PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: West Indies v Australia in CT,October 18, 2006

CricFanBD
October 17, 2006, 05:57 PM
After DLF Cup today is another match between WI Vs Aus. WI already played 3 matches in this tournament and now they knew the condition of pitch better than Australia. This is the only one point that favors WI otherwise in every cases Australia is superior to WI. As a die hard WI Fan I hope the victory for WI. But it is one task that will never be easy job against Aus. But WI needs this win very much to survive in this tournament. They are the defending champions, Come on WI. Plz….:up:

I know you all know a lot of Cricket Website which covers player’s name for the two sides and live scores. So I don’t mention them. I know all the forum’s members are smarter than me. No surprise…:fire:

Andy-Flower
October 18, 2006, 01:20 AM
Those Indian spiced the bloody pitches...we probably going to watch another less than 500 runs match. Hope thats not going to be the case.
Australia are clear favourites but W.I are definetly going to give them a tough time despite their dismal performance against S-Lanka. Inconsistency is what rocks the Windies but generally they a good side with attacking batsmen and a deadly pace attack. Go Windies Go;)

luxonadappan
October 18, 2006, 04:40 AM
can i see the live mathc

satan_the_king
October 18, 2006, 04:42 AM
lol spiced up as in added peppers etc so batsmen sneeze lose concn n get out?:P
no offense
but its sort of dumb to have a series in the subcontinent rite now after the rains .......
"less than tailored for batsmen " pitches is wat u wud expect........... and newez dont kno wat ppl re cribbing abt...dont u guys ever get bored wachin batting maches rather than "cricket matches" a bit of help for the bowlers........all that batsmen need to do is put their head down and grit it out for the first 20-25 balls...the runs will come.........these are 200-250 piches .........not ones for 275+.....so if a team mgmt has brains and the team has "batsmen " unlike sloggers like sehwag ,afridi, flintoff ,symmonds ........they shud be able to put arnd 225 on the board./////////but west indies would be more or less a no-contest ........unless we see an inspired performance

Baundule
October 18, 2006, 06:28 AM
so, some talks in the favor of of rubbish pitches.
These pitches have no life. Nothing for the batsmen, nothing for the bowlers. All the deliveries are knee-high.

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 07:44 AM
Good partnership between Lara and Morton.

But I am very surprised why Baugh came earlier than Bravo...any reason??

Baundule
October 18, 2006, 07:45 AM
May be, Bravo did not want to risk his average ;)
Decent effort by the WI.

Sovik
October 18, 2006, 07:54 AM
if lara did not get injured, windies might have passed 250

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 08:08 AM
235 is a decent total...but Australia is not a decent team...very aggressive, thats the problem. 235 will work against India and England, but Australia...I am not sure..

Sovik
October 18, 2006, 09:29 AM
they lost 3 already. still have gilly, symonds, hussye and clarke

cricket_pagol
October 18, 2006, 12:02 PM
what a game?

Excellent fight back by the windies bowlers at the end.
215/8 in 48 overs... chasing 235. Three quick wickets by windies in two overs

cricket_pagol
October 18, 2006, 12:07 PM
WOW, Hattrick by Taylor... I wish i could see it live

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 12:13 PM
WI you are simply great..superb:fire:

israr
October 18, 2006, 12:21 PM
WI are the champions, its that simple!!!

SS
October 18, 2006, 12:24 PM
What a game...WI is doing a great job...watch out they won't be same like last worldcup.

Hatebreed
October 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
Way to go WI! Hahaha take that Aussies! Cheers mate, thank you very much, come again!

Tigers_eye
October 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
up - down - up - down. What a graph West Indies have in term of performance. Are they the new Pakistan?

Anyways, Great win ofcourse. 182/4 with 53 runs needed in 8.5 overs to go and restricting Australia shows their bowling strength.

sadi
October 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Love it. Very well played by WI. They showed a lot of heart and deserve this. Do anyone know what exactly happened between Gayle and Clarke?

Miraz
October 18, 2006, 02:01 PM
Very well played WI.

Aussies and England will be facing each other on saturady with a defeat each.

Nice to see aussies are crumbling under pressure.

Baundule
October 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
India - WI match is going to be damn important. I dont believe that Australia will leave in the first round. Great win by WI and the calculations are on!

Bancan
October 18, 2006, 03:55 PM
i want west indies to win all of it. but i dont know if they can. they were not in control of the match till australia scored 200. and also they performed poorly against srilanka. so i m not sure but hoping. also hoping Lara is okay.

Sovik
October 18, 2006, 05:39 PM
if only windies could beat either india or england in the next matches.

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 06:35 PM
if only windies could beat either india or england in the next matches.

They will go to the semi final I think...

Taylor’s Hattric was outstanding considering the match status. Cause in that time Aus needed 6.2 RPO and have 4 wickets in hand…unbelievable performance by Taylor.

Congrats to Lara. He proves that why he is a real match winner in the world cricket. He could come earlier in pitch….but Lara thought he should bat till the end and he was 95% successful.

Having this type of quality (Match winning Capacity) Lara is far ahead of Sachin, I believe that.

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 06:40 PM
i want west indies to win all of it. but i dont know if they can. they were not in control of the match till australia scored 200. and also they performed poorly against srilanka. so i m not sure but hoping. also hoping Lara is okay.

Your Avatar is very nice…reminds WI always…ha ha

Sovik
October 18, 2006, 07:59 PM
what happened to gayle today. i never seen him angry

Bancan
October 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
Your Avatar is very nice…reminds WI always…ha ha

never thought of it that way.:D but hey 1 avatar 2 purpose

CricFanBD
October 18, 2006, 08:59 PM
what happened to gayle today. i never seen him angry
Yeah Gayle was little bit aggressive against Gilli and Clarke….lost temper several times and did miss-fielding also.

After getting the wicket (Symonds was bowled) he was dancing 30 sec in Crease and making the run out (Gilly) he expressed something strange….good to watch but very unusual considering Non-smiley Gayle.

Andy-Flower
October 19, 2006, 12:35 AM
Taylor's hatrick does the trick...i thought he deserved to be man of the match since he store the game away from the Aussies, but all the same Lara and Morton did put up a fantastic partnership to win this match...

prasad
October 19, 2006, 10:23 AM
http://media.putfile.com/Gayle-has-a-go-at-Clarke-part-1

courtesy:terminator from caribbeancricket.

Sovik
October 19, 2006, 07:53 PM
thanks prasad bhai.

Hatebreed
October 19, 2006, 11:30 PM
Watch highlights of most CT matches so far, including WI-Aus -

http://cricketvideosunplugged.blogspot.com/

CricFanBD
October 20, 2006, 12:43 AM
One good Information to WI's Fan: After taking the World Cup in 2003, Australia lost to WI maximum times (5 times) comparing to other nations.

CricFanBD
October 20, 2006, 12:46 AM
Watch highlights of most CT matches so far, including WI-Aus -

http://cricketvideosunplugged.blogspot.com/

You are great man.:-D

Sovik
October 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
West Indians had to use a 33-year-old Mumbai wicketkeeper as their substitute fielder.

From a article. very nice analysis of the match. Click to read (http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/hex-talk-doesnt-do-it-for-ponting/2006/10/19/1160851065625.html)