PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs West Indies - 2nd Qualifying match ICC-CT October 2006

Pages : [1] 2

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
Bangladesh will take on the West Indies at Jaipur, India on their second match in this year's (2006) Champion's Trophy. I hope BD will win, Inshallah.

Date:
October 11, 2006

Time:
Wednesday 09:00 AM GMT, 14:15 PM Local Time (GMT+5:30 Hrs), 14:45 PM Bangladesh Time (GMT+6:00 Hrs), 05:00 AM EST (GMT -4:00 Hrs).

Current GMT Time:
<IFRAME name=iframe src="http://www.cricinfo.com/clock.html" frameBorder=0 width=65 scrolling=no height=20></IFRAME>

Weather Forecast:
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/INXX0059.html[/URL]

Live Score/Commentary:
Cricinfo | Cricbuzz | Tigercricket

Audio/Video Coverage:
SetMax, BTV.
Other Broadcasters (http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/INXX0185_c.html)

Tour Coverage:
Banglacricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2006_2007/INT/ICCCT/)| Latest News (http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2006_2007/INT/ICCCT/#n) | Match Highlights (http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2006_2007/INT/ICCCT/#mh)
Cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006-07/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCCT/) | Fixture (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/series/232694.html?template=schedule) | News and Features (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/story?object=232694) | Scorecards (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006-07/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCCT/SCORECARDS/) | Statistics (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006-07/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCCT/STATS/) | Photos (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/image?object=232694)

Live Chat:
BanglaCricket Chat Room ([URL]irc://irc.cricket.org:6667/banglacricket) | Click here for the Java client (http://www.banglacricket.com/chat/index.php)

al Furqaan
October 9, 2006, 12:24 PM
khuub bhalo, allahr naam neye match thread shuru...we will win this MUST-WIN game

Rabz
October 9, 2006, 12:25 PM
Now thats the thread i was looking for.
Good on ya Tiger_Eye Bhai.

i was gonna open this one, but am too lazy to do the hard work.

Good luck to BD.
Hope we will win this game inshallah.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 12:28 PM
Looks like the tempreture will be hot to warm with lots of humidity. Please bat first if you win the toss.

Spitfire_x86
October 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
Miraz wanted to open this match thread.

Anyway, if we can qualify then he'll get few more chances :)

Rabz
October 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
Looks like the tempreture will be hot to warm with lots of humidity. Please bat first if you win the toss.

Our luck-less captain wins a toss once in a million years..
and even he does.. he blows his chances...

so... keep your fingers crossed....

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry Miraz bhaijan.
If we win we win. If we lose then it will not blemish your 100% winning record. :) I would rather want you to open a match thread against SL or India.

Bancan
October 9, 2006, 12:34 PM
the crowds are not interested in the matches. it feels so boring. and those who goes to the stadium are " [বাংলা]ক্ষেত[/বাংলা]". when ever they see a camera they act so weird. i know ppl are excited to see the cameras. but wat they do is just stupid.

any way :flag:GOOD LUCK BANGLADESH:flag:

i cant watch the whole match live. only 2 hours. but still good luck BD

kalpurush
October 9, 2006, 12:37 PM
Our luck-less captain wins a toss once in a million years..
and even he does.. he blows his chances...

so... keep your fingers crossed....

Good day Sydney!
It's not Bashar but our team mgt. who make the decision. It's a pre-made decision conveyed by our captain!! Poor Bashar!!! :(

Rabz
October 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
Good day Sydney!
It's not Bashar but our team mgt. who make the decision. It's a pre-made decision conveyed by our captain!! Poor Bashar!!! :(

Right you are my friend.
But its the captain who gets the blame, isnt it?
After all, he is the leader of the pack, though recently he forgot how to lead, even from the back.

bapzmania
October 9, 2006, 12:43 PM
I changed my flight schedule only for that match.....plz atleast ai match a ekta win chai...Cause it might take long time when I will be able to watch Bangladesh cricket match again....i want to see a happy Bangladesh cricket team after the match....plz Allah

habfreak
October 9, 2006, 12:44 PM
Shahadat..Shahadat..Shahadat....
Mashri...Mashri...Mashri...

Cricinfo.com on wednesday afternoon:
Windies 215 All out in 44 overs. (Mash 2/37, Shahadat 4/54)
BD 216/6 in 47.3 overs. (Nafees 82*, Aftab 45, Bashar 31)
*Shahadat gets into a word fight with Gayle in the 6th over, bounces him, Gayle hooks...top edge over Pilot's head for 4 runs.
*next ball...right in the block hole...stumps go flying...Shahadat shows Gayle the way to the dressing room..windies 2/21.

rudro
October 9, 2006, 12:47 PM
khuub bhalo, allahr naam neye match thread shuru...we will win this MUST-WIN game
Good! What if we lose?

sar2005
October 9, 2006, 12:56 PM

*Shahadat gets into a word fight with Gayle in the 6th over, bounces him, Gayle hooks...top edge over Pilot's head for 4 runs.
*next ball...right in the block hole...stumps go flying...Shahadat shows Gayle the way to the dressing room..windies 2/21.

Very constructive dream. Good luck.
Looking forward to a game where everything is possible.

I am going to BD for a month holidays on 15th. Final round CT would be charmless if BD is not there. O Allah! Give us a win against WI. Is it too much to ask?

Spitfire_x86
October 9, 2006, 12:56 PM
Good! What if we lose?
Some of us will label the defeat as "honorable defeat" and try to find positives from the game even if there's no positives at all.

I hope we either win or badly lose.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 01:25 PM
Good! What if we lose?
Read post #7. :)

Habfan,
Love you man. Mash 2/37 and Shahadat 4/54 within the 45 overs. that means they did the damage early in their opening spell. If Windies are 5/90 or something they can't cross 150 for sure. :)
I'd take any kind of win. one run or even one wicket win is good enough for me.

al Furqaan
October 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
Good! What if we lose?

we have to win. thats i all i care, can say, feel, and believe

SS
October 9, 2006, 01:43 PM
What are guys smoking...winning against WI...we lost our first chance by batting so slowly in the beginning. And our batsmen can't handle the pressure or play world class bowling. WI has very strong team and they are high on spirit. Their top order is in superb form and will annihilate our bowling. So, we have no hope but just perform best we can with our limitations.

AsifTheManRahman
October 9, 2006, 01:51 PM
sunny all throughout => we should definitely bat first if we win the toss, even if the wicket shows hints of grass. trust, the evening moisture will come in handy for our opening bowlers, and a few quick wickets in the beginning will enable our spinners to clean up the rest.

having said that, we will most probably lose.

Hatebreed
October 9, 2006, 01:59 PM

Boy o boy you got some fantasy! But it's not possible.. Insh'Allah it will come true :)

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
SS,
SL bowlers Malinga bowled at times 91 mph but mostly on 89+ mph. Fernando bowled on 85-90 range. Maharoof bowled with the dew (which speeds up after pitching). 3 seamers.

If you had seen WI on the same ground against Zim, their speed was between 75-85 range. In day time there is no dew so the ball can't speed up. Also, they bowled wayward. It was the Zim's inability to play the awkward bounce, and too much fishing. Certainly WI bowlers are 2nd grade or 3rd grade world class bowlers. If our top order can perform decently, we can post 275+ against this attack. That is a target that would get harder to reach at night even for Australia.

So the key is to bat first on this track. There is a huge chance of winning against the WI for the first time. Lara would have to retire then. Didn't he garantee last time if he lost against BD he would retire when we visited WI? Or was it in test? :)

Miraz
October 9, 2006, 03:02 PM
Tigers_eye bhaijan, this is not fair. :(

I was waiting to open the match thread and dreaming a win against WI. :)

Now, I want you to join my 100% syuccess club (forget past, from now on) :)

Noile khobor aache :onethephone:

FagunerAgun
October 9, 2006, 03:06 PM
:flag: Go BD Go:flag:
/:) No Rasel, Shahadat please
/:) No Ashraf, Mehrab please
:-D Young boys. this is your show time.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2006, 03:12 PM
In my 4k+ posts this is the only Cricket match thread that I have opened. lol. So if the players win on the 11th that would put me in that club where we enjoy a smile that on others can match. :) Hope to keep smiling after the match. May be I'll retire then from opening match threads. :)
I am on a dreaming mode now. What are these bora, chola, piaju doing in my dreams?

FagunerAgun
October 9, 2006, 03:18 PM
L-) Shahadat or Razzak and Rafique please (in last 6 overs)
:p Mashri sucks in last overs
:flag: Go BD GO:flag:

Kabir
October 9, 2006, 03:25 PM
WI is extremely inconsistant at times...and they like to take the match to the last ball. WIth this in mind, BD bowlers should make proper use of their sluggishness.

What I've noticed also is, after a good show (in this case lower order batting) our team kinda fails. It happened after the win against Aussies in England, and then against the Aussie 1st match in Dhaka this year. But anyway...Inshallah we will win :)

roaring tigerz
October 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
I am waiting to see some creativity from our esteemed 'think-tank.' That includes having a flexible batting order. I would like to see Rafique or Mashrafee come at 4 to give the innings some impetus. In the middle overs, with a softer ball and the slower bowlers bowling...they could be most effective. Using Rafique/Razzak at first change could also be a viable option. I have a feeling we will run them close this time.

roaring tigerz
October 9, 2006, 03:45 PM
Some of us will label the defeat as "honorable defeat" and try to find positives from the game even if there's no positives at all.

I hope we either win or badly lose.

I completely agree. I would rather see that we get bundled out for 150 trying to chase 300 than surviving to reduce the margin of defeat and scoring a 'respectable' 250...Our batting performance in the last game was commendable, but at no point were we even remotely challenging the Sri Lankan total. Seemed to me like we accepted defeat even before we came into the bat.

habfreak
October 9, 2006, 03:53 PM
What are guys smoking...winning against WI... we have no hope but just perform best we can with our limitations.
we are smoking "optimism-juana".:p c'mon man...we believe in our team...win or lose...we support them...that's why we hang here in this forum. We sure got our limitations...everybody does...but I truely believe we've enough talent in our line up to beat any team on any given day!:flag:

kaisermatin
October 9, 2006, 06:20 PM
team roster is missing. can someone post it?

Sovik
October 9, 2006, 07:54 PM
only 33 hours left. i beleive that we can beat windies

layperson
October 9, 2006, 09:09 PM
What are guys smoking....

benson and hedges 100's.:smug:

Rabz
October 9, 2006, 09:29 PM

Oh, good old B&H.
5 more hours to go till i can have puff.:shh:

Tigers Eye bhai, really surprised and impressed to learn that this is your first match thread. looks like not all of us are giving into the heavenly temptation.

Hope, for yours and ours sake, that you can join Miraz Bhai on the 100% Club.

Duck
October 9, 2006, 09:51 PM
While chasing for 303 against SL, we made 265:confused: .
Fortunately, 36 came from extras, which is the second highest run after Saqibs 67 who powdered our ugly faces of batting!! :sick:
I rate this another horrible batting performance. :mad:
With this batting form, I cant even dream about a win against WI:hairpull: .

may be I need something to smoke.......:)

consider the partnerships: 22, 33, 23, 0, 63, 14, 22, 49, 38, 1

There is only one partnership above 50 among the 1st seven wickets (4 for SL)! With this poor performance, it would be impossible to make any upset against WI.:timeout:

kalpurush
October 9, 2006, 10:44 PM
:flag: Go BD Go:flag:
/:) No Rasel, Shahadat please
/:) No Ashraf, Mehrab please
:-D Young boys. this is your show time.

Interesting! We got some "color" now!!:)

Tokyobreeze
October 9, 2006, 10:51 PM
So, we have had loads on discussions on our faults, failures, positive sides against SL and of course the possibility of win against WI.I believe we can do it.Looking forward to watch a solid performance from boys tomorrow.

kalpurush
October 9, 2006, 11:54 PM
While chasing for 303 against SL, we made 265:confused: .
Fortunately, 36 came from extras, which is the second highest run after Saqibs 67 who powdered our ugly faces of batting!! :sick:
I rate this another horrible batting performance. :mad:
With this batting form, I cant even dream about a win against WI:hairpull: .

may be I need something to smoke.......:)

consider the partnerships: 22, 33, 23, 0, 63, 14, 22, 49, 38, 1

There is only one partnership above 50 among the 1st seven wickets (4 for SL)! With this poor performance, it would be impossible to make any upset against WI.:timeout:

I agree with you 100%.
This time (against WI) our top order is going to show a "rich" performance though. As a result a win is not impossible!?:-D

kalpurush
October 9, 2006, 11:57 PM

I thought it's "Havana Churot"!:-D

CricFanBD
October 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
Gayle uttered some potential comments about BD in the Anandabazar Potrika. Here is the link: http://www.anandabazar.com/10khela6.htm

cricket_dorshok
October 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
"Our main objective is to win the match, but I will not mind if we can produce our best and then lose the match," -Bashar (DailyStar)

Salar mentality looser. He could have said if we can produce our best we will win the match.

al Furqaan
October 10, 2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.tigercricket.com/pgallery/Dav7102006.jpg
Coach Dav Whatmore sums up the positives and negatives about playing without cloths. Who is that Nengta in the middle?

i believe the nengta is our 'pagla'

is he completely ***-naked?

Duck
October 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
I agree with you 100%.
This time (against WI) our top order is going to show a "rich" performance though. As a result a win is not impossible!?:-D

And lower orders will fail at the same time! :timeout: Imagine whats gonna happen?:hairpull:

BostonTigers
October 10, 2006, 02:32 PM
well first and foremost, we need to replace Rasel with Shahdat. Gayle and other WI toporder will murder Rasels Medium Fast (??) bowling. I believe we should bat first if we win the toss and then try to form partnerships. Openers meaning Ash and Nafess should try to score runs not just bolck everything. then the middle order hopefully will score some runs. we all very well know that IF Ash click tommorow, WI Bowlers will be in some trouble. Insallah things will work out for us tommorow.

sunny747
October 10, 2006, 02:57 PM
wow..match shoro hoite aro 12 hours baki.....78 post already.....kalke kije hobe.......

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 03:15 PM
WI is hit with a number of injury problem ahead of tomorrows match. Sarwan, Morton and Smith are not fully fit, suffering from fever.

Stage seems to be well set for a Bangladesh victory.

Fazal
October 10, 2006, 03:18 PM
WI is hit with a number of injury problem ahead of tomorrows match. Sarwan, Morton and Smith are not fully fit, suffering from fever.

Stage seems to be well set for a Bangladesh victory.

I don't know... they may still play some of the virus infected players . I hope they don't spread the virus. We may end up not playing the best team against ZIM and loosing all three games.

istiak
October 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
If you had seen WI on the same ground against Zim, their speed was between 75-85 range. In day time there is no dew so the ball can't speed up. Also, they bowled wayward. It was the Zim's inability to play the awkward bounce, and too much fishing. Certainly WI bowlers are 2nd grade or 3rd grade world class bowlers. If our top order can perform decently, we can post 275+ against this attack. That is a target that would get harder to reach at night even for Australia.

Dear Tiger eye,

I am not very sure about your estimate of WI bowlers. Personally i see them as a good and upcoming banch of pacers. Currently WI is the only team after Eng who got two real FAST bowler in the squad. Both JE Taylor and FH Edwards are bowling really good recently and our batsmen should be carefull abt their pace. Moreover, they got Ian Bradshaw who is currently ranked 6th in ODIs bowlers ranking. So any thought of a poor WI bowling could be dengarous.

On another point, this is almost the first time i ever hard that dew (or moisture) can speed up the ball. During night grass become soggy and wet and so do the ball but the pitch remain dry and so why the ball shoot? Generally the ball become slipary and most of the time bowlers find it difficult to grip it properly. If a ball shoot then its most likely cause is the situation of the pitch....not because of dew.

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 03:23 PM
Well, WI is hit with some injuries. Stage is all set for a BD victory.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
With the humiliation in the DFL cup no Indian player can dare to get out on the street of Jaipur. That is why they need security. Whereas, we can sing hindi songs, speak hindi with Media and disguise ourselves.

Ar oi' nangta Forhad hoitey parey lol.

BD_Ashraful
October 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
Shahadat in Rasel out

Come on Bangladesh smash windies

all out 250 West indies (Mash 3-40 Shahadat 2-24)
0-250 after 40 overs ( Ashraful 125* Nafess 100*)

arafath79
October 10, 2006, 03:45 PM
Go bengal tigers ! Go Bangladesh ! Win win win !

khmrahman
October 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Trying to post.

Logged in as a different user.

Mods please do something, I am unable to see my posts or even make a post.

Kind regards,

Miraz

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
Trying to post.

Logged in as a different user.

Mods please do something, I am unable to see my posts or even make a post.

Kind regards,

Miraz
Get to middle of the thread. You will see your recent posts. I can see them. Also with your new username. This is a server date issue. they are working on it. All posts a getting posted just not sequencially.
Hopefully you will get this message.

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 04:03 PM
Well, Now I am finding my posts, posts seems to be apperaing in the middle of the thread.

Real date format problem.

Probably I am already tubelight to understand the problem.

Fazal
October 10, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hairee Kopal Mondo... Chokh thaketey Ondho..

We are Here:fire: :fire: :fire: Miraj Here:fire: :fire: :fire: .

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks Tigers_ey bhai.

Fazal Bhaijan,
Ami dekhte pacchi, sob dkhte pacchi :-D :smug:

6alltheway
October 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
any free links for 2morros matches?

gona try to stream wat i can from work, while my boss isnt looking...hehe

Thunder
October 10, 2006, 04:21 PM
BD management is so pleased with their performance that they are going to keep the same team for this important match.. Its like they dont want to break their losing combination..

That means we are on our route to another honorable defeat!!

Should have included Shahadat and drop AshraFOOL for the match.. damn! :doh:

khmrahman
October 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
BC server er maatha really Kharap Hoise, Ek saathe dui window te dui username nie log in kora jachche. It was not possible before.

Zunaid bhai, deikhen, match er aage aabar server jeno down na hoe jai.

Regards,

Miraz

6alltheway
October 10, 2006, 04:32 PM
why has my post gone to page 2?...:confused:

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
IMO, team management is right to keep Rasel in the squad. His early swing can be a danger for Gayle and Chanderpaul.

We need specialist bowlers to win matches. If openers fail again tomorrow, only then management should think abt Mehrab against Zim.

I have got a feeling that we will win tomorrow.

nasifkhan
October 10, 2006, 04:59 PM
Shahadat in Rasel out

what ashraful 125????? ..ash should be 250

nannu
October 10, 2006, 06:33 PM
Good day Sydney!

we still didnt got rid of bad decisions of chacha. he he

nannu

Murad
October 10, 2006, 07:14 PM
damn.. aro 9 hours pore khela shuru hobe..

keno jei day-night schedule korse.. shalara..

habfreak
October 10, 2006, 07:14 PM
I have a feeling, Rasel will do very well tomorrow.
for Dav's sake i hope he does...or Mr. Whatmore is gonna lose one of his bigest fans for leaving Shahadat out!:confused: I'm not sure about this decision...but I can't go against someone wearing red and green...so let's go Rasel!

Kabir
October 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
...If we have a good day in terms of luck, definitely Mashrafi and Russel can pick up few early wickets. Let's hope for the best.

Besides, out batsman must have to perform to make any sort of impact on opponant.

In other words, the whole team should perform well. That's rarely the case with our team. Alas.

Orion
October 10, 2006, 08:35 PM
Can't wait for the game to start......

ammark
October 10, 2006, 08:36 PM
pathetic. Ashraful and Rasel remains instead of taking in Rajin and Rajib.

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 08:38 PM
7 more hours. can't wait

Rabz
October 10, 2006, 08:40 PM
Gayle uttered some potential comments about BD in the Anandabazar Potrika. Here is the link: http://www.anandabazar.com/10khela6.htm

Guess my computer doesnt support their font or format..cant read...
mate could you take the trouble to post the report here so that me ( and some others) can read the article..

