PDA

View Full Version : Nervy South Africa clinch series

baisab
September 19, 2006, 09:35 PM
OK, so the zimbos performed well enough with the ball to make the south africans victory a nervy one. however from the artical i also heed some good tidings:

"The top order failed to read the length of Ntini and Pollock, there were attempts to go aerial when defense was in order,and the errors against spin were glaring. Given that this was their last chance for competition ahead of next month's Champions Trophy, Zimbabwe have much to address in terms of their batting."

South African conditions usually produce pacer friendly wickets, and give less turn than our wickets back home, so for them to struggle against spin in those condition will only mean more trouble for them in next months CT in India.

In my opinion i dont think they have much chance against us in our subcontinental conditions, what do you guys think?

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-news/content/story/259871.html

Rabz
September 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
Mate, dont you reckon this news should be in the "International Cricket" section?

Mods can you plz replace the thread in the appropriate forum.
Thanks.

Tokyobreeze
September 19, 2006, 11:46 PM
If we can play at least half of our potential, Zim shouldn't be any concern for us.We should be able to beat them very convincingly as we will be playing against SL and WI before playing against them in CT.Playing against much harder teams will make us ready for smashing Zim.

Sovik
September 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
shouldn't this be moved to international cricket section

baisab
September 22, 2006, 08:48 PM
Sorry guys, my first post, obvious error, can Mods move this post to In'l Cricket as stated, im not sure hows its done, thanks.

Andy-Flower
September 29, 2006, 04:27 AM
interesting........;) :lol: