PDA

View Full Version : The Four To Be Cut

pilot fan
August 31, 2006, 01:03 PM
4 players need to be removed from the chapinopns trophy sqaud before the 7th sept and persuming the basher is fit it is going to be a very difficult choice

my four player to be dropped are

rahim
alok
javed

the third player is a hard one

it is between

merb hossion jr
tusher imran
sakib hassan

i wold personly droped either merb or sakib as they are similar players and we only need one of them in the side along with reza as the all rounders

what do u guys think

sadi
August 31, 2006, 01:10 PM
Drop Tushar. Dropping Sakib will be a crime after the series against Kenya and Zimbabwe. Mehrab deserves a chance. Its definately between Mehrab and Tushar.

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2006, 01:19 PM
4th player is bashar the Captain. Kick his butt all the way to the hospital operation room and fix his hand ASAP. I want him in WC as a player not as a cheer leader. The more he delays the closer WC comes. And what if he hurts himself trying to show his heroism in the CT? One dance with the tweety, and he thinks he is macho man or something.

sadi
August 31, 2006, 01:31 PM
One dance with the tweety, and he thinks he is macho man or something.

:eek:

Rubu
August 31, 2006, 02:02 PM
Tushar Alok and JO. drop these three without even blinking. In fact I will be really, really mad if either one of them are in there. other one, I don't really care.

rudro
August 31, 2006, 02:20 PM
Based on form:

Alok, Golla, Ash, and Rahim

Based on BC sentiment:
Alok, Golla, Rahim, Tushar

Looking to the future:
Alok, Golla, Pilot, Tushar

cricket_pagol
August 31, 2006, 02:30 PM
I think rajin might be dropped in favor of Mehrab.

Umar
August 31, 2006, 04:39 PM
I think rajin might be dropped in favor of Mehrab.

1- I agree with u...Though..rajin Plays good cricket in Sub continent ...so there is something to think about!
2- i also think it should be mehrab hussain. :S

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 04:41 PM
Based on form:

Alok, Golla, Ash, and Rahim

Based on BC sentiment:
Alok, Golla, Rahim, Tushar

Looking to the future:
Alok, Golla, Pilot, Tushar

Alok and Golla got golla out of three! Now waiting to see how the selectors (keeping in mind that Golla is a close friend of our cap and Faruq's frequent support to Alok!!) marked them?!!!:)

Sovik
August 31, 2006, 06:42 PM
Tushar should be dropped. mehrab should open if rajin don't play. and sakib deserved to be in the team

baisab
August 31, 2006, 07:42 PM
Sakib deservs to stay in the squad after his recent performance, tushar just has not been in form or hasn't shown anything impressive domestically or internationally to be considered, Golla needs to start thinking about maybe coaching or become his local area MP, and Alok needs to start his modelling career for close up toothpaste, so that leaves Mehrab who definately needs to get his deserved chance.

Having said that i would also drop Ash until the WC, he has been the bolod for far too long, maybe he should stay in Liverpool and experience the british northern winter, that way the hot rush of blood that he too often gets may cool down for good.

BD Tigers
August 31, 2006, 08:29 PM
I think Rajin will get the chop as he always does. Golla, Alok will surely go. 4th one will be Tusher if Bashar plays. If not, then he's automatic choice as middle order. Selectors picked Mehrab to checkout the openning partnership again w/ Nafees.

Mahir
August 31, 2006, 10:04 PM
BCB is long overdue to give Javed the axe. But I do feel that the selectors will finally make the move. Alok should be the other one. As for the other two, the general consensus is that Mashud still has something to give to the team and the country, and that makes Rahim the third player to be cut. The last cut will depend on the situation, that is, IF Bashar can not play afterall, the selectors will almost certainly keep Tushar and drop one of the all-rounders, Mehrab jnr being the likely candidate.

In my perfect world, Javed, Alok, Rahim and Tushar should be the four cuts from the 18-member squad.

thebest
September 1, 2006, 05:26 AM
BCB got approval that it can replace HB. Considering tht HB might not recover, The 4 should be Golla (though I doubt), Alok (need no explanation), TI (he should be declared A team captain for nxt 3 yrs) and Ash. We could call back Ash if HB did not recover.
Though selectors most likely would drop Alok, Rahim, TI and Rasel. Golla would be retained but also Mehrab. Probably they would play Mehrab againest Zimbo, if we do not have chance. Otherwise mehrab would not get a match.

Miraz
September 1, 2006, 08:17 AM
I think, Mehrab, Golla, Alok and TI will be dropped from the squd. Selectors might also opt for Mehrab and drop Rajin.

kalpurush
September 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
The Four To Be Cut :D

1. Mr. Asgor for doing nothing
2. Selectors, pakhapat dustater jonne
3. Cricket committee for being lazy
4. We, the fans for not to march any effective protest against the odds

rudro
September 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
The Four To Be Cut :D

1. Mr. Asgor for doing nothing
2. Selectors, pakhapat dustater jonne
3. kalpurush
4.Cricket committee for being lazy
I just changed one of them and rearranged the ordering...:)

kalpurush
September 1, 2006, 06:25 PM
I just changed one of them and rearranged the ordering...:)

Bachalen amake!
Many thanks...rudro bhai.
Ekhon aamer bou-chele insurance-er kollane kotipoti hoye jabe!!:D

SMHasan
September 1, 2006, 09:18 PM
JO, Alok and Tushar must go. I don't about the other one. These three are useless idiots.

bapzmania
September 1, 2006, 10:13 PM
JO, Alok and Tushar must go. I don't about the other one. These three are useless idiots.
add one more name........PILOT......if he get a palce in CT squad thts good for him...probably his last chance...but surely he will join the stupidz group very soon.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

mij
September 2, 2006, 04:27 AM
Alok, Golla, Tushar , Ash out. Sakib must stay.

Rubu
September 2, 2006, 08:06 PM

Ok Mr. Holmes, why did not you just quote my post and say, I agree with you completely?

SMHasan
September 2, 2006, 08:27 PM
Ok Mr. Holmes, why did not you just quote my post and say, I agree with you completely?

I did not quote because I found the smell of conspiracy in your language :) and where I find such things then I can't provide consent to others!

TheWatcher
September 3, 2006, 06:05 PM
It was learnt that uncapped opener Mehrab Hossain is all set to get the final nod from the 18-member preliminary squad and that meant the axe will definitely fall on the veteran opener Javed Omar, whom many believe is not suitable for the shorter-version game.

All-rounder Alok Kapali, who was excluded from the recently concluded Kenya tour after yet another disappointing performance in Zimbabwe, was not discussed at all, not only for his poor show but also illness. Alok is yet to join the camp.

There was also no scope for the selectors to carry Mushfiqur Rahim as a second wicketkeeper in the 14-member squad for the second successive occasion while Tushar Imran was the other member not to consider for ICC's second biggest tournament.

Although BCB earlier told that the ICC will announce the teams simultaneously, they may disclose it to the local media on September 7 as Sri Lanka and India already made public their final squads.

LIKELY 14
Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Khaled Mashud, Sakib Al Hasan, Mehrab Hossain, Forhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain.

Daily Star Report (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/04/d60904040332.htm)
Looks like the selectors are finally using their senses, provided the report is true.

fuzzy
September 3, 2006, 06:22 PM
LIKELY 14
Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Khaled Mashud, Sakib Al Hasan, Mehrab Hossain, Forhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain.

thats the 1

Rabz
September 4, 2006, 01:13 AM
looks like our desired first 14.
but as always...our selectors have a passion for a twist and drama.
lets wait till the final calls.

PoorFan
September 5, 2006, 12:57 AM
LIKELY 14
<!--StartFragment -->All depends on those five, no matter how good we are on cut. Win against Zimbo is a MUST, lets see how they work.

nsd3
September 5, 2006, 01:09 AM
Main 11 -
Shahriar, Rajin, Aftab, Bashar, Ashraful, Saqib, Farhad, Pilot, Rafiq, Mashrafi, Rajib

Stand By 3 -
Top Order -Mehrab;
All rounder - Rajjak;
Pacer - Russel

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 11:07 AM
I said it before and I am saying it again.

Currently Razzak is the top 5 performer in the team. There is no way he will be dropped from the current 11. He can be dropped only if/when he fails to perform one of the future games.

and btw... I am not even a Razzak fan by any means.

baisab
September 5, 2006, 09:01 PM
The paper indicated that Javed Omar, the veteran opener, was likely to be dropped from the squad with Mehrab Hossain, an uncapped opener, set to take his place. The same fate is likely to be suffered by Alok Kapali, the all-rounder, who was excluded from the recently concluded Kenya tour after a disappointing performance in Zimbabwe. Mushfiqur Rahim and Tushar Imran are the other players not likely to be picked.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/258551.html

this is cricinfo also reffering to Daily Stars report, well this is almost certain now, finally the selectors have learned how to do their jobs :)

Rubu
September 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
I thought the team was supposed to be announced today (wednesday). What happened? did not see a sign of it on thursday prothom alo.

does anyone know? or I mis the team is supposed to be announced tomorrow?

SMHasan
September 6, 2006, 08:39 PM
I thought the team was supposed to be announced today (wednesday). What happened? did not see a sign of it on thursday prothom alo.

does anyone know? or I mis the team is supposed to be announced tomorrow?

I am wondering as well, thought the selection committee was gonna submit the team to the BCB on the 6th and it will be revealed to the media on the 7th. Probably we will see the team later today.