Thanx.

jabbar
October 10, 2006, 08:42 PM
Whatmore should pick shahadat to combat the windies. Rasel is not really economical at the moment, and we need a a speed demon to (try and) rough up the windies batsmen...

ammark
October 10, 2006, 08:43 PM
Still Ashraful and Rasel? pathetic. I'd prefer Rajib and Rajin in their places

jabbar
October 10, 2006, 08:45 PM
something weird going on with the datestamping - my post got sandwhiched in between other posts that (incorectly) posted in the future :ticking:

CricFanBD
October 10, 2006, 08:45 PM
mate could you take the trouble to post the report here so that me ( and some others) can read the article..

Thanx.
Sorry mate. I don't know about the posting of Bangla Article in forum. I saw someone did that before. But how?

Anyway the report is not so special...just Gayle experessed that WI would not take BD lightly...similar to what Lara said on today's Bengali newspaper.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
Dear Tiger eye,

I am not very sure about your estimate of WI bowlers. Personally i see them as a good and upcoming banch of pacers. Currently WI is the only team after Eng who got two real FAST bowler in the squad. Both JE Taylor and FH Edwards are bowling really good recently and our batsmen should be carefull abt their pace. Moreover, they got Ian Bradshaw who is currently ranked 6th in ODIs bowlers ranking. So any thought of a poor WI bowling could be dengarous.

On another point, this is almost the first time i ever hard that dew (or moisture) can speed up the ball. During night grass become soggy and wet and so do the ball but the pitch remain dry and so why the ball shoot? Generally the ball become slipary and most of the time bowlers find it difficult to grip it properly. If a ball shoot then its most likely cause is the situation of the pitch....not because of dew.
I watched both the matches and on the screen they were showing the speed. No matter how fast Taylor and Edwards they weren't faster than Malinga nor Fernando. Unless they were holding back but that theory can't hold because they were wayward too.

Gripping is an issue, however, when the ball hits the heck because of the accumulated moisure in the pitch it skids. Just like a soccer ball hitting the water and skiding. Hard to judge the ball. Time and again our batsmen were beat because they could not judge the speed of the ball.

Braveheart
October 10, 2006, 09:05 PM
One thing you have to remember about Saqib's performance on last game. He was trying to hold on to the fort instead of attacking. Thats why he had a slower pace. If you read his profile in cricinfo you will see that he supposedly has higher strike rate in under-19 team. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/player/56143.html

Just be patient with the kid. He might turn out to be a very consistent performer Let see how he does in next 15-20 games. Good luck to him, ash and the whole bangladesh team tonight.

TheWatcher
October 10, 2006, 09:07 PM
I sincerly hope Bashar will choose to bat if he wins the toss today.

SMHasan
October 10, 2006, 09:10 PM
How I am gonna watch the match? crickfreak has gone offline. Bunch of cheaters- Kill Them All.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2006, 09:13 PM

Thanx.
Mine too.

Rabz
October 10, 2006, 09:14 PM
Shahadat in Rasel out

WOW, now thats far stretching our dreams to the max!!

If that happens, BD Ashraful, you should get the "Cricket Legend" title for free here in BC!... i'll vote for you.

akabir77
October 10, 2006, 09:26 PM
guys same team no shadat..
source: tigerCricket.com

Braveheart
October 10, 2006, 09:31 PM
One thing you have to remember about Saqib's performance on last game. He was trying to hold on to the fort instead of attacking. Thats why he had a slower pace. If you read his profile in cricinfo you will see that he supposedly has higher strike rate in under-19 team. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/player/56143.html

Just be patient with the kid. He might turn out to be a very consistent performer Let see how he does in next 15-20 games. Good luck to him, ash and the whole bangladesh team tonight.

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 09:31 PM
How I am gonna watch the match? crickfreak has gone offline. Bunch of cheaters- Kill Them All.

looks like i got the better deal.

SMHasan
October 10, 2006, 09:33 PM
looks like i got the better deal.

Which deal you got sovik?

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 09:36 PM
Which deal you got sovik?

the deal that i was talking to you on MSN other day. champions trophy for 2 pounds.

SMHasan
October 10, 2006, 09:40 PM
Ok Sovik i got it. BTW no Shahadat in team again? Really bad because he is better than Rasel I believe. And the commentators were talking about him the other day as well. I don't know what the selectors have found in Rasel.

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 09:40 PM
Tigers unchanged for West Indies
TigerCricket.com Report from Jaipur
10-October-2006 <table class="tablestyle" id="Table3" style="border-collapse: collapse;" bordercolordark="#000080" bordercolorlight="#006699" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="120"> <tbody><tr> <td>http://www.tigercricket.com/Image/
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Bangladesh have retained the same XI from the one that played in Chandigarh for the their second game of the ICC Champions Trophy 2006 against the West Indies at Jaipur tomorrow (Tuesday).
Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) has been named the 12th man. The West Indies on the other hand have decided to wait till the toss on match day before declaring their squad.
Both teams trained at the RCA Academy adjacent to the venue Sawai Man Singh Stadium in the afternoon today.
Bangladesh: Habibibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (Vice Captain), Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib Al hasan, Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel.
12th man: Mehrab Hossain (Jr.)

Source (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=202)

SS
October 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
I hope this thread becomes longer and longer as we have no solutions left against WI. All we can do is go there and give everything whatever we are left with. Even Zimb will be a tough the two guys Masakadza and Taylor doing really good and built the partnership against SL. These two guys also destroyed our match last time we went there.

kaisermatin
October 10, 2006, 09:44 PM
whatmore said he did not undrestand the pitch...
bashar said he will be happy if they had an honorable defeat...

Are they using psychology on the West Indians or the BD FANS?

ZunIAD
October 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
Yea guys you have to look at the fact that 9 games that has being played in jaipur 5 of them has being won by chasing. Perhaps batting 2nd should be the option, ball tight restrict Windes around 250 or below and pace your innings as BD chases down the runs. Maybe i am wrong, its best what Bashar decides. One way the other lets hope BD wins :smug:

sar2005
October 10, 2006, 10:22 PM
So, it has been decided that no change is going to happen against WI. We definitely hope our 3SLA's can come up good in this match. also for BD, it would be important to face gyle's off-break with some authority. We don't need to go for unncessary big shots. Rather concerntrate on 5 singles in an over. Odd boundery will come.

We must bat first and target somethng 250+. Then eat WI batsman at dinner.
Goodluck BD......goodluck mates!!!!!!!!!

BD Tigers
October 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Wish all the best to the team. Go BD!!!

Ghumate gelam, dekha hobe abar khela'r shomoy.

Kamini
October 10, 2006, 10:25 PM
:-D :-D :-D :-D only 33 hours left. i beleive that we can beat windies

You think so?:-D

BD Tigers
October 10, 2006, 10:25 PM
Go BD!!! Wish you all the best.

Ghumate gelam...dekha hobe abar khela'r shomoy!!!

Murad
October 10, 2006, 10:26 PM
oh why isnt anybody saying anything here?????
every1 sleeping early to watch the game???????/

Kamini
October 10, 2006, 10:27 PM
Q. Who is the BD player who says he will miss Ganguly's sixes off his own bowling?

First correct answer gets a prize.

Kamini
October 10, 2006, 10:29 PM
:-D :-* Q. Who is the BD player who says he will miss Ganguly's sixes off his own bowling?

cricket_pagol
October 10, 2006, 10:38 PM
Playing XI announced:

Bangladesh: Habibibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (Vice Captain), Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib Al hasan, Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel.

Miraz
October 10, 2006, 10:50 PM
Lara wants to win emphatically and seems to be not at all worried about facing Bangladesh. Couple of quotes by Lara from the preview of the match

"If you play against a team lower ranked than yourselves, you must be able to give yourself a handicap," he added. "Bangladesh can play very good cricket but it's important that we win emphatically, it's important that we put the distance between them and us. It's not about chasing down a target in a certain number of overs or anything, just that you would know when you're forcing yourself on the opposition. That's what we're looking to do tomorrow."

Preview from Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/current/story/262239.html)

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 11:01 PM
Playing XI announced:

this is your ten man squad. you are missing reza

Baundule
October 10, 2006, 11:02 PM

shujan
October 10, 2006, 11:04 PM
"Our main objective is to win the match, but I will not mind if we can produce our best and then lose the match," -Bashar (DailyStar)

Salar mentality looser. He could have said if we can produce our best we will win the match.

It is amazing how easily he takes a lose. Shameless!! :hairpull:

BanglaCool
October 10, 2006, 11:07 PM
I changed my flight schedule only for that match.....plz atleast ai match a ekta win chai...Cause it might take long time when I will be able to watch Bangladesh cricket match again....i want to see a happy Bangladesh cricket team after the match....plz Allah
Are you going to Mars?:confused:

shujan
October 10, 2006, 11:09 PM
SS,
SL bowlers Malinga bowled at times 91 mph but mostly on 89+ mph. Fernando bowled on 85-90 range. Maharoof bowled with the dew (which speeds up after pitching). 3 seamers.

So the key is to bat first on this track. There is a huge chance of winning against the WI for the first time. Lara would have to retire then. Didn't he garantee last time if he lost against BD he would retire when we visited WI? Or was it in test? :)

Easy boy! Thats too much information for SS to process!!:p

cricket_dorshok
October 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
Tigers unchanged for West Indies

Hope results will change!!!

cricket_dorshok
October 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
West Indies expect a tougher contest against Bangladesh after dismissing the challenge of Zimbabwe in their opening ICC Champions Trophy game. --BBC

shujan
October 10, 2006, 11:18 PM
back in 2004 we were all out for 131 and WI won by 138 runs
That time we had our kapali with us and altleast Pilot could bat with Ash in form.

This time we have none of them playing or performing. it also shows last match we were 78/4 but for Saqib it went upto 265.

I wonder these two years why the batsmen couldn't even improve

SS,
(265 - 131) = 134 . Bangladesh doubled their run and then some. You cannot calculate the improvement!! I hope you are not building bridges!!;)

Sovik
October 10, 2006, 11:19 PM

otherwise we are doomed

FagunerAgun
October 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
:flag: Go BD GoGo BD Go:flag:
How long I have to wait for the game!:head:
BD think tank kept the same XI:floor:
:joy: :joy: Young guys, this is your show time:joy: :joy:

Saqib :great: :bravo:

nasifkhan
October 10, 2006, 11:23 PM
Shahadat in Rasel out

if the above happens....then ami apnake ..." Hotel Al-Saladia Dhaka " e free kawabo......for the rest of your life....

habfreak
October 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
:-D :-* Q. Who is the BD player who says he will miss Ganguly's sixes off his own bowling?

wild guess...Rafiq vai? he got hit for a few if i remember correctly when he opened the bowling for some weird reason in Dhaka back in 2001.

SS
October 10, 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't think Mash,Russel or Forhad can do anything with their current form, especially how they bowled last match.

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 12:06 AM
I don't think Mash,Russel or Forhad can do anything with their current form, especially how they bowled last match.

Come on mate, don't compare with last matches how they did. Every game in this level is a different ball game and definitely they are capable (I will say, Mashrafi for sure) to take few early wickets. Don't they beat batsman very closely? All I want is our good luck with us. If we have a good day in terms of luck, definitely Mashrafi and Russel can pick up few early wickets. Let's hope for the best.

Besides, out batsman must have to perform to make any sort of impact on opponant.

Fazal
October 11, 2006, 12:18 AM
http://www.tigercricket.com/pgallery/Dav7102006.jpg
Coach Dav Whatmore sums up the positives and negatives about playing without cloths. Who is that Nengta in the middle?

SS
October 11, 2006, 12:22 AM
Shala shob koita Alshe...look at their body languguage

rudro
October 11, 2006, 12:24 AM
He is Mashrafe (I guess). Do you see how attentive Ash is there? His brain even can't digest it and made him fall asleep.

SS
October 11, 2006, 12:25 AM
back in 2004 we were all out for 131 and WI won by 138 runs
That time we had our kapali with us and altleast Pilot could bat with Ash in form.

This time we have none of them playing or performing. it also shows last match we were 78/4 but for Saqib it went upto 265.

rudro
October 11, 2006, 12:26 AM
Shala shob koita Alshe...look at their body languguage
Bhat, bhat....bhat bondho koira den, shob ghum shes hoiya jaibo.

rudro
October 11, 2006, 12:28 AM
Gadha pitiye ghora banano jai na. Ghora jonmay!

BanglaCool
October 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
Can't Wait!
3 more hours to go!

Fazal
October 11, 2006, 12:51 AM
some tidbits from theDaily Star:

He crooned Bangla, English and Hindi songs with aplomb much to the delight of the Tigers at the team hotel in Jaipur. "Mehrab is a very good singer. He sang some Bangla, English and Hindi songs which were really good," informed wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud.

Hmmm quite talented. Only lets see whether he can sing with his bat and ball also.

Although Rafique's birthday was celebrated peacefully in the confinement of the posh hotel, it cratered confusion among the local journalists as it contradicted the official date put in different websites. "I don't care with the official version. My son even celebrated my birthday at home," said Rafique with a naive smile.

Hmmmm hatey natey Dhora. Good try Rafique.

While the crowded city is best explored on foot, the cricketers have been asked not to go out without any security permission or walk here and there.
"There is a security alert here that's why our movement is restricted. I think India is coming here that's why they took the initiative," said Bangladesh manager Khaled Mahmud.

So the restriction was not because of BD player's security, but rather Indian Team is comming in the city? Quite Strange.

cricket_dorshok
October 11, 2006, 01:03 AM
s
So the restriction was not because of BD player's security, but rather Indian Team is comming in the city? Quite Strange.

What else you can expect from current Indian board.

fan_frm_the_uk
October 11, 2006, 01:27 AM
Easy boy! Thats too much information for SS to process!!:p

as far i know the fastest ball was bowled by D fernando (93 mph)!!!!!!

fan_frm_the_uk
October 11, 2006, 01:32 AM
another 2 hours n half to wait. cudnt sleep last nite!!! doesnt matter..... jus hoping 4 a win.....

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 01:33 AM
If Bangladesh win the toss they should bat first this time

fan_frm_the_uk
October 11, 2006, 01:45 AM
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=6&articleid=1010200623422781210102006234025734

BostonTigers
October 11, 2006, 01:47 AM
amader management er sommossa ki. why r we taking rasel instead of shahdat. Rasel went for so many runs in the last match, and Gayle and Co. are not gonna let go of him either. Ofcourse Ashfool saheb er position pakka. hopefully he will take a different approach today not simply block everything. SN seemed little nervous as well. hopefully he wont be so today. lets all pray for a win tonite.

billah
October 11, 2006, 02:09 AM
amader management er sommossa ki. why r we taking rasel instead of shahdat. Rasel went for so many runs in the last match, and Gayle and Co. are not gonna let go of him either. Ofcourse Ashfool saheb er position pakka. hopefully he will take a different approach today not simply block everything. SN seemed little nervous as well. hopefully he wont be so today. lets all pray for a win tonite.

বস্টনের বাঘ মামা: আসলে এই সিদ্ধান্তটা যুক্তিসংগত। This pitch is gonna be different in nature. When your delivery is turning both ways even before touching the ground (in the case of Rasel) - Good.

But when your delivering at a higher pace (WI plays pace quite well) with less of a swing, and the ball is losing its gusto as it hits this "sand-pit" (so-called by our ওস্তাদ), it's a pie for Lara and company. This is why even 3 days ago I actually was talking here in another thread about keeping Rasel and not including Shahadat in the playing eleven. Kinda glad about it. Let's see what Rasel does with the opportunity

nmhimal
October 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
we will beat WI today.

Orpheus
October 11, 2006, 02:26 AM
we will beat WI today.

INSHALLAH....

WEST INDIES PACHAI LATTHI DIBO AJKE...

desirocker
October 11, 2006, 03:00 AM
[QUOTE=Tigers_eye;340144]Bangladesh will take on the West Indies at Jaipur, India on their second match in this year's (2006) Champion's Trophy. I hope BD will win, Inshallah.

Yes bro, i believe we will win, may Allah have us win today's game and the game aginst ZIM. That's all i hope for about this year's Champion Trophy....:flag:
:flag: Playing Cricket for a country is a great way of earning RESPECT:flag:

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 03:10 AM
Any news on the toss or the teams?

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:31 AM
Bangladesh has won the toss and decided to bat first

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:33 AM
Target should be scoring 280. Is it too much to ask from Ash, Nafees, Aftab, Saqib, Bashar????

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 03:34 AM
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 03:34 AM
thats very good news

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 03:36 AM
Target should be scoring 280. Is it too much to ask from Ash, Nafees, Aftab, Saqib, Bashar????
logical but too much for them.

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 03:37 AM
So, West Indies go into this match with only one change. Corey Collymore replaces Dwayne Smith and Bangladesh go into this contest with the same side.

NO shahadat why?

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:38 AM
Only one change for WI.
Corey Collymore replaces Dwayne Smith

cricket_pagol
October 11, 2006, 03:39 AM
happy toss bangladesh winning the toss and batting.

Dwtne smith can be a dangerous batsmen sometimes, good that he is not playing

real123
October 11, 2006, 03:40 AM
crickinfo says BD won the toss and elected to bat--atlast!!

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:43 AM
Taylor, Bradshow, Collimore, Bravo................bowling line up look very much pace dependent. Hope the ball will not swing that much in India. We don't want to loose many wickets early as we do always. We MUST need to bat 20 overs with the loss of 1/2 wicket if we want to make it a game.

come on guys..............

Baundule
October 11, 2006, 03:43 AM
Happy to see Bashar did not choose to bowl first again. Good luck!

kalpurush
October 11, 2006, 03:44 AM
Ei Ramzan mase Allah-r kache ekta jinis-e chai....a win against WI today!:-D

Omio
October 11, 2006, 03:45 AM
yap, wish agood luck for our team..

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:45 AM
Edwar is not there.......I think, he is very quick and have lot of out swing with is not easy to play. Anyway he is not there.

Sovik
October 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
this time we are batting

patriot
October 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
hello guyz....
nver knew v had so many tigers fans...
u guyz r sinply amazing...

newayz ...hope bangladesh emerge victorious 2day...

cricket_dorshok
October 11, 2006, 03:48 AM
Guys, match suppose to start now.

Sovik
colymore in for smith. they will have an extra bowler who is very good

cricket_dorshok
hello guyz....

Wellcome to BC!!!

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:49 AM
Ei Ramzan mase Allah-r kache ekta jinis-e chai....a win against WI today!:-D

Ash kori zozadarder doa Allah kobul korben inshallah.

Baundule
October 11, 2006, 03:49 AM
hello guyz....

Welcome!

kalpurush
October 11, 2006, 03:50 AM
Happy to see Bashar did not choose to bowl first again. Good luck!

As he was advised!:-D

Bugz
October 11, 2006, 03:50 AM
Hey guys, lets hope it goes well.

Off topic: Can anyone tell me how Tamim is progressing?

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 03:51 AM
hello guyz....

Welcome on board.
Hope you have come here with a win for BD.

cricket_dorshok
Hours of play: 14.15 start, First Session 14.15-17.45 Interval 17.45-18.30, Second Session 18.30-22.00
Current time: 14:19 local, 08:49 GMT --CI

will it start at 9:00GMT?

Sovik
9 matches have been played so far on this ground.

4 won who batted first and 5, who batted second.
avarage 1st innings total- 247
highest total-303/5
lowest 135

PoorFan
Ok, we are batting today, that's nice. Wellcome to BC patriot.

Furtibaaz
October 11, 2006, 03:52 AM
Has the game started ?

PoorFan
October 11, 2006, 03:54 AM
The pitch looks dry, flat, devoid of grass and ideal for batting.

Lets see how ideal batting BD players present. Good luck guys!

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 03:56 AM
whats your speculation? i guess bd can score 210 runs........lets be realistic ....

Sovik
October 11, 2006, 03:58 AM
players are on the way to the middle

salin
October 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
No dear it has to be 300+

ammark
shuru hoitase.... Go BD

zman
halar west indian ra ektu beshi beshi optmism dekhaitese.. lara koy we're out here to crush our opposition today.. koyek mash ageo oder obostha eto kharap silo je bangladesher shathe series khelle confirm harto.. hopefully their overconfidence will backfire today and our cricketers will make them eat their words inshallah

BD_Ashraful
game starting now

thasan
October 11, 2006, 04:01 AM
hmm..its just that WI played good against india and australia. baloon futa hoite beshi time lagbo na i hope...
go bd go!

BD_Ashraful

sar2005
O Allah! Help us.

kalpurush
4444444444444!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salin

ammark
Four! Beauty. First Ball!

cricket_pagol
October 11, 2006, 04:02 AM
good start by SN, excellent shot

sar2005
first ball 444444444444444444444444444

Baundule
Cant watch the match, in the office. Thanks in advance to all of you, who keep us updated with the score and news.

Imtiaz
October 11, 2006, 04:03 AM
বস্টনের বাঘ মামা: আসলে এই সিদ্ধান্তটা যুক্তিসংগত। This pitch is gonna be different in nature. When your delivery is turning both ways even before touching the ground (in the case of Rasel) - Good.

But when your delivering at a higher pace (WI plays pace quite well) with less of a swing, and the ball is losing its gusto as it hits this "sand-pit" (so-called by our ওস্তাদ), it's a pie for Lara and company. This is why even 3 days ago I actually was talking here in another thread about keeping Rasel and not including Shahadat in the playing eleven. Kinda glad about it. Let's see what Rasel does with the opportunity

Rasel must be in the side. He has the potential to take two quick wickets. He is also dangerous against left handed batsmen as he takes the ball away from them. His scrambled deliveries brings it back sometimes to the bewilderment of the batsman [ Sangakarra in Colombo ]

Shehwar
Bring it on baby! What a start of the first ball!

vv_sunil
0.1 Taylor to Shahriar Nafees, FOUR!!, short and wide outside off, Shahriar Nafees goes on the backfoot and slices it to deep backward point, fantastic shot, great start for the Bangladeshis!!!

ammark
October 11, 2006, 04:04 AM
that just jumped on Nafees. lucky to not get out

Shehwar
good shot...well saved..nafees looking good....4/0 after 1st over

ammark
this is the perfect pitch for ashraful to repeat his summer 2005 england antics. IT'd be a shame if he misses

(end of 1st over, BD 4 for no loss)

kalpurush
October 11, 2006, 04:05 AM
It would be a daunting task fo BD....

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
why it's taking too much time?

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
bd batting korle amer heart beat bere jai........komanor upai ki? .......ami i physically weak?

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 04:07 AM
cricket4u

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 04:07 AM
what happen? it's scarry...............who is sharing the new ball????????

BD_Ashraful
October 11, 2006, 04:08 AM
cricket4u is down

Shehwar
October 11, 2006, 04:09 AM
good shot off the backfoot by Nafees....7/0 after 2 overs.

ammark
October 11, 2006, 04:09 AM
3 runs off 2nd over. BD 7/0

ammark
October 11, 2006, 04:10 AM
the ball isnt doing much... either it isnt much movement or its not much bounce. the onus is on the batsman to attack.

Ravi Shastri says the pitch will get lower and slower as it progresses

Baundule
October 11, 2006, 04:10 AM
WI bowler ra ekbar maar khaite shuru korle loose delivery dibe. I have a feeling that Ashraful is going to play a very good innings today. Just feeling, not hoping. He is almost always a heart-breaker!

ammark
October 11, 2006, 04:11 AM
okay now my stream is frozen! Stupid CBN. I hope enjoydesi switches to Sky sports stream instead now

anik
is it just me or the cricet4u.net is not working?

sunny747
nafees looks like in good knock today..

kalpurush
October 11, 2006, 04:12 AM
CBN-a jantrik golojog!

Ajfar
October 11, 2006, 04:13 AM
cricket4u is back.....gooooooooooo bangladesh...go red..fight white...win..T..O..N..I...G..H..T...bangla mayer damal chele ageie cholo..ageie cholo...

6alltheway
October 11, 2006, 07:06 AM
bangldesh are ****, ashrfool, bashra and saqib all messed it up for us.

same ol story............

we need a miracle to win this match now.

Murad
October 11, 2006, 07:07 AM
ato bhalo start theke ato kharap obostha.....

bashar je ki jonne captain hoise.. ki jani.. kono responsibility dekha jai na taar vitore..

baal ta khele

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:12 AM
was the site down ? what happened.

Braveheart
How miserable I feel right now, can't describe it words.

What is wrong with these stupid batsmen? I have been a staunce supporter of Ashraful but he certainly looks uncomfortable in opening. push him back to 5th position.

SMHasan
How comes there is no posts between 10 am and 1 pm? BC was down thats why?

Sovik
October 11, 2006, 07:13 AM
all the things we have said

Murad
October 11, 2006, 07:16 AM
161 all out..
bashar is the one to be blames today..

emon situation a erokom khele..

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:17 AM
Bangladesh: 161-all out (46.3 Ovs)

Sovik
October 11, 2006, 07:18 AM
ramiz raza critisizing pilot for being selfish, exposing tail enders. not keeping the strike

Sahid
pathetic !! after such a good start. BD is such a crap team.

Baundule
O man! The site is finally up! Great works by the BD batsmen.
Give them some fresh milk.

nannu
chi chi chi... chih

nannu

istiak
October 11, 2006, 07:19 AM
Poor!

CTazim
October 11, 2006, 07:19 AM
Bashar was an IDIOT. Still an Idiot and should be replaced as the captain. There is no strategy what so ever. Nothing dynamic about handling things a bit differently. It can't get any more predictable than this. Whatmore is a pathetic coach and Bashar is a pathetic captain and Faruk is a lousy selector.

Whatmore takes promising U-19 players and make them worse apart from making existing senior good (???) talent worse. This is not what a coach should be.. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPLACED A LONG TIME AGO WITH MCINNES OR ALLSTAIRE. Whatmore supporter may give the current statistics.. But he has been at the helm for over 3 years and he has not taken us any further than what we could have achieved anyways. We have had more success at the U-19 level with coach McInnes and Allstaire Cook then Whatmore.

blahmaster
October 11, 2006, 07:20 AM
chagol-gula-re lengta kore fielding korano uchit.. specially bashar should be all lengta out there.. shala ram chagol.. what a show ????!!!!!

Sahid
for a change atleast,we are not going to blame the decision of batting first ,as was the source of complaint in the 1st match

SMHasan
Cant believe we were 90-1 then reduced to 150-8. I am shocked, stunned. Simply we dont know how to play cricket, how to build an innings. I always say this. We are doomed. Don't think there is any chance in this match.

sunny747
ash.........lathi maira bair kore daoya uchit.........we need to think abt our captain also...........well, everybodies fault.....who to blame?

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
pathetic !! pathetic !! pathetic !!pathetic !!pathetic !!

oracle
October 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
Not one to jump into conclusions- but I think Bashar is not suited to be a ODI captain.

sar2005
October 11, 2006, 07:22 AM
161 - Allout!

What a shame!! How long I have to live with a breaking heart.
How can a country go so bad from 95/1. We always blame toporders, but if top orders perform, we f*** with the middle order.

ash - 2
saqib - 0
bashar - 0
Reza - 7

4 specialist batsman, together 9!!!!!!!! What a performance from our jamai er dol. Ei shala gularey khamokha taka dey. Chotolok gula bina poyshay khela uchit.

Good bye Bangla Cricket and friends.
I am off for one month. Give me a break! I don't want to think about this stupid team for next one month (if possible anymore). They have dis-hearted me most in my whole life. Cricket is/was my only passion and it looks like it's not too far when I will completely forget cricket.

SMHasan
Bashar was an IDIOT. Still an Idiot and should be replaced as the captain. There is no strategy what so ever. Nothing dynamic about handling things a bit differently. It can't get any more predictable than this. Whatmore is a pathetic coach and Bashar is a pathetic captain and Faruk is a lousy selector.

Whatmore takes promising U-19 players and make them worse apart from making good talents worse. This is not what a coach should be.. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPLACES A LONG TIME AGO WITH MCINNES OR ALLSTAIRE.

Amra sobai gadha. Coach, player, management sobai.

Sahid
bashar laid 2 eggs in the CT so far

Ajfar
bangladesh haire bangladesh...ses sob ses....bangladesh jodi zim er kache hare amar kan kaita falamu...eto raag uttase...habibul re kache paile ditam dui ta thappor......

sunny747
open up guys..we are still the team of 150 runs......we are going to lose with zimbabwe also.......all of u were talking about 280+ and i predicted 210 runs..even that didn't happen..horrible......

nannu
October 11, 2006, 07:23 AM
well 2 inside edges, 1 doubtfull decision of rafique out. and 1 genious catch that kept low.
i think we also missed the luck today. we are not that bad team.

nannu

SMHasan
Not one to jump into conclusions- but I think Bashar is not suited to be a ODI captain.

Exactly.

sunny747
bashar laid 2 eggs in the CT so far

u made me laugh in this worse situations.........thank you..

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:24 AM
I think saqib's out was the turning point,had he stayed for 10 mins,things would have been different.

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 07:25 AM
our captain can't even face a single ball......even i can do that!!! what do you expect from this team when the captains shows nothing but laying egg......

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 07:25 AM
ramiz raza critisizing pilot for being selfish, exposing tail enders. not keeping the strike
That touches my heart...I said this before in other way...

istiak
October 11, 2006, 07:27 AM
I didn't mange to watch how Basher and other got out but i saw how Ashraful got out!! A almost full length ball and he went on backfoot to pull.... If this is what an oper think correct then we need to replace him as soon as possible.

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 07:27 AM
That touches my heart...I said this before in other way...

pilot did this many time b4........selfish........

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 11, 2006, 07:29 AM
bashar to ekoy kotha prottekbaar bolay.............goto 5 years dhoira shey jitar chestaai korteseyy..taar shommanjonok haara!!!.............emon ekta cruical shomoye shey run korlo koto???prottekdin sakib aar farhad khelbo!?

MarufH
October 11, 2006, 07:29 AM
Collymore to Saqibul Hasan, OUT, Lazy footwork from Hasan, inside edge attempting a loose drive and the balls cannons into his off stump. "That's ****," splutters the Father of Bangladesh Cricket. He has a point cricinfo

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:30 AM
for today's durgoti,there are more eligible candidates to blame other than pilot

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 07:30 AM
did anybody see the match? ......how is the pitch acting by the way.............can we put any fight?

Orion
October 11, 2006, 07:31 AM
Bashar sucks as captain.....no freaking body language.........we are dead....this game is over.....i was actually hoping for a 300 after 91/1......how pathetic!!!!!!

istiak
October 11, 2006, 07:34 AM
well 2 inside edges, 1 doubtfull decision of rafique out. and 1 genious catch that kept low.
i think we also missed the luck today. we are not that bad team.

nannu

I am not so sure.....Two ealy lives for Aftab otherwise we might score same what zim did that day

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 07:34 AM
for today's durgoti,there are more eligible candidates to blame other than pilot
Bashar+Ash+Pilot, they should be dropped from team as soon as possible.

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 07:37 AM
I am not so sure.....Two ealy lives for Aftab otherwise we might score same what zim did that day
If Aftab did not get life on 15...we might be all out by 100.

boka
October 11, 2006, 07:37 AM
Game is not over yet... just think about Kenya and their 163 odd runs.... we now need to focus on our spin department....

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

sunny747
October 11, 2006, 07:38 AM
WI will score that run in 20 overs for sure

SMHasan
Lot of people are watching this match in webcast. Pitch is good for batting might change in the evening. But there is no excuse. We are doomed.

We are lacking in determination, fighting spirit. We dont know how to react according to the situation. We don't know how to build an innings. So unimpressed! I am shocked.

sunny747
Game is not over yet... just think about Kenya and their 163 odd runs.... we now need to focus on our spin department....

WI has changed a lot since that time......

CricFanBD
October 11, 2006, 07:39 AM
161 - Allout!

What a shame!! How long I have to live with a breaking heart.
How can a country go so bad from 95/1. We always blame toporders, but if top orders perform, we f*** with the middle order.

ash - 2
saqib - 0
bashar - 0
Reza - 7

They are 007

blahmaster
October 11, 2006, 07:39 AM

Are you out of your mind? It's well beyond over... can't believe we are all staying up and rooting for a bunch of morons.

nannu
October 11, 2006, 07:42 AM
but we are still taying up. why actually?

nannu

Sahid
October 11, 2006, 07:43 AM

dhong kortasen.

ZaKi
October 11, 2006, 07:45 AM
Fall of wickets<NOBR>1-10 (Mohammad Ashraful, 4.2 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>2-95 (Shahriar Nafees, 19.5 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>3-96 (Saqibul Hasan, 20.3 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>4-96 (Habibul Bashar, 20.4 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>5-107 (Aftab Ahmed, 23.5 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>6-111 (Farhad Reza, 26.3 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>7-125 (Mohammad Rafique, 31.2 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>8-132 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 34.2 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>9-151 (Abdur Razzak, 40.6 ov)</NOBR>, <NOBR>10-161 (Syed Rasel, 46.3 ov)</NOBR> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/engine/match/249742.html?innings=1;view=fow;wrappertype=mainfra me)

From 95/1 to 132/8

Simply Pathetic......

Mahmood
October 11, 2006, 07:45 AM
I have to agree, time to let Bashar go, he has served his country well, but his time has come.

Baundule
October 11, 2006, 07:47 AM
It is the normal show ;)
I dont take anything from this match. Seriously thinking how we will handle Zim. Man-shomman niya tanatani lagte pare.

ZaKi
October 11, 2006, 07:47 AM

hmm apner nick boka nah bhai.........:p