PDA

View Full Version : BD vs Zim live?

detroitpagla
November 21, 2006, 07:02 PM
I haven't heard anything about showing the BD vs Zim series live in any TV channels or website. Can anyone please tell me if there is any website or channel that will show the games live. Thanks:ticking:

kalpurush
November 22, 2006, 12:14 AM
Willow tv for sure.

al Furqaan
November 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
what venues are they using? is mirpur ready??

Mahir
November 22, 2006, 12:46 AM

Nope! Khulna, Bogra and Fatullah are the venues. And Mirpur Stadium's targeted to be ready in time for WC '11, isn't that so ?

Twenty 20 - Khulna
28 Nov
1st ODI - Khulna
30 Nov
2nd ODI - Bogra
3 Dec
3rd ODI - Bogra
5 Dec
4th ODI - Fatullah
8 Dec
5th ODI - Fatullah
9 Dec

Sam
November 22, 2006, 08:12 AM
Why don't you find it on the homepage of BC:smug:

Protic
November 22, 2006, 04:20 PM
Well.. Newspapers in BD says "the fate of mirpur will be decided on dec 2nd".
Officials from ICC will come and see the ground..if they give it ODIstatus..2 ODI's will take place there..and about telecasting...Nimbus is very confident to set their stuffs before the tour starts and telecast all the matches..dunno which channel though. I have BTV as my backup :D

Kabir
November 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
I have BTV as my backup :D

Deshe thakle amio ei kotha bolte partam :(

oracle
November 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
It should not be a big deal to set up live telecast. let's see how Nimbus handles this?

ialbd
November 22, 2006, 08:39 PM
what? no channel i? 'sroddheo takla' hamid bhai was born to cover Zim series..

The 'elite' team of commentators (hamid bhai,channel i newscasters, shuvro dev & other singers etc etc) just step up the level of entertainment. Wont you agree?

Protic
November 22, 2006, 08:58 PM
It should not be a big deal to set up live telecast. let's see how Nimbus handles this?

Yeah they're saying they will cover it up..but they said they cant set any telecast stuffs on chittagong for now..cause its too far.
So lets just hope..if nimbus set its telecasting stuffs, they'll surely announce their "channel" ..Im sure a production company which could buy India team's tv rights with 411 crore rupee and Bangladesh team's tv rights with 56 crore taka ...has a world wide channel to broadcast!

Zobair
November 22, 2006, 09:05 PM
:lol:

That was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

what? no channel i? 'sroddheo takla' hamid bhai was born to cover Zim series..

The 'elite' team of commentators (hamid bhai,channel i newscasters, shuvro dev & other singers etc etc) just step up the level of entertainment. Wont you agree?

SMHasan
November 22, 2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah they're saying they will cover it up..but they said they cant set any telecast stuffs on chittagong for now..cause its too far.
So lets just hope..if nimbus set its telecasting stuffs, they'll surely announce their "channel" ..Im sure a production company which could buy India team's tv rights with 411 crore rupee and Bangladesh team's tv rights with 56 crore taka ...has a world wide channel to broadcast!

Whereever the matches will be played they have to go there. Thats the contract.

ashkale
November 23, 2006, 08:06 PM
As of 6AM this morning no deal had been struck between Nimbus and local Bangladesh satellite channel. BCCB tendered out to a private party yesterday to telecast on BTV, so thats done- For fans in UK/ Europe/ USA please be prepared to shell out a lot of money for watching the 6 matches :) some one has to pay for the 56 Million ..emm and the interest payment for 612 million.!!

Tokyobreeze
November 24, 2006, 12:40 AM
Ohhh...The series is knocking at the door and still we don't know which Channel gonna show the matches or which sites gonna stream..Damn!Damn!!

