PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee Getting Married

thebest
September 4, 2006, 05:56 AM
So it is official.Mash is getting married on the 7th. If the trend of our young hope continue (Nafis, Mushfiq), then Mash would be out of team by this time next year. I sincerly hope I proved wrong.
Read (http://www.jaijaidin.com/view_news.php?News-ID=11213&issue=74&nav_id=4).

Congratulation and Good Luck Mash.
I hope his bride would bring good luck to us.

Rabz
September 4, 2006, 06:39 AM
oh... congrats to Mashree on gettin married.
Looks like now its his turn to get bowled out.. !!
Hope lady luck would be in his side and he would marvel in the future to come for BD and himself.

Good on ya mate.
Congrats.

Rubu
September 4, 2006, 09:29 AM
yeah, say good bye to carrier of mashrafee. sign was shown already against zim. and now, following nafis and mushfique, he might ended up doing the same.

we should have a rule for national team, no getting married until you are out of the team. :lol:

SMHasan
September 4, 2006, 09:32 AM
[বাংলা]কি হয় কে জানে![/বাংলা]

Hatebreed
September 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
He'll be very tired for a while... I wish him happiness and best of luck.

Mustakim
September 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
IN our local picnic whenever the bachelor (us ),play soccer against the married men we win by huge margin. Being married eats of lots of energy. Mash will become Ash, unless his wife is a big time chef. If she is a good cook and feed him healthy meals then I don't worry about him.

SS
September 4, 2006, 11:16 AM
He just ended his career with this decision. What a blow for him. Not a good way to end a cricketer's career. Nowadays, very few wife expects a guy to give full time for practice and they always want attention. Mash could have waited for the country. What can I say, I didn't wait!!!

Mav
September 4, 2006, 11:18 AM
oooooo.. That might be a heartbreaking news for ladies..

Haradhon
September 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
Mashrafee getting married means: His performace will take a dip!

Rabz
September 4, 2006, 11:32 AM
no no guys... keep faith on him
im sure his performance would go up...
cuz probably he wont be able to keep his performance down...like other things...:cool:

BD Tigers
September 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
what a bunch of BS! Getting married has nothing to do how u perform. Just because Nafis Iqbal failed doesn't mean everybody will fail. It cud go other way too. Infact I think it will as they say "ghorer lokkhi" is coming.

shaoun
September 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
players like bashar rafique are married and them two are the most consistant player in our team.

cricket_dorshok
September 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
best wishes for his 2nd innings!!!!! (presuming his 1st innings (cricket) is going to down soon)

chinaman
September 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Congratulations and best wishes for them.

Cricket may take a back seat for a while, which is not unusual, but I'm confident Masri will continue to serve the nation for years to come.

Ahmed_B
September 4, 2006, 12:40 PM
:) Everybody is so busy crying out 'hai hai.. ebar ki hobe' rather than Congratulating Mash on his new life!

Lots of congrats and best wishes to him. I'm sure Mashrafee will keep going higher in the performance graph no matter whether he gets married or becomes a father or whatever. Everybody is not Nafis Iqbal... and besides..I'm not ready to accept that NI's performance downfall has anything to do at all with his marriage.

Cheer up guys! :)

Sam
September 4, 2006, 01:04 PM
Best wishes for the new couple.
But was the 2nd ODI in ZIM a pre-marriage debacle by conceding 6 sixes?

al Furqaan
September 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
congrats to the young tiger couple

kalpurush
September 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
Aabhinandon...Mashrafee! Now Mashrafee will learn how to dominate session after session!!:D

kalpurush
September 4, 2006, 01:20 PM
Best wishes for the new couple.
But was the 2nd ODI in ZIM a pre-marriage debacle by conceding 6 sixes?

He was trying to get use to with the post-marriage debacle....I guess!:D

detroitpagla
September 4, 2006, 05:24 PM
that's a bad news for bd cricket another player suiciding and now he'll be too busy hanging out with his shala/shalis
(ex. when Ashraful goes to other countries he focuses on buying stuff for his family rather then playing a good match)

fan_frm_the_uk
September 4, 2006, 06:02 PM
friends,
as far i know he got married few months back. the girl's name is SUMI. and it was not a arranged one. he ran away with her. I heard this from som1 in Norail. sory if i hav given any wrong information. but this is what i heard.

Zobair
September 4, 2006, 06:03 PM
congratulations.

babubangla
September 4, 2006, 08:41 PM
When is Ash getting married?
I'm eagier to see what can a marriage do to his carrier.
You never know-- may be a facinating U turn!!

Congrats to Mashrafee.
I hope he remembers: Wives are not batsmen.

Hatebreed
September 4, 2006, 09:56 PM

He'll lose control at some point :lol:

PoorFan
September 5, 2006, 12:38 AM
This early marriage tradition in our cricket team has to be stopped.

sunny747
September 5, 2006, 01:09 AM
This early marriage tradition in our cricket team has to be stopped.

Trust me! they are not young.........shobai age churi kore..........i don't know why..paki tradition.............Look at aftab.....i guess he sayz he is just 20......unbelievable!!!...chol shob pore gese.......how can he be that young?

PoorFan
September 5, 2006, 01:23 AM
Trust me! they are not young.........shobai age churi kore..........i don't know why..paki tradition.............Look at aftab.....i guess he sayz he is just 20......unbelievable!!!...chol shob pore gese.......how can he be that young?
Hmm... <!--StartFragment -->still they are 22 to 24, and still it's early to be married before estublish one's careear, IMO though.

mshakir56
September 5, 2006, 02:34 AM
Good Luck Mash. hope you don't forget your duty to bring nothing but pride for us.

salin
September 5, 2006, 03:02 AM
He'll be very tired for a while... I wish him happiness and best of luck.

My toughest fight was with my first wife. Muhammad Ali

So chances of wining is very low if he play both :lol:

I think it would be a good idea to give him a break for atleast to win his toughest game

Andy-Flower
September 5, 2006, 03:24 AM
Congarats to my man Mashrafee..yall wrong in assuming that when one gets married they game is affected negatively, when our own Taibu got married he scored a couple of 50s against India.
Matsikenyeri was chucked out of the team for not converting his 40s into 50s..but recently on his comeback tour he incresed his scoring to 80, imagine what he will do when he gets a baby -->he might just score us a couple of centuries;).
I wish Mashrafee all the best in his marriage...if i wasn't broke i was going to give this guy 17000 Taka on his wedding day on the 7th for the 17runs....*some text missing*

nasifkhan
September 5, 2006, 07:05 AM
Congarats to my man Mashrafee..yall wrong in assuming that when one gets married they game is affected negatively, when our own Taibu got married he scored a couple of 50s against India.
Matsikenyeri was chucked out of the team for not converting his 40s into 50s..but recently on his comeback tour he incresed his scoring to 80, imagine what he will do when he gets a baby -->he might just score us a couple of centuries;).
I wish Mashrafee all the best in his marriage...if i wasn't broke i was going to give this guy 17000 Taka on his wedding day on the 7th for the 17runs....*some text missing*

but as a matter of fact taibu & matsi is not bangladeshi....... if they were gods knows what would happened ....

Hatebreed
September 5, 2006, 07:31 AM
but as a matter of fact taibu & matsi is not bangladeshi....... if they were gods knows what would happened ....

That's right... I think I saw on Discovery channel that lions can do it as much as 20 to 50 times a day LOL.. I don't think it's the case with tigers :floor:

SS
September 5, 2006, 08:20 AM
There is no way a player can concentrate fully in game if he is married, especially a BD player unless the wife is very compromising!!
How many girls nowadays are like that, I bet we can count them.

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 10:12 AM
:) Everybody is so busy crying out 'hai hai.. ebar ki hobe' rather than Congratulating Mash on his new life!

Lots of congrats and best wishes to him. I'm sure Mashrafee will keep going higher in the performance graph no matter whether he gets married or becomes a father or whatever. Everybody is not Nafis Iqbal... and besides..I'm not ready to accept that NI's performance downfall has anything to do at all with his marriage.

Cheer up guys! :)

Spot on mate.:up: :up: :up:
Perfectly said.

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 11:03 AM
...if i wasn't broke i was going to give this guy 17000 Taka on his wedding day on the 7th for the 17runs....*some text missing*

;) Let me add the missing text:...if i wasn't broke i was going to give this guy 17000 Taka on his wedding day on the 7th for the 17runs and 27 wickets in five ODI's in November 2006 against us. Mashrafee, my man...mercy...

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 11:18 AM
hmmm... 17,000 Taka?
How much that makes in Zim Dollar?
5 gizillion Dollar?
Do they hv currency that big?

Duck
September 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
Bucket Full Of Congrats For Mashree.............

istiak
September 5, 2006, 11:55 AM
Congrat to Mash........

I think most of our members are unmarried and thats why making all kinds of funny comments!!

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 12:10 PM
I think most of our members are unmarried and thats why making all kinds of funny comments!!

So you are saying that when people get married they loose their sense of humour?

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 12:43 PM
So you are saying that when people get married they loose their sense of humour?

Unlike you though!:D

Duck
September 5, 2006, 01:02 PM
Dont know why..........but seems like BD players are not professional in plying cricket.......ironically they are professional in their own lives (no offense!)...having stable flow of money makes some of them atleast getting all their goals in lives, but not in their own profession: that is cricket :(
Hope Mashree will prove the other ways.......

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2006, 01:07 PM
Congrates Mash!

SMHasan
September 5, 2006, 01:55 PM
Congrats to Mashrafee.

Wives are not bowlers either :)

SMHasan
September 5, 2006, 01:59 PM

Aftab is not that old, the reason for he lost his hair may be he has been suffering from hepatitis (pls check for the spelling) or people looses hair for various reason. For example I am loosing my hair as well although I am 23 and by the the time I am 30 I might go bold like a stadium :( but hope it's not gonna happen.

israr
September 5, 2006, 04:19 PM
Only one question: Is it arrange or love marriage

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 04:22 PM
Only one question: Is it arrange or love marriage

Only one Answer. Looks like its love Marriage. Looks like Mashrafee is marrying his childhood sweet heart.

So sweet ..... so sweet.....

Navarene
September 5, 2006, 06:03 PM
Any pics available of his newly maried wife? Pls post here.

Mahir
September 5, 2006, 06:24 PM
Goodness gracious... this news is selling like hot cake!

There are countless world class cricketers who are married and are performing admirably in both lives - life in cricket and life outside cricket. Why cant our Mashrafee then ? I'm sure he will successfully serve the national team for a long, long time to go.

Congratulations to Mashrafee.. and all the best for the new couple!

baisab
September 5, 2006, 07:39 PM
Congrats to Masri, hope his wife is tall, pretty and athletic, that wat they can breed future generations of Bangladeshi stars :)

as for the blaming marriage for the demise of nafis and others, i dont think that was the case, they were shite from the outset. heck nafis made rajin look like Afridi when he batted. so im not worried about Masri, he is truely world class.

remember one thing, behind every successfull man is a woman

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 07:55 PM

but why?

SMHasan
September 5, 2006, 08:26 PM
but why?

[বাংলা]বুঝলেন না? বাগিয়ে নেবার একটা সুপ্ত ইচ্ছা আছে আর কি!:)[/বাংলা]

Hatebreed
September 5, 2006, 08:28 PM

Why you dirty boy you ! :p

Navarene
September 5, 2006, 10:00 PM
Why you dirty boy you ! :p

errm...I thought that mine was an innocent query :love:
*cough cough*

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:01 PM

Not yet! They are going to get married the day after tomorrow. I am trying to get a pic of his(Mashrafee) sister-in-law to post here soon!;)

mhferdaus
September 5, 2006, 10:25 PM
congrats to our strike bowler, hope he strikes ( succeeds ) in marriage too .

Tokyobreeze
September 6, 2006, 12:03 AM
আমাদের মোরতাজা বিয়ের করে মরার বদলে (আগে যেমন দেখা গেছে বিদ্যুত, অপি, রোকনের ক্ষেত্রে) আরো তাজা হয়ে উঠবে এটাই প্রত্যাশা ।

Lots of Congrats to Mashrafi for starting the new Innings of life!

Tokyobreeze
September 6, 2006, 12:08 AM
[বাংলা]বুঝলেন না? বাগিয়ে নেবার একটা সুপ্ত ইচ্ছা আছে আর কি!:)[/বাংলা]

তাহলে তো ভয়ের কথা । ইচ্ছা থাকলে না কি উপায় হয়?

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 12:16 AM
Not yet! They are going to get married the day after tomorrow. I am trying to get a pic of his(Mashrafee) sister-in-law to post here soon!;)

kalpurush bhai, i thought u r happily married!!
oh..i get it,
u r trying to get picture of his shali for us??:D

so nice of you.
thnx for looking out for your younger brothers here.

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 11:44 AM
kalpurush bhai, i thought u r happily married!!

Why? Bibahito Pururh-der ke Shad Ahlad Thakte Parey na... unara Ki niramish?

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 12:25 PM
Why? Bibahito Pururh-der ke Shad Ahlad Thakte Parey na... unara Ki niramish?

ki kore boli bhai?
ekhono to bibaho korinai

shunchi biya korle naki niramish-e hoye jete hoy!!:D :D

jei muhurte bolben "kobul", shei muhurte shob shad ahlad bishorjon dite hoy!!

haire kopal, naire shukh kisute

BagherBacha
September 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
mash is gonna bowl fast with good line and length since he will have good blood circulation. :)

raju
September 6, 2006, 02:44 PM
Here is the pic of his bride ......lucky dude ;)

http://dailyinqilab.com/september7/pdf/rp3.jpg

sadi
September 6, 2006, 02:51 PM
hmmmmmmmm ;)

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
Good to know she is Shasto Boti....

looks like mashrafee will have plenty of healthy food in the table.

Mahir
September 6, 2006, 03:12 PM
haire Fazal bhai... ki aar boli. Paikari harey comments... khek!

anyways... poor Shumi! god knows how many curious (and hopefully, innocent) eyes will her picture attract now that its published online!

sadi
September 6, 2006, 03:15 PM

lol Fazalbhai. Healthy food? :D

sadi
September 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
Looks like its the wedding season. Nafis Iqbal just got married. He was engaged before. Maybe it will bring back some luck for him.

Nafis opens new innings
Staff Correspondent, Chittagong

National cricketer Nafis Iqbal began a new innings Tuesday night when he tied the knot with Taslima Makim Eva.

Opening batsman Nafis, nephew of former Bangladesh captain Akram Khan, and Eva, teacher of an English medium school, have been engaged since February 3, 2005. Chittagong City Corporation (CCC) Mayor ABM Mohiuddin Chowdhury, national coach Dav Whatmore, manager Shafiqul Haque Hira, chief selector Faruque Ahmad and hosts of fellow cricketers, sports organisers, journalists, friends and well wishers joined the wedding ceremony at the Ladies Club in the port city to wish the new couple a happy conjugal life. The couple, attired in gorgeous and lavish wedding dresses brought from abroad, also sought blessings from all to be able to go nicely through the new chapter. Eldest son of late Mohammad Iqbal Khan, a former footballer and coach, and Nusrat Iqbal, a women's sports organiser in the city, the 20-year old Nafis has so far played 11 Tests and 16 one-day internationals.

Duck
September 6, 2006, 04:40 PM
Good to know she is Shasto Boti....

fazal vai mashallah bolen .......

Arekta kotha: is it the idea of getting married came from the BD team physio? Coz, Mashree was suffering from back problem! What a remedy from the physio..........!:D

SMHasan
September 6, 2006, 08:30 PM
আমাদের মোরতাজা বিয়ের করে মরার বদলে (আগে যেমন দেখা গেছে বিদ্যুত, অপি, রোকনের ক্ষেত্রে) আরো তাজা হয়ে উঠবে এটাই প্রত্যাশা ।

