PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! What Now?!?

MarufH
October 16, 2006, 12:50 AM
Champions Trophy 2006
Asif and Akhtar to be sent back
Osman Samiuddin
October 16, 2006
Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif have both been recalled to Pakistan and will miss the Champions Trophy after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs following an internal Pakistan Cricket Board drugs test. The news comes on the back of an autumn of turbulence for Pakistan cricket, taking in the Oval fiasco, the captaincy saga and the replacement of the head of the board and severely dents Pakistan's chances in the tournament, due to begin tomorrow with a match against Sri Lanka.

Source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/current/story/263238.html

They seem to be in series of trouble. can it be worst? :hairpull:

reverse_swing
October 16, 2006, 02:57 AM
Well, I am not surprised at all.

battye
October 16, 2006, 03:03 AM
Going from bad to worse for Pakistan.

pagla bowler
October 16, 2006, 04:08 AM
they are like that, fack cricketers and cheaters, they are not honest as a team anyway,sad for the pak fans........

CricFanBD
October 16, 2006, 07:29 AM
This is the true picture of Pakistan Cricket...I am very glad to hear that...

Mahmood
October 16, 2006, 07:34 AM
What a weird coincidence. In Pakistan, Asif and Shoaib is being sent back home for drugs. In Bangladesh, the opposite, Asif and Shoaib being sent away from home to get properper drugs.

TheWatcher
October 16, 2006, 07:50 AM
They might be victims of a faulty drug test-

The testing procedures have not been without controversy though. Athletes who have been caught have often cited the use of Creatine and the consumption of protein shakes as the reason for positive tests. An Aberdeen University study suggests that they may have a point. According to that, consumption of dietary supplements in conjunction with heavy physical training can result in the athlete returning a positive test for Nandrolone. As with many drugs, including THG that was involved in the infamous BALCO case, our knowledge is far from comprehensive. And as long as that remains the case, the protestations of innocence from those caught may just have a ring of truth to them.

-Dileep Premachandran
Cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/story/263266.html)

Tintin
October 16, 2006, 08:07 AM
heavy physical training

That doesn't sound like Shoaib Akhtar :)

Sovik
October 16, 2006, 10:52 AM
shocked. there are rumor about rana too

akabir77
October 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
TIGERS SMELL AN OLD RAT
The Bangladesh cricket team was shocked by the incident of positive doping tests of two Pakistani fast bowlers.

And interestingly the incident brought back the memory of their close contest in the Peshwar Test in 2003 where Pakistan paceman Shoaib Akhter destroyed Bangladesh's hope, picking up three quick wickets after a break.
"They way he was fired up after the break seemed dubious to us. We had talked about it inside the team," said a player on condition of anonymity.

Source: thedailystar.net

No wonder.

Hatebreed
October 16, 2006, 02:06 PM
No Inzy, no Shoaib and Asif.. Pak's key players are not playing CT, and as controverisal as the Pak team can get I'm still not convinced there is nothing fishy going on. Is Shoaib dumb enough to deliberately take substance knowing he'd be at the centre of attention because of his deadly pace, especially after the recent controversies? Something to think about..

Orion
October 16, 2006, 04:10 PM
Pakistan can go to hell along with Shoaib, Asif and Inzi. I am really glad it happened. Maybe now we can overtake them in rankings....

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2006, 04:15 PM
TIGERS SMELL AN OLD RAT
The Bangladesh cricket team was shocked by the incident of positive doping tests of two Pakistani fast bowlers.

And interestingly the incident brought back the memory of their close contest in the Peshwar Test in 2003 where Pakistan paceman Shoaib Akhter destroyed Bangladesh's hope, picking up three quick wickets after a break.
"They way he was fired up after the break seemed dubious to us. We had talked about it inside the team," said a player on condition of anonymity.

No wonder.
Nice find. Can this be posted on BC front page?

Since we are always under the receiving end of bribery or unfair practices let that blame go to someone else.

cricman
October 16, 2006, 05:16 PM
This was the Test

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahewKgz1qeo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahewKgz1qeo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Just check from 310-2 to 320-7

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_v5g__7rA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_v5g__7rA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

habfreak
October 16, 2006, 05:29 PM
so now that Shoaib's career is over...can we say hello to the "new speed star"...Shahadat! :)

Spitfire_x86
October 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
TIGERS SMELL AN OLD RAT

No wonder.
Nice find. Can this be posted on BC front page?