Sam
November 24, 2006, 11:28 AM
BCB and Nimbus has already signed a preliminary agreement yesterday for telecasting the coming Zim series.
BangladesherKhela (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=22897&iCategoryID=1)

Protic
November 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
SMHasan : well yeah.. but CTG Stadium itself doesnt have what is needed for a proper TELECASTING STUFFS to be installed..thats what nimbus and BCB said. I'll try go get more info on that.
And BTV's gonna LIVE THE SERIES ! :D
I feel good.. I feel good to be in BD.. I hope u guys get any websites or anything to watch em too.

bdmoderator
November 25, 2006, 02:27 PM
Even I don't know which channel will telecast the match live in satellite... :D

kalpurush
November 25, 2006, 04:19 PM
What's up apnai tv? cricket4you?? Still on business or sleeping hard???!:-D

kalpurush
November 25, 2006, 04:20 PM
Niloy bhai gelo kuthay? What's your plan? Naki...Nafees-er moto sadi-mubarok niye baasto?!!:-D

ashkale
November 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
No News on any satellite deals struck yet. Last I heard from Nimbus that UK/ Europe and USA was "almost" done. I hope can be done soon so can watch on Sopcast!

BCB reveals ticket details
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced yesterday that the ticket selling for the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe series will get underway at Khulna today.

The City Bank Limited, which holds the BCB's ticket selling right, will sell the tickets for the Twenty20 International and first one-dayer to be held at Khulna on November 28 and November 30 respectively from its Khulna branch. The gallery tickets will be also available at the counter of the stadium.

Tickets will be on sale for the second and third ODIs to be held on December 3 and 5 respectively in Bogra from December 1 at the local branch of the bank and the gallery tickets will be available at the stadium.

The sale of tickets for the last two ODIs, which will take place at Dhaka on December 8 and 9 respectively, will start from December 6 but board has yet to decide about the pricing as they are yet to finalise the venue.

"We are delaying to fix the price of tickets for the last two ODIs as there is a possibility of holding the matches at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur. We are very hopeful that the new venue will get ICC approval by this time," said Khondokar Jamiluddin, chairman of the BCB's seating and ticket committee, at a press conference yesterday.

The Dhaka tickets will be available at six City Bank branches-- BB Avenue, Uttara, Karwan Bazar, Gulshan, Mirpur and Tan Bazar in Narayanganj. Replying to a question, chief executive officer Mahmudur Rahman said the BCB is yet to know which satellite channel is going to cover the home series, "Our marketing agent Nimbus (Nimbus Sports International) is dealing the matter and they are yet to inform us."

SMHasan
November 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
SMHasan : well yeah.. but CTG Stadium itself doesnt have what is needed for a proper TELECASTING STUFFS to be installed..thats what nimbus and BCB said. I'll try go get more info on that.
And BTV's gonna LIVE THE SERIES ! :D
I feel good.. I feel good to be in BD.. I hope u guys get any websites or anything to watch em too.

In another post you mwntioned that CTG is too far for Nimbus and now you are saying it is not well structured for telecast equipments. How come ESPN had their equipment installed in April? Anyway, lets see what happens.

No News on any satellite deals struck yet. Last I heard from Nimbus that UK/ Europe and USA was "almost" done. I hope can be done soon so can watch on Sopcast!

You sure Uk/Europe and USA was almost done? What about willow.tv who webcasts matches through Nimbus? please let us know.

detroitpagla
November 25, 2006, 11:11 PM
I had emailed willow.tv earlier. They are trying to get the series...no other information

al Furqaan
November 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
mirpur could still get ICC approval...yikes, BCB must be slightly less incompetant than i thought :)

SMHasan
November 25, 2006, 11:50 PM
Cricinfo is not gonna cover the series as usual :( This is really an injustice where they are covering most test countries domestic cricket. But they don't care our international matches let alone domestic cricket! They always neglect bd cricket, seems they are just not bothered about us. But listen CI- we will give you a very good answer within few years of time.

SMHasan
November 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
Neo sports, a sister channel of Nimbus going to telecast the series in Asia according to bizasia. But who is gonna show it in the UK is not clear. For more information click here (http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2006/11/nimbus_wins_ban.php).

Mahir
November 26, 2006, 12:30 AM
Cricinfo is not gonna cover the series as usual :( This is really an injustice where they are covering most test countries domestic cricket. But they don't care our international matches let alone domestic cricket! They always neglect bd cricket, seems they are just not bothered about us. But listen CI- we will give you a very good answer within few years of time.

