PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe Test status to be reinstated

Sovik
November 4, 2006, 11:03 AM
Zimbabwe will be reinstated into the Test fold in November 2007 according to Percy Sonn, the ICC president, who confirmed the decision in Mumbai today.
Sonn added that there were a few conditions in place before Zimbabwe could re-enter Test cricket but was optimistic about those issues being resolved.

Source>> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/266904.html)

Duck
November 4, 2006, 02:20 PM
Good for Zimbos and hope it would revitalize their cricket recovery.

Kabir
November 4, 2006, 11:31 PM
Under what conditions can the test status be revoked? Sorry about my lack of knowledge in this.

Sam
November 8, 2006, 01:20 PM
As soon as they get back their status, they should start a tour in Bangladesh. That will be beneficial for both the parties.

Tigers_eye
November 8, 2006, 01:30 PM
Under what conditions can the test status be revoked? Sorry about my lack of knowledge in this.
War could be a reason. Racism another.

For Zim, ICC didn't impose no test status. Zim did it themselves (recommended by the ICC). In their FTP they had 2 test 3 ODIs against Australia Jun/Jul 07, 2 test 3 ODIs against SA in Aug 07. Their next series was WI at home in Nov 07. I think they will play that series as their first Test after this break that they are taking.

Hatebreed
November 8, 2006, 02:22 PM
Good for Zimbo.

Andy-Flower
November 17, 2006, 12:25 AM
...interesting...;)

naheyan
November 21, 2006, 10:41 PM
very good to hear that....always lookin forward to zimbabwe re-entering the test arena...........n e news of KENYA????

they r 1 hell of a team and to revitalize them ....they deserve a test status...after all world cup semi finalists...

Andy-Flower
November 22, 2006, 04:52 AM
Kenya!!! I dont think so...thats gutta be Vision 2020;)

battye
November 26, 2006, 10:46 AM
Kenya!!! I dont think so...thats gutta be Vision 2020;)

Yeah, Kenya have gone downhill since the World Cup, but hopefully they will come back strong at next years World Cup.