PDA

View Full Version : CT Te Mashrafe Onischit

mac
September 16, 2006, 05:08 AM
Amarder nobo bibahito norail express mashrafe mortaza siri hote namte giye pa mochkaisen, ai jonno tar CT te participation onischit.(according to ntv)
mash er dui din por por ki hoi????

Miraz
September 16, 2006, 05:17 AM
Oh No!!!

That's a real bad news for us. I hope he will make it. Without him our chance of qualifying will be very low.

Tokyobreeze
September 16, 2006, 06:17 AM
That's not just a bad news.That's a very very bad news.We all love Mash, but his carelessness really hurts sometimes.Hope he recovers timely to fire in CT.

Yameen
September 16, 2006, 06:58 AM
what happened? can u put that in ingrizi please? is he injured or something?

Sovik
September 16, 2006, 07:30 AM
first rasel and now mashrafee.

thebest
September 16, 2006, 08:16 AM
From tigercricket it seems that he would be ok. Nothing to worry about. He could play even in the practice match.
“He has suffered a moderate sprain on his right ankle but I am very confident that he will be able to resume training in 7-10 days time,” practice match is on 23rd and 25th and they would fly on 1st of oct.
Detail (http://http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=194)

sar2005
September 16, 2006, 10:20 AM
Bechara matro bia korlo. Koek din 'sick out of action' to thakbo e.
He will deffinitely return on time, inshallah!

LateCut
September 16, 2006, 11:06 AM
I have a nagging suspicion that he just wanted to stay home with his newly wed wife. I know I would have faked an injury under similar circumstances.

SMHasan
September 16, 2006, 11:08 AM
National cricketers should be more careful about their lifestyle. Recent incidents indicates that they are doing some rough works like driving the motorbyke and the most recent one is this injury by Mash. Quite irresponsible.

al Furqaan
September 16, 2006, 02:42 PM
freak accidents can happen, so im not gonna blame mash for this (tho he has terrible luck, didnt he sprain an ankle by stepping on a cricket ball during practice in the middle of WC03???)

but riding a motorcycle is unforgiveable

LateCut
September 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
freak accidents can happen, so im not gonna blame mash for this (tho he has terrible luck, didnt he sprain an ankle by stepping on a cricket ball during practice in the middle of WC03???)

Glen McGarth did that too in the last ashes. It seems that great pacers are apt to be little fragile.

oracle
September 16, 2006, 05:32 PM
I don't think it is super serious but he will miss preparation matches for sure.

Rubu
September 16, 2006, 08:41 PM
it does not matter actually. mashrafee or not, we do not stand a chance in CT. as long as his injury is not serious, it does not matter if he stays out of the field for CT.

SMHasan
September 16, 2006, 09:00 PM

but riding a motorcycle is unforgiveable

I still can remember during the WC '03 Mash had a habit of stopping the ball by his feet rather than lowing himself down (some comentators mentioned this as well in that WC, saying that it is really a serious mater for a pacer and told not to do it again). And in the end he suffered the same fate when he was injured in the biggest tournament of the game.

AsifTheManRahman
September 16, 2006, 11:37 PM
I know I would have faked an injury under similar circumstances.

which is why, among other reasons, he is in the national team whereas you never made it that far ;):p

Hatebreed
September 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
Sprained ankle isn't that bad, he'll recover soon.

catstrophy
September 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
ai hai re, allah ki hoibo, shesh shob shesh...... jai kandi ga

Tehsin
September 17, 2006, 01:05 AM
He might be out for the first practice match, should be back for the second match. Hopefully he'll manage to stay away from "accidents" atleast until the world cup is over.

mhferdaus
September 17, 2006, 02:07 AM
hmm, if he goes out again i guess we would have to bring back tapos ... and hope that he would not produce nightmarish games like that in 2005 vs england :(

Fortuner
September 17, 2006, 04:47 AM
Reall sad news coz already Rasel injured and now he is injured. F*** it means the management mite bring Taposh, ughhhh. I hope they dont bring him. Better Rajib and some under 19 fella...No way Taposh...I dont wana seem get thrashed in the Indian pitches.....n we do bakwas bowling....

Ubiquitous
September 17, 2006, 09:31 AM
Here's a DS account of the story:

Costly carelessness (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/17/d60917040229.htm)

Polapainer arektu shabdhan howa uchit...

arafath79
September 17, 2006, 12:22 PM
may be they will call Shanto or Sharif this time !!!

O no Mashrafe !!! :(

Sillypoint
September 17, 2006, 02:25 PM
These guys should be put under protective custody -

No Taposh please ---

al Furqaan
September 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
He might be out for the first practice match, should be back for the second match. Hopefully he'll manage to stay away from "accidents" atleast until the world cup is over.

tehsin bhai, ekto beshi bolefellen na? world cup er pore kano...career shesh korar porjonto i dont wanna hear the words "mashrafee" and "injury" in the same paragraph.

kalpurush
September 17, 2006, 10:03 PM
tehsin bhai, ekto beshi bolefellen na? world cup er pore kano...career shesh korar porjonto i dont wanna hear the words "mashrafee" and "injury" in the same paragraph.

Bhai, apatoto nahoy Tehsin bhai'r aashata-e puron hok! Aami aalpotey khushi!!:D

nsd3
September 18, 2006, 05:22 AM
If u want to take it positively, mash won't be available to give away loads of runs during the closing overs.

Sovik
September 18, 2006, 06:08 AM
any good news?

Rabz
September 18, 2006, 07:46 AM
If u want to take it positively, mash won't be available to give away loads of runs during the closing overs.

c'mon mate, as if all our other bowlers are highly economical.:p
off all the points you could mention, you had to mention the worst one!!

who knows, may be this "accidental slip" is a wishfull thinking from Mrs Mashrafee.
Looks like she is already getting things her way!!:D :D :D

rudro
September 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
Such as (? :) ):
Although Basher broke his thumb from the accident, Mashrafee was not injured at all.
Rasel might not recover from his injury before CT but Mashrafee is certain to be back before the practice match!

Xavier
September 18, 2006, 10:10 AM
Interesting article from cricinfo on pacers-injuries and openers-dilemma:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/259846.html

Mehrab Hossain jr to be new Bangladesh opener with Shariar Nafees?

Mahir
September 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
Although Mashrafee's version of the accident was pretty simple, many feel that it could not have occurred had his family members restrained him from embarking on the stupid venture of carrying 'two luggages' of his father's'.
DS News link : http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/17/d60917040229.htm (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/17/d60917040229.htm)

So that is the supposed reason behind Mashrafe's freak injury! Well, our most favourite Tiger sure can freak people out! If it's indeed true, then we may not just count out possible occurances of similar accidents in the future. Mashrafe's youthful exuberance, if he continues with it, will definitely be quite costly for the national team, and for the fans alike.