PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh v Scotland

jackspinner
December 6, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone. A Scotland fan here looking forward to the forthcoming matches. DOes anyone know if there will be any TV coverage or commentary for either of the internationals available from the UK?

chinaman
December 6, 2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome to BC, jackspinner. Unfortunately we don't know at this time. We'll try our best to keep the score updated as it become available. Please keep on checking here for latest updates on coverage.

sunniath
December 6, 2006, 12:51 PM
hang in there buddy.there will be countless threads on telecasting of the series very soon.

Rubu
December 6, 2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome to BC jackspinner. I do not think there will be any live telecast for those matches, but at worst case, we sometimes call the ground to get the score. I do not know if cricinfo will cover them or not. One way or another, we'll have the scores.

Omio
December 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
Jack wellcome to BAnglacricket,
stay with us hope u will get some valueble information..

pilot fan
December 6, 2006, 04:29 PM
scotland have some decent players like dougie brown, gavin hamilton who have played regular first class cricket

Rihaad The Man
December 6, 2006, 04:50 PM
It should be "channel-i" who else ?

But not confirmed yet :)

al Furqaan
December 6, 2006, 05:31 PM
ey, amader Asif bhai er choto bhai er naam Rihaad naki?

btw, welcome Rihaad

SMHasan
December 6, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone. A Scotland fan here looking forward to the forthcoming matches. DOes anyone know if there will be any TV coverage or commentary for either of the internationals available from the UK?

I believe there will be some sort of tv productions in that series and surely NImbus will do that but its not clear who is gonna show the matches. May be Sky sports in the UK will do. And welcome to BC!

SMHasan
December 6, 2006, 08:16 PM
It should be "channel-i" who else ?

But not confirmed yet :)

Haha bhai welcome to the forum :)

Protic
December 6, 2006, 11:25 PM
Rubu : Cricinfo is covering the series.. They have it in "Future series"
And BTV,Channel-I is surely going to telecast the matches.
Jackspinner : welcome to BanglaCricket

Mahir
December 7, 2006, 12:02 AM
An Academy squad has been announced to play a warm match against the Scotts. Nadif Chowdhury will lead.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvzim/content/story/271451.html

To Mods, is this thread a merge candidate with the other topic that cricman opened about Scotland's visit to Bangladesh ?

mshakir56
December 7, 2006, 02:40 AM
Jackspinner, Welcome to Banglacricket ! Hope you enjoy your stay here. I am sure the series between Bangladesh and Scotland will be telecasted live in Europe and Asia. You can also follow the live commentary from Cricinfo, and don't forget the Bangla cricket members are also a good source for live scores.

kalpurush
December 7, 2006, 12:05 PM

Welcome to BC! I was wondering about your thoughts regarding the coming series Bangladesh VS Scotland. Could you please give us some ideas and infos about your team, i.e., batting or bowling strength? Which player to watch for e.t.c.. Thanks kindly.:-D

akabir77
December 7, 2006, 12:24 PM
I know hamilton from scott land said he thinks scot could beat bangaldesh. so lets see. btw the time scotts beat us was 2/3 year back in a cold session and with half the team. anyway we will see how it goes this time around. and oh wellcome to BC!

Rihaad The Man
December 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
Haha bhai welcome to the forum :)

aapnader kotha moto forum er member hoilaam :) , I am already the member of so many forums , it's hard to maintain these days :).......

shamster
December 7, 2006, 02:07 PM
Welcome dude, at present the Zimbabwe series is being televised by SONY tv on SKY so may be Sony will do the Scotland one too lets see I hope so ....

shamster
December 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
Any one remember how Hamilton was run out in the 1999 world cup in England ?

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2006, 02:47 PM
yes, a case of pure luck for us; otherwise, we would've lost the match.

since then, hamilton's gone on to make his test debut for england and scored two back-to-back zeroes in his first and last game, whereas we have found two well-groomed pacers in masri and shahadat, and our sla's have become better.

Protic
December 7, 2006, 02:49 PM
shamster : Yeah ..the striker hit a ball pass the bowler..the bowler touched the ball while it was going..the ball hit the stump..while replay clearly showed hamilton was out of his crease in non striker's end !
Hamilton was giving me a scare before that !!

baisab
December 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
Any one remember how Hamilton was run out in the 1999 world cup in England ?

Yep, he was at the non strikers end, cant remeber who was bowling or who was batting at the strikers end. anyway when the ball was bowled the batsman hit the ball straight down the pitch, the bowler tried to grab the ball but it hit his hand and then hit the stumps, Hamilton was outside the crease so was given out. I remember coz he was the only batsman that was scoring well and was a threat.

BTW welcome jackspinner, have a nice stay at BC

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2006, 07:46 PM
Manjurul Islam was the bowler.