PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: New Zealand v Sri Lanka Group 2 match ,Champions Trophy ,Mumbai, India, October 20, 2006

Ak
October 20, 2006, 10:19 AM
New Zealand 165 (49.2 ov)
Sri Lanka 135/3 (26.5 ov)

Hammering even though SL should have bowled NZ out for around 130 instead of 165 but still a great team performance!:-*

Sovik
October 20, 2006, 10:37 AM
first 6 overs made the difference

Tigers_eye
October 20, 2006, 03:52 PM
SL is firing on all cylinders now. Their 10 game winning streak is over. So no pressure now. Also, I think their management made a big adjustment in the team lineup. All this time they were playing with 4 pacers. Between Vass, Malinga, Perera, Maharoof and Farnando. Even with this sort of pitch were the slow bowlers are favored they got by easily because of their attacking batting lineup. And heroic bowling by the fast bowlers. As long as they were winning they didn't change the lineup. But against Pakistan that flaw was exposed. They desperately needed a slow bowler instead of a fast. So now, against New Zealand they have dropped Fernando and added the teen aged batsmen Kapu. Allowed Dilshan to bowl couple of overs. This has balanced their side more. I think from here on they will win it all.

Good win under the belt.

baisab
October 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
Ok.. has anyone missed the point, from this performance it seems like our current team could take on NZ and perhaps give them a good beating.

although the reality probably is that after the PAK loss SL has started to raise its game, and whoever gets on their way now will most probably suffer.

Bancan
October 20, 2006, 07:42 PM
just one month ago we were thinkin abt beatin WI. now new zealand. ppl come bak to earth pls :D:D

i didnt notice this before but i m an odi player. wohoo. national team a jaiga paise:-D:flag: