PDA

View Full Version : The Hype about Board Name

Rubu
September 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
BCB
CB
BCCB

what is this all about? OK, final decision is BCB. But why does it even matter that people get happy or unhappy about the name?

BCCB এর মাজেজা টা কি?
CB এর মাজেজা টা কি?
BCB এর মাজেজা টা কি?

Can someone shed some light?

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2006, 04:11 PM
"B","C" are all poor grades. "A" is the one, we need to have. We need to replace these letters with AAAAs.

Fazal
September 13, 2006, 04:23 PM
Can someone shed some light?

Hmmm... look like all same to me. But if I have to guess, here is my guess:

CB: Chapa Baz
BCB: Beshi Chapa Baz
BCCB: Beshi Cothar Chapa Baz as well as "Beshi Control Control Bhab"

TheWatcher
September 13, 2006, 04:49 PM
I think if the name was changed, then Lobi could have made some money by selling out contracts for making new pads, banner, seals, etc. It is an election year, you know ;)

Rabz
September 13, 2006, 08:36 PM
nai kaj to khoi bhaj...
shalara kono tour manager korte parena..
boisha boisha naam niya huda kame tana tani

"A Rose by any other name...."
CB,BCB,BCCB,ABCD whatever u call it, our players are still gonna choke in the middle and Ash is still goin to give away his wicket... so whats the point?

SMHasan
September 13, 2006, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to open a thread about this and Rubu bhai you did it man!

Anyway, BCB proved how stupid they are by trying to going back to the old name of BCCB. Does anyone have any idea why they were trying to do this?

Hatebreed
September 13, 2006, 09:17 PM
I prefer BCB, simple and in the middle.

Tehsin
September 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
CB - Cricket Bangladesh
BCB - Bangladesh Cricket Board
BCCB - Bngladesh Cricket Control Board

As for if it matters? Fazal got it covered.

Tokyobreeze
September 13, 2006, 10:40 PM
নামে নয় কাজে পরিচয় ।

বোর্ড কাজের কাজ কিছু করে না, নাম নিয়ে জীবন দিয়ে দিলো । নাম ধুয়ে কি পানি খাবে?

ভাবে মনে হচ্ছে যে অষ্ট্রেলিয়ার আদলে নাম বানালেই টিম অষ্ট্রেলিয়ার মতো হয়ে যাবে । এইসব, অদ্ভুতুড়ে কাজকর্ম বাদ দিয়ে ট্যুর অ্যারেঞ্জ করার দিকে বোর্ড মন দিলে সবার জন্যই মঙ্গল ।

Thunder
September 13, 2006, 11:28 PM
instead of all these i suggest the name should be something like these:

We all know that JMB doesn't exist anymore. So, in memorial of them we may have

CMB: Cricket Management Board :D (The first ever terrorist cricket board where former terrorists can participate and join who are unemployed at the moment)

They can join in one condition that they can't blow up while they are batting, bowling and fielding or even in dressing rooms

It will refrain us from copying Cricket Australia (Coz we must be unique)
Also the oppostion players will think again before hitting the ball for a six.. howzzat!!!! ;)

babubangla
September 14, 2006, 12:37 AM
[বাংলা]
নাম নিয়ে এতোই যখন আমলাতান্ত্রিক রাজনীতি, তখন সব বাদ দিয়ে একটা আমলাতান্ত্রিক নাম রাখলে-ই হয়। যেমন ধরেনঃ
"বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট সম্প্রসারন অধিদপ্তর"।
[/বাংলা]

Shafin
September 14, 2006, 01:39 AM
BCB-Board of Crying Boys
[..edited..]

j/k

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 03:07 AM
BCB-Board of Crying Boys
[..edited..]

j/k

why just kidding mate?
its a good one,
[..edited..]
nice work mate!!

Ahmed_B
September 14, 2006, 05:28 AM
BCB
BCCB এর মাজেজা টা কি?
CB এর মাজেজা টা কি?
BCB এর মাজেজা টা কি?

:)
To understand the 'Majeja' of all these.. you have to first realize the 'Majeja' of BD politics... and how such a small issue becomes a BIG ego factor between the Cricket Board and the Ministry. There's a small report on today's Prothom Alo shading some light on the fight between BCB & The minister over this silly name issue. Trust me.... this is a very BIG (!) issue to them! ;)

TheWatcher
September 14, 2006, 07:09 AM
So, this is nothing but a personal duel between Lobi and Potol :down:

And all this time I was thinking they wanted to change the name so not to be confused with Bermuda Cricket Board !!!

sadi
September 14, 2006, 08:06 AM
I failed to understand whats the big deal. I mean nam niya eto kannakati kore ki lav... I guess it was a slap in the face for lobby since this name was suggested by Saber...

Fazal
September 14, 2006, 10:48 AM
Whatever they comeup with, I hope its not BCCB (Bngladesh Cricket Control Board)... too much control control bhab.

rudro
September 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
Hmmm... look like all same to me. But if I have to guess, here is my guess:

CB: Chapa Baz
BCB: Beshi Chapa Baz
BCCB: Beshi Cothar Chapa Baz as well as "Beshi Control Control Bhab"
I agree. If you want to follow CA, don't follow their name; follow their training, their game!

BCB is close to ECB, PCB (I hate both, you know why!)
BCCB is close to BCCI (I don't like that either and as Fazal said, beshi control control)
CB is close to CA (If you can't come up with something unique, I could digest it).