PDA

View Full Version : Another Bangladesh - Zimbabwe series before world cup

Miraz
December 9, 2006, 01:28 PM
From Daily Star

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has proposed to play a one-day series in Zimbabwe next February as part of the Tigers' World Cup preparation.
After their next assignment against ICC associate member country Scotland at home, there will be no international fixture for the Tigers before the World Cup in March-April in the West Indies what the BCB thought was not good for the team.

"We already sent a proposal to Zimbabwe Cricket for arranging a one-day series before the World Cup. It has yet to officially decide anything, but we are hopeful that we will get positive response from Zimbabwe," said Mahmudur Rahman, chief executive officer of BCB, yesterday.

"We were trying for big names but unfortunately there is no time in the schedule for them that's why we requested Zimbabwe to arrange the series. We are however not sure whether it would be a three- or five-match series," he added.

Bangladesh yesterday completed a five-match series at home after the away series last August.
Well, according to Mahmudur Rahman, BCB tried to arrange series against big guns and took the step as the last resort.

IMO, this will help Bangladesh to some extent as it will an away series. But nothing to get excited.

pilot fan
December 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
well its better than nothing i suposse, we need to get match practise and if we can beat zim again it will ony boost the lads confidence, also a chance to try out rahim again

Miraz
December 9, 2006, 03:14 PM
well its better than nothing i suposse, we need to get match practise and if we can beat zim again it will ony boost the lads confidence, also a chance to try out rahim again

Coming from the post of pilot_fan :saint:

I am expecting a new nick for someone rahim_fan :-D

pilot fan
December 9, 2006, 03:29 PM
yeah i know but i try not to get bisaed at all

the good of the team comes first and for me in the one day arena that means playiing rahim

Sam
December 9, 2006, 04:15 PM
Yes, something is better than nothing, but we are really getting bored of same BD-Zim, Zim-BD, BD-Zim, Zim-BD game.
Let's take some challenges. At least we can go to Australia or SA, or NZ or UK to play with their FC league/county teams. Even that will be much more challenging and beneficial to our team.

Omio
December 9, 2006, 04:44 PM
Ohh , I m tired to watch BD and zim match, dont want anymore...

AsifTheManRahman
December 9, 2006, 05:30 PM
whyyyy? whyyyy can't someone else host us? haven't we proved that we are superior to zim? can we not get some games against the bigger teams now? for a change? please? how many more series wins against a hapless zimbabwe side will it take for the world to realize that we are no more at the level of zim/kenya, but something in between those teams and the bigger ones?

BagherBacha
December 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
It would be better if BD can arrange some matches against west indies regional teams in january.

uss01
December 9, 2006, 06:34 PM
This will be a waste of time. Infact they might be burnt out before the world cup. It's good to relax for 2-3 weeks or so before heading for the world cup. And they have the Premier league coming up in January anyways. So in February they can just play domestic matches or just train. If BD plays Zim for another 5 matches in Feb, it might just be too much cricket before the world cup and the players might not be refreshed for the world cup.

AsifTheManRahman
December 9, 2006, 06:42 PM
i think we should divide up the best thirty three in the country into three squads and have a double round-robin league tournament if we're looking to get some good match practice. i'm sure we can get someone to sponsor the tournament and make it more attractive as well as competitive by putting money into it. this will not only save money, but also prevent burnout before the world cup. besides, i think the top twenty two are good enough to be able to provide as much as or even more than what we can gain from a tour in zimbabwe.

sadi
December 9, 2006, 06:57 PM
Its really sad how noone would host us or give us a chance to host them. We are kinda stuck in the middle. The idea of dividing up into three teams sound good. BCB's marketing department really sucks. They can easily make such tournament a success by getting some sponsors and showing it in some channels. I am sure one of the many channels we have can afford it. I, for one will be excited to follow such series.

al Furqaan
December 9, 2006, 07:28 PM
Its really sad how noone would host us or give us a chance to host them. We are kinda stuck in the middle. The idea of dividing up into three teams sound good. BCB's marketing department really sucks. They can easily make such tournament a success by getting some sponsors and showing it in some channels. I am sure one of the many channels we have can afford it. I, for one will be excited to follow such series.

i would too...in fact, i would be more excited not to watch the ashrafuls, or the aftabs, or the mashrafees, or the shahadats, but rather to watch the sadats, the marshals, the dollars, and the others.

away series in ZIM will be bad for us. i might support a 3 match series, but no more as it will burn our guys out. remember there are 2 ODIs (against New Zealand and Scotland in the week before our opening WC07 fixture).

Zobair
December 9, 2006, 07:31 PM
If this is the best we can do, this is the best we can do! Bring it on!

akabir77
December 9, 2006, 07:43 PM
I hate to travell to zimbo before wc. Can't understand why we need to play them for preparation? If we could win 2 games without playing any test team before 99 then why can't we beat them now? if our batters play the way tey played the 5th odi they WILL NOT WIN ANY MATCH AGINST ANY TEST TEAM. I think it would be better to travell WI one month before the WC and play there local teams. If they won't allow that then go somewhere like india and pak and play there A team which will be tougher then this ZIMBO team.

CricFanBD
December 9, 2006, 09:38 PM
Actually we don't need it any more...it will be totally boring and useless.

Kabir
December 9, 2006, 10:24 PM
Come on guys, take it as match practice. Bigger teams would've been better, but this is better than nothing. Nai mama theke kana mama bhalo!

SMHasan
December 9, 2006, 10:27 PM
Actually we are having a wrong idea about our strength by playing against this depleted Zombies. It is no good.

TheWatcher
December 9, 2006, 10:34 PM
BCB would have done better by asking the England A-team, that supposed come to Bangladesh in mid February, to come earlier and arrange an one day series with that team with all matches played on Mirpur.

shujan
December 9, 2006, 10:38 PM
Playing with Zimbabwe will help surly to figure out our weakness and strength, no doubt about it. The more we play the better. Scotland schedule is not a helpful one in my opinion. I am not sure how ECB will look at it. All the test team are busy in tour right now. BCB should have tried to get in schedule earlier with other team, a 3 nation ODI tournament may be. Nobody can make schedule in a hurry like that berfore world cup. Every team has their own planning to prepare I assume. BCB need to be diplomatic about scheduling. They need to maintain friendly relationship with other test nation team.

It may be a good thing to not to play right before the world cup. It may cause some injury. On the other hand playing in Zimbabwe would give our player some exposure to play in away soil. Either way it is ok.

cheers!

Spitfire_x86
December 9, 2006, 10:58 PM
Oh no, not again........ :( :mad:

This time it's really worse than nothing

AsifTheManRahman
December 9, 2006, 11:22 PM
yes, i agree with spitfire this time. bochore 17ta match khelar poro kichu boli nai, kintu akhon ektu beshi beshi howe jacche.

akabir77
December 9, 2006, 11:53 PM
ek jinish beshi hoiley ki hoy janen to? Patla PayK*ana

Mridul
December 9, 2006, 11:55 PM
Check this out

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/development/associates.html

scroll all the way down

We are playing against Bermuda and Canada in West Indies just few weeks before world cup starts

bd_cricket
December 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
Playing ZIm and beating them over and over again could hurt us in WC. I know all other teams are busy before WC or nobody wants to play with us - its the failure of BCB not to think along this line. Its better if our players can have some practice in WI/SA/AUS/NZ/Eng soil before WC. What about arranging an A-team away series and sending most of the national team player there for practice.

cricketboy
December 10, 2006, 02:56 AM
Playing ZIm and beating them over and over again could hurt us in WC. I know all other teams are busy before WC or nobody wants to play with us - its the failure of BCB not to think along this line. Its better if our players can have some practice in WI/SA/AUS/NZ/Eng soil before WC. What about arranging an A-team away series and sending most of the national team player there for practice.

Good idea but remember we lost against Zim in their homeground. Playing in Zim condition will be much more competitive and we need to take revenge. :) And if we lose 7 wkts chasing 193 in Dhaka I just wonder if we can prosper in batting there.