I dont see how you can say that about Cricinfo's treatment of Bangladesh cricket, based on recent history atleast. They will provide live score of all the matches, just as they do for other Test playing nations, and THAT is usual. Maybe you haven't found any matches of this series in Cricinfo's list of "Forthcoming Live Coverages", but you might want to wait till the series gets underway.

layperson
November 26, 2006, 12:34 AM
Neo sports, a sister channel of Nimbus going to telecast the series in Asia according to bizasia. But who is gonna show it in the UK is not clear. For more information click here (http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2006/11/nimbus_wins_ban.php).

Never even heard of let alone see this channel !!! But as long as it is transmitted by some channel we should be able to get a link for the match for those of us who have only the internet and not even cable tv at home aka me. Its only three days left for the match and I hope there would some sopcast news or free links here in BC. Thats what I always depend on for watching BD cricket.

Sam
November 26, 2006, 03:19 AM
Where is the satellite channel?
Raihan Mahmood
With just two days to go before the first one-day international between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe takes place at Khulna, the Bangladesh Cricket Board is yet to find a satellite channel for the transmission of the game.
Meanwhile, it was revealed on Saturday that the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium could be making its international debut with the last two ODIs of the five-match series.
Meanwhile, the BCB has yet to scrap its deal with the ESPN-Star Sports (ESS), a clause in which stipulates that the board will have to disclose the amount of any new deal to the ESS before signing it with other parties. Singapore-based organisation Nimbus won the BCB’s TV rights for the next five years.
The chief executive officer of the BCB, Mahmudur Rahman, was reluctant to talk about the latest scenario. ‘All I can say is that the negotiations are still going on,’ he said.
But later he disclosed that both Nimbus and the BCB are trying hard to reach an agreement with the ESS. ‘Nimbus has finalised which channel will telecast the series in Europe and Africa but the ESS remains as an obstacle for the transmission in Asia, we are trying relentlessly to reach a solution,’ said the CEO.
Moreover, the BCB is eager to hold the fourth and fifth matches of the series at the renovated Mirpur Stadium. This was revealed when the chairman of the BCB’s Ticket and Seating Committee, Khandoker Jamil Uddin, refrained from declaring the venue of the last two matches while talking about the ticket sales arrangement.
‘We have decided to delay the declaration of the venue of the last two ODIs. Initially it was decided that the matches would be played at the Fatullah Osmani Stadium, but we are still hopeful about holding the matches at the refurbished Mirpur stadium,’ said Jamil Uddin.
‘However, the tickets will be available at the City Bank branches but the venue will be finalised later,’ Jamil added.
The Match Referee of the Bangladesh Zimbabwe series former Sri Lanka captain Ranjan Madugalle is expected to visit Mirpur stadium on December 1 and if he gives the green signal only then the BCB will make arrangements to hold the matches December 8 and 9.
NewAge (http://www.newagebd.com/2006/nov/26/spt.html)

kalpurush
November 26, 2006, 03:50 AM

Boss, Cricinfo is going to cover the series! Look at the left side of their web front page in current cricket section!!:-D

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
November 26, 2006, 09:47 AM
Free online a khelata jodi dekhtey paaitam...ontoto highlights taa...

Omio
November 26, 2006, 10:05 AM
Highliths er 1ta hobey, but kotha hochhe live khela nie,

battye
November 26, 2006, 10:44 AM
Boss, Cricinfo is going to cover the series! Look at the left side of their web front page in current cricket section!!:-D

Yeah, they're covering the Canada vs Netherlands ODI live with ball-by-ball, so I'm 99.9% sure the Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe matches will receive the same treatment :)

SMHasan
November 26, 2006, 09:14 PM
I dont see how you can say that about Cricinfo's treatment of Bangladesh cricket, based on recent history atleast. They will provide live score of all the matches, just as they do for other Test playing nations, and THAT is usual. Maybe you haven't found any matches of this series in Cricinfo's list of "Forthcoming Live Coverages", but you might want to wait till the series gets underway.

