PDA

View Full Version : Your most favourite BD player

Miraz
September 11, 2006, 12:35 PM
This is a th eread to tell about your most favourite Bangladeshi player alongwith a poll. The qualification for the poll is at least 20 ODI.

Please pick only one player and tell us the reason for your liking.

Time pass as there is no cricket around for Bangladesh right now. :)

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
I don't have one. I have several.
Among them Prince and Atahar Ali.

Miraz
September 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
I don't have one. I have several.
Among them Prince and Atahar Ali.

Try to find out the most favourite one :)

Both of them are good but do not qualify here as both of them played less than 20 ODI.:)

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
Aminul Islam has only one ODI and made the list. Grrrr! My Atahar has 19 ODIs ( I wonder were the 20 came from :) ) with an ave of 29 (ash can only dream of these kind of average).
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56225.html

Hehehe!!!

sadi
September 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
I guess you are looking at bhola's profile and not bulbul's. How about this profile?
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56224.html

If you were joking, I guess I am the berosik one!!!

Miraz
September 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
Tigers_eye bhai, You are somehow wrong, It seems Cats_eye is sharp than Tigers_eye ;)

Aminul Islam (Bulbul) has played 39 ODI.

Here's the link, http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56224.html

sadi
September 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
My fav one is Aftab. When he is in the crease, he is a treat to watch. The problem is he doesn't stay long. :(

Miraz
September 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
My favourite is Rafiq. In my opinion he is the only world class player in Bangladesh team who performs constantly.

A real dedicated player.

Tigers_eye
September 11, 2006, 01:32 PM

If you were joking, I guess I am the berosik one!!!

Fazal's work is hard. Monay korsilam amar post hit korbey. No way near!! No amount of "hehehe" can make my comments light :(

kalpurush
September 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
My fav one is Aftab. When he is in the crease, he is a treat to watch. The problem is he doesn't stay long. :(

:up:
I wonder when he would know how to learn from mistakes! He got the talent but unfortunately, fails to deliver it consistantly!

Hatebreed
September 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
Shahriar Nafees of course, our potential future captain and a flamboyant opening batsman.

sadi
September 11, 2006, 01:53 PM
Fazal's work is hard. Monay korsilam amar post hit korbey. No way near!! No amount of "hehehe" can make my comments light :(

Hmm you fooled us all. Nice job!!! :o

kalpurush
September 11, 2006, 01:55 PM

Ahh! Don't get disappointed so early!! Keep trying my friend. We know you can make it. Though, we might have to be satisfied with one Fazal in our lifetime!!!:D

kalpurush
September 11, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hmm you fooled us all. Nice job!!! :o

Yes! He is better than we thought!!:lol:

mac
September 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
Why i am not in the list. I want my name.:mad:

al Furqaan
September 11, 2006, 02:05 PM
so far out of 7 voters, only i voted for ash...

now i am just as upset as the rest of you about ash...in fact, for the first time, I doubt whether ashraful will last even 2 years on the national team.

but, the poll question asked who is my favorite. and it is and will always be ash. even if bangladesh produces a player with 2 times tendulkar's talent, beauty, skill, work ethic, and determination my fav all time player will be ash. prolly cuz he is the first talent of his kind from bangladesh.

even if he has nothing but ducks for all his remaining matches, the talent this boy had, has and will have is undeniable, if it would be allowed i would say its divine.

now, as far as throwing it away, yes he has thrown away immense opportunities, and if that is the case, I will not blame him personally, it was destiny and fate and the will of Allah. but that is the subject of another poll/thread

mac
September 11, 2006, 02:10 PM
I appreciate u AL Furqaan bhai.:up:

Hatebreed
September 11, 2006, 02:24 PM
Will anyone vote for Golla :lol:

sadi
September 11, 2006, 02:30 PM

If I had to guess, I would say spitty might vote for Golla. Also, Fazal may end up voting for him. :)

Yameen
September 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
akram khan, i like his character and hes a very friendly man...not a bad player too, as he played a great role in the development of bangladesh cricket along with the other veterans of the mid-late nineties...

Rubu
September 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised to see no one yet voted for kapali :wow:

shovon13
September 11, 2006, 06:05 PM
this is an easy one. mashrafe bin mortaza.

shovon13
September 11, 2006, 06:08 PM
so far out of 7 voters, only i voted for ash...

now i am just as upset as the rest of you about ash...in fact, for the first time, I doubt whether ashraful will last even 2 years on the national team.

but, the poll question asked who is my favorite. and it is and will always be ash. even if bangladesh produces a player with 2 times tendulkar's talent, beauty, skill, work ethic, and determination my fav all time player will be ash. prolly cuz he is the first talent of his kind from bangladesh.

even if he has nothing but ducks for all his remaining matches, the talent this boy had, has and will have is undeniable, if it would be allowed i would say its divine.

now, as far as throwing it away, yes he has thrown away immense opportunities, and if that is the case, I will not blame him personally, it was destiny and fate and the will of Allah. but that is the subject of another poll/thread

banglacricket doesn't look kindly upon these kind of posts.

jokes aside....i know exactly what you're talking about. but remember the boy's age, furqaan bhai. the time will come.

MarufH
September 11, 2006, 07:33 PM
since it's all time i choose Aminul Islam, he is not only a great player, but also, a great man!

imran78
September 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
Habibul Bashar. followed by Mashrafee.

SMHasan
September 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
I wonder were the 20 came from :)

To match with Mr. S Rajesh!:) so Miraz bhai just made a restriction of minimum 20 wickets!

And to Miraz bhai the thread headline is wrong I think. It says 'tour' most favourite player which doesn't make any sense. It might be 'your'.

BD Tigers
September 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
Selected Aminul Islam Bulbul. He has done wonders in his time.

Tokyobreeze
September 11, 2006, 08:42 PM
Mohammad Rafiq is my man..I like his hard-work and dedication..He always tries to give 100% for the team..That's what we need most for our team..People who do the hard work and dedicate their best of abilities for the team.Of course, Rafiq might never become a so-called genius celebrity like (mostly non-performing) Ash or Aftab, still he will be the man to point when the question of delivery and dedication comes!

Tokyobreeze
September 11, 2006, 08:44 PM

মাথা খারাপ ?? এই ভুল শুধু নির্বাচকদের পক্ষেই করা সম্ভব ।:p

Sumon77
September 11, 2006, 11:37 PM
Shahriar Nafess

Rabz
September 12, 2006, 09:05 AM
banglacricket doesn't look kindly upon these kind of posts.

jokes aside....i know exactly what you're talking about. but remember the boy's age, furqaan bhai. the time will come.

mate, i reckon this is where we make the biggest mistake.
Ashraful in NO MORE A BOY. He is around 22-25(based on official, unofficial, traditional practise of boyosh churi).

Some one of that age bracket is not a boy anymore my friend. HE IS A MAN. A FULL GROWN UP MAN. He needs to grow up and act like one. Also if you consider his international cricketing career, he is a full grown matured man. Been playing the game and has been an integral part of this team for almost 5 years now!! 5 years is a HUGE time for a player's career, irrespective his age. Even if he serves another 10 more years, he has already spent 1/3 of his career lurking around 20 average, which is unacceptable.

On the subject note, I voted Bashar, purely for his performance and consistency.
He gives us the light and hope for the team.

But it is very hard to pass by Rafiq. Just damn too hard.

And even saying so about Ash, the only reason i didnt vote for him..... welll....... u all know why. sheer dissapointment in his performance. But on his day ( sadly like Eid) there is very few batsmen in the world who can match up with him. yes very few, probably except the likes of Lara or Ponting.

Fazal
September 12, 2006, 11:06 AM
>> jokes aside....i know exactly what you're talking about. but remember the boy's age, furqaan bhai. the time will come.

Yes I also agree... chele-ter boyosh ekdom-e comm... takey ten-e hichrey national team a na nameyee amader dhorjoe korey opekhha kora uchit.... kacha kathal-ke jerokom shikh pura diyee lobon diyee pakanoo hoi.... amarder or opekha korte hobe ash kobe pakbe... after all boyosh ta bhari najuk.... kintu shikh pure na deyee borong ok ekta Lollypop er pacifer dhoriyee diley kemon hoi?

Kintu beshiy peke geley aro bipod.... poche gele tokhon hobe?

Miraz
September 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
It is clear from the poll that cecent performance is always the key for popularity. Ashraful received only 10% vote while SN got 23.3% and Mashrafee 20%.

I am sure if we go back one year from now, in a similar poll Ashraful could have received almost 80% of the total vote.

Rabz
September 13, 2006, 12:00 PM
It is clear from the poll that cecent performance is always the key for popularity. Ashraful received only 10% vote while SN got 23.3% and Mashrafee 20%.

I am sure if we go back one year from now, in a similar poll Ashraful could have received almost 80% of the total vote.

are bhai, bhalobashar-o ekta limit ase,
alga pirit kotokhon kora jae?

oi je ekta kotha ase na:
ma-o maser matha shei chele ke dey jei chele beshi kamai kore.

Miraz
September 13, 2006, 12:12 PM
are bhai, bhalobashar-o ekta limit ase,
alga pirit kotokhon kora jae?

oi je ekta kotha ase na:
ma-o maser matha shei chele ke dey jei chele beshi kamai kore.

Taile to Ashraful ekhono anek bhalobasha paoar kotha. :)

Ashraful ei projonto ja kamai korche (against Sl, Aus, Eng and Ind), bakira to sei soman kamai kore nai.

The only problem is he is earning like a gambler. Some days luck favours and some days doesn't :)

thebest
September 14, 2006, 02:57 AM
interesting. Even Pilot fan did not voted for Pilot. I know I would be minority with so many SN fan. But I am not yet convinced with SN. So I have a hard choice between HB and Rafiq. This two are the only players who can be considered for other test playing country. Though Rafiq is the best SLA in the world (I did consider Vettori), my heart voted for HB.

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 03:04 AM
Taile to Ashraful ekhono anek bhalobasha paoar kotha. :)

ki bolen bhai, Ashrafool ke to bhalo bashte bashte amader ei BC member der to obostha already barota.

if i had half of that much patience with couple of my girlfriends, oh life could have turned out so beautiful!!:(

Miraz
September 14, 2006, 08:00 AM
Where is Sauron??

He should at least vote for Chacha :)

Miraz
September 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
At last Chcha received one vote, ironically from Fazal:)

Now its difficult to say whether its a genuine vore from Chcha fan or .....

Fazal
September 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
At last Chcha received one vote, ironically from Fazal:)

Now its difficult to say whether its a genuine vore from Chcha fan or .....

Thats not fair. How do you know that? I thought voter privacy is maintained. Looks like this voting is rigged by Miraz.:D

Looks like all sensitive data from BC is exposed. Like VA scandal, did Chinaman Lost his laptop (with sensitive data) or what?

Hatebreed
September 14, 2006, 02:33 PM
Fazal bhai if u didn't know it's a public poll :)

Fazal
September 14, 2006, 02:38 PM
Fazal bhai if u didn't know it's a public poll :)

Oh... I see.... bhabsilam chupi chupi vote debo.... akon dekhi Hate nate dhora... Marka Mara Chacha Fan Club-er member hoyee gelam.:(

rudro
September 14, 2006, 04:07 PM
Its the most favorite..not the most successful. Meaning the player could be favorite based on looks, hairstyle,complexion, bike-riding, sweety (Mona lisa)'s man, inherent talent, etc. etc.

That's why I could digest al-furqan's post.

rakib28
September 14, 2006, 04:16 PM
My current favorite is Sahadat Hossain (who is not in the list). I like his attitude!!!

BangladeshFan
September 14, 2006, 06:54 PM
my favorite is rafiq, only player in bd team who can/could win a match by both bat and ball.

nasifkhan
September 15, 2006, 09:10 AM
Why no one voted Nannu.?? I guess he is one player whom BD never get to utilise......

rudro
September 15, 2006, 09:15 AM
If I could vote for more than one, I would have voted for Bashar, bulbul and Nannu as my second, third and fourth choice. Sorry, they all were very good players in their era, but the comparison is overall.

Miraz
September 15, 2006, 11:30 AM
We have a new leader Rafiq, jointly with Shahriar Nafees.

I hope at the end Rafiq wins the poll.

rudro
September 15, 2006, 02:19 PM
There is 'rigging' going on! How come Mashrafe gets 11 votes? Who are these two members with usernames testuser and testuser2? I kind of doubt they are created on the same day by the same person to increase the tally for Mashrafe. Mods, could we check on that?

Fazal
September 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
There is 'rigging' going on! How come Mashrafe gets 11 votes? Who are these two members with usernames testuser and testuser2? I kind of doubt they are created on the same day by the same person to increase the tally for Mashrafe. Mods, could we check on that?

I suspect those two are valid users, only that they don't want to reveil their real name. Who can be the biggest fan of mashrefee other than Abdul Razzak and Mashrefee's newly wed Wife?

.... wait a miniute !!!! There is Mahmood (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6) as well as Rajputro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=127)? Looks like some powerfull memebers are involved in this rigging business. !!!!

Miraz
September 15, 2006, 02:39 PM
hmmm.. really suspicious

Suddenly Mashrafee is leading by a good margin.

Where are other powerful members who can vote for Rafiq? :)

Fazal
September 15, 2006, 02:39 PM
This poll is bhua!!!!!!

We demand a complete new and fair poll that need to be conducted by a new polling comissioner. The current polling commisioner is biased and corrupt, we have no confidence what-so-ever in the current polling commisioner. He is playing chi-ni-mini with our trust and vote. We demand his removal asap and bring back dignity and fairness in the polling system.

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2006, 02:42 PM
This poll is bhua!!!!!!

We demand a complete new and fair poll that need to be conducted by a new polling comissioner. The current polling commisioner is biased and corrupt, we have no confidence what-so-ever in the current polling commisioner. He is playing chi-ni-mini with our trust and vote. We demand his removal asap and bring back dignity and fairness in the polling system.
angur fol tok. Sour grapes!!

Miraz
September 15, 2006, 02:44 PM
This poll is bhua!!!!!!

Kintu, who is the polling commissioner?

Don't say, it's me :)

I have no power, I wish one day I'll have some power to catch these....:lol:

Anyway Fazal, there is no chance for Chacha in any poll, probably he will only get the vote of you.

Miraz
September 15, 2006, 06:01 PM
Hmm.. it seems testuser and testuser2 both joined 9 september 2003 but have no posts,

rajputro, testuser and testuser2 voted for Mashrafee today at 6:11. 6:12 and 6:13 PM respectively.

Now, I understand everything. IMO, only one vote should be counted for four votes (I think everyone understands who is the fourth voter here:lol: )

TheWatcher
September 15, 2006, 06:14 PM
This poll is bhua!!!!!!

Ditto

:down: :down: to the polling commisioner (though he voted for my favourite player) :mad: :E :lol:

Hatebreed
September 15, 2006, 06:32 PM
It's a conspiracy! We are doomed! :eek:

kalpurush
September 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
Eibhabe vote hijack hole aagamite er vote-e dichi na!:(

nasifkhan
September 16, 2006, 12:28 AM
I Say Why No One Voted Nannu....? Is He Krishok Md Sadek Of Bangladesh?

Rubu
September 16, 2006, 08:36 AM
mashrafee the clumsy is now leading the poll!

Sovik
September 16, 2006, 08:52 AM
Akram Khan

battye
September 16, 2006, 09:22 AM
Ashraful is a very up and down player, but when he is on song, he can be an amazing batsman.. just look at that 100 against Australia.

sabbir ahmad
September 17, 2006, 12:40 AM
Afteb Ahmad

PoorFan
September 19, 2006, 05:11 AM
<!--StartFragment --> None until they dominate Zimbo.

Miraz
September 19, 2006, 07:00 AM
Rafiq is back as leader despite an attempted rigging in favor of Mashrafee;)

And at last JO got a vote :)

rudro
September 19, 2006, 08:19 AM
Hmm.. it seems testuser and testuser2 both joined 9 september 2003 but have no posts,

rajputro, testuser and testuser2 voted for Mashrafee today at 6:11. 6:12 and 6:13 PM respectively.

Now, I understand everything. IMO, only one vote should be counted for four votes (I think everyone understands who is the fourth voter here:lol: )
OK, this is not nice. No financial benefit, no expectation of contracts, no expectation of becoming a minister...still we can not control our temptations....! Why bother cursing our politicians?

Tokyobreeze
September 19, 2006, 08:48 AM
Sad..Sad..Vote-churi culture should not enter BC...Jader vote-churi korar ato shokh tara nirbachon e darak...shamnei nirbachon ache..shekhane onek shujog paowa jabe.

Fazal
September 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
Ya Vote Churi? Chi Chi... lozza ... lozza.

As a penulty, MAshrafee should be disqualified from the list.
And for further punishment, all votes voted for Mashrafee should be transfered into ChaCha's bucket.

.... thats should make ChaCha the leading candidate with 12 votes.

Baundule
September 19, 2006, 09:31 AM
Mashrafee could be my choice. But his 17!! Even Boycott's mom could have done better.

So, Rafiq is the automatic choice.

Miraz
September 19, 2006, 09:36 AM
Ya Vote Churi? Chi Chi... lozza ... lozza.

As a penulty, MAshrafee should be disqualified from the list.
And for further punishment, all votes voted for Mashrafee should be transfered into ChaCha's bucket.

.... thats should make ChaCha the leading candidate with 12 votes.

This sounds more like typical BD politician :)

Anner vote chinie nie nijer candidate ke win korate hobe, jodio jonogon take chaina ;)

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
I confess, in the 91 election I voted 5 times at the Shamoli polling place (badsha faisal school). That time didn't know much about ethics :) Use to fight with opponents neta kormi (my close friends).

But now after spending thousands of dollars in the name of higher education I have learnt what ethics is. I am the "testuser". "Testuser2" is my cousin.

Rest assured no rigging going on here. :)

TheWatcher
September 19, 2006, 12:02 PM
:lol: Tigers_eye, does your cousin also have the nick "Rajputro" ? Did he ask you to make the following statement ?

Rest assured no rigging going on here. :)

Fazal
September 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
:lol: Tigers_eye, does your cousin also have the nick "Rajputro" ? Did he ask you to make the following statement ?

Na....I think Rajputro is his uncle and Mahmooda is his aunty.

israr
September 19, 2006, 04:48 PM
The youngest test centurion.

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2006, 03:44 PM
Cricketer of the year goes to the right person. BC and BCB have alot in common. Matter of fact looks like they are the same entity.

Nafees (13 votes) and Rafiq (12 votes) getting similar honors.

Rubu
September 20, 2006, 06:54 PM
i've never seen a poll changing the winning so frequently. its a 3 way fight and they are are fighting hard.

fuzzy
September 20, 2006, 06:57 PM
masrafee ias the best

fuzzy
September 20, 2006, 06:58 PM
:flag: masrafee is the best

rudro
September 21, 2006, 08:20 AM
Cricketer of the year goes to the right person. BC and BCB have alot in common. Matter of fact looks like they are the same entity.

Nafees (13 votes) and Rafiq (12 votes) getting similar honors.
Why not we (BC) introduce our own cricketer, bowler, batsman of the year award?

Sam
September 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
I have voted for Shahriar Nafeez, because in my opinion he is the only BD player, who is performing consistently in the recent past. I wish that his batting average, 100s and 50s will increase and he will establish himself as a player of world class.

bapzmania
September 21, 2006, 08:55 AM
ash Ra Fool.....