Since we are always under the receiving end of bribery or unfair practices let that blame go to someone else.
Nandrolone doesn't sound like an instant performance booster.

If it's not, then it doesn't make any sense at all.

cricman
October 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
Nandrolone doesn't sound like an instant performance booster.

If it's not, then it doesn't make any sense at all.

Taking steriods also affects a players attitude and mood, now Shoaib could of been just really pumped up for taking 6 wickets but theres a few athletes who act with a fire under them aka Leyton Hewitt and Kenny Rogers. Shoiab is usally a calm cool cat who talks alot but not a athlete who PMS's.

BangladeshFan
October 16, 2006, 05:52 PM
is this the first test being carried out on shoaib? if it is, all those near 100 mph deliveries were contribution of performance enhancing drugs and all those batsman who got their wickets shattered must feel agrieved.

i hope regular tests are carried out, we may well find many pacers with extreme pace or extreme swing get caught in the net, and that is probably our only hope to get forward in icc rankings:)

CricFanBD
October 16, 2006, 06:45 PM
TIGERS SMELL AN OLD RAT

No wonder.
So I think to get the win against weak Bangladesh Team Paki players captured a lot of deceitful things:
1) Probable Akther took Drugs in that match.
2) Rashid Latif took the ball from Ground and appealed for out (Alok Kapali).

What a shameful team (Pakistan) !!!!!!

CricFanBD
October 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
I hope Sri Lanka will crush this dishonorable team very well on Today. Eat them all very quickly…with the sound “Kuch-Kuch”, “Mooch-Mooch”. I am eagerly waiting to hear that sound.

shaoun
October 17, 2006, 01:18 AM
pakistan team is better of shoaib. he always made problems for pakistan. he is a great bowler but he thinks he is better then he actually is. pakistan may miss him for some time but he will overcome his absence very soon. i think shoaib being out of the team is a good news for pakistan.

gladiator
October 17, 2006, 07:00 AM
You guys are pathetic to say the least.

This is not the first drug testing, players know it can end their career.
The dugs most likely came from the recovery routine.

shoaib and asif were both injured recently and they were being given all sort of supplements to boost their recovery. The drug was the same in both and probabally a stupid doctor used it withough thinking that it can take the players out of the game.

Now claiming that bowlers needed drugs to win against might BD is pathetic.

SS
October 17, 2006, 11:44 AM
What a show by Razzaq and Malik...damn this team is good even without superstars.

Fazal
October 17, 2006, 11:48 AM
Oh no! What Now?!?

Nothing much. As ususal. Another routine performance and clinical execution by the team. And ofcourse another win.

Hatebreed
October 17, 2006, 11:49 AM
Pakistan board to have zero-tolerance on doping (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/current/story/263482.html)

Cricinfo staff
October 17, 2006

Naseem Ashraf has said that the PCB would back players who lodge appeals © AFP

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has said that it would adopt a zero-tolerance policy on doping but would allow the concerned players to fully present their part of the story before the relevant tribunal. Fast bowlers Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar were sent back home yesterday, on the eve of Pakistan's opening encounter in the Champions Trophy in Jaipur, after failing a dope test conducted by the PCB. The players had tested positive for Nandrolone, a banned steroid.

"We have zero tolerance as doping is a very serious thing and we would deal with it in a flawless manner," Naseem Ashraf, the PCB chairman, told AFP. "But we will give every chance to our players. They are our best players and we would give them a full chance to give their viewpoint when they appear before the doping tribunal."

The PCB yesterday clarified that the players were required to take two urine samples, A and B, with Sample A tested initially and sent back to the players. But if a player disagreed with the results, he can request sample B to be tested. Until then, Sample B would remain at the testing laboratory. Both Asif and Shoaib have not appealed yet.

According to the ICC's rules, a player found guilty of a doping offence could face a ban of a minimum of two years but since the tests were conducted by the PCB, it is upto the board to deal with the issue. Ashraf did not give any timeframe for the ban.

However, Danish Zaheer, president of the Sports Medicine Association of Pakistan, has said that there could be an outlet for the banned players, if they can prove that the substance was not obtained through external means.

"Nandrolone is normally taken under medical supervision as it is used in injectable form but recent theories suggest this substance is naturally produced in athletes' bodies," Zaheer told AFP. "Both players can claim that they have bodies that normally produce such banned substances more than the prescribed quantity - that is a possible theory."

Meanwhile, Cricket Australia praised the PCB for its handling of the episode and the prompt action taken against the players. The Australian media too praised Pakistan for "acting bravely", with the same energy with which it tackled the match-fixing crisis in the 1990s.

"It's good to hear the Pakistanis have taken the approach they have and it shows they are taking the matter seriously," said James Sutherland, Cricket Australia's chief executive. "It's something no sport wants or needs."

Hatebreed
October 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
Congrats to Pak for their win against SL. Razzak batted brilliantly under pressure. It's a pity their team is going through so much controversy, such a bad time in cricket history. I'd at least hoped Md. Asif would play coz he's a genuinely good bowler, and now that the competition has become rather one sided. It's left up to Pak's batsmen to pull it off.

BangladeshFan
October 17, 2006, 05:52 PM

shoaib and asif were both injured recently and they were being given all sort of supplements to boost their recovery. The drug was the same in both and probabally a stupid doctor used it withough thinking that it can take the players out of the game.

those drugs not just helps recover muscles but make them stronger. it is a definite help for fast bowlers. moreover if a player is found positive it is his own responsibility, he cant claim innocence and get away. if shoaib has taken it now, it may also be that he has taken it before. taking drugs is equivalent to cheating and he and asif should be punished

CricFanBD
October 17, 2006, 06:20 PM

Hi Paki Lover,

I need to say you something.

First of all, the name of this Forum is “Bangla Cricket”. I think you understand its meaning. We always feel proud and support our Bangladesh Team. Sometimes we criticize our team but we always have a very big soft corner for our country.

If you have some memory you should know that after that match (test is paki) some Bangladeshi players expressed their feelings about Akhter. They guessed that Akhter probably took something in the break. Because after the break he took quick 3 wicket. And that’s not all. Rashid Latif took the ball from Ground and appealed for out (Alok Kapali) and he got his punishment for this deceiving effort after the match. And the result is: BD lost by only 1 wicket.

Now Akhter is accused for taking drugs. So there is an 80% chance that he took the drugs on that match also. Why not?

Pakistan already proved that they are the scandalous team in this world. They can do anything like: Taking Drugs, Rape Girls (Akhter was accused once in SA), Taking roots (Paki accused guilty in one WI’s tour), Ball-tempering, Captaincy scandal…lot of things.

Bancan
October 17, 2006, 08:17 PM
y is he pathetic paki supporter. y is it a shame. he has the right to express his opinion.
and also gladiator u shouldnt call anyone pathetic. there are ways to express yourself without using offensive words.

Beamer
October 17, 2006, 09:57 PM
Asif would have been the prime candidate for the "emerging cricketer " award later to be announced next month. Now, that won't surely happen. What do you guys think? our Nafees bettered his chance a bit beacuse of this, though I reckon, it will be still difficult for him to win it.

Hatebreed
October 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
CricFanBD, there is really no need for so much hostility. It's possible to express your opinion without using racial slurs.

As for gladiator, when you come to a fansite of another cricketing nation you should first respect its members. Criticism is no excuse for belittling people.

CricFanBD
October 17, 2006, 10:42 PM
CricFanBD, there is really no need for so much hostility. It's possible to express your opinion without using racial slurs.

As for gladiator, when you come to a fansite of another cricketing nation you should first respect its members. Criticism is no excuse for belittling people.

Sorry to all for my last post…yeah it was aggressive and my expression was not right. I already edited my last post. Sorry again.

Kamini
October 19, 2006, 12:04 AM
I read an article in Bartaman, where reportedly a person claimed that Asif and Akhtaar are long time Drug users...he has seen them receiving and consuming drugs etc.

CricFanBD
October 19, 2006, 01:15 AM
I read an article in Bartaman, where reportedly a person claimed that Asif and Akhtaar are long time Drug users...he has seen them receiving and consuming drugs etc.
Can you give the link plz? Is it online?

sunny747
October 19, 2006, 05:16 AM
well, i haven't heard any performance increase drugs which works instantly like that....shoaib had taken drugs and got three early quick wickets against BD, well i'm just not able to buy that story.....Shoaib had taken back to back wickets many times in odi and test..does that mean he had taken drugs each time? ......and those of you go to gym, don't you take rest in the middle and hit the bench-press with full power? it is very natural , he might have taken proper rest, refueled and came back against us......i myself go to gym regularly. AFter hitting 3 sets(each 10 reps) i get really tired. I take few mins break and i can continue the last set with even more weights. And everbody does that!!!!

Bd has a history of collupsing after a good partnership....that's what happened.....amara mas diya shak dhakar chesta kortesi.....recently west-indies beat us and took early wickets after a successful partnership.......do you smell something there too? ......
this is paki cricket problem. let them handle it. We should concentrate how to play better cricket instead of spending our time in figuring out what happened 3 years ago. I don't like anything about pakistan, my family has history with them but if shoiab is banned, the world is going to miss him. Such a fascinating bowler he is!

The bottom line is: we still play bad cricket and pakistan still manage to win after a disaster.

gladiator
October 19, 2006, 06:08 AM
ok,

first of all, i though this was an open board, you didnt needed to be a BDeshi to post something, guess i was wrong.

And why all this hostility, If its about a claimed drop catch then 5 match ban and the end to that guy's career covers it.
Are you still angry because of 71 then you should know that all pre 71 Pakistanis were victums by the hand of politicians, the people of pakistan still only have good feelings for BDs.

Moving to cricket
isnt it innocent untill proven guilty
use some common sense
why would PCB test players itself when it knows its players are taking drugs
why would players who were taking drugs even give a drug test to their own cricket board if they were guilty.
they could have simply said that they dont wanna take the test at this time, and they will stop taking it from now on and they can be tested for drugs later on. I am sure pcb doesnt want to kick out their main 2 bowlers.

And out of all the things that you mentioned only the dropped catch was a true allegation and that was individual action, not of the whole team.
(you are accusing of rape and ball tempering , Hair must be you hero then. PCB kicked your heros *** in front off ICC refrees)

BD's team is not under the light yet.
Wait till you start beating australia, england, india, you will start getting accusations left and right.

PCB tested these players, not ICC. Even if they choose not to punish the players even if they find players guilty that is PCB's problem only.

shaoun
October 19, 2006, 06:44 AM
innocent until proven guilty? wasnt shoaib and asif found guilty for testing posative. asif just started his career and he looked very promising. i hope he will be back and continue where he left off. but shoaib needed to go. he just talks too much. i heard some of his interview, and he really thinks very highly of himself. he has been problem for pakistan team for a long time. this is not the first time he has caused problems. we dont need to get into all the problems he caused. pakistan is a great team and they are a better them without shoaib.if bangladesh team had someone like shoaib i wouldnt want him in our team either. i was very happy to see pakistan beat srilanka. this proves that without shoaib and asif pakistan is still a great team. pakistan made fast bowlers like imran khan, wasim akram, waquar yunus. and i am sure they will creat more fast bowlers of their class. shoaib wont be missed. he needed to go and i hope he is gone for good now. this is a good thing for pakistan cricket.

sunny747
October 19, 2006, 07:04 AM
ok,

Are you still angry because of 71 then you should know that all pre 71 Pakistanis were victums by the hand of politicians, the people of pakistan still only have good feelings for BDs.

Killing, raping about 3 million ppl and then they have "only good feelings for bd"??? well, i don't know about that my friend!

But anyway, i totally agree with you. Politics and cricket should be left apart. Like all ppl sayz, i don't like Paki's in general but i like the way they play cricket.

gladiator
October 19, 2006, 07:25 AM
killing, raping 3 million???
So you believe that pakistanis raped and killed themselves. I dont even wanna go there.
Obviosly you have been led to believe that it wasnt politics and pakistanis wanted to rape/kill other pakistanis.

