PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Semifinal; Champions Trophy; West Indies v South Africa, 2nd November, 2006, Jaipur

israr
November 1, 2006, 12:14 PM
This is my inaugural match thread, and I don't want to be garrulous right now, not just yet. Shall be watching the ball-by-ball live coverage of this match, and will be hoping for a WI fightback after they had received that minor hiccup against England. Kiwis are out, but surely not without a commendable counter-attack after an atroacious performance from their toporder. There was surely something to be learned from the 1st semifinal for both WI and SAF in contention to join AUS in the final. Expecting an immensely cracker of a semifinal clash between the titans..................................

sadi
November 1, 2006, 01:11 PM
lets go WI.... kick some a**

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2006, 01:31 PM
Through sopcast watched most of parts of the Australia's batting and the beginning of the NZ collapse 6/35. Will try to watch tonight also. The timing is so aweful. I am missing SL. They should have been there instead of NZ.

Xavier
November 1, 2006, 07:28 PM
If West Indies beat South Africa maybe there could be the same final at both CT and next Word Cup.

Great fight-back today by New Zealand, closing on 204 from 35/6 is a great effort!

CricFanBD
November 1, 2006, 11:09 PM
SA's bowling is very good. WI needs to improve a lot (considering the last game) to beat SA. The main weakness of WI's team is: They throw several wickets at the same time. They should be careful about it. And one disappointing thing is that if they have enough wickets also, they are very reluctant to increase the RR. WI is truly capable of beating SA with disciplined bowling. Good luck for WI….go and win.

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 10:48 AM
What batting display WI are showing. Unbelievable. 63 runs needed to win.

Miraz
November 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
WI is taking the role of Pakistan in world cricket. Most unpredictable team in current cricket. I will not be surprised if they bundle out within 100 in the final.

SS
November 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
And we told we can beat WI hahaha....WI looking really in good shape before WC. Other teams will definitely have to fight..but they are sometimes very unpredictable like Pak.
But great game by Gayle/Chandu.

reverse_swing
November 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
WI is taking the role of Pakistan in world cricket. Most unpredictable team in current cricket. I will not be surprised if they bundle out within 100 in the final.

Well, may be 10/15 years ago but Pakistan is not unpredictable anymore. Against Aus or SA you know the outcome.

sadi
November 2, 2006, 11:06 AM
Thats what I am talking about. They just beat the crap out of SA. Loving it.

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 11:12 AM
31 of 68 balls

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 11:20 AM
Lara just scored his 1000th 4 for ODIs. What stats, lol.

Gayle leads the world in 6's. 4 more than Jayasuria

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 11:22 AM
Rrr 1.78

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 11:35 AM
way to go. Congrates WI for the win. Now they need to finish off Australia.

Nasif
November 2, 2006, 11:36 AM
Good going WI :)
Congrats :up:

al Furqaan
November 2, 2006, 01:23 PM
Lara just scored his 1000th 4 for ODIs. What stats, lol.

Gayle leads the world in 6's. 4 more than Jayasuria

i think afridi has the record...he has more than 200 chockhas

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
i think afridi has the record...he has more than 200 chockhas
Depending in what you are looking at.
Gayle 33 I think.
Jaya 29.
Symond.
Afridi 22.
They were showing this stat on the TV. May be this is in ICC tourney or this year (not sure which one).

Yes overall Afridi has 217 6s. With .98 per game.
Second is Jaya with 212.

Afridi also leads in 6s per game with .98. Second is Dhoni with .97 and then 3rd is Flintoff with .91

ialbd
November 2, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well done WI, Well done C.Gayle

Now it doesnt feel that bad losing to WI by 10 wkts....

Spitfire_x86
November 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
They were showing this stat on the TV. May be this is in ICC tourney or this year (not sure which one).
It was for this year (Test/ODI combined)

CricFanBD
November 2, 2006, 04:56 PM
:fire: :great: Yahoo!! A great comprehensive win for WI. I feel really happy. Congrats to Gayle a lot to lead the team.:bravo: Now a days in ODI, WI’s win depends a lot of Gayle’s batting not Lara’s batting….it is good sign, cause Lara will retire after the WC. I saw the whole match ball by ball, the game ended at 3.30 am and I am now in office (8.40 am)…but I don’t feel any kind of exhaustion, cause WI win and that mean a lot to me. I hope that if WI can hold the yesterday’s batting form, definitely they will defend the title. Good luck to WI. Go WI go……:joy:

Sovik, did you see the match?

Sovik
November 2, 2006, 07:22 PM
Sovik, did you see the match?

yes, i did. great batting by chanderpaul and gayle.