PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!.. The Golla Days are OVER!!

Ejaj
September 7, 2006, 04:30 AM
Hello guys.. To the greatest anticipation.. finally the Golla days are over. He had been dropped from the final 14 squad and I was soo glad to see this finally came true. I thought, I will even see hhim making those Khocha or squaring up facing a fast ball.. even i will be very very old. Thanks God!!..

Btw, its really great to see Mehrab finally breaking the barier. I would be really happy if he can make into the final 11 and be the opening partner for SN. ITs a wise decision from the selectors to give scope to these generation players and make a good enough team before the world cup. Boy. I am excited to see these three playing same time.

PoorFan
September 7, 2006, 04:37 AM
Ejaj calm down! where is the source and the final 14 list that has announced?

Ok I got it

source (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=192)

Ejaj
September 7, 2006, 04:42 AM
It is also published in BBC, Cricinfo and Sky. So.. I think, this is an authentic information.

PoorFan
September 7, 2006, 04:46 AM
We got best possible team for CT, good job management & selectors.:up:

bapzmania
September 7, 2006, 04:52 AM
Looks like Ashraful become VIP in Bangladesh cricket team. Good to see Gullu is out of the team. Hope this team will show some fight in the champion's trophy...............

Forhad Reza
Sakib Al Hasan
Mehrab Hossain (Jr.)

"WHERE IS MUSHFIQ".....

thebest
September 7, 2006, 06:23 AM
Yesssssssssssssssss:up: :fire: :fire:

sar2005
September 7, 2006, 06:40 AM
Now we should give this kids some opportunity to play as many game as possible before world cup.

By the way, one more wicket to fall...............to accomodate Mushfiq for long term...........you know what is meant ;)

Rubu
September 7, 2006, 07:18 AM
who are the other 3 dropped? I would like to see alok and tushar in there.

Rubu
September 7, 2006, 07:24 AM
OK so this is the 4 that got dropped

Tushar Imran
Alok Kapali
Javed Omar
Mushfiqur Rahim

Good, really good. I mean, mushy's days will come. he can work on his skill and get ready for a longer service, but the other three were long overdue. hopefully, none of them will come back in the team AGAIN.

SS
September 7, 2006, 07:31 AM
They will be BACK!!!

sensible
September 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

in Bangla Cricket.................

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally, BC members got what they wanted. Now we'll see how this team performs in CT.

sadi
September 7, 2006, 09:11 AM
What if our openers suck at CT and they bring him back for the world cup? Eto khusi hoyen na. He may come back to haunt us.

SS
September 7, 2006, 09:12 AM
Team is same what best they can perform. just add few more runs that Golla used to contribute ranging from 0 to 20.

Rabz
September 7, 2006, 09:20 AM
PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

in Bangla Cricket.................

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally, BC members got what they wanted. Now we'll see how this team performs in CT.

Ei din din na, aro din ase
Ei dinere nibo amra
shei dinero kase, o o o o o!!!

This is just the beginning, we will shine this time Inshallah. Gettin rid of the extra baggage.

SMHasan
September 7, 2006, 11:01 AM
Ei dinere nibo amra
shei dinero kase, o o o o o!!!

This is just the beginning, we will shine this time Inshallah. Gettin rid of the extra baggage.

We will kill them all!The future is bright!

al Furqaan
September 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
What if our openers suck at CT and they bring him back for the world cup? Eto khusi hoyen na. He may come back to haunt us.

that is precisely what our management needs to stop thinking because its wrong. if both openers get dismissed golden ducks...its still more than what JO can provide. tushar's fielding sucks. and kapali is nothing more than 23 runs from 28 balls which ash and aftab can do.

Yameen
September 7, 2006, 11:18 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol.. jus messin...

Fazal
September 7, 2006, 11:22 AM
The Golla Days are OVER!!

How? The Person Golla may be gone.... but I doubt our Golla Days are OVER yet. Just wait and see... there will be atleast couple of Gollas in our scorecard after every game.

Rubu
September 7, 2006, 12:41 PM
You mean like 100?

You have couple gollas there.

kalpurush
September 7, 2006, 01:06 PM
We got best possible team for CT, good job management & selectors.:up:

And BanglaCricket forum members! In fact, this squad was choosen by us. The selectors just visited our forum and did the easy job in black and white!!

kalpurush
September 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
It is the best team so far BD got. Now, it is upto the players to perform and bring some glory for our country. Good luck and all the best to our dream team!

Fazal
September 7, 2006, 01:57 PM
Gullu was part of the problem. But not all of the problems that we have. Just see what are the other problems we still have.

The declining perfomance of the following players:
1. Ashraful
2. Pilot
3. Rafique
4. Bashar
4. Rajin

Plus the inconsistent perfomance of the following:
1.Aftab
2. Mashrafe

Are all of those are just a temporary glitch or a symptom of a permanent problem?
So yes getting rid of Gullu is a positive sign. But the best BD team we ever had? I don't know yet.

FaridpurChicago
September 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
Now the next unfinished task is to remove Pilot so that we can avoid crashing our Plain/Plan in the middle of the sky. He took 19 balls to score his 1st run against Zim. I wish Mehrab gets a chance ahead of Rajin. We need to overcome either of WI and SL to qualify in CT.

TheWatcher
September 7, 2006, 04:10 PM
So, now Pilot and Rajin's names are coming out at the top of "Drop him" list ! Never happy, are we ? :lol:

Right now our team composition look like this-

Five surviving members from 2003WC squad (Pilot, Ash, Mash, Bash, and Rafique)
Four members from 2002-04 U/19 teams (Rasel, Aftab, SN, and Rajib)
Two members of the last U/19 team (Mehrab and Shakib)
Three domestic league products (Rajin, Razzak, and Reza)

In terms of youth and experience, this is a quite a ballanced team. I don't think the selectors will disturb this ballance by replacing Mashud with Mushfiq in near future, even if that means Mashud will have to be pushed at #10 batting position.

There is a distant chance Rajin will be replaced by Tushar, if Mehrab and Ash both can prove themselves as viable options as openers, but I don't think that will happen.

sensible
September 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
Gullu was part of the problem. But not all of the problems that we have. Just see what are the other problems we still have.

The declining perfomance of the following players:
1. Ashraful
2. Pilot
3. Rafique
4. Bashar
4. Rajin

Plus the inconsistent perfomance of the following:
1.Aftab
2. Mashrafe

Are all of those are just a temporary glitch or a symptom of a permanent problem?
So yes getting rid of Gullu is a positive sign. But the best BD team we ever had? I don't know yet.

You must have made a mistake by putting Ash's name in the declining performance list...I mean how could he be still declining? He hit the rock bottom a long time back.....the only way for him now is to go up!!!:D :D :D

MarufH
September 7, 2006, 05:39 PM
I'm happy! now just hoping mehrab makes his ground!

Sovik
September 7, 2006, 05:46 PM
finally our selectors realised his value in the team

MarufH
September 7, 2006, 05:57 PM
i hope BC members dont hate him for slow start... :)

Sovik
September 7, 2006, 06:46 PM
just saw javed on ntv, saying he still has hope to make it to the worldcup. he said world cup 99, 2003 are history. he still has time. and it will take only one good batting performance to get back in the team

tutul
September 7, 2006, 10:50 PM
oh no! Golla gone! who are we gonna blush now? sure we will miss him big time ;)

Kamini
September 7, 2006, 11:59 PM
Come on Bd...[বাংলা]kichu kore dekhao[/বাংলা]

Ahmed_B
September 8, 2006, 01:21 AM
OH?!
It should be "Gullu(JO) days are over" and not 'Golla days yet' :)

We will still be seeing 'golla days' from some of our 'naturally talented superstars' in the team for whom cricket is 'pani bhat'!

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2006, 09:04 AM
Did anyone watch the NTVs sports report last night? Babu bhai, funny comedy bananor ekta ujjol shombhabona dhekha disey.

Reporters were surrounding JO, JO trying to answer their questions. I have no idea why he was trying to answer them in Beng-lish. Nothing was making sense. Clearly he was pissed, aggitated :) about the exculsion and was saying "one game" can change everything. Change what? Also there was something about the past World cups. I guess the reporters asked something about the WCs. I didn't hear the question that was asked.

Fazal
September 8, 2006, 09:16 AM
Clearly he was pissed, aggitated :) about the exculsion and was saying "one game" can change everything. Change what?

Well one game may not change a lot, but I think what he meant is one series/tour can cange everything. If Ash/Rajin experiment as well as Mehrab (in limited opportunity) fails as an opener, and in top of it, if nafees is inconsistent, then we may see some ugly defeats. And you know what, and before you can blink your eyes, Gullu will be back in the team. I think that what he meant.

SMHasan
September 8, 2006, 10:17 AM
Well one game may not change a lot, but I think what he meant is one series/tour can cange everything. If Ash/Rajin experiment as well as Mehrab (in limited opportunity) fails as an opener, and in top of it, if nafees is inconsistent, then we may see some ugly defeats. And you know what, and before you can blink your eyes, Gullu will be back in the team. I think that what he meant.

Let's hope this team performs well and keep Golla & Co out of the team. No more Golla please. Had enough of it. Even if this team fails to perform well still we should keep this squad against the Zombies in November. Brining back JO will not solve our ever lasting problem.

Tokyobreeze
September 8, 2006, 10:41 AM
Why Gullu is thinking about world cup?Isn't it fair enough that he played loads of other cups already and presented us some marvellous tortoise batting.The thing which agitated me most was his batting style in both version which is complete reverse to what situation asks.He played tests like one-day and played onedays like tests.He should never be brought back, no matter how worse our new opening pair performs.

I reckon, we have to respect Gullu for some unique teachings he has been providing so long for new opening batsmen. গোল্লার কাছ থেকে সব ওপেনিং ব্যাটসম্যানের একটা ব্যাপার শেখার আছে , সেটা হচ্ছে - কেমন খেলা উচিত না । গোল্লা নিয়ে হাল্লা-গুল্লা করে লাভ নাই । এর চেয়ে ভবিষ্যতের দিকে মন দেওয়া দরকার । গোল্লা ছিলো এক নষ্ট অতীত । আমাদের অতীতের ভুল থেকে শিক্ষা নিয়ে সামনে তাকাতে হবে ।

al Furqaan
September 8, 2006, 11:13 AM
Isn't it fair enough that he played loads of other cups already and presented us some marvellous tortoise batting.

lolllllllllllllllllllll

Shehwar
September 9, 2006, 03:47 AM
I hope he makes it to the World Cup....It was unfair to leave him out of the '03 WC squad and we eneded up having the worst opening stands of all time consitently in that tourney...lost to Kenya and even to Canada.....Even in '99 WC he was unlucky not make it...Its just not fair to the guy...Though I know he probably is a 3rd choice opener now and my wishes are more emotional...cheers...

Flip Master Mick
September 9, 2006, 04:59 AM
we may still need him for tests... unless our "young rotons" prove otherwise...

Sovik
September 9, 2006, 08:27 AM
we may still need him for tests... unless our "young rotons" prove otherwise...

we don't have any test matches before world cup. and there will be plenty of matches for the young players to prove themselves.

and rajin is slow like golla but he is better than him. so if we have to play a slower batsman. rajin should be the one to play

baisab
September 9, 2006, 08:46 PM
we don't have any test matches before world cup. and there will be plenty of matches for the young players to prove themselves.

and rajin is slow like golla but he is better than him. so if we have to play a slower batsman. rajin should be the one to play

Compared to Golla, Rajin is Afridi :D

Hatebreed
September 9, 2006, 08:53 PM
Rajin needs to get into form, nowthat a lot of promising young players in the squad. I'm looking forward to a great team performance.

arafath79
September 10, 2006, 10:37 AM
I still like the way Javed Omar Belim cuts the ball. He is capable of staying at the wicket for long time too but he looks hopeless against the short ball in the bouncy wickets.:(

cricketboy
September 11, 2006, 12:17 AM
Javed's career is not over. He may well find a place in our test XI. I have no problem with that as long as he performs because there is no runrate factor in tests. But problem is sometimes Golla thinks the test matches are 20-20 cricket and plays attackingly, may be to show the slectors that he can play ODIs. :p

jabbar
September 11, 2006, 12:45 AM
So, now Pilot and Rajin's names are coming out at the top of "Drop him" list ! Never happy, are we ? :lol:

It's understandable when fans are "never happy" when the bangladesh team performs as bad as they do. They sh*t the fans to tears!:head:

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
September 11, 2006, 02:21 AM
Why Mushfiqur Rahim dropped??????????? huh...and why Ash is there.........????????????

****!!!1