Have you been blind for last 30 years. Pak have always supported BD on international and local forums. From military aid to everything else pak is good at. But obviously no one can change your mind so keep at it.

gladiator
October 19, 2006, 07:32 AM
innocent until proven guilty? wasnt shoaib and asif found guilty for testing posative. asif just started his career and he looked very promising. i hope he will be back and continue where he left off. but shoaib needed to go. he just talks too much. i heard some of his interview, and he really thinks very highly of himself. he has been problem for pakistan team for a long time. this is not the first time he has caused problems. we dont need to get into all the problems he caused. pakistan is a great team and they are a better them without shoaib.if bangladesh team had someone like shoaib i wouldnt want him in our team either. i was very happy to see pakistan beat srilanka. this proves that without shoaib and asif pakistan is still a great team. pakistan made fast bowlers like imran khan, wasim akram, waquar yunus. and i am sure they will creat more fast bowlers of their class. shoaib wont be missed. he needed to go and i hope he is gone for good now. this is a good thing for pakistan cricket.

Ya, shoaibs attitude was bad but if we go by attitude whole austrailian team should be banned. But shoib is comming around. Since last year when he was left out of a year, he realized that he is disposable and eversince there is a great improvement in his attitude.
And yes they have been tested positive but we dont know why. You have to remember that this is not the fist time pak players have been tested for drugs but it is the first time somebody was tested positive. And both of them injured players? I would think that there is more to the story And there is a 3 man tribunal made to find our what and how it happened. I would wait for the result of the investigation before i pass out judgement.

pagla bowler
October 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
mr.fazal are u in love with this pak side that always fake around the park!!!!!doesnt matter if they win, they suck

gladiator
October 19, 2006, 08:57 AM
So Mr. Fazal cant support pak if hes a BD.

You are forgetting that in the U19 World cup all the the BD ppl were suppporting and cheering Paki U19 cricket team.
Almost all of the BD posters who post in Pak forms are pak friendly.
Infact according to my BD friends in US, most BD like and support Pakistan.

Its only this form where most BDs dont like Pak, but i think they are a dying breed.

Beamer
October 19, 2006, 11:19 AM
Its been a bad month for four sportsmen named Asif and Shoeb!

Two cricketers from Pakistan. Two shooters from bangladesh ! what a starnge matter of events..

Fazal
October 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
mr.fazal are u in love with this pak side that always fake around the park!!!!!doesnt matter if they win, they suck

Mr. Pagla Bowler, yes I follow PAK cricket team, its my distant second team after BAN team. Do you have any problem with that?

I love cricket and and try to follow the game without mixing politics with that, that makes my life simple, and easy, and help me to enjoy the game itself. And that also help me to appreciate when opponent (or the team I root against) do great! But can you say the same about yourself? Or you are too mad to be able to differenciate between game and politics?

Any way its your problem, not my.

What I see is under so many distraction, PAK team is playing as a team. We all know that even with his enormous talent, Shoeb is a distraction in the team. However I feel bad about Asif and he will be missed more than Shoeb. Lets see how far they can go.

sunny747
October 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
So you believe that pakistanis raped and killed themselves. I dont even wanna go there.
Obviosly you have been led to believe that it wasnt politics and pakistanis wanted to rape/kill other pakistanis.

Have you been blind for last 30 years. Pak have always supported BD on international and local forums. From military aid to everything else pak is good at. But obviously no one can change your mind so keep at it.

are you out of your mind? ...i guess u don't even know the history...i was reffering to their action against us in 1971. You missed one point , pak good at terrorism also. They export that to our piece loving nation.
I see who you are.

SS
October 19, 2006, 01:08 PM
Enough this is a cricket forum...no point of recalling history. World moves on faster than we imagine, and though history repeats itself, but still world moving faster than that rate. So, no point of bringing political view in cricket at this point, when professionalism matters and each team fight for the good position in ranking table.

gladiator
October 19, 2006, 03:42 PM
are you out of your mind? ...i guess u don't even know the history...i was reffering to their action against us in 1971. You missed one point , pak good at terrorism also. They export that to our piece loving nation.
I see who you are.

You havent given much thought to my posts it seems. The summary to what I said was In 71 BDeshis were pakistanis too, and all pakistanis were victums of dirty polititions and RAW taking advantage of the situation.

It was the result of action of a few ppl who are cursed not only by BDeshi but Pakis as well.

Kamini
October 19, 2006, 11:04 PM
Can you give the link plz? Is it online?

Here is the english version of what Bartaman published:

http://www.cricketzone.com/news/stories/20061017-2.html

Who knows who is cheating!

