PDA

View Full Version : Match 9: West Indies v India, Ahmedabad, Oct 26

CricFanBD
October 25, 2006, 05:49 PM
Today is a big match between WI and India. Both teams win their first match. So they have another one to make the final path. But sooner is always better. Lara’s fitness is still concerned and if he will not play, India will get the huge advantage for sure. In the recent matches the sub-continent teams find themselves in the losing team (Sri Lanka and Paki).
How about India today? Will it not be nice (complete the circle)? Come on WI, show your guts. :up:

israr
October 26, 2006, 04:34 AM
Take that!!! 2 down for India!!

Tigers_eye
October 26, 2006, 08:45 AM
out of 28 runs 24 came from boundaries and 3 came on extra. Sometimes when the pitch is behaving like this, one need not to worry about rotating strike in ODIs.

Tigers_eye
October 26, 2006, 09:52 AM
Harbajan is putting pressure on the WI. RRR is now 4.44.

SS
October 26, 2006, 10:02 AM
Dhoni took india in a comfortable position. 223 is a sound total. WI just lost Bravo...I don't think they can score 120 runs in 26 overs in this slow and foggy outfield. Dravid took the powerplay, good captancy lets see what WI captain has to offer. Gota be cool down and just play sensible cricket. Hope our Basher mia is watching this.

Tigers_eye
October 26, 2006, 10:07 AM
chandurpaul gets his 50. WI is fighting. Come on WI.

SS
October 26, 2006, 11:03 AM
64 from 12 overs...not sure if WI can do it...Lara is still there but he might go for it and loose his wkt. But good fight back by both teams.

CricFanBD
October 26, 2006, 12:06 PM
WI win...but once again they show some horrible things....upset to see it again...

prasad
October 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
knew wi wud reach semis.

CricFanBD
October 26, 2006, 12:24 PM
Anyway congrates to WI a lot...hope they will reach in the final.

I feel that there will be no sub-continental team in the semis.

Gr A: WI and Aus

Gr B: Nz and SA

Nasif
October 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
Great game from WI. Congrats to them. :up:

sadi
October 26, 2006, 01:53 PM
WI showed how good they can be and at the sametime showed how unpredictable they are. They are the new Pakistan no doubt. Very unpredictable. Finally they are coming together as a unit and they will be a force to recon with in their home soil in March.

Miraz
October 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
India is declining in crucial times.

It will be a big blow for India if they fail to make it to the semi's

Rubu
October 26, 2006, 02:14 PM
And WI makes it to the semi once again. I won't be surprise if they make it to the finals as well

and good luck india against Australia (=good bye india). i guess it was about time.

sadi
October 26, 2006, 02:35 PM
India-Australia game becomes very important now. Winner joins WI in the semis. It will be a good game to watch. India deserved this though. Too much experiment. Going with five batsmen was the first mistake when three of the top order batsmen are not in form. Sehwag, Sachin and Yuvraj are good enough to do the job as the fifth bowler.

cricketboy
October 26, 2006, 02:39 PM
West Indies are surely improving ahead of the home World cup. I am always so happy when Indian or Australia loses, specially Australia. :p

Hatebreed
October 26, 2006, 04:28 PM
WI continues to whip India's backside! :-D

Sam
October 26, 2006, 05:20 PM
Yes the last matches of both the groups are deciding ones. I wish Australia goes to the quarter finals along with WI.

CricFanBD
October 26, 2006, 06:09 PM
Sovik, Where are you? WI misses you.

Sovik
October 26, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sovik, Where are you? WI misses you.

My net connection was not working. but watched the match live.

ialbd
October 26, 2006, 09:07 PM
well done WI. WI just ingnites when it comes to CT. Beating India in India is a huge thing....

Sovik
October 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
India is declining in crucial times.

It will be a big blow for India if they fail to make it to the semi's

it will be a big blow for the tournament too. there won't be too many spectators

cricketboy
October 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Basically Greg CHappel is a stupid coach. Just look at India's line-up, 4 pacers against West Indies playing in India. Look at the spinners Harbhajan 27 runs in 10 overs and Sehwag a part time bowler 36 runs in 10 overs. Why didnt they play Pawar? If he is not good enough then why didnt they chose Kumble? WHy left out one of the best ODI batsman of all time Ganguly from the squad?

BangladeshFan
October 27, 2006, 04:47 AM
i dont think wi played anything special. it was the same old lethargic indian team which let wi get away. there was no urgency from the indian batsman, it was very possible to score 250 in that pitch. playing 4 pacers on that low slow pitch was a joke. d.mongia should have been the replacement for r.p.singh.

india should get their act together soon, australia is a better team than wi.