PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

pilot fan
September 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
its disgracefull we should be organising practise games before a big tornamant to give our boys some practise even if it is against a local team

nearly all the other countries are in action, it is poor organsation of the board, we should invite teams like holland and irland over for games, we could put our selves amoungst the big boys if we qualify and the bcb are not showing any urgency or ambition.

kalpurush
September 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
Isn't too much you are asking for from BCB?! For sure it's a shame and disgracefull to watch our team struggling with fitness and there is no practice match at all!! Without practice it would be very difficult for our team to do well in CT. I wonder what the BCB officials do during the office hours?:confused:

Fazal
September 19, 2006, 12:51 PM
Isn't too much you are asking for from BCB?! For sure it's a shame and disgracefull to watch our team struggling with fitness and there is no practice match at all!!

Why you are saying there is no practice matchs. It all depends how you see it and where is your goal post.

I think they are going to have pretty good practice matches agains SL, WI, and ZIM before their real fight, that is ODI series against ZIM at home.

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2006, 12:59 PM
Whats wrong with Pilot Fan?
We are in a 4 game winning streak. Why bring Holland, Ireland now jeopardize that stat? Isn't it better to enter the CT tournament with a 4 game winning streak? Read Fazal's signature. Other than us only SL can claim that.

How about a 3 game series between the A team and the national team? This will not be recorded and thus our team will still have a winning note no matter what happnes in that series.

cricman
September 19, 2006, 02:04 PM
We are playing practice matches!

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/17/d60917040229.htm

"I don't think there will be any problems for him to play in the Champions Trophy. The only concern is that his preparation for the competition could be significantly hampered as he is likely to miss at least the first of the two practice matches," said Close.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=200685

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=467 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>Lanka, Bangladesh to play in Chandigarh</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3 height=10></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>Express News Service (http://www.expressindia.com/about/feedback.html)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3 height=10></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>Chandigargh, September 9: SRI Lanka and Bangladesh cricket teams will be playing practice matches against Punjab Cricket Association XI (PCA) on October 4 and 5 at the Sector 16 Cricket Stadium. The practice games will be played to help both Sri Lanka and Bangladesh prepare for the ICC Champions Trophy matches to be played at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium, Mohali.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

very old news

pilot fan
September 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
good idea a tournamant against the A team would be good

india have a compertation lined up before the trophy to play an india a team and an india b team

now that is good preperation

Tokyobreeze
September 19, 2006, 09:24 PM
Actually it is not the case that we don't have any practice match.We have two practice match scheduled against Academy Team.But, of course the more the merrier.Though considering the pace of BCB, I am in doubt that they can organize anything new within this time.

kalpurush
September 20, 2006, 01:53 AM
Why you are saying there is no practice matchs. It all depends how you see it and where is your goal post.

I think they are going to have pretty good practice matches agains SL, WI, and ZIM before their real fight, that is ODI series against ZIM at home.

Bhai...aapni boroy rosik - seta jani! Tobe...aapner edaning kaler performance "Bhanu"-k o chariye jache!! We are lucky we have you in BC!!!:D

jabbar
September 20, 2006, 02:55 AM
pilot fan, do the research before bleating on the forums. :mad::head:

al Furqaan
September 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
we could have invited NZ they arent doing s**t right now...coupled with BCB not gettin anything from their new TV "deal"...i think we need to do a coup d etat Thai style against the BCB. even our miltary could perhaps do a better job running the cricket machine

Fazal
September 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
BCB selects teams for practice ties
Sports Reporter (Daily Star)

Bangladesh Cricket Board yesterday named the two teams that will play two practice matches as part the national team's preparation for next month's ICC Champions Trophy in India.

The two practice matches will be held at the Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan (BKSP) on September 23 and 25.
Tigers captain Habibul Bashar will lead Team A, the virtual final squad for the mini World Cup of cricket, sans his top pace bowlers Mashrafee Bin Mortuza and Syed Rasel. Both the quicks have been rested due to injury. Tushar Imran will captain Team B, featuring only one player from the India bound side in debutant Mehrab Hossain Jr and mostly, national discards and the up and coming cricketers. National team's latest out-of-favour opener Javed Omar, however, failed to make either side.

Team A: Habibul Bashar (captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib Al Hasan, Farhad Reza, Nadif Chowdhury, Khaled Mashud, Mohammad Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Ziaur Rahman, Shahadat Hossain Rajib and Shafaq Al Jabir.

Team B: Tushar Imran (captain), Rajin Saleh, Nazmus Sadat, Jahirul Islam, Mehrab Hossain Jr, Manzarul Islam Rana, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tapash Baisya, Enamul Haque Jr, Nazmul Hossain, Mahmudullah Riyad, Dollar Mahmud and Uttam Sarkar.
--- [Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/21/d60921040428.htm)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Too bad ... I would rather like to see Razzak, Sakib, Farhad in team B and Rajin, Tapash, and Enamul in team A.

al Furqaan
September 20, 2006, 10:39 PM
National team's latest out-of-favour opener Javed Omar, however, failed to make either side.

this is the biggest news out of bangladesh since we beat australia. JO didnt even make the rejects team...this means selectors have literally nailed the coffin of his career.

good to put mehrab against our 1st string team...but w/out mash and rasel the bowling attack might inflate his batting stats. still im pleased

Rabz
September 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
I would have liked to see Shahriar Nafees as the captain of the "B" team.
If we are grooming him up as the future captain and as the current VC of the national team, he should be given more chances to polish his leadership skills and the practise match with the fellow team mates should have been the perfect opportunity.

Otherwise, the team looks fine.
yes, funny to see JO didnt make the cut. Indeed the final nail in his coffin for him, at least in the ODI.

RazabQ
September 21, 2006, 03:23 AM
most likely they want to test the Ash & Shahrian Nafis opening pair - hence they kept them in the A-team

sadi
September 21, 2006, 08:19 AM
I guess what they are trying to do is to put the best lineup against the rest and thats why Shahriar Nafees is on the A team... Good to see Javed not making any side.... Really looking forward to see how young guys do in these practice matches specially Sakib, Mehrab and Musfiq... also hopefully Ash will score some runs in the opening slot....

rudro
September 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
Another BCB strategy for these matches is to create a hype. If the national team can pound the young academy team, it will boost their confidence, for sure.

Why Tushar captains any sort of team? Does he have a better prospect to become a captain than Mehrab or Mushfiq?

Sam
September 21, 2006, 08:45 AM
I think we are over-reacting on any issue and jumping to pessimistic conclusions

Tigers_eye
September 21, 2006, 08:57 AM
In these two matches there shouldn't be any toss. In one game Team A should bat first and the other game Team A should bat second. that way they test all their strategies.
Fazal bhai,
Why do want Farhad-Sakib-Razzaq in the other team? Do you want the national side to lose before they make the trip?

Fazal
September 21, 2006, 09:40 AM
Fazal bhai,
Why do want Farhad-Sakib-Razzaq in the other team? Do you want the national side to lose before they make the trip?

Tiger Bhaiyaa , you have a very good investigative eye to notice that. :D

Yes I want the national team with all buira player loose the game against the new-blood to prove that by brnging these young blood in the national team is not too early, they are better and they are prepared. May be that will open opportunity to play in the "national 11" for Mehrab and Co. in a regular basis sooner than some people's comfort level.

In my opinion, some people still under estimate the current contribution of Razzak and Co. and over estimate the current contribution of some of the old superstars (in terms of their experience in the national team).

TheWatcher
September 21, 2006, 04:47 PM
So no one else is surprised not to find Kapali in any of the teams !!! I mean he is, atleast, good A-team material.

RazabQ
September 21, 2006, 07:44 PM
Yes I want the national team with all buira player loose the game against the new-blood to prove that by brnging these young blood in the national team is not too early.If Fazal followed American football, he'd be the type of fan who always scream fir the #2 QB to come in :) :)

Fazal
September 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
If Fazal followed American football, he'd be the type of fan who always scream fir the #2 QB to come in :) :)
:D there are more bad news for buira players... they are comming sooner than later ....either produce or else khel khotom... just look at today's article (old news reprinted) in the newAgeBD (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)...

Here are some of the highlights:

Instead of commenting on whether the present crop of Sri Lankan youngsters could eventually replace the likes of Sanath Jayasuriya, Muttiah Muralitharan or Chaminda Vaas once these greats retired from the game, Warnakulasuriya (SriLankan u-19 couch) was more inclined to share his views on the current under-19 squad during a conversation with this correspondent in the run-up to the meet. 'I see a bright future ahead for Bangladesh cricket in this under-19 team. They are really impressive,' said the Sri Lankan.
Not surprisingly, others too speak highly of the Under-19s. They include his compatriot Carlton Barmudus, Australian Richard McInnes, Shaun Williams, Alistair de Winter and local coach Sarwar Imran, Nazmul Abedin, Abdul Hadi Ratan. According to them the team is now taking shaping nicely after many long hours of hard work and tears. In fact, this is the only team in the history of Bangladesh cricket, which has been preparing and playing together for the last 4-5 years. Barring two exceptions, most of the boys had been picked for the side before they became a teenager. Spinner Nabil Samad and pace bowler Kazi Kamrul Islam are the only two players who had been inducted in the team. Nabil proved his worth playing first-class cricket for Sylhet and Dhaka Premier League for different clubs......

He(Kamrul) is joined by some exiting stroke-makers Tamim Iqbal, Sakib Al Hasan, Roqibul Hasan, Shamsur Rahman, Mehrab Hossain and a few brilliant all-rounders like Sohrawardi Shuvo, Sirazullah Khadem and Israq Sonet.

It maybe premature to expect this group of Bangladeshi players to stand up and be counted against the world's best but Alistair de Winter, the Australian coach of the Bangladesh Under-19 team, believes it is only a matter of time.
'Our team has the ability to take on any team in the world. If they can continue the momentum and work hard, I don't find any reason why they won't be able to take Bangladesh among the top six cricketing nations,' he said after a practice session at Mirpur Stadium, the new home of Bangladesh cricket.

autoyeb.... unara ashtechen....unader peyer awaz pawa jai...buira player-ra sotorko hon.... noiley ar rokhha nai.

RazabQ
September 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
Fazal - Now that JO is gone, besides Bashar, Rafique and Pilot - who exactly in our team is "buira"? Ash, Mash, Rasel, Razzak, Rajin ( I intentionally excluded the U-19 pipeline gang) are all in their early to mid 20s. And of the 3 buiras I mention, Pilot is the only non-performer of late. So are you really after "buiras"? No you are just after incumbents (regardless of age). And what have these U-19 boys won? The have peformed creditably in age-group cricket but everyone knows that age-group cricket is a 50/50 proposition. Half of 'em amount to something the other half fade away (If you don't believe me, compare rosters for teams for the last few U-19 tourneys and fine what % of the names are familiar now)

Hence I stand by my categorization that if you were at an NFL game - you'd be screaming for the #2 after the first two 3-and-outs. :-) :)

BTW, this is obviously my view as an indiv member and not as a moderator. I seem to recall you took offense the last time we had a debate of this nature and Sham & I had ganged up on you :)

thebest
September 22, 2006, 06:01 AM
Razab Bhai,
I think when Fazal say 'buira' it does not necessarily mean by age. For me the 'buira' are the experienced one. That include Ash (I do not see any future for him after 2007 WC), Aftab, Rajin. You missed the important quote by Fazal "only team in the history of Bangladesh cricket, which has been preparing and playing together for the last 4-5 years. Barring two exceptions, most of the boys had been picked for the side before they became a teenager."
I (Fazal also) understand lots of system loss in the process. But look in case of Bangladesh gems were unearthed in U19. From Ash generation only Nazimuddin did not graduated to national. The rest three (Ash, N Iqbal and Aftab) which we identified as future national player has already played for national team. In S Nafees generation, enam was the raw diamond according to us. He is there and would be for forseeable future. In Musfiq generation, I remember we have a poll who would be the first among the three of Musfiq, Mehrab and Saqib. All three may play in WC 2007. Saqib already proved that he is much better than our so called talented player in terms of application. I do not expect evrybody would be play eventually. But if Tamim, Shafaq al jaber, Khademul play for Bangladesh, that would be more then enough from Musfiq generation. Also I do expect there would be some players who would take Mash route. Come out of nowhere.

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
Razab bhai, if we take your 50% theory, as many as 7 players from the 2006 U/19 batch may make the national team in near future. We have only three of them (Mushfiq, Shakib, and Mehrab) so far who have crossed the hurdle, that means we may have four more to come (my picks- Nazmus, Tamim, Shamsur, fourth one undecided). So yeah, Ash, Aftab, and Rajin (Bashar, I hope, will be able to retire with dignity) do have reasons to worry about their future.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
Well we all know we used to give our youngsters chances too early and thats the reason behind most of our under-19 graduating into the national team. But I guess what Razab bhai was saying was based on other countries. Most of the players from under-19 fades away while players who can perform consistently in the domestic circuit stays and get a chance in the national team. A couple of months ago, there was an article on cricinfo based on this issue and it showed where india under-19 stars from 99/01 are right now. Most of them fade away while only Kaif made it to the national team.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 08:22 AM
Razab bhai, if we take your 50% theory, as many as 7 players from the 2006 U/19 batch may make the national team in near future. We have only three of them (Mushfiq, Shakib, and Mehrab) so far who have crossed the hurdle, that means we may have four more to come (my picks- Nazmus, Tamim, Shamsur, fourth one undecided). So yeah, Ash, Aftab, and Rajin (Bashar, I hope, will be able to retire with dignity) do have reasons to worry about their future.

Surely these youngsters have more potential than the one we have in the team. Atleast they are more matured and know what they are doing. All I want is to have them ready first and then bring them, not to rush them like we did before. I rather have another two years misery while these kids get prepared then have them in the team now and lose the opportunity for something big. We shouldn't be short sighted.

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for clarification thebest. By 'buira' I meant old superstars (in terms of their experience in the national team). So on that aspect Ash and Rajin falls there. Plus obviuosly Pilot. No comment is necessary about his recent diminishing performance. Morover Bashar, Rafiq can also falls under buira category. Now we all know that Bashar and Rafiq is still performing and contributing to warrant a slot in the team for few more years, but I see their contribution is diminishing slowly... and they are more and more becomming a follower than a leader in contribution section. Do I want bashar and Rafiq out of the team? No! But I would like people to notice that new breeds that are knocking the door should also be a warning sign for Bashar and Rafiq if they want to extend their stay beyound 2-3 years. The new blood are just better prepared (if still not enough) compared to when Ash, Rajin and nafis was brought. So their chance of success may not be maximized but definitely enhanced than before.

And a game between 'buira' vs 'young blood' will just show that the differece between these two group is much less than some folks think, it will just prove that they (the young gun) are more prepared and ready than ssome folks are ready to admit.

rudro
September 22, 2006, 08:56 AM
definition of "buira"
[বাংলা]বার্ধক্য তাহাই যাহা যৌবনকে অস্বীকার করে - আমি সৈনিক (কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম)[/বাংলা]
On inserting new bloods in the team:
[বাংলা]"নব-নবীনের গাহিয়া গান
সজীব করিব মহা-শশ্মান
আমরা আনিব নতুন প্রাণ
বাহুতে নবীন বল"

চল চল চল - (কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম)[/বাংলা]

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 09:06 AM
Well we all know we used to give our youngsters chances too early and thats the reason behind most of our under-19 graduating into the national team. But I guess what Razab bhai was saying was based on other countries. Most of the players from under-19 fades away while players who can perform consistently in the domestic circuit stays and get a chance in the national team. A couple of months ago, there was an article on cricinfo based on this issue and it showed where india under-19 stars from 99/01 are right now. Most of them fade away while only Kaif made it to the national team.

Unfortunately unlike other test playing nations we are different in three aspects:

1. Unlike other test playing nations our u-19 teams are groomed together for a long time before they were even teen-age, they stay together... they played together for a while. It creates a stability, winning and never-die attitute. Its more like those old days in the communist countries like Russia, East Germany, China where they used to do. It started from last 4-5 years ago. And we are about to get the result out of it. In other test playing nations, they never groom the u-19 like this in national level. So maturity wise our u-19 boys are better prepared than other test playing nations.

2. We don't have any good domestic league to bring new blood from there. As all of us agrees, with current condition, a good performance in domestic league means almost nothing, absolutely nothing. Therefore we don't have any other option but to seek help from u-19 for new blood in the team.

3. Our national team is much much weaker than most of the test playing nation. So the transition from u-19 to national team is not a big step-up compared to other nations. It will not drastically change the team result one way or another in short term as we loose most of the games anyway.

So I think comparing with other nations is good as long as we use it to understand what should be our ideal situation. But without taking into consideration our current situation, I think comparing with other test playing nation is fruitless for the above reasons that I mentioned above.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 09:13 AM
Make sense Fazalbhai and I totally understand what you are saying. I agree with you on the fact that these youngsters are better prepared than the old ones and obviously more matured (ex sakib or forhad). I just don't want the selectors to rush them like they did with Mushfiq. When they are ready to face the music, bring them.

Miraz
September 22, 2006, 09:33 AM
In my opinion its a bit too early to think that U-19 generation (particularly Mushfiq generation) will eventually replace Ash, Aftab, Bashar or Rafiq. I am quite sure these four player has got lot more ability than most of the U-19 blocks.

I think we need to keep a nucleus of the team who will play for long time and defnitely they might go through some bad patch but we have to keep faith on them. Players other than the core nucleus will be replaced regularly or regain their place depending on performance.

I think SN, Ashraful, Bashar, Aftab, Rafiq and Mashrafee should be considered as the nucleus of bangladesh team and they should regularly feature in the playing XI. U-19 blocks should be considered for the remaining slots.

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 09:35 AM
A couple of months ago, there was an article on cricinfo based on this issue and it showed where india under-19 stars from 99/01 are right now. Most of them fade away while only Kaif made it to the national team.
Sadi, are you talking about this article (http://www.icc-cricket.com/ioc/content/story/256937.html) ? That article was about India U/15, not U/19. Those players bloomed too early and failed to live up to expectations afterwards. That said, a player like Sodhi probably would have a longer run in BD team. Also, Ricky probably would get his international debut by now if he were a Bangladeshi.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
Sadi, are you talking about this article (http://www.icc-cricket.com/ioc/content/story/256937.html) ? That article was about India U/15, not U/19. Those players bloomed too early and failed to live up to expectations afterwards. That said, a player like Sodhi probably would have a longer run in BD team. Also, Ricky probably would get his international debut by now if he were a Bangladeshi.

Yeah thats the article. The point remains the same though. Some might have impressive records in age level but consistency wins at the end.

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah thats the article. The point remains the same though. Some might have impressive records in age level but consistency wins at the end.
I think whether you bloom at 15 years or at 19 years does make a big difference. Look at our own examples- Nafees Iqbal and Ashraful came to be known as teenage prodigies from early days in their high school, where as Shahriar Nafees came to the lime light after finishing his twelveth class, and you can see how well SN adapted to pressure of expectations comparing to the other two mentioned.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 10:44 AM
I think whether you bloom at 15 years or at 19 years does make a big difference. Look at our own examples- Nafees Iqbal and Ashraful came to be known as teenage prodigies from early days in their high school, where as Shahriar Nafees came to the lime light after finishing his twelveth class, and you can see how well SN adapted to pressure of expectations comparing to the other two mentioned.

Well maybe if thats the argument, then we should wait and see who bloom at age 25? To me, you can bloom anytime you want but you have to have the quality to learn and adapt. Only then you can correct your flows and be consistent. Some people are more matured than others and thats the way it is.

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
definition of "buira"
[বাংলা]বার্ধক্য তাহাই যাহা যৌবনকে অস্বীকার করে - আমি সৈনিক (কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম)[/বাংলা]
On inserting new bloods in the team:
[বাংলা]"নব-নবীনের গাহিয়া গান
সজীব করিব মহা-শশ্মান
আমরা আনিব নতুন প্রাণ
বাহুতে নবীন বল"

চল চল চল - (কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম)[/বাংলা]
:up:

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 12:46 PM
Well maybe if thats the argument, then we should wait and see who bloom at age 25? To me, you can bloom anytime you want but you have to have the quality to learn and adapt. Only then you can correct your flows and be consistent. Some people are more matured than others and thats the way it is.
True, some people are more matured than others, and that's why SN is SN and Tushar is Tushar. But my general observation about subcontinental cricketers is that if they are given the stardom too early, they generally become isolated from the society. There are exceptional players like Tendulkar who are quiet and isolated by nature and thus did well to handle the situation. But in general, considering the mental aspect of the game (especially for batsmen), affects of early isolation don't seem to be good for cricketers.

Again, SN is a good example who clicked at the right age and when brought to the international stage, he has done better to cope the pressure while maintaining his normal life as an university student.

Why not wait and see for a player to bloom at 25 years of age? Well, incase of Bangladesh, a player won't be retained in the development program if his potential does not start to materialize by 19 and as we all know that there is a very little chance our domestic cricket will help him to materialize his potential either.

Miraz
September 22, 2006, 01:02 PM

Tendulakar became a prodigy at the age of 14 and he handled the pressure of international cricket better than many players who entered at a much older age.

In fact, age is only a factor for players with weak mental make-up, unfortunately our Ashraful fall in that category.

Miraz
September 22, 2006, 02:02 PM
Bangladesh is going to the champions trophy without any match practice.

Both practice matches are called off due to bad weather.

From DS (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/23/d60923040328.htm)

sadi
September 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
Great. Why can't they have the match in Bogra? Its an international ground and the drainage system should be much better.

khalifa
September 22, 2006, 03:08 PM
Good, now we'd be able to blame all to lack of practice matches if there are some disastrous results!

On a more serious note, what good would these 2 matches bring to BD team? What we really needed was matches with some test nations. I guess the BCB members are too busy now in this election time to save their positions........utterly hopeless bunch of idiots!

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
:mad: What is Rafiqul Islam Babu upto ? In any other Test playing country, the head of the grounds committee would have been fired by now for this kind of incompetence.

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
Now that the field is unplayable, I think they should rather play Kabadi between these two teams in Outer Stadium kabaddi court.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/23/2006-09-23__sports05.jpg

sadi
September 22, 2006, 03:34 PM
It rained for 3 days and now the ground wouldn't be ready for next seven days. Funny isn't it?? Etodine tho pukor sukaya math banano jay, ghadar dol der dube mora uchit.

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 03:38 PM
Tendulakar became a prodigy at the age of 14 and he handled the pressure of international cricket better than many players who entered at a much older age.

In fact, age is only a factor for players with weak mental make-up, unfortunately our Ashraful fall in that category.
Miraz bhai, Tendu is an exception, not a norm.

If Ashraful was such a weak person from the beginning, he would not have been able to rise from a financially struggling family and to make his mark as one of the most talented cricketers, not only in the country, also in the world. Just sheer talent would not have been enough to carry him to the peaks he had reached. As I said before, our subcontinental culture should be blamed more for spoiling him than he himself should be. I wonder what would Ash could have been if he had recieved proper guidance from the very beginning of his teenage years like our current U/19 boys have.

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 03:44 PM
I wonder what would Ash could have been if he had recieved proper guidance from the very beginning of his teenage years like our current U/19 boys have.

the hind side is always 20-20. Something spectacular could have happened by this time for Ash and the team. One the hand his career could have been over by this time after spending significant time in coach McInnes's dog house, who is a no-nonsense type of guy.

When Ash came to the national team there was little competetion and he easily dazzled the selectors with his pure talent. Now now things are different. Only talent doesn't bring you in the national team, they try to assess the player's maturity ans some kind of track record of success in the lower level.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
Which two match is cancelled. The Team A and Team B? I can't get the Daily Star link. Office firewall/virus software blocks it. Or is it the Chandigarh
Oct 5 match against Panjab Cricket Association XI?

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 04:02 PM
Which two match is cancelled. The Team A and Team B? I can't get the Daily Star link. Office firewall/virus software blocks it. Or is it the Chandigarh
Oct 5 match against Panjab Cricket Association XI?

The Team A and Team B