PDA

View Full Version : Zidane interested in Bangladesh job.

bdmoderator
November 12, 2006, 09:23 AM
Former France and Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has expressed interest in coaching the Bangladesh national football team. (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2006/1110/1163059798160.html)

The French legend, who is in the country at the invitation of 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus, was speaking during a visit to the villages on the outskirts of Dhaka City, where he addressed members of the Grameen Bank at its Kamal Bashulia Landless Women's Association.
"I'm overwhelmed with the enthusiasm of the people of Bangladesh," said the 34-year-old told the New Nation newspaper.
Zidane, who retired from the sport after the World Cup final earlier this year, is one of the most gifted players to have ever been involved in the game.
He has played in two World Cup finals, scoring twice in the 1998 showpiece against Brazil, and earning even more notoriety in the second, after headbutting Italian defender Marco Materazzi in the chest in July of this year.
Upon being asked if he had any interest in Bangladeshi football, Zidane responded: "I am not interested in playing here.
"But yes, I am interested in training the Bangladeshi team," he added.
Zidane also took part in a football match for a few minutes before leaving the village.

Source:
http://realmadridfanbd.blogspot.com/2006/11/zidane-interested-in-bangladesh-job.html

bdmoderator
November 12, 2006, 09:26 AM
I will be very happy if it could possible. But I think it will not happen. But I am happy to see Zidane's interest.

Rubu
November 12, 2006, 09:31 AM
Bangladesh football team is not ready to handle a star like him. সবকিছু লেজে গোবরে করে ফেলবে। Bd football team should work with local coaches or may be korean coaches.

Miraz
November 12, 2006, 09:46 AM
That will be a mess. I agree with Rubu. There is huge difference between one off visit and taking responsibility for long time. Our mathamota BFF is not that professional to handle Zidane.

akabir77
November 12, 2006, 12:17 PM
Well he need to train our matha mota football management first. Zidan, ronaldo, maradona all togher can't do anything unless we remove all the freaken football management people just like our politisians

Bancan
November 12, 2006, 01:08 PM
bff will embarrass him like all the other coaches. plus he hardly speaks english. so i dont think its gonna happen

Rabz
November 13, 2006, 01:57 AM
though its not going to happen and seems like more of a diplomatic answer from Zidane, but it would be absolutely great to have a player of his calibre coaching our team.

And on the contratry, BFF *might not* stuff it up altogether.
Remember guys, we never had ANY coach of his star power in the country and certainly our "honourable" managment people would be shell shocked/star crossed gettin him next to them.

He might bully his way out of the tantrums of our officials and might bring a much needed funding, international coverage, etc etc into the football....

But then again, its all If's, Might's.....

mhferdaus
November 13, 2006, 02:28 AM
bff will embarrass him like all the other coaches. plus he hardly speaks english. so i dont think its gonna happen

in the end Zidane would start hating BD :D, man we got to clear up BFF as the first matter and that looks like a lot of distance to cover.

Protic
November 15, 2006, 01:50 PM
Dont wanna be rude.. but
Bangladesh Football has no FUTURE. They should Quit. Let cricket have 100% Fame and BNS.
Being a Bangladeshi..I would say Zidane should not ruin his after-retirement career on Bangladesh Football Team.

Tigers_eye
November 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
Good news. Will he be able to play for us? Only then he can give us positive results.

Alien
November 16, 2006, 11:15 PM
I dug out this from google news. Looks like our football team may have some future if Zidane seriously considers coaching BD team.

::-D

Zidane interested in Bangladesh job

Former France and Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has expressed interest in coaching the Bangladesh national football team.

The French legend, who is in the country at the invitation of 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus, was speaking during a visit to the villages on the outskirts of Dhaka City, where he addressed members of the Grameen Bank at its Kamal Bashulia Landless Women's Association.

"I'm overwhelmed with the enthusiasm of the people of Bangladesh," said the 34-year-old told the New Nationnewspaper.

Zidane, who retired from the sport after the World Cup final earlier this year, is one of the most gifted players to have ever been involved in the game.

He has played in two World Cup finals, scoring twice in the 1998 showpiece against Brazil, and earning even more notoriety in the second, after headbutting Italian defender Marco Materazzi in the chest in July of this year.

He was red-carded for the incident in what was to be his last top flight game.

Upon being asked if he had any interest in Bangladeshi football, Zidane responded: "I am not interested in playing here.

"But yes, I am interested in training the Bangladeshi team," he added.

Zidane also took part in a football match for a few minutes before leaving the village.

Link to the news (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-11/10/content_730160.htm)

Second Link (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2006/1110/1163059798160.html)

Kabir
November 16, 2006, 11:43 PM
Hitler bhai, you're so hyped up. From what it sounds, I think he just mentioned having an interest. From what it sounds, he mentioned that for bhodrotar khatir.

Alien
November 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
Hitler bhai, you're so hyped up. From what it sounds, I think he just mentioned having an interest. From what it sounds, he mentioned that for bhodrotar khatir.

Yeah I thought so.
While our team may have big future with him, he doesnt have any future with us.
And no coach as more patience with our sporting team as Whatmore.

PoorFan
November 17, 2006, 08:07 AM
Oh nooooo ... I dont like this idea, he will be a 'broken heart' even before he start the job!:(

Rubu
November 17, 2006, 08:13 AM
we already discussed it in other sports section, check that out.

Sauron
November 17, 2006, 01:14 PM
What will Zidane do? গাধা পিটাইয়া থ্যাতলাইয়া ফেললেও ঘোড়া হবে না ... জিদান করবে টা কি?

Tigers_eye
November 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
merge thread.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17885

Mohiul
November 17, 2006, 02:17 PM
BFF officials should have grabbed the chance to offer him at once.

Ahmed_B
November 17, 2006, 02:49 PM
Merged.
-Mod