PDA

View Full Version : BD strategy to qualify in Champions Trophy

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 01:40 PM
As we all know BD strategy to hunt down S. Tikolo by Mashrafee in the last away series against Kenya worked well, now the question is how we are going to hunt down the big boys of SL, WI and ZB?
I think the following players might be a threat to reach our goal!

SL: Vass
Sangakkara
Jayawardene

WI: Chanderpaul
Gayle
Lara
Sarwan

ZB: Masakadza
Utseya

May be we need more than one tricks to fool our oppositions. With this, obviously, we will be needed to play our best in all departments of the game as well. Friends, what would be your strategies?

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 01:47 PM
BD strategy to qalify in Champions Trophy
Sorry! Spelling mistake: Pls. read "Qualify" instade of qalify!! Thanks.
Mods: Could you pls. correct it?, kindly. Much thanks.

sadi
August 31, 2006, 01:49 PM
One stratergy: Bose bose doa poren.

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2006, 01:51 PM
Against chuna puti, a strategy like targeting their best player works real well. Against the big dogs no amount of strategy will work unless we implement it with perfection. We got away with poor batting against Kenya. SL and WI will mercilessly kill us if we give a similar kind of performance.

Strategy #1: Don't throw your wickets up.
Strategy #2: Rotate Strike. You don't have to hit 4 and 6 in every ball.
Strategy #3: Bowl on the right spot and mix them up with speed and flight.
Strategy #4: Don't get frustrated once your back is against the wall. Fight.

WI and SL have too many Steve Tikolos or better. The Strategy is to steal one game against SL or WI by hook or by ....

betaar
August 31, 2006, 02:42 PM
BD strategy should be to do the basic right....that's all.

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 03:04 PM
One stratergy: Bose bose doa poren.

You are right. Doa hoche mohauusadh. Tobe, problem hoche...shudhu doatey kaj hoy na ajkal! :lol:

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 03:06 PM
Against chuna puti, a strategy like targeting their best player works real well. Against the big dogs no amount of strategy will work unless we implement it with perfection. We got away with poor batting against Kenya. SL and WI will mercilessly kill us if we give a similar kind of performance.

Strategy #1: Don't throw your wickets up.
Strategy #2: Rotate Strike. You don't have to hit 4 and 6 in every ball.
Strategy #3: Bowl on the right spot and mix them up with speed and flight.
Strategy #4: Don't get frustrated once your back is against the wall. Fight.

WI and SL have too many Steve Tikolo's or better. The Strategy is to steal one game against SL or WI by hook or by ....

:up:
by hook or by...? Setay to jante chachi?!!:D

Rubu
August 31, 2006, 03:40 PM
Bd strategy to play good in CT qualifying round: pick the right team, when you play with 7,8 or 9 players you do not have much options.

get rid of players like JO, alok or tushar and we will autometically have a better chance.

kalpurush
August 31, 2006, 04:18 PM
Obviously, it's a #1 condition to pick the right team. And thanks for the correction Rubu, wasn't you?

Haradhon
August 31, 2006, 07:41 PM
Beat Zimbos. Fight hard with WI and do not even think about beating SL.

Mahir
August 31, 2006, 10:08 PM
Strategically, the primary critical aspect will be the team selection. The committee NEEDS to get the Playing XI right. In an ODI, any capable team can come out as the victors on any given day. Given that the team combination is good enough, the players just have to perform in the field sensibly.
Heck, its always easier said than done.

Rabz
August 31, 2006, 10:16 PM
Beat Zimbos. Fight hard with WI and do not even think about beating SL.

which planet u come from mate?? Pluto?? oops..they r not a planet anymore..
why not "even think" of beating SL??
if my memory serves me right, we beat them just early this year!! if we can do it once, we can do it again!!