Hatebreed
October 19, 2006, 11:27 PM

For your kind information, "Pakistanis" raped and killed "Bengalis" not Pakistanis. We were never treated as "Pakistanis" to begin with, so get that bullshit thought out of your head. Also remind me when Pakis aided BD more than any other country. We don't need your bullshit military, we have our own who are very good at keeping peace around the world as well as do relief work at home. It's time you stop boasting about all that BD-Paki love crap and start feeling some regret for what happened in '71.

sunny747
October 20, 2006, 01:45 AM
For your kind information, "Pakistanis" raped and killed "Bengalis" not Pakistanis. We were never treated as "Pakistanis" to begin with, so get that bullshit thought out of your head. Also remind me when Pakis aided BD more than any other country. We don't need your bullshit military, we have our own who are very good at keeping peace around the world as well as do relief work at home. It's time you stop boasting about all that BD-Paki love crap and start feeling some regret for what happened in '71.

HOw did you read my mind Hatebreed? ....:)....i was about to post similar to this.....
But anyway Gladiator, it seems you are a pakistani national. I'm very glad that you visit to this forum and support our cricket.

gladiator
October 20, 2006, 07:44 AM
Well so far i have only been on defensive, but I am not gonna go into who was the traitor and what really happened because those faults were faults of a chosen few and blaming wont solve much.

About aid in 80's and 90's, Pak gave a lot of planes to BD, BD commandos are trained by the Pak SSG's. BD have recently bought anza mk3 anti tank and bakter shiken anit tank missiles from pakistan. And right not they are in talks on deals of JF-17 Thunder, Al-Khalid and Al-Zarrar tanks.

Also Pak to gift 2 submarines to BD
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1033053
BD using Pak air defence system
http://www.pakistanlink.com/Headlines/Mar05/17/08.HTM

Keep dissing paks, you might be able to successfully change the mind of other pakis who like BD as a nation and regret the mistakes of 71' by some stupid selfish leader.

http://pakistanidefenceforum.com/index.php?showforum=9
Please go to this pakistani forum and check out the pinned topic on top with 10,000 views.

http://pakistanidefenceforum.com/index.php?showtopic=46084&hl=
Pakistanis and pak friendly BD celebrating BD victory

I can keep on posting, but you see the picture.
Most Pakistanis like BD and the liks above are a proof of that. BD ppl are divided some are with india some with pak, recently a BD boy was killed because he supported Pak.

There is no good in fighting over what happened in the past. These are tough times for all muslims, and internal fighting has been the cause for our troubles. We have to move on with what we have got and support each other when we can. I am not just talking about cricket, afterall its only a game. But if you dont like them, please dont do it because you hate the Pakistanis.:flag:

Sovik
October 20, 2006, 07:55 AM

i am missing a big picture, are you a pakistani?

gladiator
October 20, 2006, 07:59 AM
i am missing a big picture, are you a pakistani?
Yes, i am, i though that was pretty clear.

Sovik
October 20, 2006, 08:08 AM
Yes, i am, i though that was pretty clear.

then i don't blame you for saying those.

gladiator
October 20, 2006, 08:13 AM
then i don't blame you for saying those.
Well, pls read the post #51. It is a fact that Pakis like BD and regret what happened in 71.

Hatebreed
October 20, 2006, 10:36 AM
gladiator, let me put it to you straight. Military collaboration and clashes are quite common between neighbouring nations, in fact all across the world. USA is not the nicest of countries, we all remember Nixon and Kissinger, yet since our independence US has helped BD extensively from aid, military training, supplies, "presents" and whatnot.. China supplied Pak with arms and aid during the war, despite so many innocent people were getting killed at our end as a consequence, yet now they've become one of our closest friends. So if Pak doesn't share its technologies, BD can get it from some other. Mutual friendship is in everyone's best interests, and it's the main reason people in BD are "forgive" the events of '71, but never forget..

Anyway, my least concern is what Pak has given us. I'm just astonished how you implied why Pakistanis would rape and kill "Pakistanis" when in fact we were never NOT bloody Pakis, were never treated alike in the first place and that's a fundamental error you've made in your argument.

SS
October 25, 2006, 03:20 PM
Peace man Peace...take a chill pill and discuss about cricket
today Pak lost and lanka out!!
Pak and Ind will fight for the place to semi!!!
so only one subcontinent team will be there

Fazal
October 27, 2006, 12:01 PM
Oh no! What Now?!?

Go back home with empty home I guess.