Rabz
December 10, 2006, 06:27 AM
ek jinish beshi hoiley ki hoy janen to? Patla PayK*ana

Lolz...very well said kabir bhai...

but i guess, its better than not eating at all...
and may be if we are careful (with the help of Orsaline), we can stop the Patla on time as well...

mhferdaus
December 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
ICC could have easily made the Pak Windies once series as a trination series with BD, and cut short Zim tour to 3 ODI's ...

Spitfire_x86
December 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
and may be if we are careful (with the help of Orsaline), we can stop the Patla on time as well...
Orsaline is not a medicine for diarrhea. It just refills water and salt in the body.

This means for every Zimbo series we need to play 2 real series :(

SS
December 10, 2006, 10:19 AM
ICC could have easily made the Pak Windies once series as a trination series with BD, and cut short Zim tour to 3 ODI's ...
ICC got the same mentality of the westerners, giving label...'developing nation' rather than saying 'test nation' and also 'helping' us with arranging 'tours for WC preparation' similar to the 'best test nations'. We should be thankful for their 'mercy' and 'helpin attitude'. What best they can arrange for a '2nd tier' team who can upset their game plan and profit driven tournament.

Not sure why BCB could not arrange any games against A teams of our 'friendly' cricketing neighbors in February and also they could have arranged some games away with 'others' instead of playing practice matches in West Indies.

Not sure if this is the negligence of ICC or BCB.

mhferdaus
December 10, 2006, 10:29 AM
Atleast PCB and Windies Cricket Board could have come up and requested to make it a trination ...

Protic
December 10, 2006, 02:28 PM
mmm in the newspapers..Ive read that ZCU is requesting us for a series.

habfreak
December 10, 2006, 11:13 PM
If we can dominate Zimbos in Zim like we did here...that should bea huge boost b4 ther WC..keeping in mind we lost the last away series against them.
the down side is as someone else pointed out, we are getting the wrong idea abt our strength by playing these weaker teams too often.
the good part is it's hopefully giving us a habit of winning!:)

habfreak
December 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
Atleast PCB and Windies Cricket Board could have come up and requested to make it a trination ...
would u wanna play Canada or Bermuda right b4 the WC...so your team gets into all the bad habits by cheating against a weaker team? try to think from another's point of view...

battye
December 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
Maybe the BCB were so upset about losing in Zimbabwe before, they want to go back and prove they can win on Zimbabwean soil hehe.

I would support a 3 match series, I'm not sure why, but I do think it would be better than a 5 match series. Maybe because there have been so man Zim vs B'desh 5 ODI series in the last few years.

Oh, but they must throw in a Twenty20 International :)
Good preparation for both teams for the Twenty20 World Championships next year in South Africa :)

view360
December 11, 2006, 12:12 AM
Why do they have to play ZIM again ? Very hard to understand ! We can at least play with some county teams or A teams of the rest 8 under some academy cover.

Hatebreed
December 11, 2006, 12:33 AM
Zim, Ken and Scot are nothing but match practise for us. In order to progress we must play stronger sides. We really gotta kick India's bottom to prove our worth.

mhferdaus
December 11, 2006, 12:39 AM
would u wanna play Canada or Bermuda right b4 the WC...so your team gets into all the bad habits by cheating against a weaker team? try to think from another's point of view...

wait a minute, we are not cubs yet, we have now grown bigger and atleast could make the match against them interesting even if we can not win it, and the last time the tour against Pakistan was quite intense if you remember ... and I believe there would be no less tickets for BD match over there ...

Andy-Flower
December 11, 2006, 04:27 AM
first off congrats to B/D..for humiliating Zim...DAMN! y'all did prove to be the betta team by far. We're hoping this means an end to Curran's contract because he just doesnt have the strategy to take the team anywhere...although i must admit that B/D cricket has moved to a new level.

Playing one more series in Zim wouldnt hurt you much...after all South Africa and Australia are going to be touring this part of the world just after world cup. The tigers have an upper hand even in Zim but the series will be much tighter than it was in B/D.

PoorFan
December 11, 2006, 04:46 AM
I really like to know which other country or option BCB actually tried, I got the feelings that they just tried only ONE easiest way, and now setting & waiting for Zimbo to reply.

PoorFan
December 11, 2006, 04:54 AM
Nice to see Andy still alive, I wonder what happend to that other guy?

Wellcome back.:)

baisab
December 19, 2006, 06:46 AM
well its almost certain to happen, check this link (http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTc0OTg=&mid=OA==), its a shame no bigger team would play us though.

Rabz
December 19, 2006, 07:13 AM
well i guess its better than absolutely nothing..

ahms
December 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
It is monotonous for the players and spectators. As for BD players, there is no gain in the series any more psychologically, but competing/beating BD team is a positive gain for Zim team. We need to get better team than Zim. Why not any county team in Eng, AUS, or even WI local team like Jamaica, Trinidad or Leeward.

Rubu
December 19, 2006, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the real world.....

thukku, to the 2nd tier world of cricket.

however, this is not as bad. we lost a series in there just a few days ago, showing how bad we do on foreign soil. this might well be the wake up call we need before the WC.

Omio
December 19, 2006, 08:32 AM
Lat time we lost the series over there ,
lets see whts happen on this time..
If we will win all the way they I think we will have 12 win in a row..
and bd player may able to get some personal achievement like more 2 centurys for SN..
more 15 wk for Raz..
............ Not bad....................

Ahmed_B
December 19, 2006, 09:40 AM
I am curious to see how BD does this time in 'Anti-Spinning' conditions. With the kind of fire that Mash & Shahadat are showing..I dont think it will be a problem.

ZIM wants 5 match series.... but IMO, anything more than a 3-match might be boring again.

akabir77
December 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah this will be a better test for tigers then playing in home condition. 3/4/5 i don't care as long as they r wining...

baisab
December 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the real world.....

thukku, to the 2nd tier world of cricket.

however, this is not as bad. we lost a series in there just a few days ago, showing how bad we do on foreign soil. this might well be the wake up call we need before the WC.

Well if ther was a 2nd tier, which almost does without any name given to it, its time that BD get a promotion to the higher league since we have no more competition left here.

Sauron
December 19, 2006, 11:54 AM
Okay, stop being snotty.

This ZIM/BAN tour may be boring - but ONLY for some of the fans. Not for the team. We lost the last away series in ZIM. To win the series this time will be an improvement.

Granted BD IS playing better than before. But as some fans are developing this "Yawn" / "Oh no, another boring series" type mentality, I pray and hope that our cricketers are not being as snotty.

Match practice and perpetuation of the winning habit is very important for the BD team right now.

Good job by BCB to at least go out there and secure some quality match practice - definitely beats practice matches between Bangladesh Red and Bangladesh Green.

Ahmed_B
December 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
I pray and hope that our cricketers are not being as snotty...
:)
I guess after losing the Away series to ZIM earlier this year, the condition of BD team is like 'Ghor Pora Goru'. In that series... the team and Bashar himself had learnt a bitter lesson about not looking too ahead too soon. In this home series against ZIM, Bashar always talked about taking one game at a time and it was only after winning the 4th match that he talked about a whitewash openly.

This is surely an improvement in the team's approach and IMO, BD has been able to whitewash ZIM this time only for this careful way of thinking and playing the games. When they go to play on ZIM conditions... they will probably (hopefully also) be even more careful.. having in mind the bitterness of the earlier memories.

Beamer
December 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
Five games are way too many just before the world cup. We also play a triangular right after that. Its better to be among competition than practicing at nets, however, playing that many games before the cup may backfire. Burn out can be an issue. Injuries can't be ruled out either. On top of that, most players of the sqaud will be playing in premier league in the interim period. So, they won't sit idle till the World Cup and frankly the competition would be much tougher domestically than anything that this Zimbabawe team can throw at us. We should not play more than three games in Zim.

kalpurush
December 19, 2006, 01:51 PM
Being agree with Beamer, I would say as proposed by Ahmed_B earlyer...BCB should arrange at least 2 practice matches with South Africa while we would be in Zimbabwe....So..the equation is then 3 ODI against Zimbabwe and 2 ODI against South Africa.

