! " Poribesh, gachh ebong krira nitee " upor thesis shuru kore diyechilam er ki!:D