PDA

View Full Version : Champions Trophy Broadcast in Canada

ehtasum_
September 30, 2006, 10:31 AM
Good news for people living in ontario... ATN carabean aka CBN offered by Rogers televison showing the whole champions trophy including the qualifying matches :D:D:D ... soo yess :D:D Finally we get to see some matches.

Rubu
September 30, 2006, 11:31 AM
CBN? is it a non-cable channel? living here in MI, I can watch canadian channels if move the antenna a bit. but not if in cable.

Ehsan
September 30, 2006, 11:36 AM
Reading the thread title, for a second I thought ICC planned some FUTURE champions trophy in Canada.

Rubu, no its a cable channel.

Bancan
September 30, 2006, 11:42 AM
so i hav to pay 13 dollars for a month to watch cbn now

kalpurush
September 30, 2006, 02:14 PM
Sad news for Winnipegers! No CBN in Winnipeg!!:hairpull:

Bancan
September 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
i love other peoples pain.:D :D

Sovik
September 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
Reading the thread title, for a second I thought ICC planned some FUTURE champions trophy in Canada.

i thought too

cracky
September 30, 2006, 07:26 PM
Is CBN available on COGECO?

ialbd
September 30, 2006, 07:56 PM
yess... finally some cricket in canadian tvs....ekhon dekhi cbn ante koyta phone call kora lage rogers e
________
VAPORIZER ANSWER (http://vaporizer.org/forum/vaporizer-questions/)

Bancan
September 30, 2006, 09:40 PM
i think 1 call to rogers is enough. when i took ATN bangla couple of weeks ago , i got Atn within 2 minutes of confarmation. so i dunt think it wiill be any trouble. but just ask them if u can cancel it after a certain period of time

but my question is WHEN ARE THE MATCHES GONNA BE IN ET TIME

SMHasan
September 30, 2006, 10:47 PM

I thought so! Don't know why people keep opening similar threads! Mods please merge these.

Bancan
September 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
i dont want it to be merged. its for canadian viewrs only. but the mods knows best

Mridul
September 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
i think 1 call to rogers is enough. when i took ATN bangla couple of weeks ago , i got Atn within 2 minutes of confarmation. so i dunt think it wiill be any trouble. but just ask them if u can cancel it after a certain period of time

but my question is WHEN ARE THE MATCHES GONNA BE IN ET TIME

ET Time: Midnight

SMHasan
September 30, 2006, 10:57 PM
i dont want it to be merged. its for canadian viewrs only. but the mods knows best

Ok lets open more threads for Asian viewers, Europe viewers, Australian viewers..blah blah blah. There is no excuse my friend. Broadcast thread is broadcast thread, no classificatoin.

Ehsan
October 1, 2006, 12:10 AM
The thread title has been edited. The thread will remain as it is.

cracky
October 1, 2006, 01:27 AM
please guys let me know if its possible to watch from windosor, ON

Bancan
October 1, 2006, 09:32 AM
Ok lets open more threads for Asian viewers, Europe viewers, Australian viewers..blah blah blah. There is no excuse my friend. Broadcast thread is broadcast thread, no classificatoin.

the mod doesnt think so ./:)

SMHasan
October 1, 2006, 07:59 PM
the mod doesnt think so ./:)

Whatever the mods think someone has done the job as I said! Go to http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17543 and you will find another broadcast thread for Asian viewers :) Now remains the thread for the European viewers!Hope this also be done very soon!

Bancan
October 1, 2006, 08:56 PM
Whatever the mods think someone has done the job as I said! Go to http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17543 and you will find another broadcast thread for Asian viewers :) Now remains the thread for the European viewers!Hope this also be done very soon!

y dont u open one urself. and the thread u r talkin abt , the one thats titled "So.....Is there any online site (payed/not) who will show Champions trophy" is a thread for online links. so unless the title of that thread is changed , y would u merge that one with this???

sadi
October 1, 2006, 09:06 PM
there is no point arguing how many threads we should have regarding the broadcast thing.... usually we have one general thread and thats how we should keep doing it...

SMHasan
October 1, 2006, 09:29 PM
y dont u open one urself. and the thread u r talkin abt , the one thats titled "So.....Is there any online site (payed/not) who will show Champions trophy" is a thread for online links. so unless the title of that thread is changed , y would u merge that one with this???

I am not gonna open any thread, I am saying to keep all the broadcast related discussion in one thread. So far we have got three threads on C trophy and in near future someone will open another one for euopean viewers- thats what I said.

Ehsan
October 1, 2006, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately, I think Cogeco does not offer CBN. But you can always call them up and confirm.

kalpurush
October 1, 2006, 11:32 PM

Call Rogers for CBN. CBN is showing the CT both rounds in Canada.

ehtasum_
October 2, 2006, 09:48 PM
yess... finally some cricket in canadian tvs....ekhon dekhi cbn ante koyta phone call kora lage rogers e

dont worry.. you dont need to make much phone calls to get CBN.. all you need is rogers cable and this cable box thingy... after that you cann all you want t get any channel or cancel it.. no problemo.... been doin it for 2 years now . lol

ehtasum_
October 2, 2006, 09:51 PM

wow... why do you bother arguing about this kinda stuff ?? just leave it as it is.. its not doing you any harm... its juts for canadian viewr. damn man... you dont have anything better to do i guess.

SMHasan
October 2, 2006, 10:07 PM
wow... why do you bother arguing about this kinda stuff ?? just leave it as it is.. its not doing you any harm... its juts for canadian viewr. damn man... you dont have anything better to do i guess.

I am just talking about the discipline, if we keep our telecast related discussion in one thread then it is better for all of us. BTW I am not talking nonsense. And I have other jobs to do thats why I don't open any unnecessary threads like you.

Bancan
October 2, 2006, 10:13 PM
omg . mods just merge the threads pls. enough of this sh@#. if u think this thread is unneccassary then ignore this thread and move on. u hav better things to do then y r u posting here. move on.

and i will say this again. the other thread is titled for online streams. so ppl aree gonna open new threads until that threads title is changed.

Orion
October 2, 2006, 11:01 PM
Is there anyway I can watch the matches in New York? I wish I was in Canada.

habfreak
October 3, 2006, 12:22 AM
I'm in Canada dude...but no CBN in Montreal:hairpull: ...not with videotron atleast..

ehtasum_
October 3, 2006, 06:26 AM
I'm in Canada dude...but no CBN in Montreal:hairpull: ...not with videotron atleast..

There should be CBN in montreal.. you guys dont have rogers?? well if not , then try to get Atn Tamil... Atn Tamil is showign all the matches too i belive

ehtasum_
October 3, 2006, 06:27 AM

Lol come to canada for a month

ehtasum_
October 3, 2006, 06:28 AM
People who lives outside of toronto or dont have rogers, then try to get Dish Network... they have all these channels... althogugh its going to cost a little more, but its worth it for the long term... You can watch other channels too

Ehsan
October 3, 2006, 07:51 PM
People who lives outside of toronto or dont have rogers, then try to get Dish Network... they have all these channels... althogugh its going to cost a little more, but its worth it for the long term... You can watch other channels too

Did you get CBN through dish network? Some of my friends are saying that CBN is Canadian, so dish network does not provide that channel.

Bancan
October 3, 2006, 09:18 PM
i m getting it from rogers. but i think CBN is canadian.cause the asian televison network website is always referring to only Bell and Rogers and Canada.

ehtasum_
October 3, 2006, 09:45 PM
Did you get CBN through dish network? Some of my friends are saying that CBN is Canadian, so dish network does not provide that channel.

No i got mine from rogers.. um it could be canadian.. I am not sure... But disk network showing the game anywyz.. Not throgh CBN btu in some other channel but yea dish network is shownig it although its a little costly, but then again yu can watch all the other games ni future for no extra cost

Mahmood
October 4, 2006, 07:39 AM
No matter where in Canada you are, if you subscribe to Bell Express Vu, you will get CBN from their international Bird Nimiq 2. So if your local cable does not offer CBN, I really think for a cricket fan like you, should subscribe to Bell and get the CBN, now and in future, you will get a lot of cricket there. And its not PPV, so just a monthly subscription will do.

No, I do not work for Bell :)

Ehsan
October 4, 2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah, if you want Canadian channels Bell Express View is the best.

Some people rely on cracks to get things free. But as a matter of fact cracks are not so reliable as now and then they will block your code, you will be left with no other option than waiting for someone to hack the new code.

ZunaidH
October 4, 2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah, if you want Canadian channels Bell Express View is the best.

Some people rely on cracks to get things free. But as a matter of fact cracks are not so reliable as now and then they will block your code, you will be left with no other option than waiting for someone to hack the new code.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ehsan;

Cracking code is probably not a good advice as it is illegal.

For those who have suggested CBN, can someone please tell me what exactly I tell Rogers to add to my channels. I am quite ignorant about TV and have watched very little or nothing in the past decade or so. I apologize for my ignorance. No sharp shooters please (aka Arnab, Orpheus).

Zunaid

Ehsan
October 4, 2006, 08:12 AM
ZunaidH,
Yea, cracking was not my advice. But there are ways to get things free. And yes, I have edited my message to comply with the Board Rules. :)

About getting CBN, although I have not tried Rogers, but it would not be a big deal. They got a good customer service. If you already have Rogers cable, you may have to add another package to your normal subscription or they might just add in the channel for you, whatever the case is they will let you know. May beehtasum_can explain better.

Bancan
October 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
u hav to hav digital box from rogers. then u can hav cbn. if u already hav digital box then call rogers and talk to anyone and tell them u want Cbn.if u dont hav digital box u can get one its like 10 dollars all together a month only for the digital box. and for cbn its almost 15 bucks

cover_point
October 4, 2006, 03:16 PM
I have a Pansat satelite setup and can't wait till Saturday.

Kabir
October 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
Zunaid bhai,

I remember posting it sometime ago in some other thread, but here it is again (sorry for duplication).

For getting CBN while with Rogers, you *must* have ATN (hindi). That by itself costs $15/month I believe. CBN can then be added on to it for another $7 or 8 I think. It's a month-to-month subscription for these additional channels. So total you're done for less than $30 for CT.

If you don't have Rogers, you might not get it before CT starts. They're sometimes extremely slow, and will get you hoocked up in 2/3 days. But its always better to check with them first.

If you're with Bell, I'm not sure what the procedure is. But I would assume it's similar to the rates at Rogers.

Bancan
October 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
u dont hav to hav Atn (hindi) to get cbn. u only need rogers digital box.

ehtasum_
October 5, 2006, 07:19 AM
Zunaid bhai,

I remember posting it sometime ago in some other thread, but here it is again (sorry for duplication).

For getting CBN while with Rogers, you *must* have ATN (hindi). That by itself costs $15/month I believe. CBN can then be added on to it for another $7 or 8 I think. It's a month-to-month subscription for these additional channels. So total you're done for less than $30 for CT. .

Um its not like that. You dont need Atn Hindi or anything.. All you need is a digital box which is $10/month.. and then you can add any channels you want.. You can just get CBN or 10 chanles if you want.. Ask them for ATN CARIBBEAN aka CBN..But if you take other ATN channels along with CBN then they charge you a little les.. They have ATN BANGLA too . so yeah.. so with the Digital box + ATN CARIBBEAN = $10 + $15 = $25 .. Thats it.. And you can cancel CBN anytime you want. If after the gave you dont want CBN anymore , then you can cancel it. just call them... and soemtimes if you keep the chanel less then half a month, they dont charge you for the whole thinng.. You can ask them about that.. so yes....

ehtasum_
October 5, 2006, 07:20 AM
Dont worry people... All the bangladeshi cricket fan living in canada, WILL get to watch all teh matches and if you cant get a hand on anything then you are alwyz welcoem to my house and we will get a cricket party going :P:P

ZunaidH
October 6, 2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks to everyone - I managed to get CBN through Rogers.

ehtasum_
October 6, 2006, 07:19 AM
Does anyone know what time ( Canadian ) we will get to watch the match??

Ehsan
October 6, 2006, 07:32 AM
5 Am in the Saturday morning. Right at sehri time. :)

Mahmood
October 6, 2006, 07:40 AM
Anyone in Montreal can come to my place to watch the matches (weekends only).

If interested, send me a pvt message.

kalpurush
October 6, 2006, 11:38 AM
Mahmood bhai: Thanks for your invitation! I can't wait to be hosted by you!! Is the air ticket (cheapest one would do like Westjet !) in your menu too?!!:-D

ASA
October 6, 2006, 12:36 PM
CBN? is it a non-cable channel? living here in MI, I can watch canadian channels if move the antenna a bit. but not if in cable.

Reminds me the days of just-one-channel-BTV, when we used to rotate our antennas in Rajshahi to get Doordarshan. :)

Ehsan
October 6, 2006, 12:46 PM
Mahmood bhai: Thanks for your invitation! I can't wait to be hosted by you!! Is the air ticket (cheapest one would do like Westjet !) in your menu too?!!:-D

Fazil polapan shobi free chay. /:)

Bancan
October 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
ok is the match tonight. like 12 hours from now?

Zobair
October 6, 2006, 05:08 PM
Me too!

Thanks to everyone - I managed to get CBN through Rogers.

al Furqaan
October 6, 2006, 05:20 PM
ok is the match tonight. like 12 hours from now?

yeah, give or take 30 mins

Bancan
October 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
thanks, i just got CBN. so lets see wat happerns tonite

ammark
October 7, 2006, 01:46 AM
Reminds me the days of just-one-channel-BTV, when we used to rotate our antennas in Rajshahi to get Doordarshan. :)

a bit off topic but was at a middle eastern eatery at Bathurst+College in toronto, and got freaked out seeing btv world on his satellite tv. Got my hopes up of crashing at his place for any news on tonights game. sadly, I was only fooling myself and had to come back to trusty computer to search for net streams :(. Gorib chhatro manush ami, nai tv, nai rogers'er cable amar

ehtasum_
October 7, 2006, 01:57 AM
a bit off topic but was at a middle eastern eatery at Bathurst+College in toronto, and got freaked out seeing btv world on his satellite tv. Got my hopes up of crashing at his place for any news on tonights game. sadly, I was only fooling myself and had to come back to trusty computer to search for net streams :(. Gorib chhatro manush ami, nai tv, nai rogers'er cable amar

you can crash at ma place netime maan if you want to watch the game... i am at mississauga... near square one

ammark
October 7, 2006, 02:00 AM
you can crash at ma place netime maan if you want to watch the game... i am at mississauga... near square one

Thank you very much. Its the thought that counts. Okhane I've got some friends too who might be coming down from Waterloo for the other CT matches, so Insha'Allah I'll be in the area too. for now I have to be downtown... kalke kaaj ase.

zainab
October 7, 2009, 06:03 AM
Really, the matches were not shown live on CBN, it was a pay per view event at $99.99 for the series on CH 499 on Rogers.
These matches are now repeated on CBN at 5PM. All championship tournaments will be pay per view.
I found a really good SL website that I managed to get a bit of free streaming. there is no way I will pay $99.98.

petstabu
October 19, 2009, 03:33 AM
I’m not sure about how possible some of the things you mention would be, but there is one setting that may interest you, if you haven’t seen it already

bujhee kom
October 19, 2009, 08:49 AM
^^^Look look guys, BOT above!!! I bet you it has no clue what people are talking about here, but it's saying a standard recorded "I’m not sure about how possible some of the things you mention would be, but there is one setting....." Trying to be clever!!! BOT! It's an ad!!! Don't touch it! BOT!

One World
October 19, 2009, 12:35 PM
I did not know our BK was a bot. LMAO.