bengaltiger
December 19, 2006, 02:18 PM
i think we should divide up the best thirty three in the country into three squads and have a double round-robin league tournament if we're looking to get some good match practice. i'm sure we can get someone to sponsor the tournament and make it more attractive as well as competitive by putting money into it. this will not only save money, but also prevent burnout before the world cup. besides, i think the top twenty two are good enough to be able to provide as much as or even more than what we can gain from a tour in zimbabwe.

sounds like a very creative plan... the BCB needs to think outside the box like that...

cleazer
December 19, 2006, 02:49 PM
Five games are way too many just before the world cup. We also play a triangular right after that. Its better to be among competition than practicing at nets, however, playing that many games before the cup may backfire. Burn out can be an issue. Injuries can't be ruled out either. Don't worry, most games against Zimbabwe won't last the full 100 overs. :-D

Nothing wrong with playing 5 matches in January. Teams like Australia and India will be playing more than that.

TheWatcher
December 19, 2006, 05:07 PM
I wonder if BCB had tried to arrange some practice matches with West Indian island teams which would have been a better prep for our team.

gravitY
December 19, 2006, 05:37 PM
Ohh , I m tired to watch BD and zim match, dont want anymore...

amio o tired. enuf already...

not another zimbo series pls.

Miraz
December 19, 2006, 05:53 PM
It's now almost official.

Check the Cricinfo link (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/273390.html)

reyme
December 19, 2006, 06:31 PM
This time, I am totally against this series. In 1999 ZIM shut down the request from BD to play terming BD too weak for WC preparation! And now they want to play again after losing 0-5. BD players are much better off staying home and play premier league. It will gives selectors more time to chose the right team, while many prospective players one last chance to get in the WC squad.

reyme
December 19, 2006, 06:34 PM
If this series takes place I am 100% sure, players will look back and give excuses of 'burnout' for playing too much cricket and travel before WC. Rest and Nets can also be part of the WC preparation.

al Furqaan
December 19, 2006, 06:44 PM
my desire for revenge after that taylor thrashing and the 3-2 debacle is quite strong...

unlike most fans here at BC, i knew that we lost that series due to some stupidities. this zim team is not in any class near us.

after seeing the names in the premier league, i now think that we should stay at home...we have to check our interests...we played 11 matches with zim this year, we can play them right after the WC (in july or august).

lets face it, we have every real chance to upset team india and/or sri lanka and make a place in the super 8 round; zimbabwe have no hope except an early return trip back home. thats just the truth.

i understand we are acting like the eendians here, but there is a difference, we HAVE played them in a bunch of matches (all our wins are blow outs, their wins are just marginal scrape-bys) and we aren't refusing to play them for financial or other lowly reasons.

rather we should invite zimbabwean players to play in our Primier league or some other league with our top players. that is best for both teams.

reyme
December 19, 2006, 07:09 PM
Yes, bring in the best ZIM players in the premier league. But more importantly bring in some really good players from test nations in the premier league. When payers play for the clubs they are more responsible. This ZIM trip will be just a picnic with no real value other than bonus money for management. BD can play 100 matches against this Zimbos after WC, but not right now. Dont kill the domestic cricket.

BanglaCool
December 19, 2006, 10:51 PM
first off congrats to B/D..for humiliating Zim...DAMN! y'all did prove to be the betta team by far. We're hoping this means an end to Curran's contract because he just doesnt have the strategy to take the team anywhere...although i must admit that B/D cricket has moved to a new level.

Playing one more series in Zim wouldnt hurt you much...after all South Africa and Australia are going to be touring this part of the world just after world cup. The tigers have an upper hand even in Zim but the series will be much tighter than it was in B/D.
I am actually apprehensive that due to any number of factors(burn out, repetitiveness, lack of support) BD may even lose one or two matches denting their ODI statistics and their hard earned confidence in a new year and just before the World cup.

battye
December 19, 2006, 10:51 PM
Gees everyone, 6 months or so back when there was no cricket, everyone's like "please let us have a series against anyone". Now that there's been a lot of cricket, and a series has been arranged against Zimbabwe it's like "not Zimbabwe again"..........

BD may be better than Zimbabwe, but they haven't proven that on Zimbabwe soil.

I look forward to (hopefully) seeing a stream of this series. Please let there be a Twenty20 though :)

AsifTheManRahman
December 19, 2006, 11:43 PM
how much more do we have to prove? the fact that we've beaten zimbabwe 5 - 0 on our home soil should be enough to prove that we can beat them at least 3 - 2 on zimbabwean soil, or any soil for that matter. the last thing we want is a burn out ahead of the world cup. why bother travelling when you have equivalent competition at home?

AsifTheManRahman
December 19, 2006, 11:50 PM
btw, i may just have misworded my message there - i don't have problems with bd playing zim. it's just that i wouldn't like to see the players get burnt out right before a tournament as important as the world cup. we can beat them in their backyard after the world cup is over, and give the rest of the world all the proof that they need once and for all.

Tokyobreeze
December 20, 2006, 12:00 AM
Honestly I don't mind our players playing some International Cricket before WC.It would be better if we can play against big guns.But, lets face it, that's impossible.When we can't get what would be expected, I am happy with something which is somewhat expected - Match Practice.Though can't really rule out the possibilities of injuries.In that arena, I just hope players will be rotated nicely and be given sufficient rest whenever needed.

I see coming Zim tour as a boost-up before WC.

al Furqaan
December 20, 2006, 11:54 AM
why bother travelling when you have equivalent competition at home?

our domestic is probably of a higher standard...

TheWatcher
December 20, 2006, 12:06 PM
our domestic is probably of a higher standard...
Then I wonder how a strong A-team led by Bashar lost to Zimbabwe.

al Furqaan
December 20, 2006, 07:32 PM
Then I wonder how a strong A-team led by Bashar lost to Zimbabwe.

because it was team of no quality players...JO, alok, tushar, etc.

btw, when did we lose to zimbabwe???

and if we did, u answered the question urself: Bashar was captaining.

layperson
December 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
This is the perfect and last scope for Bd to experiment with the opening slot and try out someone new instead of Mehrab Jnr, failing which they will have to take responsibility for the humiliation that would await us in the world cup in 2007.
Asif pointed about burn out but dude we are hardly playing any international cricket, where does the question of burn out come from ?
I am actually looking forward to the series because we need to beat them in Zim for me to believe that BD has moved onto a different level where there is a huge gap between us and Zim. It really does not matter why we lost the previous series, because it is mistakes that make you lose and it was our mistake we lost which is part of the game. The bottom line is we lost to Zim earlier and need to beat them in Zim to prove that our target is to move higher up the ranking hierarchy now.

TheWatcher
December 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
because it was team of no quality players...JO, alok, tushar, etc.

btw, when did we lose to zimbabwe???
Disappointed Al Furqaan, you don't follow Bangladesh cricket as closely I thought you do. That team was made of the brightest prospects for Bangladesh (no JO, Alok, or Tushar).

Zimbabwe vs. BCCB President XI (http://tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=494)

worldofad
December 20, 2006, 10:33 PM
Well....kheltese jhokhon ekhon r kichu korar nai negative kotha bole...but i hope eibar match gula shob live telecast hoy... hope to see the matches live online in some way ... channel i onek jhamela kore...

al Furqaan
December 20, 2006, 11:11 PM
Disappointed Al Furqaan, you don't follow Bangladesh cricket as closely I thought you do. That team was made of the brightest prospects for Bangladesh (no JO, Alok, or Tushar).

Zimbabwe vs. BCCB President XI (http://tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=494)

mehrab, rahim, and nadif are far from being national team regulars...well except for mehrab. remember how poor aftab played when he first joined the seniors? but very shortly he became a world beater. from scoring 4 runs against NZ in october to a match winning 67 and 81* against india and zim, respectively. i don't read much into that.

in our conditions, this zim team would be outclassed any day against a half decent side. who knows that wicket might have been utterly difficult come 2nd innings.

shujan
December 21, 2006, 12:07 AM
This time Zimbabwe is mad! They are mad!! I read some article from Zimbabwe. They are looking for the head of the coach. Be ready to get a fight from Zimbos at zimbabwe. It will not be easy this time!!

We can handle it!!

thasan
December 21, 2006, 05:38 AM
Good idea but remember we lost against Zim in their homeground. Playing in Zim condition will be much more competitive and we need to take revenge. :) And if we lose 7 wkts chasing 193 in Dhaka I just wonder if we can prosper in batting there.

i agree....a whitewash in zombie soil will be good as well...
since we r not getting any more opportunities, eitai ba kom kisher?

Miraz
December 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
BCB managed to shift the tour to first week of February. This will give the national players more opportunity to play in the domestic league.

The length of the series is still undecided. (4 match or 5 match?)

Dhaka, Dec 21 (bdnews24.com) - Bangladesh will tour Zimbabwe to play an ODI series in the first week of February next year, a senior Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) official confirmed Thursday.

"I can assure you that Bangladesh will go to Zimbabwe in the first week of February, but it remains to be decided whether it will be a four or five-match series," BCB General Secretary Mahbub Anam told bdnews24.com Thursday.

During the Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe in June-July this year, the African country had verbally invited Bangladesh to play a five-match ODI series in late January, 2007.

BCB requested the Zimbabwean board to shift the tour to the first week of February, citing that the cricketers would be involved in domestic league, said Anam.

BCB CEO Mahmudur Rahman said, "Zimbabwe want Bangladesh to play five one-dayers, but we want to play four."

battye
December 22, 2006, 10:07 AM
4 match series has been confirmed at zimcricket.org:

The senior men will be preparing to host Bangladesh in four One-Day International matches beginning the first weekend of February 2007

akabir77
December 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
i can't understand what's the diff between 4 and 5 matches? if they wanted to rest them then it should be 3. in that way we will have a series winner for sure...

TheWatcher
December 22, 2006, 01:04 PM
DS: Tigers to play four ODIs in Zimbabwe

Bangladesh cricket team will reach Zimbabwe on February 1 to play four one-day internationals as part of preparation for the next year's World Cup.

The cricket committee of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) yesterday confirmed the timetable at its meeting where some other important decisions were also taken.

"It is now confirmed that the Bangladesh team will land Zimbabwe on February 1 and return home on February 11 after playing four one-day internationals," informed BCB general secretary Mahbubul Anam, also the chairman of the cricket committee, after a lengthy meeting.

He also informed that the 30-member probables for the World Cup in the West Indies will be announced on January 13 and the 15-member final squad will be made public exactly a month later.

In another important move the committee has decided to formulate a doping policy for the board.

"We will formulate a doping policy and it will be placed at the next board meeting for approval. We will prefer random doping tests before the World Cup," informed Mahbub. The next board meeting is likely to be held on sometimes next month.

The committee has taken the initiative to go with the worldwide doping policy by the International Cricket Council (ICC). The issue came into spotlight after two Pakistani fast bowlers -- Shoeb Akhter and Mohammad Asif -- tested positive during the ICC Champions Trophy in India.

Mahbub also confirmed England A team's tour to Bangladesh in next February as the second string English side will arrive in Dhaka on February 14 to play a three-day warm-up match and two four-dayers besides three limited-over matches.

He also said that the meeting discussed on specialist bowling and batting coaches for the national team but the final decision will come in mid-January.

In another significant move the cricket committee has decided to invite national team skipper in it's future meetings to get more knowledge about the players.

"We have decided to invite the national captain to our meeting as we thought that he would be the right man to raise the players' well being or problems because of his close association with them," the bearded organisers said.

Ahmed_B
December 22, 2006, 02:24 PM
if they wanted to rest them then it should be 3. in that way we will have a series winner for sure...
Maybe thats the risk the board doesnt want to take.. ;)

Murad
December 22, 2006, 03:33 PM
DS: Tigers to play four ODIs in Zimbabwe

Mahbub also confirmed England A team's tour to Bangladesh in next February as the second string English side will arrive in Dhaka on February 14 to play a three-day warm-up match and two four-dayers besides three limited-over matches.

"We have decided to invite the national captain to our meeting as we thought that he would be the right man to raise the players' well being or problems because of his close association with them," the bearded organisers said.

thats a good news.. after long time.. england A team is better than zimbabwe team.. so it willl be a good practice before world cup.. hope some of our national players included in the A-team against Eng A..

and calling habibul to the meeting is a good move by BCB.. i guesss maybe some good things will come up...from this..who knows..