PDA

View Full Version : Shahadat Hossain's bowling run up and action should be changed for his own good.

arafath79
September 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
:flag: Hello everyone,

Shahadat Hossain Rajib is a good prospect in the pace bowling department of Bangladesh team. He is the only hatrick man in ODI for Bangladesh. :tiger:

I have seen Mashrafe was criticised for losing the match and series against Zimbabwe because of his lolly pop deliveries against the batsman Taylor. I am impressed to see him running faster, giving quicker deliveries and swinging the bowl dangerously in the ODI series against Kenya. He has changed his run up and he ran faster than he used to run after coming back form his enjury. As a result he got Steve Tikolo's wickets and the success of being a MOM and MOS as well. Even Wasim Akram told the Bangladeshi AUS trainer that Mashrafe should run faster and give angular delivery to get more pace and swing with the ball. I agree with him 100%. :)

On the other hand Shahadat Hossain went to the side line because he is not cosistence with the ball and bat. He is always depending on his short delivery to get wickets. It will work against tail ender batsmen most of the time but not against world class batsmen. He really needs to change his bowling run up and action to improve and become a real fast bowler not just a fast medium bowler.Other wise he will go to the side line forever like Tareq Aziz, Alamgir Kabir etc...

What do you guys think ??? :rolleyes:

Tokyobreeze
September 10, 2006, 11:09 AM
Shahadat has got a very important quality for fast bowlers - Aggression.According my observation, his pace is very much okay.Improvement always is a good thing, but it better come gradually.A long run up will not always mean faster deliveries.During the end-stage of his career Wasim Akram used to take very short run up, but was deadly all-the-same.I believe, Shahadat has got all the ingredients of a fast bowler and going towards right direction.He just need time and exposure to bloom.

arafath79
September 10, 2006, 03:54 PM
Shahadat has got a very important quality for fast bowlers - Aggression.According my observation, his pace is very much okay.Improvement always is a good thing, but it better come gradually.A long run up will not always mean faster deliveries.During the end-stage of his career Wasim Akram used to take very short run up, but was deadly all-the-same.I believe, Shahadat has got all the ingredients of a fast bowler and going towards right direction.He just need time and exposure to bloom.

I agree with you but I am not really talking about his long run up and short run up. He has got a slow run up and he needs to run much faster and do the deliveries faster than he is doing now.:)

BangladeshFan
September 10, 2006, 05:13 PM
runup creates the rythm of the bowler. by suddenly running in quicker , u wont be faster and length will go all over the place i guess. also running in quicker actally puts more strain on the body than running in slower.

Sovik
September 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
sudden change in bowling action and style will not help him a bit.

Rabz
September 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
i think we have a certain personnel for that job, its called "coach", someone who has far far better experience and expertise than us to judge who should have what run up and action.

if he is experiencing any problem, im sure he has been advised accordingly.
or else, there is no need to change the action drastically and overnight. it takes a long time for a bowler, esp the faster ones, to get used to with the run up and rhythm of an action. sudden change would destroy his career to be the least.

as for now, i hv not seen any wrong in his bowling actions. let his go by this for a while till he finds his feet and confidence in the game. once he is done with it, he would no for sure about how to go on about doing the business.

arafath79
September 11, 2006, 02:12 PM
i think we have a certain personnel for that job, its called "coach", someone who has far far better experience and expertise than us to judge who should have what run up and action.

I agree with you but the coach and the trainer was not interested to change Mashrafe's bowling run up before Wasim Akram said and got beaten from Taylor in Zim ODI series. Mashrafe has showen a quick improvement with his pace and swing in the Kenya series becasue of changing his run up. Coach and trainer really needs to work on Shahadat Hossain's bowling action and run up(specially needs to run much faster) as soon as possible.:)

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 04:09 PM
Disadvantage of running in faster. No balls, spraying it all over (addittional wides), getting belted more often.

Rather than changing the speed of running in he should concentrate on the placement of the ball.
1. full length on the off stump swinging out or outside the off swinging in.
2. Outside the off shortball bouncing on the shoulder or chest length.
3. Toe crushing yorkers (the best weapon for any fast bowler).

Ejaj
September 12, 2006, 06:21 AM
Well. I dont think at all with faster runup he will be able to added even 1 Km/h speed to this avarage speed. To me.. he is just a perfect fast medium bolwer for Bangladesh and he will get better and more lethal in time. Btw, Bowling shorts.. arent that easy either.. to any sort of batsman ( topoder, tailender, middleorder).And. any new develping fast bowler will tend to bowl more short balls. than an experienced one. this is because.. thisi s just so natural for a fastbowler to bend his back when he is young and quite emotionally driven.

So.. fo rme.. he is just fine.. and no need to change his speed. As long as he doesnt get injured wit this lineup.. I dont see any reason why he is needed to changed

Ps. btw, by quality, Rajeeb can simply not be compared with Talha. There is gulf of diffrence between them.

arafath79
September 12, 2006, 10:04 AM
Well. I dont think at all with faster runup he will be able to added even 1 Km/h speed to this avarage speed. To me.. he is just a perfect fast medium bolwer for Bangladesh and he will get better and more lethal in time.

So.. fo rme.. he is just fine.. and no need to change his speed. As long as he doesnt get injured wit this lineup.. I dont see any reason why he is needed to changed

Ps. btw, by quality, Rajeeb can simply not be compared with Talha. There is gulf of diffrence between them.

We have got loads of fast medium bowlers in our country. Mashrafe is one of them and he is the best bowler we have got. I think Mashrafe has improved his bowling during Kenya series by changing his run up and he didn't care about his injury. If Shahadat cares about his injury all the time and keep bowling like without any change of his run up and action then he will go to the side line like Tariq Aziz , Alamgir Kabir or Talha Jubair very soon. His hatrick against Zim won't worth anything that time. Look at Alok Kapali , he got his hatrick in test cricket too but he went to the side line because of no improvement of his bowling and batting either. He is a leg spinner though.

arafath79
September 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
runup creates the rythm of the bowler. by suddenly running in quicker , u wont be faster and length will go all over the place i guess. also running in quicker actally puts more strain on the body than running in slower.

Well not only running faster but also needs to change the action.

arafath79
September 12, 2006, 10:11 AM
I am trying to say that Shahadat Hossain just needs some change with his bowling run up and action. He has played in several games and still playing in national team with his same run up and action Now, it's is the time for him to be changed. I know Dav is doing his job quite well but he is not really a bowling coach.

Fazal
September 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
Disadvantage of running in faster. No balls, spraying it all over (addittional wides), getting belted more often.

plus pa mochkanor shombobona...

.... ei gotiteei Shahadat mukh teye jee awaz kore..... tar jonno boro maya lage.. aro jorey doraley to mukhey Fena choley ashbey...

BangladeshFan
September 12, 2006, 05:20 PM
changing the action/runup may help him get a little speed boost (2-3 mph at best maybe). but dont dream that he will ever be a 90 mph bowler. bowlers usually remain at almost the same speed throughout their career and after 25 tend to get little slower. shahadat likewise will remain an 80 mph bowler but with exp may add some variation to his bowling.

betaar
September 13, 2006, 12:07 PM
All of you guys made valid arguments. Combination of some of them could make Shahdat or any bowler a better, faster bowler but all of them together will not work out for any specific person. I think it's the bowler and his coach that need to experiment and decide what works best.

BTW - You guys should all read the book called "Fast Bowling Bible" by Ian Pont if you are interested.

arafath79
September 13, 2006, 02:22 PM
plus pa mochkanor shombobona...

.... ei gotiteei Shahadat mukh teye jee awaz kore..... tar jonno boro maya lage.. aro jorey doraley to mukhey Fena choley ashbey...

Hahahahahaha :floor:

arafath79
September 13, 2006, 02:25 PM
changing the action/runup may help him get a little speed boost (2-3 mph at best maybe). but dont dream that he will ever be a 90 mph bowler.

O nooo .... We need him to be a real fast bowler who can bowl atleast 87 mph !!
Do u think he won't be able to make it ?? :(