PDA

View Full Version : At last Ponting gets some return on his behavior

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ponting was fined his entire match fee for the recent game against WI.

The umpires need to clear up the mess Ponting, big mouth Warne, and similar veterans does on the field. These players cry, howl almost at every call that does not go in their favor. This puts tremendous pressure on every umpire. This should be stopped once for all. Good going Mr. Board (match referee).

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/dlfcup/content/current/story/259346.html

Miraz
September 13, 2006, 12:19 PM
Oh!! I thought some intersting information about our beloved Tigers_eye bhai :)

On subject note,

Ponting escaped many such occasions before. The offense he committed during BD tour was even worse but he escaped with minimal punishment.

Yameen
September 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
best news ive heard all day

akabir77
September 13, 2006, 01:33 PM
excellent news. Pointing thought he could pass it every time but his team mate hair made board tuff enough to call it this time and I agree in chitagong he should have been ban for at least one test after what he did.

Sauron
September 14, 2006, 10:57 AM
Remember the 2nd test in Chittagong where Ponting forced the umpires to reconsider the 3rd umpire's decision and caused us a wicket? ... well he did it again, and this time he got some "recognition" ...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20413567-2722,00.html
and
http://www.cricketzone.com/news/stories/20060914-0.html

PS - I have not been visiting this forum very regularly in recent times. So apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, and mods pls delete this thread in that case.

Tigers_eye
September 14, 2006, 11:01 AM

PS - I have not been visiting this forum very regularly in recent times. So apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, and mods pls delete this thread in that case.
Deserting us for no reason. Go visit the following thread. :) Nice to see you back.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17448

Merge please.

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 11:07 AM
nice to see you back bro, welcome back.

BagherBacha
September 14, 2006, 01:09 PM
ponting ekta chor

Tokyobreeze
September 14, 2006, 02:27 PM
Australian whole team (Gilchrist excluded) need to learn how to behave gently.They just think that they are something superior.Always throwing nasty sledging and stuff.Ponting has been treated right.He should be punished strictly if same thing happens again.

Hatebreed
September 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
Excellent news! Let's hope this taught him the lesson :D

rakib28
September 14, 2006, 04:25 PM
I think fining the match fee is not enough punishment for this guy, because he has a reputation of arguing with umpires and opposite team members. ICC should take harder steps by banning him for couple of mathces. And that will teach the whole Aussie team a lesson. Arrogant [edited]!!!!!

Rabz
September 14, 2006, 11:39 PM
I think fining the match fee is not enough punishment for this guy, because he has a reputation of arguing with umpires and opposite team members. ICC should take harder steps by banning him for couple of mathces. And that will teach the whole Aussie team a lesson. Arrogant [edited]!!!!!

Banning him for couple of matches?? Why??
ICC have a very strict guidelines regarding this behaviours and they have handed him the appropriate punishment. First strike, he got 50% match fee, Second one, he got whole match fee cut. On the THIRD STRIKE( within a 12 month calender period), he will be subjected to ban for 1 test match or 2 ODI, depending on the verdict of the umpire and match referee.

ICC has already taken the right steps and there is no point for them to go overboard. Also Ponting apologised for the incident and took the whole blame upon himself. So i cant see why there will be any further issue regarding the incident??
Yes, his style of captaincy might be aggressive, but its been working good for them. They have winning matches, so why change?

And who u calling the arrogant ******. Is it this Australian team that has been the World Champions for last 7 years? the same team that is being cosidered as one of the greatest team to ever play the game of cricket? the same team that has been almost near-unbeatable for past few years? the same team that has won both home and away series against almost every single countries (except Ashes last June)?
the same team that has got the one of the greatest spinner ever and the leading wicket taker? the same team that got one of the greatest fast bowler ever? one of the greatest batsmen-wicketkeeper ever?

I guess its just natural to be a bit arrogant and bossy on the field if you had put on that green and gold jersey right now. WI back in the 80's were the same. Only difference was back then there wasnt this huge media coverage to put them on spotlight.

and you talking about sledging? its not their fault if they are good at it! every single country does it, its just that the Aussies are doing a better job and you should give them a credit for it! if it was an illegal thing to do, than you could have blamed but its not, so learn to live with it or teach other how to sledge.

Mate, mind you, this guys are true professionals. they are not arrogant. because they have a world champs and over the top for so many years now, they have a body language that intidimates others and thats where it makes the difference.

Did you watch the last game between Aus-WI? See how they came back from behind and won the game. its all about habit and believing in yourself. they are the world champs and they know they can do it. And they DID!!

thats the difference between them and the rest of the world.

Stumped
September 14, 2006, 11:44 PM

I second that! ha ha

CricFanBD
September 15, 2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah Definitely, After another Defeat against Australia, as a WI's fan I was very upset. This news just touched my heart and trembled my whole body for a while. :D

Hatebreed
September 15, 2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah Definitely, After another Defeat against Australia, as a WI's fan I was very upset. This news just touched my heart and trembled my whole body for a while. :D

I suppose ban would mean CLIMAAAAX! :D

Rabz
September 15, 2006, 01:42 AM
I suppose ban would mean CLIMAAAAX! :D

now this time, we didnt really need to know that!!:D :D

Hatebreed
September 15, 2006, 02:28 AM
now this time, we didnt really need to know that!!:D :D

C'mon it's more subtle than actually describing your early morning desires! :lol:

rakib28
September 15, 2006, 03:16 PM
Banning him for couple of matches?? Why??
ICC have a very strict guidelines regarding this behaviours and they have handed him the appropriate punishment. First strike, he got 50% match fee, Second one, he got whole match fee cut. On the THIRD STRIKE( within a 12 month calender period), he will be subjected to ban for 1 test match or 2 ODI, depending on the verdict of the umpire and match referee.

My problem is he is doing it frequently and he got punished only twice. Umpires decision goes against all the other teams too, but I don't see any other captains creating the same sort of pressure on the umpires like Ponting and the Aussies does. If everyone else has a sporting mentality, why cant' the aussies have it too...why always go overboard?

And who u calling the arrogant ******. Is it this Australian team that has been the World Champions for last 7 years?

The reason I called them arrogant b/c that's what they are. In cricket, any other country don't have a great wining streak record like Aussies have currently...but in soccer we have Brazil who have played 3 finals out of 4 in Fifa world cup and won 2 of them. I don't see them being so disrespectful to other teams on & off the field like the Aussies do in Cricket. Being great also means being an example. An example can't only mean great skills or team unity....it should also reflect good behavior and proper respect to the other teams.

the same team that has got the one of the greatest spinner ever and the leading wicket taker? the same team that got one of the greatest fast bowler ever? one of the greatest batsmen-wicketkeeper ever?

Yeah they do have them but so does the other teams. Remember, Pakistan had the 2 W's, Saqlain Mustaq and Mustaq Ahmed (these 2 spinners r not as great as Shane Warne, but they are considered assests for any team); I don't recall Pakis to go overboard. Srilanka has the greatest spinner of all time with Vaas, Malinga, Jayawardane & Sangakara on the side, and they are one of the most deceplined and well behaved team in the world. Even when they won the WC in 96 and after that they were playing almost invincible (like the Aussies now), their head was still on the ground. I remember it was the Aussies (Umpires, media & politicians) who played a dirty game to call Murali a Chucker and destroyed the momentum of the SRL team.

The Aus is also not completely invincible. Remember, they lost the record run odi match against SAF and the Ashes against Eng. They almost had a hickup against us.

and you talking about sledging? its not their fault if they are good at it! every single country does it, its just that the Aussies are doing a better job and you should give them a credit for it! if it was an illegal thing to do, than you could have blamed but its not, so learn to live with it or teach other how to sledge.

Sledging is ok to some extent.....not like the aussies who brings race and color in the game. That's why the umpires r constantly communicating with the bowlers and the captains.....don't think they let it go by saying, "Oh yeah it's ok to sledge! If u want to get even, learn the art of Sledging!"

Did you watch the last game between Aus-WI? See how they came back from behind and won the game. its all about habit and believing in yourself. they are the world champs and they know they can do it. And they DID!!

Yeah I've seen the match and I know when world #1 plays against #8, things of that nature can happen. I don't expect the same scenario when Aus will play against Ind. I have no doubt that Aus is the current best team in the world, but that doesn't give them the green signal to do what ever they feel like doing. You talked about the 80's WI and look at them now. Nobody stays on the top forever. The sooner Aussies and their Fans learn it, the better it will be for them. ;)

SMHasan
September 16, 2006, 09:24 PM
[বাংলা]পন্টিং ব্যাটা যখন আমাদের বিরুদ্ধে কথাবার্তা বলছিল তখন আমার ইচ্ছা হচ্ছিল তার হাত পা সব ভেঙ্গে পেটের ভেতর ঢুকিয়ে দেই। শালার বাচ্চা শুধু শুধু বেশি কথা বলে। আর হলো আমাদের ইংলিশ বাবুরা, তাদের তো আবার নাক বেশ উচু, অন্যদের ক্রিকেট খেলতে দেখলে তাদের শরীরে আগুন জ্বলে। পশ্চাদ্দেশে লাথি মারা উচিত এদের।[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
September 18, 2006, 08:38 AM
rakib28 bhai,
If Bangladesh was as dominant as Australian Cricket team in any sports, millitary power, riches etc. We would be 10 times more arrogant than what they are, I garantee it. When one reaches certain height in any field, arrogancy is bound to set in them if they are not in the right path. Don't be so harsh on the Aussies. Mercy!!

Rabz
September 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
My problem is he is doing it frequently and he got punished only twice. Umpires decision goes against all the other teams too, but I don't see any other captains creating the same sort of pressure on the umpires like Ponting and the Aussies does. If everyone else has a sporting mentality, why cant' the aussies have it too...why always go overboard?

Can you please mention the other "frequent" times when he went overboard?
Please dont just write from your emotions, as it might cloud your judgement.
There is a governing body called ICC, who monitors every single game and every single incidents, via their representatives, ie, the match referee and umpires.

Also with the intense presence of international media, i have certainly failed to see when Ponting, or any other player for that matter, has got away with anything they did that was outside the rulebooks.

And how are they going overboard? And creating pressure? i like to call it wanting to win. Mind you, this is professsional game. They are expected to win and the burden of being the "undisputed" best team in the world is not that simple my friend.

The reason I called them arrogant b/c that's what they are. In cricket, any other country don't have a great wining streak record like Aussies have currently...but in soccer we have Brazil who have played 3 finals out of 4 in Fifa world cup and won 2 of them. I don't see them being so disrespectful to other teams on & off the field like the Aussies do in Cricket. Being great also means being an example. An example can't only mean great skills or team unity....it should also reflect good behavior and proper respect to the other teams.

Dont get me wrong bro, I am one of the biggest supporters of Brazil too, just go and check the World Cup Soccer Archive if you need to validate my statement.

But Brazil's dominance is nowhere near compared to Australia's in cricket or may be in other team sports in the world, to my knowledge (except may be sports like Basketball, baseball or ice hockey which i hv limited access or interest).They have also won awards for being the best sporting team in the world in past couple of years, and that was not just in cricket, but in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!

Mind you, Brazil won 2 of last 4 world cups. so far they have won 5 world cups out of 18. Whereas, Australia has played 4 out of last 5 wc finals( 87, 96, 99, 03), winning 3 of them, twice in a row, being the world champs for last 7 years now!! As much as i would have loved to, Brazil hasnt been that much invincible as much as Australia is currently in world cricket.

Aussies have a great sporting culture, both on and off the field, and that is the reason they are the best and number ONE in the world. And when were they so disrespectful to other teams off the field?

Mind you its the Aussies, even being the number One by far, has already played against us, both in home and away series, and has been directly helping in the developement of our cricket since the day 1 we got the test status. we have exchange programmes where young Tigers come and practise in Commonwealth Cricket Academy, we have programmes where players like Mehrab Jnr played in Darwin league ( equivalent of Rainhill for Ash).

How come they being disrectful??

If Aussies are disrectful, what would you call the Indians when their officials publicly expressing their intentions not to host countries like BD or Zim and says we would only get food allowance if we visit them?

Yeah they do have them but so does the other teams. Remember, Pakistan had the 2 W's, Saqlain Mustaq and Mustaq Ahmed (these 2 spinners r not as great as Shane Warne, but they are considered assests for any team); I don't recall Pakis to go overboard. Srilanka has the greatest spinner of all time with Vaas, Malinga, Jayawardane & Sangakara on the side, and they are one of the most deceplined and well behaved team in the world. Even when they won the WC in 96 and after that they were playing almost invincible (like the Aussies now), their head was still on the ground. I remember it was the Aussies (Umpires, media & politicians) who played a dirty game to call Murali a Chucker and destroyed the momentum of the SRL team.

Considered assets, and being the best ever in the world is NOT THE SAME THING!!
Ashraful is an invaluable asset for our team, would u go and compare him with Ponting? And for that matter, plz also dont use Jawawardene for the comparison. He is good, but has long way to go before being compared with the likes of Ponting.

and McGrath and Malinga ? C'mon....

The Aus is also not completely invincible. Remember, they lost the record run odi match against SAF and the Ashes against Eng. They almost had a hickup against us.

Loosing Ashes after 18 years?? Id say its about time England won something. Orelse seriously, trust me, Ashes was loosing its value in terms of its credibility.
And that was probably the first series Australia has lost in last few years.!!

ALMOST? Please mate, dont use them. Almost, if, but, might, should, could DOES NOT really count. History would look back at that series as Australia won 2-0. We "almost" won our first test match against pakistan in multan back in 2003. do you see newspapers/reports/articles mentioning them when they say BD's record as winning only 1 test match out of 41 they have played so far.( hope 41 is the right number, cant remember exactly)

Sledging is ok to some extent.....not like the aussies who brings race and color in the game. That's why the umpires r constantly communicating with the bowlers and the captains.....don't think they let it go by saying, "Oh yeah it's ok to sledge! If u want to get even, learn the art of Sledging!"

Again, race and colour? Please name an incident.
If you referring to the last South African tour Down Under where some spectators called the SA players "kaffir", for the record, it was said by some South African expat who now lives in Australia. It was very well reported, documented and investigated incident, and im not making it up. im referring to the news following the incidents.

So, how come is it Aussies fault?

It wont be possible for an West Indian local to know what a "Rajakar" means, would it? And if you are saying that local had gone out of his way to find that out in case he gets the opportunity to say so to a BD players on the chances of him passing the BD players by, that is really far stretching your imagination.

Yeah I've seen the match and I know when world #1 plays against #8, things of that nature can happen. I don't expect the same scenario when Aus will play against Ind. I have no doubt that Aus is the current best team in the world, but that doesn't give them the green signal to do what ever they feel like doing. You talked about the 80's WI and look at them now. Nobody stays on the top forever. The sooner Aussies and their Fans learn it, the better it will be for them. ;)

Mate between 1-8 in the ICC table, any of those teams have the ability to beat each others any given day. so those rating are just mere formalities and means very little.

Oh, seems like your expectation didnt really meet the reality. Too bad rain saved India from a great humiliation the other day when they were trailing 35-5!!

They are the best team in the world but at the same time they are also subjected to rules and regulations set out by ICC, and i see them certainly abiding by the rules.

No body stays at the top, thats for sure. But while u do, make the most of it.
Make hay while the sun shines.!!

You may not like Australia and thier success in world cricket, fair enough. But plz dont go and accuse them with only your heart backing your claims.

Take it easy.

sadi
September 18, 2006, 11:08 AM
I don't want to get into the debate but just want to mention thats not the first time Ponting did it. He did it against England in Ashes when he got out giving a catch to a substitute fielder. These kind of act should be punished and not encouraged doesn't matter what country you live in and root for.

nobody
September 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
O that is an eye wash. After Hare incident ICC is showing that they are tough, they are neutral. Otherwise how the fat boy still playing after admitting that he has contact with book makers while Azzu and Malik's career is destroyed by the BCCIand PCB without any concrete proof and Akram was regulerly haunted by media.
The worst kind of disrespect for umpire shown by Slatter after ICC introduced Match referry. During the famous 'Chennai' test in 2001, Slatter came face to face to Dravid, after umpire denied an appeal to snick. He was positioned in Cover. What he got as punishment nothing.

Stumped
September 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
And who u calling the arrogant ******. Is it this Australian team that has been the World Champions for last 7 years? the same team that is being cosidered as one of the greatest team to ever play the game of cricket? the same team that has been almost near-unbeatable for past few years? the same team that has won both home and away series against almost every single countries (except Ashes last June)? the same team that has got the one of the greatest spinner ever and the leading wicket taker? the same team that got one of the greatest fast bowler ever? one of the greatest batsmen-wicketkeeper ever?

Who cares if they have been champions for 7 years... one day they will start to flop(one i predict is not too far away) and what a role model they have as the world's best spinner! Mummy i wanna grow up just like Shane Warne... great! It is possible to beat them but its a mind over matter thing. Everyone fears them because they have done well and have maintained the mental advantage over many of the other teams. Hmm they may have good fast bowlers and a great wicket keeper, but there are just as good ones in other teams. They are just more spoken about because its(wait for it... bow down to them) AUSTRALIA...

Ha ha... they are not the best at it... they don't do it properly! They always get caught saying something stupid at the wrong times and get in trouble for it... If they were smart about it they would be able to say things with out camera's and mic's picking up on it! Feet are a great tool at the stumps when needed to cover things up! ha ha

Mate, mind you, this guys are true professionals. they are not arrogant. because they have a world champs and over the top for so many years now, they have a body language that intidimates others and thats where it makes the difference.

Sorry but they are arrogant. Im not going into detail bout that one... Hmmm the world cup is only every 4 years so of course they are going to be world champs for many years... don't count the years count the number of times they won the cup! To me the world cup win is a great thing but id rather look at the overall performance over the year or be it 4 years... It makes more sense i think. You could have an off day or be without a key player and loose the world cup but if your wins have increased and your players are improving thats what is the important thing... right?!