PDA

View Full Version : Lara the greatest among his peers!

Zobair
November 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
I, for one, wholeheartedly agree!

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/266879.html

Miraz
November 4, 2006, 12:37 PM
Lara is undoubtedly the greatest batsman of his generation. A real fighter and won more matches with his crucial knock than Sachin or Ponting.

Flemming may come close to Lara in terms of match winning innings.

Hatebreed
November 4, 2006, 01:33 PM
I couldn't agree more. :)

Sovik
November 4, 2006, 07:43 PM
Brian Lara all the way

layperson
November 4, 2006, 10:34 PM
There is no two way about it. He is the best matchwinning batsman I have seen in cricket since I started watching cricket from 1992. None of his contmeporaries can boast of knocks like the 153 and 210 he scored against the best team of his generation,Australia and single handedly won and drew the matches !!! WHen people compare him with Sachin that is just an insult to the great man. Given Sachin is a great batsman, but he is not half the matchwinner LAra is. The only batsman who comes to mind even close to Lara is POnting.

Sovik
November 7, 2006, 07:20 PM
Lara has one or two years of cricket left in him. he will definitly retire from oneday cricket after world cup.

Alien
November 7, 2006, 07:57 PM
Lara has one or two years of cricket left in him. he will definitly retire from oneday cricket after world cup.

Its funny actually. I have been watching Lara play since I was a kid and everytime I tune into a WI game with him batting he goes out making no more than 5 or 10 run.

I have never watched him hit any milestone. Not even a half century. :(

CricFanBD
November 7, 2006, 09:16 PM
Its funny actually. I have been watching Lara play since I was a kid and everytime I tune into a WI game with him batting he goes out making no more than 5 or 10 run.

I have never watched him hit any milestone. Not even a half century. :(
It is really bad luck for you that you never see a half century from lara. I feel sorry for you. But recently he made 71 against Australia...where you have been that time?:-D

Sovik
November 7, 2006, 09:44 PM
may be should not watch any windies match. especially when lara is batting. you bring the bad luck

Alien
November 7, 2006, 10:31 PM
It is really bad luck for you that you never see a half century from lara. I feel sorry for you. But recently he made 71 against Australia...where you have been that time?:-D

In Australia they only show the ODI or test that is played in Australia by Australia. I have no cable so only get to see what they show.

The last game I saw of Lara was Australia vs Rest of World where his batting was simply shocking.

sislam2
November 7, 2006, 11:34 PM
In Australia they only show the ODI or test that is played in Australia by Australia. I have no cable so only get to see what they show.

The last game I saw of Lara was Australia vs Rest of World where his batting was simply shocking.

Goto www.video.google.com
type lara and watch the innings when he made 153 against aus.

cricket_dorshok
November 8, 2006, 10:47 AM
If you consider the beauty of game that refresh your mind with full of joy, to me its Lara's batting and there he is the second to none.

Tigers_eye
November 8, 2006, 11:11 AM
Among the three, Ponting, Tendu and Lara; by far he is leading in style and runs. As per winning knocks he is way way ahead than Tendu in both forms of the game. Against Ponting one should consider Ponting's age. He has still a long way to go. May surpass in the future but currently Lara is the leader.

Having said all this, I must include Lara is not the biggest match winner (batting wise) in his own country. There are scores of people ahead of him. Lloyd and Richards are just two of them.

Sovik
November 8, 2006, 12:24 PM
Ponting never had had to worry about anything. he has the best bowling attack and he has batsmen like langer, gilchrist, hussey, martin, clarke, symonds. but after ambrose and walsh, lara never had a decent bowler and no matter how many runs he scored, wi ended up in loosing. but he still won few games single handedly.

sadi
November 8, 2006, 12:39 PM
Lara's two knock against Australia were amazing and I don't need to see any more innings from him. He will always be in my all-time lineup. Check the other thread.

When Lara is all about match winning performance and style, Tendulkar is more about consistency. Atleast when he was in his prime.

One thing I need to mention here and thats Lara's captaincy. I am really happy for him as he is doing really well. Finally, he got the team together and learned how to lead from the front. Or more so from the back. The way he supports his teammates, I wouldn't be surprised if WI pull out a miracle next year.

Sylheti
November 11, 2006, 07:09 AM
I still remember the dude when he played for Warwickshire. His 501 against Durham made me gasp when I heart it! Probably the best batsmen this last century.

Kabir
November 11, 2006, 12:01 PM
I like his batting style more than his scores. It's awsum seeing this guy play!

Sovik
November 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
Complete script (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/topperformer/content/story/268732.html)

cricinfo audio (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/db/MULTIMEDIA/000/046.1.mp3)