PDA

View Full Version : Ashoka de Silva did it again...

Frost
November 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
From CricInfo:

<QUOTE>Brian Lara began with two crisply struck fours off his first two balls, and with Ramnaresh Sarwan was putting the innings back on track when umpire Asoka de Silva, ruled Sarwan lbw when the ball was clearly going over the stumps.

Ashoka de Silva is one of the poorest umpires in ICC's elite panel. He was removed from elite panel before. I think it's time ICC should ban him permanently before we see another Hair-like incident. . What do you think?

akabir77
November 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
now bangladesh should ask ICC to remove this ugly guy

Tigers_eye
November 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
Since our own umpire pool is shalow, I can't ask for his removal.

Frost
November 13, 2006, 04:50 PM
Since our own umpire pool is shalow, I can't ask for his removal.
I agree that our own umpires are not up to the mark. However, I'm sure there are many good umpires in other countries. ICC can at least try them before giving Ashoka another chance. Besides, removing Ashoka does not mean that we have to supply a replacement.

CricFanBD
November 13, 2006, 05:47 PM
In the first innings, Gayle was given LBW (but he was not) and now victim was Sarwan. It is enough to wash away all the fight back spirits from West Indies. What a hell! If Ashoka the Moron continues his “Mission Possible” in this test series….no body will save West Indies.

Sovik
November 13, 2006, 07:05 PM
why did ICC bring him back

thebest
November 13, 2006, 07:47 PM
Asoka is not a good umpire. True. But how you can forgot Lara got a reprive on 0 in first innings due to Asoka.

cricket_pagol
November 14, 2006, 02:10 AM
Lara was given a life in the second innings too by Asoka Desilva (LBW appeal on Shoaib Malik delivery). I am not too upset this time because I will get to see more of lara!

So, Asoka did it again... he will keep on doing it.

Tigers_eye
November 14, 2006, 09:40 AM
I agree that our own umpires are not up to the mark. However, I'm sure there are many good umpires in other countries. ICC can at least try them before giving Ashoka another chance. Besides, removing Ashoka does not mean that we have to supply a replacement.
The replacement by our own was just my opinion. I did put an "I" in there. I am a firm believer on doing it yourself first, before one can ask someone to do something. Since Bangladesh participates in the ICC refereeing, Bangladeshi referees represent me.

Protic
November 15, 2006, 01:46 PM
Asoka De Silva is a $H!tH3aD :D

But yeah BD umpires arent that good too.. Mahbubur Rahman,Shaheen something.. they actually gave 2-3 wrong decisions against Zimbabwens last time they Tour'd BD..but yeah none of them actually harming the state of the match.

Omio
November 15, 2006, 04:08 PM
sent him hell..