PDA

View Full Version : SN: The only one

Rubu
September 6, 2006, 07:37 AM
Shahriar Nafis represents Bangladesh in the ICC annual cricket award preliminary nominations.

Read It here (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/258779.html?CMP=OTC-RSS)

We never got selected for any other catagory beside emarging player of the year. We had two last year (Aftab and Rana) but this year its only SN.

He is gonna have to compete hard, but I think he has a better chance of winning it for Bangladesh than last year.

Spitfire_x86
September 6, 2006, 08:15 AM
He has no chance of winning. Either Asif or Cook will get the award.

Rubu
September 6, 2006, 08:16 AM
What I meant to say is, his chance of winning it is more than aftab winning it last year.

Did you guys also noticed the best umpires?

battye
September 6, 2006, 08:25 AM
I think Brendan Taylor (Zim) was very unlucky not to get nominated for something.

2006 summary:

Mat I NO Runs HS1 HS2 HS3 Ave 100 50 0
14 14 3 494 98 79* 55 44.90 0 3 1

He's had hardly any matches against top quality opposition (except WI and Ban to some extent) yet he's made the most of his chances.

98 against Bermuda or Canada (don't remember), that 79* against Ban, including the last ball 6...

If those nominating had any imagination, he would be up for One Day player of the year... obviously cannot get it, but deserved a nomination.

MarufH
September 6, 2006, 08:44 AM
Emerging Player of the Year
Panesar, Alastair Cook, Denesh Ramdin, Malinga Bandara, Mohammed Asif, Upul Tharanga, Ian Bell, Shahriar Nafees.
We should be proud of S. Nafees for being in such a great team! Look at player like Cook, Asif, Bell... they are the legend of tomorrow!!!

kalpurush
September 6, 2006, 10:41 AM
It will motivate Nafees in a positive way unlike Aftab. Nafees is more mature than any young players in BD squad. Though it is very unfortunate for Rana. He is barely getting any chance to prove his performance consistancy. Very sad in deed.:(

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
We should be proud of S. Nafees for being in such a great team! Look at player like Cook, Asif, Bell... they are the legend of tomorrow!!!

mate, its too early to call them legends yet. yes, they r good, so is our Nafees.
Although his chance of getting the award is too slim, but by no means, he is any less good than those mentioned in that category.

Monty Panesar is just a hype of English media.Ian Bell is average.So is Cook, Ramdin, Bandara and Tharanga. Not that Nafees is any greater than the rest, but i guess he wont get it, simply cuz he is from BD.

Id put my money on Monty for that category, not that i like it, but im being realistic.

Mr-Cricket
September 6, 2006, 11:09 AM
Ian Bell's had a ripper year.

Wouldn't be too surprised if he took out this one.

Tests
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
10 819 119 51.18 4 3

ODI'S
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
13 506 88 46.00 0 3

Tokyobreeze
September 6, 2006, 11:12 AM
No matter either SN gets selected or not, its a good achievement to be nominated anyway.I just wish we had more young talents in the group.Hoping to see more young faces from BD next year.Like - Mehrab , Sakib , Farhad , Mushfiq.

Mr-Cricket
September 6, 2006, 11:19 AM
I wonder what the qualification for this 'Emerging' Player of the Year award is.

Bell for example made his debut back in 2004 as a 22 year old. He's currently 24.

Cook on the other hand made his debut about 7 months ago, in 2005/06. He's still only 21.

sadi
September 6, 2006, 11:29 AM
I guess its like the time when you become a regular on the side.

Mr-Cricket
September 6, 2006, 11:36 AM
I guess its like the time when you become a regular on the side.
Hmmm fair enough.

Wondering why Hussey isn't in the list then. I mean he may be 31, but he's only been a 'regular' member of the squad for around 12 months now. I mean he was nominated in almost every other category. Are they implying that he has no future in this game by not choosing him in this category then? :D

Fazal
September 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
I think Asif will be the winner. He is a game winner.

cricket_pagol
September 6, 2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with Fazal, Asif will be the winner because he is such an exciting match winner.

Sovik
September 6, 2006, 03:42 PM
mohammed asif will win this award.

baisab
September 6, 2006, 05:08 PM
Darrell Hair should have been in Umpire of the year category, surely he would have won it

SMHasan
September 6, 2006, 07:31 PM
Darrell Hair should have been in Umpire of the year category, surely he would have won it

Bhai apnar Avtar ke boro voi lage. Keno jani mone hoy bonduk nie ke jani bose ache!

Sovik
September 6, 2006, 07:36 PM
Bhai apnar Avtar ke boro voi lage. Keno jani mone hoy bonduk nie ke jani bose ache!

amar avatar to aro boro bonduk nia ase. jai hok. best of luck for nafees

Rabz
September 6, 2006, 07:59 PM
amar avatar to aro boro bonduk nia ase. jai hok. best of luck for nafees

kintu apnar bonduk to bhai Homer dhoira ase, tai jane morar bhoy nai.

Sovik
September 6, 2006, 08:11 PM
kintu apnar bonduk to bhai Homer dhoira ase, tai jane morar bhoy nai.

amar avatar somporke apnar avatar er valo dharona ase.

Rubu
September 6, 2006, 08:21 PM
ঐ পোলাপান এই সব কি শুরু করলি?

*রুবু সবগুলা পোলাপানরে ধইরা একটা কইরা থাবড়া দিল*

SMHasan
September 6, 2006, 08:33 PM

[বাংলা]আভতার সমাচার[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
September 7, 2006, 10:00 AM
Good to see SN in the list. From here on onwards his goal should be getting nominated each year.

Looking down the entire list just saw they didn't include Dhoni for anything. At least ODI player category would have been appropriate. He did reach #1 ranking in the time frame they were evaluating and won at least 6/8 ODI matches for India. August 1, 2005 to August 8, 2006. The respected panel did a booboo here.

Also having Pansear, pathan and Afridi was a joke.

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 10:06 AM

Bhaijan, thabor ta ektu aste deyon jay na?

sadi
September 7, 2006, 10:32 AM
Panesar is nominated for cricketer of the year. LOL. I guess all ICC read is british newspaper.

thebest
September 7, 2006, 10:39 AM
I was surprised why Vaughan got nominated for captaincy. Since Ashes did he play any test or one day? just because he is english, he got nomination. I think Inzy is hard done. In the last year he won a test in WI (the one pak lost he did not play), won series againest England, India and SL. He deserve nomination though my winner is Jaya.

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 10:43 AM
Vaughn might not hv played since the ashes, but his captaincy during the ashes was phenomenal. Leading the team to win that series is good enough to be nominated.
mind you, the series ended sometime during september last year. so he technically have the right to be nominated, and right so, imho.

Ahmed_B
September 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
Long List of Nominees - Individual Awards (each category to be reduced to a shortlist on 14 October).. and their performances in Champ Trophy will have good effect on the voting. Best of luck to SN for the Champ Trophy.

ICC News link: http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-news/content/story/258795.html

Miraz
September 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ahmed bhai, we already know the information and a thread is there to discuss (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17401&highlight=Shahriar)

Ahmed_B
September 21, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ahmed bhai, we already know the information and a thread is there to discuss (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17401&highlight=Shahriar)
Thanks.. merged.

billah
September 21, 2006, 01:23 PM
If India had not completely squeezed us out of all forms of international cricket, we would have had more talented nominees in this..

Tigers_eye
September 21, 2006, 04:07 PM
If India had not completely squeezed us out of all forms of international cricket, we would have had more talented nominees in this..
While you are at it lets add the following:
1. Ash-Aftabs out of form. (There is no such thing of in-form or out-of-form for these two. They just don't have the cricketing brain or the desire to have one.)
2. Rajin's slowness, thus not be able to solidify the openning position.
3. Rasel, Bashar, Mashrafe's injury.
4. BCBs lack lusture "uddog" on corporate league preparation.
5. BCBs TV deal.
6. Bangladesh's proverty.
7. Anything and everything.

Cause all we can do is shift the blame to others.

Tokyobreeze
September 22, 2006, 12:50 PM

প্লীজ থাবড়া দিয়েন না, আমি ভুই পাই ।