Lots of Congrats to Mashrafi for starting the new Innings of life!
[বাংলা]তাজা না হলে সমস্যা নাই, গরু মোটা ও তাজাকরন পদ্ধতি দিয়ে ওকে তাজা করা যাবে। [/বাংলা]

babubangla
September 7, 2006, 01:23 AM

Bold Out ??
I would rather call it Doosra- the wrong one!!

babubangla
September 7, 2006, 01:39 AM
[বাংলা]“মিস্টি চেহারার কারনে সুমি মাশরাফি বিন মোর্তজাকে বোল্ড আউট করতে সক্ষম হয়েছে”
সুত্রঃ দৈনিক ইনকিলাব, ৭-সেপ্টেম্বর-২০০৬

ইনকিলাবের কাল্পনিক মন্তব্য করার অভ্যাস আর গেলো না।
তাও ভাগ্য ভালো যে লেখে নাইঃ “সুডৌল স্বাস্থ্য, উচ্চ বংশ ও পর্দানশীলতার কারনে সুমি......” :)
[/বাংলা]
Source: http://www.dailyinqilab.com/september7/

ZunIAD
September 7, 2006, 02:54 AM
Congrat to Mashrafe. I am sure this will do him good, for all i know it will keep him mentally stable. A man always need a woman in his life to feel good. You remember golla's wife went with to England and he ended up playing well and claimed it might be his wife accompany. Some bangladeshi players even said themseleves on the artilce as I can remember. Not to mention that Ricky Pointing became one of the best players in the world after he got married.

sunny747
September 7, 2006, 03:43 AM
She isn't that pretty actually.........very local looking......lucky girl though

PoorFan
September 7, 2006, 04:03 AM
She isn't that pretty actually.........very local looking......lucky girl though
<!--StartFragment -->Hmm ... Not a nice way to congrats a new couple, I know you didn't mean it that way... but looks little weird.:o

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 04:14 AM

mate, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
it would be wrong to judge someone based on ONE picture.

Andy-Flower
September 7, 2006, 05:12 AM
;) Let me add the missing text:...if i wasn't broke i was going to give this guy 17000 Taka on his wedding day on the 7th for the 17runs and 27 wickets in five ODI's in November 2006 against us. Mashrafee, my man...mercy...

HA HA HA really funny ^^^ ;)...funny stuff @Hatebreed:D :p

SS
September 7, 2006, 08:27 AM
Mash is gone...really out. I am no one to analysze, but obviously his new wife WILL have a impact on his career. Looking at the pics, lets analyze(not intended to hurt any feelings, just personal opinion).
He looks like a guy with a simple expression(atleast in that pic), posing in front of the pic, knowing that he will be part of the team who will lead the country's pace attack. Heck lot of responsiblities on shoulder. No room for ego. He became more effective no doubt about it because may be for his fighting spirit. But he changed in times, where ego was showing up inside him, rather posing for the team picture he was posing for Advertisers. Nothing wrong with it, it's just dealing with the fame. In this materialistic, goal oriented society we need that to survive being more showy, aggresive, energatic, "over confident", but sometimes I think old ways old days were better where we were serious, simple, our idols' were Edison not Brad Pitt or the singer of american/indian idols.....so what we had no tommy hilfiger shirt, we still had a shirt made by local whole sellers. Nowadays, we have to go to Gulshan or diff country,not in New Market anymore. Hope Mash will realize how to deal with this materialistic notion of life, being the head of our pace attack for the time being.

Looking at the other pic, gives me an impression of a girl, who could also hold the important role of our pace spearhead. She looks confident but also has that gentle look of bengali girls that we all hope for as our life partner. But we never know, it is just a "picture". Looking at a picture don't tell anything about a person, though i myself analyszing it. I am doing it, because i love my team, i love my paceman. It's like those concern of the parents for the kid, always want to secure them and think about their safety, or concerns of a husband for wife, or family. We are concerned about the future of our pace lead.

Will she be the partner that can give him the support he will seek from a partner, the support that will let him take his heart to the field from her for just few moments of his professional career. I am not discouraging marriage, but the sacrifice and committment are one of the few most important things of that conugal life. Let's see as time will tell, the reality will answer. And we have no other options but to accept it.

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 09:39 AM
Crickey mate SS!!
Take it Easy !!!

Mash is getting married, not going to mars!!

Instead of congratulating him of his new life, you brought science, hollywood, music, philosophy, race, love, passion, parenthood, kids, materialism, capitalism, suburb, shopping centres, heart, feelings, sacrifice, career.... everything into it!!!!!!!!

Ganja ta kotha theke kinsen bhai? khub bhalo maal mone hosse.

What do u want him to do? shara jibon **** dhoira boisha thakbe?
polar boyosh hoyse na?

Zobair
September 7, 2006, 10:06 AM
Ahh the vagaries of fame! fans want to pick and choose when, where, how and whom do their stars choose as life partners! Apart from speculative discussions on message boards has there been any serious study into the impact of marriage on sport performance? I am yet to come across any. The young birds look a good couple. In any case, may Allah bless their union and multiply the joy and happiness in their lives.

Fazal
September 7, 2006, 10:27 AM
Apart from speculative discussions on message boards has there been any serious study into the impact of marriage on sport performance?

Hmmm.... this how Sechsundsechzig (a German card game) defines a marraige:

Game, Player and Marriage
---------------------------------
A marriage (the matched King and Queen of any suit) may be melded at any time by leading one of the two to a trick; the other of the pair must be shown simultaneously. This scores 20 points (for a plain marriage) or 40 points (for a royal marriage, i.e., a marriage in trumps). However, while a marriage can be melded at any time, the score does not count until the melder has taken a trick. So for example, a player may meld a royal marriage for 40 potential points on the opening lead, but if she doesn't take a trick by the end of the hand her score is zero.

Once the stock is closed or has been exhausted, no marriages may be melded.

AsifTheManRahman
September 7, 2006, 10:31 AM
Apart from speculative discussions on message boards has there been any serious study into the impact of marriage on sport performance?

<a href="http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/131206.html">Don't marry a cricketer</a>

Ahmed_B
September 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
Recognize these two faces ? (TV Photo)

http://img134.imagevenue.com/loc405/th_32629_Mashree_122_405lo.jpg (http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=32629_Mashree_122_405lo.jpg)

bapzmania
September 8, 2006, 11:45 AM
MASH er BOU looks older than MASH........

chinaman
September 8, 2006, 12:26 PM
MASH er BOU looks older than MASH........
One sure way to poke dirty noses at others. Please take a closer look at yourself, your family and loved ones before making such comments. Thanks.

kalpurush
September 8, 2006, 06:02 PM
HA HA HA really funny ^^^ ;)...funny stuff @Hatebreed:D :p

Andy-Flower, My man, pls. take it easy! It was just ment to be pure fun @friendship, not hatebreed for sure. Here, in Winnipeg, Canada, I have two Zimbabwean friends. They are two of the best among my friends. Zimbabwe is our #1 opponent in the game of cricket. Therefore, while talking cricket, friendship comes second!;)
My team comes first regardless of their performance. Nothing personal here:D :lol:

bapzmania
September 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
One sure way to poke dirty noses at others. Please take a closer look at yourself, your family and loved ones before making such comments. Thanks.

I don't have any intention to hurt people. I have just said what I feel if it hurts you then I am sorry. I thought I am the only one who makes this sort of comment ...what about this one in another thread

mash's bride looks kinda old

But again im sorry for making that sort of comment....

Flip Master Mick
September 9, 2006, 05:00 AM
love and best wishes for mashrafee and shumi...

Yameen
September 9, 2006, 06:10 AM
[....edited...]
...n i hope the marriage goes well inshallah...

Tokyobreeze
September 9, 2006, 10:16 AM
Mash is getting married, not going to mars!!

Instead of congratulating him of his new life, you brought science, hollywood, music, philosophy, race, love, passion, parenthood, kids, materialism, capitalism, suburb, shopping centres, heart, feelings, sacrifice, career.... everything into it!!!!!!!!

Ganja ta kotha theke kinsen bhai? khub bhalo maal mone hosse.

What do u want him to do? shara jibon **** dhoira boisha thakbe?
polar boyosh hoyse na?

;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:up::up::up::up::up: