Konka33
September 5, 2006, 08:51 AM
http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=191

The man speaks finally!

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2006, 09:21 AM
What i get is:
1. We don't worry about the WC.
2. The players play stupid shots and this is in their head. No amount of batting coach can correct this unless they themselves change their approach of their batting. The coach is pissed that the players want to sit under the air-condition rather than bat. (rightly so!!)
3. The young boys (farhad and sakib) will get a chance for the upcoming champions trophy tournament.
4. Ash may continue to open depending on the selection. If Rajin is there then he will open.

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 09:45 AM
What i get is:
1. We don't worry about the WC.
2. The players play stupid shots and this is in their head. No amount of batting coach can correct this unless they themselves change their approach of their batting. The coach is pissed that the players want to sit under the air-condition rather than bat. (rightly so!!)
3. The young boys (farhad and sakib) will get a chance for the upcoming champions trophy tournament.
4. Ash may continue to open depending on the selection. If Rajin is there then he will open.

May I add up the following?!
5. Bashar have a good chance to play in CT
6. Dev has faith that we could be in the final round of the CT
7. He wants to stay longer with BD if BCB wants
8. BCB has to take the responsibility to send some of our players to Pabna for their(players) mental development!:D

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
May I add up the following?!
5. Bashar have a good chance to play in CT
6. Dev has faith that we could be in the final round of the CT
7. He wants to stay longer with BD if BCB wants
8. BCB has to take the responsibility to send some of our players to Pabna for their(players) mental development!:D

if i may comment on your comments:

on 6. Every coach would say that. Nobody will tell you that OH NO! we dont hv any chance. it was quite diplomatic and rightly so. ( im also hoping we would make it as well)

7. Whether he wants or not, he puts the ball on BCB's court. Expected answer from a very professional persone who has seen it all.

8. I am ready to chip in my 1 dollar and start that "Pabna Fund", as of right now.

pagol-chagol
September 5, 2006, 10:17 AM
Reading between the lines: 9. He loves the new kids. He think that they are the future and they are real cricketers unlike the old gang. If he thinks Mehrab Jr. is like Sakib and Reza then DW might bring him in sooner than most of us think. 10. Our batsmen got good technique!!! and we don't need batting coach as much as most novice fans think.

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:39 AM
if i may comment on your comments:

8. I am ready to chip in my 1 dollar and start that "Pabna Fund", as of right now.

Could you please open an account where we could chip in our dollar too? Make sure though fans can only donate in US, AUS, CDN dollars only. No Zimbabwyan dollars would be accepted!:D

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 10:45 AM
What i get is:

Are you sure by multi-talented young boys he meant farhad and sakib and not Gullu, Alok, Asharaful and Rajin?

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
Are you sure by multi-talented young boys he meant farhad and sakib and not Gullu, Alok, Asharaful and Rajin?
Kinda Sorta (51%) sure.

Rabz
September 5, 2006, 11:13 AM
Could you please open an account where we could chip in our dollar too? Make sure though fans can only donate in US, AUS, CDN dollars only. No Zimbabwyan dollars would be accepted!:D

Account No: 069-007
Bank: BCBC
(Bangla Cricket Banking Corporation)

Pls make the donations faster and help us help the Bangladeshi Team.

Note: The following are also accpeted:

British Pound
Euro
Kuwati Dinar
UAE Dirham
Saudi Rial
Oil barrels (preferred)
Govt Bond
Gold Bar (preferred)

Not accepted:

Zimbabwean Dollar (sorry mate Andy)
Argentine Peso
Indian Rupee
Paki Rupee

Duck
September 5, 2006, 11:27 AM
On Bangladesh’s prospects of winning at least two matches :..........
"I think we have a good chance of winning two out of three...."
..hard to see any chance of wining even atleast one game. Yes, I am pessimestic about the chance of win even against the Zimbos after what we have done just before. If DAV continues to go along the same same way he walked in Zim tour, we have no chance at all!

Dav is still dealing with the weaknesses of our BD team, and cant even solve many of those black patches: :E
(1) opening pair
(2) so-called multi-tasking guns/allrounders
(3) solid batting order even after all these years
(4) bowling at the very end of the innings
(5) advantages of powerplay
(6) and strategy for Plan-B if Plan-A doesnot work at all: cant see any change of tactics in the middle of a match whether they are fielding or batting (Bashar should also be blamed for this).
(7) cant even see there is any sorts of plan against the opponent team. (I will consider this one as the minor crime though) since he is pretty busy with the black holes in his own teams....lot to say abt the batting techniques and implementation in real game.......

How come he is so optimistic !:confused:

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 12:59 PM
On Bangladesh’s prospects of winning at least two matches :..........
"I think we have a good chance of winning two out of three...."
..hard to see any chance of wining even atleast one game. Yes, I am pessimestic about the chance of win even against the Zimbos after what we have done just before. If DAV continues to go along the same same way he walked in Zim tour, we have no chance at all!

Dav is still dealing with the weaknesses of our BD team, and cant even solve many of those black patches: :E
(1) opening pair
(2) so-called multi-tasking guns/allrounders
(3) solid batting order even after all these years
(4) bowling at the very end of the innings
(5) advantages of powerplay
(6) and strategy for Plan-B if Plan-A doesnot work at all: cant see any change of tactics in the middle of a match whether they are fielding or batting (Bashar should also be blamed for this).
(7) cant even see there is any sorts of plan against the opponent team. (I will consider this one as the minor crime though) since he is pretty busy with the black holes in his own teams....lot to say abt the batting techniques and implementation in real game.......

How come he is so optimistic !:confused:

because he is a coach and have a young team with potential to convert all the weaknesses to skills and assets. The future is ours and possibilities are endless...:D

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 01:11 PM

British Pound
Euro
Kuwati Dinar
UAE Dirham
Saudi Rial
Oil barrels (preferred)
Govt Bond
Gold Bar (preferred)

Not accepted:

Argentine Peso
Indian Rupee
Paki Rupee

How about Japanesse Yen? Clear instructions might be helpful to our friends from Japan!:lol:

Duck
September 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
because he is a coach and have a young team with potential to convert all the weaknesses to skills and assets. The future is ours and possibilities are endless...:D

...and chances of being the losers are endless too..............:mad: :mad:

He might be good at diplomacy but awefully bad at reading the mindset of our BD players! I will grade him "F" for his job in this regard.

I rate his overall performace as a coach for BD "B" for BD standard (not the real standard). And offcourse he is one of the very best in the cricket world as a coach. But he is way behind as the mind reader of his BD students and getting the solution.

SMHasan
September 5, 2006, 02:09 PM

British Pound
Euro
Kuwati Dinar
UAE Dirham
Saudi Rial
Oil barrels (preferred)
Govt Bond
Gold Bar (preferred)

Not accepted:

Argentine Peso
Indian Rupee
Paki Rupee

Waht about Our deshi 'kalo taka' ?

roi
September 5, 2006, 04:52 PM
How about Japanesse Yen? Clear instructions might be helpful to our friends from Japan!:lol:

Yes...you are right!
Yen should be included to the list....atleast it is the second largest economy in the world!
Cheers:lol:

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 05:25 PM
The Bangladesh coach also made it clear that the World Cup in the Caribbean was not a priority. "To me the World Cup is immaterial. Personally, I don’t think we should even bother about that." Dav -- NewGaeBD

Hmmmm.... interesting comment...

al Furqaan
September 5, 2006, 06:40 PM
The Bangladesh coach also made it clear that the World Cup in the Caribbean was not a priority. "To me the World Cup is immaterial. Personally, I don’t think we should even bother about that." Dav -- NewGaeBD

i sure hope he means winning the world cup. definitely no chance there. u can forget about it.

but as far as other goals...we are very much there. i say we should aim to reach the super 8 stage. beating either india or SL will be a good start. it will be tough as nails, but we have to stop the wuss mentality.

kalpurush
September 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
i sure hope he means winning the world cup. definitely no chance there. u can forget about it.

but as far as other goals...we are very much there. i say we should aim to reach the super 8 stage. beating either india or SL will be a good start. it will be tough as nails, but we have to stop the wuss mentality.

:up:
If we could qualify in round 2 of TC, we might be able to beat India who knows!:)

Tokyobreeze
September 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Come on man...Japanese Yen should be in the list too.Japan is the second largest economy in the world...Sad they don't play Cricket though!

British Pound
Euro
Kuwati Dinar
UAE Dirham
Saudi Rial
Oil barrels (preferred)
Govt Bond
Gold Bar (preferred)

Not accepted:

Argentine Peso
Indian Rupee
Paki Rupee

PoorFan
September 6, 2006, 01:07 AM
We are going to work extremely hard and will leave no stones unturned to achieve the desired result in the Champions Trophy.

How hard is 'extreme hard'? which stone we call 'stone'?
Looks like there is no way we can lose this time, but trust on Dav's 'crystal ball'.

mshakir56
September 6, 2006, 01:31 AM
Dav seems like he is really confident with the team now! Which is a good thing, lets see if he is right though. We can check his words after the champions Trophy.

Duck
September 6, 2006, 10:29 AM
Dav seems like he is really confident with the team now! Which is a good thing, lets see if he is right though. We can check his words after the champions Trophy.

He is always confident!........check his words just before different series..........

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 11:01 AM
Come on man...Japanese Yen should be in the list too.Japan is the second largest economy in the world...Sad they don't play Cricket though!

Sorry bro, Tokyobreeze, missed out on Yen.
Yen has been included in the list as well. I bet u guys r riding on the new arrival of the future heir to the throne, read in newspaper that its gonna inject some 1.5Billion Dollar into the economy and gonna raise the birth rate in the country!!

To me personally, Japan is in the "future" of this world.
If im being ever contacted by any alien and asked about where they should land in this planet Earth, Id say go to Japan. They are way to ahead than rest of us.

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 11:51 AM
They are way to ahead than rest of us.

Yes they are. Here is one example. (http://www.richard-seaman.com/Travel/Japan/Misc/Signs/Funny/UnattendedChildrenWillBeSoldAsSlaves.jpg) ( A poster from a garment store)

Stumped
September 6, 2006, 06:16 PM

Would u rather him say i don't think we will quite make it because we are not proforming at our best despite many efforts?! hmmm then i guess everyone would say he has no faith get rid of him he can't do any more! ha ha

and the comment regarding the world cup "To me the World Cup is immaterial. Personally, I don’t think we should even bother about that." im pretty sure he ment that this is not the 'be all of the ending' to the world cup trophy... there will be more... first build a strong team then go for it in the mean time get in all the experience u can till u can win!

The world cup is gonna be a crazy one with contracts ending injuries and the whole fever of the tournament... i hope its a good one to watch!

MarufH
September 7, 2006, 05:47 PM
Everyone could hate me for what I'm saying but I think Dav has done so much for us... but say good bye after... after WC 07.

Flip Master Mick
September 9, 2006, 05:16 AM
Dav has no communication with dimwits like ashrafoul and aftab... not only do they not understand english but an aussie accent over that... r u ****ing kiddin' me? i say we hire bulbul so atleast the players know what he is talking about. baat shoja raakh gadhar dol. cross bat khelis naa []. test cricket-e kharap ball chara khelar dor kar nai []la let alone flashing at everything outside off. that's the kind of language our players need to hear. i don't think dav could even say them in english.

pagol-chagol
September 9, 2006, 01:32 PM
Reading between the lines: 9. He loves the new kids. He think that they are the future and they are real cricketers unlike the old gang. If he thinks Mehrab Jr. is like Sakib and Reza then DW might bring him in sooner than most of us think.

Yessss! Mehrab Jr. made the team. Reading between the lines always works.

kalpurush
September 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
Dav has no communication with dimwits like ashrafoul and aftab... not only do they not understand english but an aussie accent over that... r u ****ing kiddin' me? i say we hire bulbul so atleast the players know what he is talking about. baat shoja raakh gadhar dol. cross bat khelis naa []. test cricket-e kharap ball chara khelar dor kar nai [] let alone flashing at everything outside off. that's the kind of language our players need to hear. i don't think dav could even say them in english.

Bulbul...our coach!?:wow: Sattledown my friend. Still Dev has lots to offer for our cricket. Just let him do his job.:D

SMHasan
September 9, 2006, 08:50 PM
Dav has no communication with dimwits like ashrafoul and aftab... not only do they not understand english but an aussie accent over that... r u ****ing kiddin' me? i say we hire bulbul so atleast the players know what he is talking about. baat shoja raakh gadhar dol. cross bat khelis naa []. test cricket-e kharap ball chara khelar dor kar nai []let alone flashing at everything outside off. that's the kind of language our players need to hear. i don't think dav could even say them in english.

Mind your language. This is a public discussion, you should be careful about what you are writing. Thanks.

Stumped
September 11, 2006, 12:44 AM
Dav has no communication with dimwits like ashrafoul and aftab... not only do they not understand english but an aussie accent over that... r u ****ing kiddin' me? i say we hire bulbul so atleast the players know what he is talking about. baat shoja raakh gadhar dol. cross bat khelis naa []. test cricket-e kharap ball chara khelar dor kar nai []la let alone flashing at everything outside off. that's the kind of language our players need to hear. i don't think dav could even say them in english.

I would have to say that is the stupidist comment I have read on this site to date! DO NOT pressume what communications do or do not go on within the team as you DO NOT know what his coaching style is. Do you not stop to think that he has picked up a some of the language as he makes an effort to talk to them all. May i remind you that in Sri-Lanka he never had a problem with his accent or his, what seems to be a problem to you, english language. I tell you what meet me one day and tell me if my english language needs to be improved. Let's see if u respond to the kind of language you think Dav needs to use to the Bangladesh team. Go get a life and good luck in your future if thats how you think people need to be spoken to, to improve!

Stumped
September 11, 2006, 10:50 PM
Did not think you would respond to my kind words from the english language!

Orion
September 11, 2006, 11:00 PM
damn.......its war people!

BagherBacha
September 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
flip master went hiding

Fazal
September 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
Khaise ... Flip Master Mick is stumped by Coacher Maiya.

Rabz
September 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
Flip Master Mick, because u made some rude comments in the thread and got belted, im charging you UAE Dirham 1245.69.

U can transfer the money to our nominated "Pabna Fund" and redeem urself.

Rabz
September 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
Khaise ... Flip Master Mick is stumped by Coacher Maiya.

Fazal bhai, oi "tin tukra lathi" is amader coach er maiya?
besh kisudin age ashchilo amader ei BC te, kintu naam ta bhuila gesilam.

akabir77
September 12, 2006, 11:31 AM
I was wondering whether mr flip was talking ash and aftab's poor english not dav's? I think he was talking about those two who can't understand him(Dav) and play like a fool.. well then again my english is not that good, so may be I am wrong too..

Stumped
September 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
It seems to me he just opened his mouth without thinking and maybe realised he has no leg to stand on!

Sydney.. I like your thinking ha ha

Orion... opps i think i inherited my mums temper, but lucky i calm down fast and get over things which is inherited from my father!

Orpheus
September 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
Dave whatmore is calm? really? He looks like a monster to me. The one that turns red when agitated.

Stumped
September 12, 2006, 06:25 PM
Dave whatmore is calm? really? He looks like a monster to me. The one that turns red when agitated.

Ha ha... u would not believe how many friends would not come over to my house if he was home! I have not been a little angel in my growing up years and well yeah he is calm. He talks through every angle and he is the type of man u want to do well for cos the look when u do well is worth everything and the best thing is he lets u be u... But if he raises his voice run and hide cos its not all that rare... the silent treatment is the worst!

SMHasan
September 12, 2006, 08:21 PM

Faltumukh faltu kotha kom bolbi. Chup kor.

Orpheus
September 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
Faltumukh faltu kotha kom bolbi. Chup kor.

Ok bhai sorry, maaf koira den! aar korbo na.

SMHasan
September 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
Ok bhai sorry, maaf koira den! aar korbo na.

jao abarer moto khoma kore dilam. Ar korle kintu khobor ache.

Stumped
September 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
care to translate?

PoorFan
September 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
care to translate?
<!--StartFragment -->Well, you just 'stumped' him so bad that Mr. Flip may felt too shy to appear again. What he meant was ... those pathetic talented should be 'dictate' by some rude and slang local language, which 'polite' <!--StartFragment -->( silent, ignorance ) Dav has no idea how to put it in English.

RazabQ
September 13, 2006, 05:21 AM
Whatever issues Dav has with the team, I doubt it's because of a communication problem. If stumped is right and Dav does have a mean streak - it might be time to unleash that. We already have the good cop in Habitual Bashar aka Min min miya :)