In recent past they didn't properly cover the series in Zim, I am saying this because just sitting in the lounge and typing in the laptop and giving the update doesn't mean they are covering this! During that series they stopped updating the score when every news source stopped updating. Clearly they were following a source, they didn't cover it from the ground. And I am sure they are not going to bd to cover it. Probably they will set up a mini lounge, where a typist will be updating the scorecard only following a streaming site. If they wanted to cover the series then they would have put games info in the forthocming coverages area.

Never even heard of let alone see this channel !!! But as long as it is transmitted by some channel we should be able to get a link for the match for those of us who have only the internet and not even cable tv at home aka me. Its only three days left for the match and I hope there would some sopcast news or free links here in BC. Thats what I always depend on for watching BD cricket.

Not surprising you havnt heard of Neo sports :) this is a new sports channel from Nimbus dedicated to cricket, this was launched few days ago.

BTW, which channel is showing in the UK and Europe??? Need to find out. Any clue pls?

Tokyobreeze
November 26, 2006, 10:53 PM
So, no particularly relieving news whatsoever about the telecasting or streaming of the series.How much I wished to see the matches :-( Anyways, still haven't lost the hope and the time is not over yet.Lets see!!

mshakir56
November 27, 2006, 02:19 AM
Is the 20/20 international match gono be broadcasted live or just the 5 odi series? Dose any one have any clues?

FaridpurChicago
November 27, 2006, 11:16 AM
I can't tolerate this uncertainty. The match will start in less than 12 hours and still we don't know who is going to broadcast.
This is frustrating.

Hatebreed
November 27, 2006, 11:54 AM
Anybody know which online streamers will be covering the series?

sadi
November 27, 2006, 12:16 PM
If channel I is showing the game, you can buy it from jumptv.com

FaridpurChicago
November 27, 2006, 12:29 PM
If channel I is showing the game, you can buy it from jumptv.com

That I know. But are they showing ? If not then who is?

The main attraction is watching live. I care very little on anything else. I'm ready to pay.

sadi
November 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
According to another thread opened by Omio bhai, Channel I is showing the five odis. Not sure if any channel will show 20-20.

baisab
November 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
Nimbus has finalised which channel will telecast the series in Europe and Africa but the ESS remains as an obstacle for the transmission in Asia

Seems like a case of sour grapes, why are they being so particular about this stupid clause in the old contract, our viewing pleasure is at stake here!!:hairpull:

Ahmed_B
November 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
According to another thread opened by Omio bhai, Channel I is showing the five odis. Not sure if any channel will show 20-20.
Well.. it's official now. There is not going to be any TV telecast of the first ever 20/20 match. News reports on the TV channels confirmed that toinght. Nimbus has not been able to arrange any telecast for tomorrow.

baisab
November 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well.. it's official now. There is not going to be any TV telecast of the first ever 20/20 match. News reports on the TV channels confirmed that toinght. Nimbus has not been able to arrange any telecast for tomorrow.

This sucks man :mad:

desiman21
November 27, 2006, 03:34 PM

Can anyone tell me how to watch at Nimbus? Is it a cable only TV or avalable at Dishnetwork? Couldn't find their website at google either..

sadi
November 27, 2006, 03:56 PM
Can anyone tell me how to watch at Nimbus? Is it a cable only TV or avalable at Dishnetwork? Couldn't find their website at google either..

I don't think Neo sports is available yet in USA.

mshareef1
November 27, 2006, 04:31 PM
Though the BCB chief executive officer said Sony Television has already agreed to telecast the one-day series for the Europe and North American viewers but they have yet to get anyone in Asia.
New Age (www.newagebd.com (http://www.newagebd.com))
I live in Canada so does that mean I can watch the 5 ODI's on Sony Entertainment on Rogers through Sony Entertainment Television channel 625 as well on Channel I on Jumptv.com

sadi
November 27, 2006, 04:51 PM
Here is the whole article from New Age.

Bangladesh’s maiden venture in Twenty20 International against Zimbabwe could turn into a mere friendly match after the authorities failed to ensure any television coverage even 24 hours before it was to be held at the Khulna Divisional Stadium on Tuesday.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board was optimistic that the match would be broadcast at least on Bangladesh Television to maintain its international status, but that chance diminished following a decision of Nimbus Sports International, who declined to go for production.
A representative of the company present at Khulna confirmed to the BCB that they are not going to record the match with any camera, putting its international status into question.
According to ICC rules, television coverage is a must for any match to be deemed having international status as it is also mandatory for the decision-making process of the third umpire.
Having been aware of the fact, the BCB officials on Monday were desperately trying to make alternative arrangements for match coverage so that at least the third umpire could get access to video footage but there is very little light at the end of the tunnel.
‘We have been informed by Nimbus that they are not going to produce the Twenty20 match. Now we are trying to find an alternative arrangement for the third umpire. But I am not sure we will be able to do it,’ the BCB chief executive officer Mahmudur Rahman told New Age over telephone from Dhaka.
Asked whether the match will retain its international status if there is no television replay eventually, Rahman declined to comment. ‘It will depend on the ICC, I can’t really comment on this,’ he said.
Tanveer Ahmed, the Nimbus representative, claimed that there would be no breach of contract on their part for non-production of the Twenty20 match as it has not been included in their agreement.
Nimbus, however, is committed to produce all five one-day matches although they are yet to find any client to broadcast it outside Bangladesh, informed Ahmed.
‘As far as I am concerned Bangladesh Television is only going to broadcast the match,’ he informed.
Though the BCB chief executive officer said Sony Television has already agreed to telecast the one-day series for the Europe and North American viewers but they have yet to get anyone in Asia.
It was learnt that Nimbus had approached both ESPN-Star Sports and Ten Sports to broadcast the series only to be refused. ESPN is currently busy with the Ashes and India-South Africa series while Ten Sports is broadcasting the series between Pakistan and West Indies. And thus it has become very difficult for both channels to find any slot for Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
The BCB officials however said that it would not affect them commercially as they will get a certain amount of money from Nimbus for six-year package. The mainly affected persons will be the fans, especially those who live outside the country and the BCB officials expressed regret.
‘The whole situation could have been avoided had there not been an embargo from the caretaker government to sign a deal with Nimbus. By the time the government gave permission it was too late,’ said an official in Khulna.

Looks like only BTV showing it in Bangladesh. How come there is no mention of Channel I anywhere.

detroitpagla
November 27, 2006, 05:54 PM
"20/20 will not be shown live" (NTV)

FaridpurChicago
November 27, 2006, 07:11 PM
What a system?

We people are behind politics, gherao, andolon, vang gary (break others cars).

We don't deserve moving forward.

Probably our cricket administrators were busy lobbying for their parties. They didn't get enough time to think about broadcasting issue !!!

ZaKi
November 27, 2006, 09:44 PM
Sony TV will telecast 5ODI series............................in UK.................

Source: media 247
http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2006/11/sony_snaps_up_b.php

Omio
November 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
Sony TV will telecast 5ODI series............................in UK.................

Source: media 247
http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2006/11/sony_snaps_up_b.php
Zaki vai, ur source is dead,

habfreak
November 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
somebody please list the websites streaming this series...if any...plz!

SMHasan
November 27, 2006, 10:49 PM
Zaki vai, ur source is dead,

Here we go http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/news.php

habfreak
November 27, 2006, 11:00 PM
I've never bought from jumptv b4...how good is it (speed, cost etc)?

worldofad
November 27, 2006, 11:47 PM
:flag: so what is the final situation now? Does any one know? No live coverage at all in Canada or anywhere? No channels? Shame...shame:mad:

Mahir
November 27, 2006, 11:56 PM
why do you have to open a whole new thread just for that ? there are already more threads opened about BD-ZIM series' live coverage than necessary, yet such cheap use of the "New Thread" button continues.

Mind-boggling stuff!

Hatebreed
November 27, 2006, 11:57 PM
No need to open a new thread when there are like two already. Yes, there's no live coverage anywhere.. Shame indeed!

Mods, merge this thread please.

nobody
November 28, 2006, 12:05 AM
does anybody know the web address of radio bangladesh? If they have any. radio bangladesh definaetly broadcasting it. But on web I dont know it