PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful Joins Tablig Jamat with syed Anwar

akabir77
September 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
Well its not totally true. but he was asked by mustak ahmed to join the masjid where syed anwar, him and also a pakistani singer (zoonon) does tablig.

Here is the link but its in bangla:
http://www.jaijaidin.com/view_news.php?News-ID=11705&issue=&nav_id=4

Summary:
Syed anwar knew his name!!! and told him to play table tennies which will improve his footwork and eye site. Also he thinks its in his head so he have to correct it him self and advised him not to go out there to score big every time.
Also he was joined by mustaq ahmed It doesn't say whether he got any advise on his league spin from him or not.
he is seriously in pressour becuse of the run drought he is having so he requested the reporter not to write any thing about him as people will get more angry on him.
in his second visit to rain hill his highest score was 67.. and rainhill needs 4 more point to get the achivement they wanted and why they hired ash. so ash mission was complished....somwhat...

Tigers_eye
September 12, 2006, 01:09 PM
Reading the thread heading my eyes got bigger. Thought may be this is the only way he learns to control his head. Sigh!! Still hopeless as before.

PoorFan
September 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
In a 'positive' view ... looks like he finally 'realize' he has BIG problem. Hope he find his way out gradually. Any one can 'change' dramatically in this ( his ) age, only need a 'realization' from the bottom of heart ( not in head ) ... I hope this is the time for him.

Tokyobreeze
September 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
Seems like Saeed Anwar has also indirecty indicated that Ash is a Big-head moron (as he said the main problem is in head).For long time we are saying same thing in BC.But, Ash won't listen.Hope he will listen to Saeed Anwar and will play sensibly from now onwards.

Rabz
September 12, 2006, 10:51 PM
Mashallah, good to know that he went to Tablig Jamat while in England rather than being busy checking out clubs and pubs and possible getting a ****.

May Allah hv mercy on his soul, and do all of us a HUGE favour.
Hope he finds his consistency and make his long overdue mark.

sunny747
September 13, 2006, 01:26 AM
U guys were so quick.i was abt to open this thread and i see somebody opened this already..........i don't know good or bad about tablig but it obviously worked for pak cricketers.........i hope it would work for ash as well........but again, i have seen some of my friends joined tablig for fun but they could never come back from there......they just leave behind their family and responsibility, and they think success will come automatic by praying only......anyway, it depends on person to person. Good luck ASh...hope your mind is purified ..

thebest
September 13, 2006, 07:57 AM
Did Anwar say anything new? We all know his problem is in head. did not BCB appoint psycologist for hi. No amount of psycologist can solve the problem. Only medicine remaining is to kick his butt.

fuzzy
September 13, 2006, 08:13 AM
as being muslim i think tablig not very good.
might ask Y?
when some1 goes for 40 or 50 days who do u think will look after his kids and (wife especialy). people in basically repeate da same thing over and over. i think they very knowlesde about islam.

fuzzy
September 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
they very less knowladge about islam

pagol-chagol
September 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
From whatever little I know about Tablig, it seems to me that the concept (TJ) has picked up a few pointers from "Meditation". For a messed up head like Ashraful, this is just about the best thing possible. I don't think he has the discipline/perceivarance/will power to learn meditation or self hypnotism. This is a much easier route. If he keeps doing TJ, it'll calm him down, and he has a much better chance of fulfilling his potential. Whether you like TJ or not, this can only be good for Ashraful's batting career.

sensible
September 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
..... If he keeps doing TJ, it'll calm him down.......

May be oneday he'll stop playing cricket like syed anwar and we don't have to suffer again from our high hopes being crashed when he scores another duck!!!.....I see potential....:D :D :D

al Furqaan
September 13, 2006, 10:19 AM
will he still be taking pictures with mona lisa?

Spitfire_x86
September 13, 2006, 10:48 AM
From whatever little I know about Tablig, it seems to me that the concept (TJ) has picked up a few pointers from "Meditation". For a messed up head like Ashraful, this is just about the best thing possible. I don't think he has the discipline/perceivarance/will power to learn meditation or self hypnotism. This is a much easier route. If he keeps doing TJ, it'll calm him down, and he has a much better chance of fulfilling his potential. Whether you like TJ or not, this can only be good for Ashraful's batting career.
TJ has nothing to do with cricketers' performance. Saeed Anwar, Md. Yousuf, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed all were world class players before they joined TJ , unlike our so called "talented underachiever" Ashraful. (batsman) Saeed Anwar was never the same after joining TJ (he didn't perform poorly though). Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed faded away from the international scene, while Md. Yousuf is doing better after changing religion and joining TJ.

sadi
September 13, 2006, 10:52 AM
I don't think it will help. I hope it does though.

pagol-chagol
September 13, 2006, 11:37 AM
TJ has nothing to do with cricketers' performance. Saeed Anwar, Md. Yousuf, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed all were world class players before they joined TJ , unlike our so called "talented underachiever" Ashraful. (batsman) Saeed Anwar was never the same after joining TJ (he didn't perform poorly though). Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed faded away from the international scene, while Md. Yousuf is doing better after changing religion and joining TJ. I know what you mean. TJ would be the worst thing for a competitive player like Mashrafee. For messed up heads like Ashraful, it could be beneficial.

Fazal
September 13, 2006, 11:53 AM
What he need is: he need to change his name, identity, vanish from the society for a while, .....then start over his career again with clean sleet. He has too much legacy as well as baggage to carry with him. That is preventing him to think and react clearly.

Beamer
September 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
Where is dawa when you need him? he has fallen off the face of the earth.

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2006, 12:49 PM
Why beamer, do you want this thread to have a post count 100? Or you want the mods to work harder? Fuzzy would get a crude awakening.

I miss Dawah.

Beamer
September 13, 2006, 01:03 PM
I was just curious. He would have welcomed this heavenly news. I do miss him and wish he joins back in these idle non-cricketing times.

akabir77
September 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
I think he was working for FBI to find out how many mollas r here :>

kalpurush
September 13, 2006, 01:55 PM
He has too much legacy as well as baggage to carry with him.

Here is a solution(!): Let the professionals do the baggage handling!!:D

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/TAAVolume08/TAAV08P09_01.tn.jpg (http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/show.asp?tg=TAAVolume08/TAAV08P09_01) http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/TAAVolume02/TAAV02P11_10.tn.jpg (http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/show.asp?tg=TAAVolume02/TAAV02P11_10) http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/TAAVolume08/TAAV08P04_12B.tn.jpg (http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/show.asp?tg=TAAVolume08/TAAV08P04_12B) http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/TAAVolume03/TAAV03P12_14.1694.tn.jpg (http://www.photovault.com/Link/Technology/Aviation_Airports/show.asp?tg=TAAVolume03/TAAV03P12_14.1694)

Fazal
September 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
Here is a solution(!): Let the professionals do the baggage handling!!:D

But who will do the legacy handling?

Mridul
September 13, 2006, 06:57 PM
as being muslim i think tablig not very good.
might ask Y?
when some1 goes for 40 or 50 days who do u think will look after his kids and (wife especialy). people in basically repeate da same thing over and over. i think they very knowlesde about islam.

what would a husband do if he gets a scholarship to go abroad for higher studies?

sunny747
September 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
what would a husband do if he gets a scholarship to go abroad for higher studies?

Husband can atleast make a phone call to know about his family.........and can come back home in case of any emergency..........but in TJ, they wouldn't make any call back home, they wouldn't come back in any case.....well they wouldn't even know if his dearest wife is passed away..coz there is no way to contact them if they are in jamaat..............
useless post i know........sorry

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 03:26 AM
Husband can atleast make a phone call to know about his family.........and can come back home in case of any emergency..........but in TJ, they wouldn't make any call back home, they wouldn't come back in any case.....well they wouldn't even know if his dearest wife is passed away..coz there is no way to contact them if they are in jamaat..............

What good in a phone call if you are already thousands of miles away.
What meant to happen would happen anyhow, you cant prevent it.
You certainly wont stop your life worrying too much about the inevitable part of life, ie death.

I dont have a broader knowledge about Tablig Jamaat but i support the idea, for those who are willing.

I think the concept is to go out in God's Way ( Din'er pothe) for a few days while resisting the temptation of being close to one's most prized aspect, family and kids.
If you can do that in the name of Almighty Allah( offcourse with a true heart), Allah would return you the favour in the Day of Judgement. You go out to find more about Din, meet fellow muslims and come home with a broader knowledge and hopefully faith and passion about Islam. I see nothing wrong with it.

Isnt it the same thing as going on a conference to a different country/state/city where you meet the like-minded persons/professionals and exchange ideas and views. If that is a norm in our society, why cant a true believer of Allah cant go and do that same "conference" with fellow Muslims?

If you can go out on a fishing trip with your "buddies" over the weekend, cant you go for a "Islamic trip" for the same period? i guess its how you perceive things.

and talking about contacts with family? Even though I have not gone to any Tablig Jamat myself, i think you are allowed to carry phones and have contacts with your family. Also TJ is not only done over 40-50 days, u can also do 3 days, 5 days, a week or 41 days, i think.

I have seen people in Mecca and Medina during Hajj talking to loved ones on telephones and keeping in touch, so i assume they can do the same in TJ as well.
Yes, i have performed the Holy Hajj myself.

sadi
September 14, 2006, 08:50 AM
I guess its okay to do 3 day or 5 day Tablig. But when someone leaves his family for tablig, it is unacceptable. I am not an expert on this but I think according to islam, you are supposed to take care of your family first.

thebest
September 14, 2006, 10:16 AM
Im not an expert. But I think the mantra of Islam is [বাংলা]বৈরাগ্য সাধনে মুক্তি সে আমার নয়[/বাংলা]. I have doubt about those so called chilla. The bibliographies of RasulAllah (SA) that I read, only instance of leaving his (SA) family for ibadot is just before he (SA) got Ohi. I think same is also true for Sahebans (RA) in this regard. i just like to mention that you are not allowed to perform Hajj or mandatory for you even you fulfil all the criteria but one of your issue is marriagble. AFAIK that one is more Farj for you than performing Hajj - one of the five pillars of Islam.
Setting aside, this thread is whether joining Tabligh would be good for Ash. I think it would have positive impact on him unlike Anwar, Saqi or Mustaq. He would learn to concentrate , devoted to single cause, speak by act. If he could learn those in TJ and apply those we could find our Flintoff (intial failure, but proved critics wrong) otherwise he would remain poor man's Vinod Kambli.
Anyway, ASH should try this because this is the only civilised method remain for him.

Spitfire_x86
September 14, 2006, 10:29 AM
TJ is disliked by many people because many TJ members behave like zealots and frown upon people who aren't interested to follow them. If a doctor thinks that all non-medical professionals are moron, then surely that doctor is a pathetic individual.

Computers are my main interest. I like to get the 100% out of my PC. I care about every tiny details. I may like to encourage people to buy and use their PCs more efficiently. But can I expect everyone to share my interest? Or is it right for me to frown upon them? The are many people who have different main interests and don't care much about getting the best out of his PC. If these people can get their everyday work done properly with or without using their PC, then who am I to frown upon them?

It may not be 100% proper to compare a worldy interest with TJ's interests. But then again, I didn't bring up the scholar analogy.

Fazal
September 14, 2006, 10:46 AM
So what is the conclusion then? Is it good or bad for Ash? Should he go for the 4-5 days or 41 days chilla or should he go for the grand 1 yrs chilla?

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
So what is the conclusion then? Is it good or bad for Ash? Should he go for the 4-5 days or 41 days chilla or should he go for the grand 1 yrs chilla?

we will find out after the ICCCT Qualifiers mate.

Mridul
September 14, 2006, 11:31 AM

its not quite true. ...i dont know much about Bangladesh but here in North America you can contact your family while you are in jamaat...although it is not recommended as it might sometimes distract you...insha-Allah i'll shed some more light on this topic later on

Fazal
September 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
insha-Allah i'll shed some more light on this topic later on

Which topic? Ashraful or Jamaat? Or both?

Niceman70
September 14, 2006, 12:18 PM

its not true what you said because you can always make phone calls and be in touch whatever ways possible.

Ahmed_B
September 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
So what is the conclusion then?
The confusion is whether Ashraful's being with Sayeed Anwar for some time in Tabligh mosque for some cricket tips and Ashraful's 'joining Tabligh Jamaat with Sayeed Anwar' are the same thing or not.

There seems to be strong confusions about it since some people are seriously discussing whether Tabligh Jamaat can be good for cricket knowledge or not! :)

sunny747
September 15, 2006, 03:19 AM
I have seen people in Mecca and Medina during Hajj talking to loved ones on telephones and keeping in touch, so i assume they can do the same in TJ as well.
Yes, i have performed the Holy Hajj myself.

TAblig jamaat is banned in Saudi Arabia.......Hajj and going on jamaat is not the same thing........You wouldn't get visa if your purpose is jamaat in SAudi arabia....now you figure out why they banned it....anyway excess of everything is bad.......
Now if it helps Ash, then i really want him to go jamaat as long as it takes to get back his form. Look at 10dulker, he got back with a massive century. Really jealous of indians, i wish our Ash can do something like that.

pagol-chagol
September 15, 2006, 09:10 AM
TAblig jamaat is banned in Saudi Arabia.......Hajj and going on jamaat is not the same thing........You wouldn't get visa if your purpose is jamaat in SAudi arabia....now you figure out why they banned it....anyway excess of everything is bad.......
Now if it helps Ash, then i really want him to go jamaat as long as it takes to get back his form. Look at 10dulker, he got back with a massive century. Really jealous of indians, i wish our Ash can do something like that. The reason it's banned in Saudi isn't religion related, although they try to give religious justifications. The power structure is very careful about not letting people wake up and TJ have a way of bringing grass-root people together. As TJ expands throughout the world, which it inevitably will, look for think tanks of the west to start branding them with the boogy-man Dariwala's next geneartion. We'll have to live a couple of decades for that.

kalpurush
September 15, 2006, 10:20 PM
But who will do the legacy handling?

Mr. Anthony Mascarenhas, journalist and writer of Bangladess: A Legacy of Blood!:lol:

kalpurush
September 15, 2006, 10:56 PM
The reason it's banned in Saudi isn't religion related, although they try to give religious justifications. The power structure is very careful about not letting people wake up and TJ have a way of bringing grass-root people together. As TJ expands throughout the world, which it inevitably will, look for think tanks of the west to start branding them with the boogy-man Dariwala's next geneartion. We'll have to live a couple of decades for that.

I can already feel that!

RazabQ
September 15, 2006, 11:58 PM
this is becoming more and more a FC thread.

TheWatcher
September 16, 2006, 12:13 AM
this is becoming more and more a FC thread.
you mean this is a first class thread ?