PDA

View Full Version : Syed Rasel is injured after a Motor Cycle Accident

Miraz
September 10, 2006, 05:41 PM
Todays Prothom-alo reported that Syed Rasel got injured in his left leg due to a motor cycle accident. Doctors advised him not to wear any Keds for at least a week.

Really very sad news.

Prothom -Alo report (http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MjMxNw==&mid=OA==)

Orion
September 10, 2006, 05:57 PM
sad news indeed......hoping for a quick recovery

Hatebreed
September 10, 2006, 06:00 PM
that's sad, hopefully it's not too serious.. wishing him a quick recovery.

Carte Blanche
September 10, 2006, 06:04 PM
Yikes that's an ugly incident. I hope he recovers in time and is fully fit before our next assignments.

cricket_pagol
September 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
I am pretty sure he will recover in time for Champions trophy. When i was reading all the stories of motor biking at Masrafees wedding (masrafee loves his motorbike), I was saying to myself "i hope none none these guys have a freak motorbike accident.

kalpurush
September 10, 2006, 06:55 PM
It's seems going to a big blow for BD besides Bashar's injurey! I only hope both of them would be fully fit before the CT.

akabir77
September 10, 2006, 09:30 PM
golla was seen digging holes near that area

rudro
September 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
golla was seen digging holes near that area
Pathetic! Please let the veteran enjoy his forced retirement. He is not that old to forget that he can not be a bowler's replacement!.

truenykr
September 11, 2006, 12:08 AM
he will recover inshallah

Tokyobreeze
September 11, 2006, 01:33 AM
Bad news..But, Lets hope he will be ready to fire for the Champions' Trophy, provided he is selected in the main 11.

nobody
September 11, 2006, 03:03 AM
Why BCB allowed crickter to ride a motor bile just before an important tournament? I would also ask Rasel's judegement. Yes motorcycle is fun but never a safe vehicle. Why he chose to ride 80 miles by Bike. Mash is also a bike addict. In their contract, it should be written that they can not ride bike. They are too precious for us to be injured due to bike accident.
Anyway, praying for a safe recovery

Sovik
September 11, 2006, 08:08 AM
i hope he recovers soon from the injury

Rabz
September 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
Why BCB allowed crickter to ride a motor bile just before an important tournament? I would also ask Rasel's judegement. Yes motorcycle is fun but never a safe vehicle. Why he chose to ride 80 miles by Bike. Mash is also a bike addict. In their contract, it should be written that they can not ride bike. They are too precious for us to be injured due to bike accident.

what do u want BCB to do ? keep a baby-sitter for every player, following them every single place they go and everything they do?

yes, its a sad accident, but things like this happens. u cant imprison the players only because they play in the national team.

God forbid, if there was any accident involving national team players enroute to Mashrafee's wedding, would u hv asked why BCB let the players go?

C'mon mate, take it easy.
Hope he recovers soon. and if he cant, its his loss the most. getting a place in the team these days r getting hard,and if Russel looses his position due to a silly bike accident, he will be the one to be sorry the most.

akabir77
September 11, 2006, 11:28 AM

Comon they have life too. Does your office follows you to home and see what you do at home mind you u r a assat to them too. anyway adding to sydney what if there was an accident in mashes wedding bcb should tell all the players that they can't get married anymore?
ha ha ha
anyway its not 80 mile its maybe 80 kmh which i dought. which is around 40 mile:D
of what if some plaer falls from the toilet.. bcb should ban all toilets too.. just couldn't help it

nannu
September 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
we should cancel our pacers motorcycle licence.

nannu

Rubu
September 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
we should cancel our pacers motorcycle licence.

nannu

as if they have any. 90% people who drives motor cycles in bangladesh do not have any lisense.

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 12:53 PM
Rubu is wrong. It is 99%.

Hatebreed
September 11, 2006, 01:48 PM
Rubu is wrong. It is 99%.

You're also wrong, it's actually 99.98%

It's a fact... Google it :lol:

kalpurush
September 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
You're also wrong, it's actually 99.98%

It's a fact... Google it :lol:

The correct and updated one is 99.99%:D

al Furqaan
September 11, 2006, 02:13 PM
Comon they have life too. Does your office follows you to home and see what you do at home mind you u r a assat to them too. anyway adding to sydney what if there was an accident in mashes wedding bcb should tell all the players that they can't get married anymore?
ha ha ha
anyway its not 80 mile its maybe 80 kmh which i dought. which is around 40 mile:D
of what if some plaer falls from the toilet.. bcb should ban all toilets too.. just couldn't help it

you raise a good point...and i disagree with you.

in the US ben roethilisberger a football player got lucky and survived a motorcycle accident (he was not wearing a helmet). now legally, pro athletes in US are often barred from motorcycles and other high risk activities. think about it, this is a multi-million dollar asset with ramifications going into the 100s of millions of US dollars.

i understand for us its not anywhere near as big in magnitude. but when we have just one pacer of mash's ability, whereas the US has dozens of roethlisbergers...if we had the money, mash would be worth about a billion US dollars.

now of course we don't have that kind of money, but still these players have to realize that their getting an immense honor: to represent our nation, not just as ppl, cricketers, but sort of goodwill ambassadors. they get all kinds of perks (health care, financial security for family for life practically, travel the world, celebrity status) they should be willing to give up cheap thrills like motorbikes.

once they retire they can do that...and unlike you or me, they will retire with loads of money in a bank account, at the ripe old age of 35. i may be twice that age when i quit working.

so its not that bad...and i can think of a billion reasons why

arafath79
September 11, 2006, 02:14 PM
So sad to hear that. :(

Hatebreed
September 11, 2006, 02:22 PM
The correct and updated one is 99.99%:D

:floor:

baisab
September 11, 2006, 05:20 PM

Good point, al_furqan also pointed out that US pro athletes have restrictions because they are valuable asssets. Certain UK/European Football Clubs(Soccer) have certain clause in their contracts that prohibit them from participating in risky leasure activities, they even state the desired diet that they should have, vices such as smoking are not permitted, exessive alchohol consumption is not permitted etc etc

i see some of you object to this but u havent heard the worst, some clubs even go as far as telling them not to sleep with their wives (or whatever they sleep with) the night before a match :p so really sacrificing a motorbike dont seem that bad.

to the original subject though, i hope its nothing major and wish him a quick recovery.

Hatebreed
September 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
i see some of you object to this but u havent heard the worst, some clubs even go as far as telling them not to sleep with their wives (or whatever they sleep with) the night before a match :p so really sacrificing a motorbike dont seem that bad.

you know I was just thinking the same thing! poor mashrafee would be so sad if such restrictions were applied :D

kalpurush
September 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
Any update on Rasel's recovery?

Fazal
September 12, 2006, 10:40 AM
Any update on Rasel's recovery?
Yes ...he is completely recovered and started bowling with 100% fit.:p

What kind of update are you looking for after 2 days of injury? As far as I know its not life-threating injury. Doctors advised him not to wear any Keds for at least a week (as Miraz mentioned in the original post). Driving motor-cycle in Bangladesh is very risky business. I hope he realize that from now on.

Hatebreed
September 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
Driving motor-cycle in Bangladesh is very risky business..

Couldn't agree more! My uncle's had a deadly motorbike accident that shattered his face.. poor guy had to have a metal frame placed into his skull!

al Furqaan
September 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
what the hell is a ked???

Hatebreed
September 12, 2006, 11:24 AM

trainers

http://kate.zed1.net/blog/wp-content/images/trainers%20he%20he%20he.jpg

Fazal
September 12, 2006, 11:24 AM

Ya what the hell is a ked?

RazabQ
September 13, 2006, 05:16 AM
I might tend towards wrapping our players in cotton when they are not in a game, think economics folks. How many players can afford to own a car? For many of them a motor-cycle is the only motorized vehicle they can afford. If the death of South Asia's fastest man Shah Alam could not get our sports governing bodies to figure something out regarding these death traps (yeah I lost a family friend to motor-bike accident), Syed Rasels leg sprain sure ain't.

If cricketers going around in motor-bikes bugs you, just do what I do - pray that they don't get hit! :)

akabir77
September 13, 2006, 08:27 AM
I think all of our national players can afford cars atleast a maruti...

zahid
September 13, 2006, 08:52 AM
:lol: You guys are so funny... lol

Bd players can't afford a car? Why do they need to?

I thought they were given free flats, cars, dish,etc.

Btw, our Bd players should walk ( helps them in their fitness lol) or get a bike ( bicycle.. duh!)

rudro
September 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
Driving motor-cycle in Bangladesh is very risky business.
Where it's not?

Steelers' Big Ben had a near-fatal accident doing the same. Here are some very updated stats:
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/09/12/ap3012044.html

TheWatcher
September 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
So, you never heard of the keds brand !!! Check out wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keds).

Bangladeshi shoe companies somehow picked up this name and sell their athletic footwears as keds (atleast, that was the case in 80's and 90's), like Jump Keds (a very popular brand from late 80's). Thus, keds has become the common term for atheletic footwears in Bangladesh, like sneaker is in USA.

istiak
September 13, 2006, 12:02 PM
:lol: Btw, our Bd players should walk ( helps them in their fitness lol) or get a bike ( bicycle.. duh!)

It is the most dangerous thing one can do on bangladeshi road..

Fazal
September 13, 2006, 12:06 PM
It is the most dangerous thing one can do on bangladeshi road..
Then they shouldn't eveb walk. They should crawl or stay home all the time.

Rabz
September 13, 2006, 08:33 PM
So, you never heard of the keds brand !!! Check out wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keds).

Bangladeshi shoe companies somehow picked up this name and sell their athletic footwears as keds (atleast, that was the case in 80's and 90's), like Jump Keds (a very popular brand from late 80's). Thus, keds has become the common term for atheletic footwears in Bangladesh, like sneaker is in USA.

lolz, i used to call it keds too back in BD.
Bangladeshis r of simple minds, doesnt matter whether its trainers, runners, sneakers etc etc... they all called keds... much easier for the mass illeterate population of the country...:D

guys remember the late 80's Jump Keds ad by those twin brothers??
it was funny

SMHasan
September 13, 2006, 09:09 PM
trainers

http://kate.zed1.net/blog/wp-content/images/trainers%20he%20he%20he.jpg

I think American people don't call it as 'trainers'.

Hatebreed
September 13, 2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah it started as a brand but became a 'kind' of its own as we know it today.

But nothing beats Converse :love:

http://www.krossovki.com/files/9622_m.jpg

Hatebreed
September 13, 2006, 09:15 PM
I think American people don't call it as 'trainers'.

They call it sneakers.

Rabz
September 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
They call it sneakers.

Suits them.
They certainly likes to sneak in every part of the world, they should call it sneakers.

Rest of the world should call it "runner", as we all are trying to run away from thier atrocites.

and Bangalees "keds"? cuz we cudnt care less.

Hatebreed
September 13, 2006, 10:20 PM
Suits them.
They certainly likes to sneak in every part of the world, they should call it sneakers.

Rest of the world should call it "runner", as we all are trying to run away from thier atrocites.

and Bangalees "keds"? cuz we cudnt care less.

Haha nice, so why do British call it trainers? :D

Shafin
September 14, 2006, 01:25 AM
What a thread,Syed Rasel injured and it goes on to a debate on footwear :D

From the news,it's probably a minor one.

SMHasan
September 15, 2006, 08:31 PM
What a thread,Syed Rasel injured and it goes on to a debate on footwear :D

From the news,it's probably a minor one.

Because it's BC :)

kalpurush
September 15, 2006, 10:53 PM
[quote=Shafin]What a thread,Syed Rasel injured and it goes on to a debate on footwear :D

And you are one of our proud partnet!:D ;)

zia
September 17, 2006, 10:07 AM

You said it. How could they be so careless? Jumping in the river,taking a boat ride and the the motor bike tell me neither the team management or team players are sensitive to these issues. Where is the PROFESSIONALISM? When I saw those wedding pics I thanked God that no one is hurt. But see what happened later!We are not aking them to stop what ever they want to do but just want them to be sensible. When they had alternative ways of commuting why take a chance before a big tournament. It's the only game where we earned world recognition. So, we should use our judgement to avoid dangerous activities before a game or tournament-atleast.

TheWatcher
September 17, 2006, 01:19 PM
New Age: Search for back-ups
Staff Correspondent

National selectors started to think seriously about the possible replacements for pacer Mashrafee bin Murtaza and Syed Rasel for the ICC Champions Trophy after the duo suffered freak injuries last week.

Mashrafee sprained his right ankle on Friday when he slipped down the stairs at his uncle’s home and is sure to miss training for up to 10 days. Team physio Paul Close assured that he has every chance of playing in the tournament, but it did not stop the selectors from thinking of an alternative.

‘We are monitoring his condition closely. At this moment it looks he will be okay in time, but to be more sure we have to wait for a few more days,’ said chief selector Faruque Ahmed.

He added, ‘We kept it in mind that a replacement could be needed, but we did not take any decision.’

Faruque seemed to be more worried about the condition of Mashrafee's bowling partner Rasel, who injured his foot in a motorbike accident last week.

‘Rasel did not improve on the scale as we expected,’ he said.

With both Mashrafee and Rasel injured Shahadat Hossain is now only fit pace bowler in Bangladesh's 14-man Champions Trophy squad. Although Faruque did not elaborate, sources close to him said Tapash Baishya and Nazmul Hossain are the likeliest candidates to replace the duo.

Tapash and Nazmul played their last one-dayers against Sri Lanka in February before being thrown out for poor performance. In his last match Tapash conceded 43 runs in five overs while Nazmul gave away 59 runs in seven overs.

Both of them, however, are training with the current squad in a bid to keep themselves fit and help the batsmen get a quality net practice.

Miraz
September 17, 2006, 02:01 PM
Selectors may also think about this young bowler

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/012002/033426.jpg

Shafaq-Al Zabir, he has got more pace than Rasel and is a left arm bowler, he should an ideal replacement for Rasel (if reqd.)

al Furqaan
September 17, 2006, 08:36 PM
i say shafaq and tapash should be the first 2 options...nazmul third...nazmul really doesn't offer much, though he is still young and in a few years perhaps he can be a good 4th 5th pacer. with so much cricket being played nowadays, and with the poor health of all intl speedsters, a team must have 4-5 frontline pace bowlers minimum.

kalpurush
September 17, 2006, 10:59 PM
Yes ...he is completely recovered and started bowling with 100% fit.:p

What kind of update are you looking for after 2 days of injury?

Coma, na darite?!;)

Fazal
September 18, 2006, 05:17 PM
In his last match Tapash conceded 43 runs in five overs while Nazmul gave away 59 runs in seven overs.

OMG !!!! I would rather see Razzak opening the innings than these two. They haven't shown us anything at any level after their last start (in national team) to warrant a come back.

SS
September 18, 2006, 11:29 PM
no way we want tapash and nazmul, but guess what we have none. What a blunder for Mash's stupidity, first getting married before Champions trophy and then breaking leg and another scum bug rasel was riding motor cycle and got into an accident. If they got that much courage, where the hell were that courage when they were playing and giving so many runs anf full tosses and let us loose.

Rabz
September 19, 2006, 07:12 AM
What a blunder for Mash's stupidity, first getting married before Champions trophy and then breaking leg and another scum bug rasel was riding motor cycle and got into an accident. If they got that much courage, where the hell were that courage when they were playing and giving so many runs anf full tosses and let us loose.

So, when do you want him to get married?
During the Champions Trophy?
If he did get married after, you would have said, "What a blunder, Mash got married before the World Cup". Looks like the man would need to attend his personal life according to your wish!!

Get a life.

Why blame him for breaking his leg? Blame BD Govt , blame the Electricity Board .
It was during a load-shedding when Mashree slipped and hurt his ankle, he DID not break his leg!! May be u can ask the Govt to provide 24 hr electricity to our national team players, so that they wont become victims of "freak accident".

If they got that much courage, where the hell were that courage when they were playing and giving so many runs anf full tosses and let us loose.

For the gizillionth time, he did not let us loose. Yes he had a bad match, may be a terrible one, but doesnt it happen to every players once in a while?

Also, how come u dont mention his 12 wicket haul in 3 matches against Kenya, including the BD record of 6 wickets in a match? Or his face saving batting on the 2nd ODI.? or his 3 in a row MOM performance!!

If that is not redemption, i dont know what it is!!

We are a very forgetting bunch, arent we?? only highlight the negetive parts.
Please try to give due credit where it belongs.

And its about time u let that one over incident go. For your reminder, it was in August, this is almost end of September. The world has moved on, so should YOU.
There is a new series coming up soon, lets concentrate on that.

SS
September 19, 2006, 08:37 AM
True I complete agree with your post, as I believe in better be safe than sorry. The players looked too much relaxed where as look at Aussies, they were training like army. I know they go out friday night, but trust me we are not like them. We need extra hard work when we have only one international level CT ahead of us before world cup. Actually I was being rude just blaming Mash and Russel, I think the fault is also BCB and officials. They are not arranging proper facilitations and arrangements for the players. Also where are coaches for batting, I thought Wasim praised Mash and Russell, could we bring him to train them before the series. Fielding coaches could also help. And top of Pyschologist to change their mindset. None of them happened.

Thunder
September 25, 2006, 07:47 PM
is there any update about their injury yet? what about Masrafe?? how is he doing??