Our target would be simple as: Play good sensible cricket with the aim to win ALL the matches. Whether they can or not is another question. but if u do play with that aim and given its One day Cricket, i cant see why we wont be able to win at least 2 games out of Zim, WI and SL. after all, we DID beat two out of these 3 teams before. and PLZ FOR GOD'S SAKE, dont tell me how SL annihilated SA and Eng recently. It hardly means anything to me for upcoming matches in October.

yes its wud be near impossible to ask from our players to win 3 international matches in a row against at least 2 quality opponents, but that should be the aim and target.

and about the strategy?? I have a plan.
BD players need to think that WI and SL is actually Australia. Cuz we seems to hv played much better against the world champs in the recent past than what was expected of us. Plus think how we beat them. and think of beating them again.
Think how the almost "great" win got away. Feel the rage and go for the kill.

Eid shall come early for us Inshallah.

israr
September 1, 2006, 04:33 AM
which planet u come from mate?? Pluto?? oops..they r not a planet anymore..
why not "even think" of beating SL??
if my memory serves me right, we beat them just early this year!! if we can do it once, we can do it again!!

Our target would be simple as: Play good sensible cricket with the aim to win ALL the matches. Whether they can or not is another question. but if u do play with that aim and given its One day Cricket, i cant see why we wont be able to win at least 2 games out of Zim, WI and SL. after all, we DID beat two out of these 3 teams before. and PLZ FOR GOD'S SAKE, dont tell me how SL annihilated SA and Eng recently. It hardly means anything to me for upcoming matches in October.

yes its wud be near impossible to ask from our players to win 3 international matches in a row against at least 2 quality opponents, but that should be the aim and target.

and about the strategy?? I have a plan.
BD players need to think that WI and SL is actually Australia. Cuz we seems to hv played much better against the world champs in the recent past than what was expected of us. Plus think how we beat them. and think of beating them again.
Think how the almost "great" win got away. Feel the rage and go for the kill.

Eid shall come early for us Inshallah.

Well said.

cricket_dorshok
September 1, 2006, 05:02 AM
Well, play sensibly against ZIM (that we should ) and pray for atleast one eid day (for Ash and Aftab) against WI and SL.

Spitfire_x86
September 1, 2006, 09:30 AM
No strategy will work until our players stop believing in "honorable defeat" and play only for winning.

AsifTheManRahman
September 1, 2006, 09:34 AM
bat, bat, bat. rotate, rotate, rotate.

Tigers_eye
September 1, 2006, 09:57 AM
No strategy will work until our players stop believing in "honorable defeat" and play only for winning.
Our cricket players don't have that mentality. Those days are long gone from our locker room. If that was the case then we wouldn't be able to win against SL or Australia. Those wins weren't fluke. Every player has a role to play. The coach decides who will do what. The captain tries to stick to the strategy. As long as they can stick to their strategy and play their role we will win as we have done it in the past.

FaridpurChicago
September 1, 2006, 10:56 AM
First of all we have to believe that it's a mental game and players should believe that they can beat all these teams. They should take a never say die approach.

Now who should be the players? I don't want to mention who should be included but I can tell who must be excluded. JO, Alok, Tushar I, Pilot must be excluded.

One of our two match winners (Ash, Aftab) should click.

One of our two dependables (Bashar, SN) should play a long innings.

One of our two capables (Rajin, Farhad) should score a 50.

Am I expecting something unrealistic? I don't think so. If my above assumption works - TAHOLE DOA PORA LAGBE NA. We'll win automatically.

thebest
September 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
First of all we have to believe that it's a mental game and players should believe that they can beat all these teams. They should take a never say die approach.

Now who should be the players? I don't want to mention who should be included but I can tell who must be excluded. JO, Alok, Tushar I, Pilot must be excluded.

One of our two match winners (Ash, Aftab) should click.

One of our two dependables (Bashar, SN) should play a long innings.

One of our two capables (Rajin, Farhad) should score a 50.

Am I expecting something unrealistic? I don't think so. If my above assumption works - TAHOLE DOA PORA LAGBE NA. We'll win automatically.
YOU NEED THE DOA so that ur assumptions work. Your assumptios are not unrealistic but with low probability.

Miraz
September 1, 2006, 11:32 AM
Bhai only one strategy,

[বাংলা]মাঠে নেমে সবাইকে দায়িত্ব নিয়ে খেলতে হবে [/বাংলা]

bapzmania
September 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
Like all other Bangladeshi spectator I hope Bangladesh will able to beat WI or Srilanka. It does not matter how strong are they. We should keep in mind that we can beat anyone in our day. Allah please helps them so that we can proud

6alltheway
September 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
Do the simple things well, you dont need flair or an outstading player, just a team who knows how to play good and simple cricket.

DotBall
September 1, 2006, 07:37 PM
Strategies:

1. Play basic cricket and get it right.
2. Don't forget number strategy #1

We don't have any super heros in our team, but we will be up against few for sure.

Miraz
September 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
BD will play a practice match against Panjab Ronji Trophy team on 5th October. This match will be an indication about BD's chance in CT.

SMHasan
September 1, 2006, 09:06 PM
It's only waste of time discussing this matter. Because they (our team) had proved strategies are not for us. They don't bother about the condition or opposition at all. They can be all out within 100 runs in their home soil. So just wait and see what happens.

prasad
September 2, 2006, 03:00 AM
WI: Chanderpaul
Gayle
Lara
Sarwan

watch out for Dwayne Smith...remember him smacking some huge ones during last tour of bd to wi.

kalpurush
September 3, 2006, 01:50 AM
watch out for Dwayne Smith...remember him smacking some huge ones during last tour of bd to wi.

:up:
Just one request my friend, please don't add any more names in the list!:D

Spitfire_x86
September 3, 2006, 02:22 AM
Our cricket players don't have that mentality. Those days are long gone from our locker room. If that was the case then we wouldn't be able to win against SL or Australia. Those wins weren't fluke.
Those days aren't long gone. We're in a transitional phase. And yes, our win against Australia was a fluke (for many reasons, this topic demands a seperate thread for discussion).

nasifkhan
September 3, 2006, 04:09 AM
The one and only strategy will be to STOP Footani mara......beshi kotha bartha na bole...chup chap khelar dike monojog deya.....

SMHasan
September 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
The one and only strategy will be to STOP Footani mara......beshi kotha bartha na bole...chup chap khelar dike monojog deya.....

Thik bolechen Nasif bhai.

Sovik
September 3, 2006, 08:42 PM

real threat will be sarwan. he is one of the best in odi's

PoorFan
September 5, 2006, 01:13 AM
Leave wives and kids in Dhaka ( Bashar, Pilot ), stay out of 'market' ( all ), and stop 'day dreaming' ( Ash, Aftab ).

thebest
September 5, 2006, 04:29 AM
Leave wives and kids in Dhaka ( Bashar, Pilot ), stay out of 'market' ( all ), and stop 'day dreaming' ( Ash, Aftab ).
This is most difficult strategy to implement:D
There is better chance that Bangladeshi politicians to become honest than Ash and Aftab stop day dreaming and Our players going out shopping for wives/kids/girls friends from India

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 10:20 AM
i can think of only one strategy.
Win.Win.Win.
Win games and we will qualify.

Win, by hook or by freaking crook.
Win, by any means.
Win, no matter what.

Win, give your best shot.
Win, dont be afraid of big names.
Win, as you hv won before, against the likes of Australia, SL and India.

Win, believe in urself.
Win, cuz u can do it.

Win, think of 150 million people.
Win, think of us crazy BC fans.

most importantly,
Win, play for Bangladesh.
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Duck
September 5, 2006, 11:38 AM
BD will play a practice match against Panjab Ronji Trophy team on 5th October. This match will be an indication about BD's chance in CT..............................would like to add the real senerio..........BD will lose to this provincial team, and then all hell will break down on their head.......:E even before they will start their real mission......:mad:

istiak
September 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
No body even thinking about how to win against Zim to whom we just lost!!

insideedge
September 5, 2006, 01:06 PM
Punjab Ranji team are the runners up in Ranji Trophy and their team includes Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Dinesh Mongia, V R V Singh and others. Bangladesh going down to Punjab is a real possibility.

Duck
September 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
Dav has wasted plenty of time nurturing the bunch-of-loggerheadeds on playing their natural games: doing their own business. This proved inefficient and most of the time insufficient. Now is the time to change the gear. Why dont we think the weakness that the opposition have and act according (near about!) to that plot. He has that knowledge. He should employ those: find faults in others pocket and get the coins out of those holes. May be it is weakness of the whole opposition or individual players (atleast two key players). If we do not attack, do not make others feel out of their own plan, we will never, ever become a winner. Playing our natural game and waiting for a lucky day will never get us upper hand, coz we dont have anyting natural, anything normal! The BD team is a bunch of suckers!! If they are not dictated what to do, they wont do their job.

Ahmed_B
September 5, 2006, 01:21 PM
aar strategy!

Sob strategy bad dia eibar 'Bangla Style Cricket' (Danguli) suru kora uchit !. no other way!

SMHasan
September 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
Dav has wasted plenty of time nurturing the bunch-of-loggerheadeds on playing their natural games: doing their own business. This proved inefficient and most of the time insufficient. Now is the time to change the gear. Why dont we think the weakness that the opposition have and act according (near about!) to that plot. He has that knowledge. He should employ those: find faults in others pocket and get the coins out of those holes. May be it is weakness of the whole opposition or individual players (atleast two key players). If we do not attack, do not make others feel out of their own plan, we will never, ever become a winner. Playing our natural game and waiting for a lucky day will never get us upper hand, coz we dont have anyting natural, anything normal! The BD team is a bunch of suckers!! If they are not dictated what to do, they wont do their job.

You can utilize the weakness of others only when you make less errors and only when you know what you can do. If you don't know the game then there is no point of telling to find other team's weakness.

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
"With his hand on heart, literally, the 53-year old Sri Lankan-born Australian said that he realistically believes that his side have the strength to win two matches and qualify for the second round." theDailyStar

Lara, Sangakkara Gelo Toll
Dav (Mamu) Boley Koto Joll?

Why we need to worry on strategy when we can trust on Dav?

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:14 PM
No body even thinking about how to win against Zim to whom we just lost!!

If we could win against SL or WI, we will win against Zimbabwe for sure. No worries my friend.:lol:

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:22 PM
"With his hand on heart, literally, the 53-year old Sri Lankan-born Australian said that he realistically believes that his side have the strength to win two matches and qualify for the second round." theDailyStar

Lara, Sangakkara Gelo Toll
Dav (Mamu) Boley Koto Joll?

Why we need to worry on strategy when we can trust on Dav?

Sangakkara aagei tolle giyeche,
ekhon shudhu Lara, er basor rut baki -
bhabiteche aamader Mashrafee :D

PoorFan
September 6, 2006, 01:31 AM
This is most difficult strategy to implement:D
There is better chance that Bangladeshi politicians to become honest than Ash and Aftab stop day dreaming and Our players going out shopping for wives/kids/girls friends from India
Very true! I also forgot coming EID.:(

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Sangakkara aagei tolle giyeche,
ekhon shudhu Lara, er basor rut baki -
bhabiteche aamader Mashrafee :D

Ki bhai, Kobi hoye gelen kobe?
BC dekhi amader shobai ke Kobi baniye disse.

Amio kobi hobar chesta korsi, shudu kobitar ovabh.:-/ :-/ :-/

"kobita, tumi shopno charini hoye khobor niyona
kobita, ei nishachor amae bhebona shuker mohona
dekhbe amader bhalobasha
hoye gese kokhon jeno
Poddo Patar jol."
- by James and Deholovi

kalpurush
September 7, 2006, 02:03 AM
[quote=Sydney]Ki bhai, Kobi hoye gelen kobe?
BC dekhi amader shobai ke Kobi baniye disse.

Amio kobi hobar chesta korsi, shudu kobitar ovabh.:-/ :-/ :-/

BD jei cheka dilo Zimbabwe-te
Sei chekar morome bhai
hoye gelam kobi re!:(

insideedge
September 7, 2006, 05:41 AM
"Everyone has got a strategy, till they get punched in the mouth"- to paraphrase an ex Heavyweight boxing champion.

Flip Master Mick
September 9, 2006, 05:21 AM
win against zim... gain respect against the rest...

kalpurush
September 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
win against zim... gain respect against the rest...

One win wouldn't help us much though! You know winner takes it all. And loser?:down: !

rudro
September 10, 2006, 09:49 PM
There is no better strategy than putting lot of runs on the scoreboard! If we cannot score more than 250, then we shouldn't dream of winning any match. Yes, I mean any match!

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
Strategy at CT should be a little different than the WC cause of the timing of the matches. (Day-night)

From previous experience we know batting 2nd in a day-night match is very difficult (under the light). Then again, most of our famous wins came from chasing the target. Also, the recent vulnarability of closing a match out may be a concern.

Our management must come up with a plan on batting first or second. SL is far better team to chase. So against SL do you think we should bat second if we win the toss? How about against WI and Zim?

Leading up to CT Mash, Shahadat, Rasel must practice and know the difference between a yorkers and a full toss.

akabir77
September 11, 2006, 02:00 PM
Strategy what's that? havn't you hard what Rafiq bhai said he doesn't plan anything he goes and ball and rest is history...

kalpurush
September 11, 2006, 02:08 PM
Strategy at CT should be a little different than the WC cause of the timing of the matches. (Day-night)

Leading up to CT Mash, Shahadat, Rasel must practice and know the difference between a yorkers and a full toss.

:up: :up: :up:

kalpurush
September 25, 2006, 10:41 PM
We all know now WI's weakness! If Mashrafee (or any one!) could get two or more early wickets and the spinners do their job accordingly, we would have a fair chance to win against the Carribeans in CT. I hope Mashrafee and Rassel will recover soon and join the team in their practice match in India, hopefully.

Tokyobreeze
September 26, 2006, 01:19 AM
To me, only two startegy seems important now -

1. Get fit to play the best 11.Mash and Rasel should be fit by the practice match against Panjab and should be 100% fit for the CT matches.

2. Play sensibly.

PoorFan
September 26, 2006, 01:44 AM
Hmmm ... strategy ... If it's has any meaning in BD team :confused: ... play to win every match.

Duck
September 26, 2006, 04:58 PM
To me, only two startegy seems important now -

1. Get fit to play the best 11.Mash and Rasel should be fit by the practice match against Panjab and should be 100% fit for the CT matches.

2. Play sensibly.

"sense" jinishta ki tai bujhey na............!:mad:

Tokyobreeze
September 26, 2006, 10:28 PM
"sense" jinishta ki tai bujhey na............!:mad:

সেটাইতো প্রধান সমস্যা । দুঃখ লাগে যে খেলোয়াড়দের মেধা আছে, কিন্তু সেন্স এর বড়োই অভাব । এরা যদি একটু কমনসেন্স ব্যবহার করতো তাহলে আজ আমাদের অনেকগুলো জয় থাকতো ।

SS
September 27, 2006, 04:43 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/241339.html
source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/241339.html

Wishe they were on their full strength. Really missing three of them. :(
Ah well for pace bowling strategy none will work, but hope our SLA can check the runs atleast. All depends on our top order now.

kalpurush
September 27, 2006, 10:59 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/241339.html
source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/241339.html

Wishe they were on their full strength. Really missing three of them. :(
Ah well for pace bowling strategy none will work, but hope our SLA can check the runs atleast. All depends on our top order now.

SS bhai....dua korchi antorer antosthal theke....aapner jibon mongol moy hok. aangshik holeo a positive one from you! Cheers-:lol: