PDA

View Full Version : Enamul Haque Moni

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2006, 03:57 PM
NTV reported that he was now officially an ICC umpire. Has anyone heard any news on this? NTV also showed some clips of him trying to correct Shahadat's no balls while they were practicing. Is he better than the other ICC umpires we got?

He played few Tests and ODIs for Bangladesh.

Miraz
September 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
Moni will be definitely a better umpire than Mahbub, Shahin or even Nadir Shah. I wish him good luck.

I hope he will be the first Emirates panel (not elite panel) umpire from Bangladesh.

Rubu
September 20, 2006, 06:53 PM
moni has long experience playing cricket, so he will definitely be better than the others.

Tokyobreeze
September 20, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well..I have never heard that Moni has umpired any ODI or Test! If he is starting it then I think he will probably be a good one.Best of luck for him!

Rabz
September 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
Oh! Congrats to Moni on his achievement.
Hope he can becomes a really good umpire.
Btw, what is an Emirate panel?
how does it differ from Elite panel?

Miraz
September 21, 2006, 05:03 AM
Oh! Congrats to Moni on his achievement.
Hope he can becomes a really good umpire.
Btw, what is an Emirate panel?
how does it differ from Elite panel?

They are the second string of umpires after ICC elite panel. They officiate diffrent tournamnets involving associate countries and ODI tournaments involving associate countries and in some cases full member countries.

sunny747
September 21, 2006, 05:06 AM
I heard he was getting ready for it long time ago.......he has done his homework and ready for the big event........good luck to him

nasifkhan
September 21, 2006, 05:11 AM
moni has long experience playing cricket, so he will definitely be better than the others.

rubu bhai....apnar ki mone nije khela r khela porichalona kora is the same thing...?? amar mone hoi na......but lets hope he is better than others....

Rabz
September 21, 2006, 05:24 AM
They are the second string of umpires after ICC elite panel. They officiate diffrent tournamnets involving associate countries and ODI tournaments involving associate countries and in some cases full member countries.

thanks for the info Miraz Bhai.

rudro
September 21, 2006, 08:03 AM
Moni will be definitely a better umpire than Mahbub, Shahin or even Nadir Shah. I wish him good luck.

I hope he will be the first Emirates panel (not elite panel) umpire from Bangladesh.
Probabilistically, Moni (being an ex-player) has a better chance of becoming a better umpire than those who were not a player, but there are players who even fails to qualify as an umpire. When I was in Dhaka, a friend of mine (not a player) took the level 1 umpiring written test and scored the highest in the written exam, while some ex-players couldn't even pass.

But I hope Moni does well in his new career. India recently took some initiative to attract ex-players into umpiring.

Sam
September 21, 2006, 08:50 AM
We want to see him in action during next Zim series in November, 2006.

Tigers_eye
September 21, 2006, 09:26 AM
In the TV interview he also mentioned that his goal is to be in the elite Panel. He said one of the advantages he has over the other umpires is that he knows how demanding other players and captains can be at times. How much pressure they put on an umpire. Knowing all these fore hand would make him deal with the pressure better.

I wish him the best of luck. Hopefully we will see him in action in the Zim home series.

istiak
September 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
I hope he will perform but virtually there is no correlation between a good player and a good umpire.

FaridpurChicago
September 21, 2006, 01:44 PM
Darrel, the umpire in lime light was a lawyer (liar) and didn't play any notable cricket. His skin color gave him some advantage though.
All the best wishes for Moni.

arafath79
September 21, 2006, 05:51 PM
:D I wanna see Enamul Haque Moni is umpiring when Enamul Haque jnr is the bowler in a ODI game !!:D

Mahir
September 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
rubu bhai....apnar ki mone nije khela r khela porichalona kora is the same thing...?? amar mone hoi na......but lets hope he is better than others....

I for one sure think that it does help an umpire if he has a history of playing in the game. It can definitely complement an umpire's decision-making process during matches. And in Moni's case, he was a prime member of the national team for a long time in the 90s and has quite a big deal of experience in professional cricket to be able to establish himself as a quality umpire. I hope he succeeds.

Sovik
September 21, 2006, 07:50 PM
NTV reported that he was now officially an ICC umpire. Has anyone heard any news on this? NTV also showed some clips of him trying to correct Shahadat's no balls while they were practicing. Is he better than the other ICC umpires we got?

He played few Tests and ODIs for Bangladesh.

shabash moni vai......

TheWatcher
September 22, 2006, 09:09 AM
When I was in Dhaka, a friend of mine (not a player) took the level 1 umpiring written test and scored the highest in the written exam, while some ex-players couldn't even pass.
Is your friend's name listed here (http://tigercricket.com/MediaDetail.aspx?MediaID=332) ? I see quite a few ex-nationals are taking up the job (Monjurul Islam, Saiful Islam, Faisal Hossain).

I am not sure if this is a good or bad trend. Most of our ex-players lack communication skills and professionalism neccessary to be good international umpires. As rudro said, many of them don't have good understanding of cricket laws either. Also, their understanding of cricketing cultures may be very different from that of players from other countries.

That said, I hope this new bunch will be better than Mahbub and Shahin bunch.

BTW, Nadir Shah, I believe, used to play club cricket back in 80's. I like his attitude and I think he is quite fit as an international umpire.

rudro
September 22, 2006, 09:58 AM
10 out of 38 passing the test are women. Isn't it surprising? What questions do they ask on that test? I am sure it's not like "How handsome is Imran Khan or Atahar Ali Khan?"

Fazal
September 22, 2006, 11:42 AM
I think #7 Parvin Nasima Nahar Putul is a better prospect than Enamul Haque Moni.

sadi
September 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
I think #7 Parvin Nasima Nahar Putul is a better prospect than Enamul Haque Moni.

Is she somehow related to you?? ;) Shojonpriti!!!!!!!!

shamster
September 22, 2006, 07:20 PM
Here you go:

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/umpires-referees/international_panel_umpires.html