PDA

View Full Version : Tigers need to wear new colors

kalpurush
September 6, 2006, 12:34 AM
Bangladesh is one of the top 10 Test Cricket playing country in the world and look what we are wearing! Our jersey color combination is worst among the 10 as we might all agree. I think it is time to wear a new color which is decent and will represent our country as well. It would be relevant that after three decades Aussies are going to change their color for ODI to boost up the fans with the magic of colors.
http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic546.jpg
Couldn't Aftab look more bright if he would wear a decent color uniform?!

Friends, what do you think? Any ideas or suggestions about our new colors?

nasifkhan
September 6, 2006, 12:36 AM
bhai.....green and red er bair chara onno color BCB use korbe na.....so bole labh nai....
but i like jersey of NewZealand & scotland.....dekte bhalo lagay.....

kalpurush
September 6, 2006, 12:47 AM
bhai.....green and red er bair chara onno color BCB use korbe na.....so bole labh nai....
but i like jersey of NewZealand & scotland.....dekte bhalo lagay.....

:up:
NewZealand er jersey bhari sundor. Dekte besh bhalo lagay amaro! I think we really need to change ours.

PoorFan
September 6, 2006, 12:51 AM
I like BD's training ware color ( that black & yellow one ), which looks more like a tiger color.

sunniath
September 6, 2006, 12:53 AM
aussies have changed their jersey color from yellow to green.so may be staying with green wont be a bad idea at all.teams which will get creamed by the aussies will be suffering from "green anxiety" and that may give us chances to win more matches.

PoorFan
September 6, 2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, lets paint our face, hand and shoes in green for 'maximum'.

mshakir56
September 6, 2006, 01:37 AM
We can surely use some new ODI kits. Thats for sure. We look like some third world country with our uniforms, which is exactly what we are.

Thunder
September 6, 2006, 02:06 AM
Color is not a problem here. As we are known as bengal tigers, we must have some common colors in our jersy as Red, Green, Yellow and Black. Its the design that matters. We need some world class fashion designers to design our jersy... not from any bosta pocha dorji who made those disgusting designs :eek:

labib
September 6, 2006, 04:04 AM
ya brother,our current jersy too much bad(ekdom faltu),BCB must need to change the jersy,our previous jersy was too much beautiful.i like that too much.BCB must replace it.

thebest
September 6, 2006, 04:41 AM
Because some Gadha are wearing that joursy and some other Gadha like us supporting those Gadhas, how about Gadha color. So we could publicly declare ourselve Gadha wearing the jersy.
I do not care whether they wear state of the art Jersy like the Aussi or Nanga. I just won them to win. I am tired of lossing and waiting for another five years

PoorFan
September 6, 2006, 05:11 AM
Because some Gadha are wearing that joursy and some other Gadha like us supporting those Gadhas, how about Gadha color. So we could publicly declare ourselve Gadha wearing the jersy.
I do not care whether they wear state of the art Jersy like the Aussi or Nanga. I just won them to win. I am tired of lossing and waiting for another five years
<!--StartFragment -->You mean 'Ash' color right? no objection from me, since we have couple of 'Ash' in our team and it's totally logical.:lol:

sunny747
September 6, 2006, 05:19 AM
The color of our flag is dark green. So obviously the odi kit would be green. Green And red, what else color do we have? These two colors are our national symbol. And the yellow is probably the sponsors color. Ya , i agree the design has to be changed. That yellow collar makes them looks like a circus clown.

Sovik
September 6, 2006, 06:47 AM
bagher chamra poira khelle kamon hoi?

carnthejackles
September 6, 2006, 07:55 AM
Bangladesh are hopeless

MarufH
September 6, 2006, 09:02 AM
I think the jersey came from our flag. However, I'm not sure where the yellow part came from?! is it from Australia...? since we tend to copy them so much ;)

Tigers_eye
September 6, 2006, 09:11 AM
Welcome Labib. Enjoy your stay.

Totally agree with Thunder. The color doesn't matter. It is the design. ektu jiljilla hoiley to kono kharap kisu hobey na. look at the football jersey of european clubs. one word, inspiration.

Mr-Cricket
September 6, 2006, 09:32 AM
Could someone please explain what was wrong with our last one?

I mean why did we go from this, to THAT? Ridiculous if you ask me.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/51000/51038.jpg

Bottom Line: AJ > IHSAN

Duck
September 6, 2006, 09:49 AM
bagher chamra poira khelle kamon hoi?

Verar gaie Bagher chamra dia apni, ami BD team ke bagh bagh boltey pari...........but manush to hashbo!

We are paper tigers, no doubt. Jotoi chun kali ar rong makhan, we are made of papers, not real. Kheltey na parley color dhhuia pani khaia lav nairey vai. :(

kalpurush
September 6, 2006, 10:16 AM

The old one is much better than the new one for sure. Why BCB changed it then? My guess is to make some "extra" money by doing so.
Now, here is an opportunity again for them if they change the current one. They can go for a new design and color or go back to the old one.

kalpurush
September 6, 2006, 10:25 AM
Verar gaie Bagher chamra dia apni, ami BD team ke bagh bagh boltey pari...........but manush to hashbo!

We are paper tigers, no doubt. Jotoi chun kali ar rong makhan, we are made of papers, not real. Kheltey na parley color dhhuia pani khaia lav nairey vai. :(

Bhai...appearance er ekta beper ache na!? If you look good then you will feel good too. And if you feel good....you know the rest, don't you?!!;)

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 11:16 AM

Nothing wrong with it mate. Infact, it looks really great. Probably one of the best jerseys we got. Even the WC99 was good. but the current one is hopeless.

Oh, someone was asking why the yellow is there?

http://www.amdisa.org/bd-1971.gif
This is why. Our first national flag back in 1971 had a yellow Bangladesh map in the middle of the red circle. I guess thats why. Not sure why they were removed later on. Must be political decision.

Sunniath--> mate, Aussies didnt change it from yellow to green, its green and "gold". they used to hv more "gold" on thier jersey, but now back to green in tradition with the baggygreen cap.

BlazinMaruf and Sunny747--> the yellow came from our old national flag, i assume.

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 11:23 AM
I think the jersey came from our flag. However, I'm not sure where the yellow part came from?! is it from Australia...? since we tend to copy them so much ;)

From Shonar Bangla. This Yellow is close to Golden color. If they used Golden, it would cost more money. Therefore Yellow is the compromized and Cost friendly color choosen by BCB.

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
From Shonar Bangla.

Shonar Bangla??
Which Shona you mean bro?:-/ :-/
damn, i've got corrupted mind.

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 11:35 AM
<!--StartFragment -->You mean 'Ash' color right? no objection from me, since we have couple of 'Ash' in our team and it's totally logical.:lol:

Are you guys talking about this Jersey? But its not Gadha... its Bachur

http://www.jersey.ch/media/Zugeropen05%20079.jpg

Tigers_eye
September 6, 2006, 11:48 AM
Sydney -> The yellow came from the tiger. Not from the flag. No politicking here.

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 12:14 PM
Sydney -> The yellow came from the tiger. Not from the flag. No politicking here.

Are you sure royal bengal tiger is yellow? or Royal Bengal Tiger's Hagu (which can be yellow)?

Bancan
September 6, 2006, 03:24 PM
the old one is really good. the new one is ugly.

Mahir
September 6, 2006, 03:43 PM

The yellow (or gold) that featured in our jersey in the 99 World Cup, is definitely the colour of the tiger. But from what I have known all along about our two latest jersey designs is that the yellow is derived from both the yellow map in our original flag AND the colour of the tiger. In any case, the design of our current jersey itself is simply not eye-catching. Bangladesh team's jersey could have made the use of some glorious themes present in our country's traditional colours and symbols.

Hatebreed
September 6, 2006, 05:40 PM
The old jersey was great, was it made by AJ sports? coz the new one has a different logo (Ihsan) so I'm guessing they designed it? Well it sucks and they must change it back.

Thunder
September 6, 2006, 06:15 PM
Are you sure royal bengal tiger is yellow? or Royal Bengal Tiger's Hagu (which can be yellow)?

By any chance did you step on Royal Bengal Tiger's Hagu?? this is really fascinating as we can see the topic comes from Our national team's jersy and goes to Royal Bengal Tiger's Hagu!!! :D whats next..?

Mr-Cricket
September 6, 2006, 07:21 PM
In any case, the design of our current jersey itself is simply not eye-catching. Bangladesh team's jersey could have made the use of some glorious themes present in our country's traditional colours and symbols.
No, it's eye catching all right.

It just doesn't look any good! ;)

Tokyobreeze
September 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
Bhai...appearance er ekta beper ache na!? If you look good then you will feel good too. And if you feel good....you know the rest, don't you?!!;)

Partly true..But, in ground looking good won't help much.Like Tikolo..not much of look, but plays great.Our Players gotta learn to spend more time doing practice than shampooing their hair.

zia
September 7, 2006, 12:45 AM
Nothing wrong with it mate. Infact, it looks really great. Probably one of the best jerseys we got. Even the WC99 was good. but the current one is hopeless.

Oh, someone was asking why the yellow is there?

http://www.amdisa.org/bd-1971.gif
This is why. Our first national flag back in 1971 had a yellow Bangladesh map in the middle of the red circle. I guess thats why. Not sure why they were removed later on. Must be political decision.

Sunniath--> mate, Aussies didnt change it from yellow to green, its green and "gold". they used to hv more "gold" on thier jersey, but now back to green in tradition with the baggygreen cap.

BlazinMaruf and Sunny747--> the yellow came from our old national flag, i assume.

The map was removed as it was difficult to draw it accurately. I have seen maps taking a part of Burma and India too! It was not a political decision. The color is not yellow, it's golden, representing the GOLDEN BENGAL.

zia
September 7, 2006, 12:49 AM
I think the color should stay but needs to be redesigned by a good fashion designer.

ZunIAD
September 7, 2006, 02:58 AM
Gotta say the uniform really sucks and i hate the look of it. The yellow is very unattractive and yes we do need to change our jersey or go back to our old one that we weared on england.

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 03:07 AM
The map was removed as it was difficult to draw it accurately. I have seen maps taking a part of Burma and India too! It was not a political decision. The color is not yellow, it's golden, representing the GOLDEN BENGAL.

thnx for the information mate.

PoorFan
September 7, 2006, 04:11 AM
Are you guys talking about this Jersey? But its not Gadha... its Bachur

http://www.jersey.ch/media/Zugeropen05%20079.jpg
<!--StartFragment -->Cant believe you couldn't do any better than this!? lack of usual effort perhaps ... very disappointing.:o

Cricket Crazy
September 7, 2006, 05:00 AM
yeah. i think we need to change our kit. add some new style and vright colours to look professional. dnt u think?

Runtings
September 7, 2006, 08:43 AM
I recently got one of the new ODI shirts and it is better in real life than on the picture. However, i do not like the yellow on it and much prefer the last AJ Sports design much better.

Does anyone know the Ihsan Sports website or their email address so we can all protest to get the kit changed do not become a laughing stock in the high profile Champions Trophy coming up.

Fazal
September 7, 2006, 08:59 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Cant believe you couldn't do any better than this!? lack of usual effort perhaps ... very disappointing.:o

Why you didn't liked it? Sorry to hear that.... next time I will give a better effort. I guess the maya maya chehara of that Bachur kind of distracted me .... I was trying to draw an imaginary link betwwen that Maya Maya Chokh of that bachur and our Ash's eyes.... And that hand feeding the bachur represents our coach Dav... still hand feeding our national players. And about that jersy. Well its simple uses only two colors and cost effective. Plus if Coach, Dav, need to wear the same Jersey (like other sports) he may not need to take-off his clothes when he feel the heat... as there should be plenty of room for ventilation.

But looks like all my efforts were useless.... it didn't stick in the wall.... atleast I tried.:(

kalpurush
September 8, 2006, 02:16 AM
Why you didn't liked it? Sorry to hear that.... next time I will give a better effort. I guess the maya maya chehara of that Bachur kind of distracted me .... I was trying to draw an imaginary link betwwen that Maya Maya Chokh of that bachur and our Ash's eyes.... And that hand feeding the bachur represents our coach Dav... still hand feeding our national players. And about that jersy. Well its simple uses only two colors and cost effective. Plus if Coach, Dav, need to wear the same Jersey (like other sports) he may not need to take-off his clothes when he feel the heat... as there should be plenty of room for ventilation.

But looks like all my efforts were useless.... it didn't stick in the wall.... atleast I tried.:(

Fazal bhai: I liked it! In fact I have become a fan of your innovating and interesting work!! You got a creative brain for sure. And very humourous too!!!:D

PoorFan
September 8, 2006, 04:51 AM

<!--StartFragment -->Ok now I got it, please don't take it serious, just tried to have some fun.:up:

SMHasan
September 8, 2006, 10:32 AM
I recently got one of the new ODI shirts and it is better in real life than on the picture. However, i do not like the yellow on it and much prefer the last AJ Sports design much better.

Does anyone know the Ihsan Sports website or their email address so we can all protest to get the kit changed do not become a laughing stock in the high profile Champions Trophy coming up.

Welcome back Anamul bhai. Came here after a long time.

Flip Master Mick
September 9, 2006, 05:18 AM
why don't we just stick to green like the new aussie jersey... maybe some red on our pants and our collars could be white to brighten up all those tanned faces... ha ha!

kalpurush
September 9, 2006, 02:20 PM
why don't we just stick to green like the new aussie jersey... maybe some red on our pants and our collars could be white to brighten up all those tanned faces... ha ha!

It seems would be a good one depending how the design is. :lol: