PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton on Bangladesh....

nasifkhan
December 10, 2006, 12:15 PM
Bangladesh. For Scots of a patriotic bent who follow cricket as well as football, the word sits in the horror lexicon alongside Iran, Peru and Costa Rica.
Gavin Hamilton was the buccaneering champion of Scottish cricket back in 1999, when the World Cup came to Edinburgh and Bangladesh arrived ripe for the beating. Even he couldn't prevent the inevitable cock-up. An inaugural World Cup victory, like a place in the football equivalent's second phase, was within Scotland's grasp only to hit the floor in slapstick fashion.
John Blain's fast bowling reduced the Grange visitors to 26 for five before a recovery demanded that Scotland score 186 to win. Hamilton was on 63 and comfortably steering his country home when a drive by Alec Davies scraped a bowler's fingers and ran out the then Yorkshire all-rounder at the non-striker's end. The Scots fell 23 runs short.

[ More (http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES/articles/000034/003471.shtml) ]

Source: http://www.cricketeurope4.net

TheWatcher
December 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
"It's going to be tough, no bones about it, but we are going out there to win a match or two......"

-Hamilton
Yeah, in your dream L-)

Sam
December 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
Don't take anybody lightly. Complacent is the devil's conspiracy.

shamster
December 10, 2006, 02:22 PM
We must not be complacent !! Got to be professional in our win against them !

Protic
December 10, 2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah.. we will win INSHALLAH.

sadi
December 10, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, in your dream L-)

haha... good to see this coming from you :p

AsifTheManRahman
December 10, 2006, 02:51 PM
i think the scotts are getting a tad complacent here. bepar na, 2ta match khellei akash theke matite porbe dhopash kore.

Kabir
December 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
Amra na akash theke porlei hoy. Looking at the management's decision, possibility ase akash theke porar ;)

Fortuner
December 10, 2006, 03:37 PM
Scotland can defeat BD...

I aint being negative but jst being aware of how we can be....(hint...5th odi vs Zimbo)
but yaa...for sure Nafees, Mehrab, Mashrafee, Razzak gona perform...
coz these players are consistent...

kalpurush
December 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
Don't take anybody lightly. Complacent is the devil's conspiracy.

Sam bhai: Your statement is true. Though, this is year 2006! We past our past!! Ino-Pak-Scot-Zim can't scare us anymore!!! It's all about winning spree!:-D

kalpurush
December 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
Amra na akash theke porlei hoy. Looking at the management's decision, possibility ase akash theke porar ;)

Kabir bhai: It could be fun when you are equiped with proper tools!:-D And, I believe we are.:)

http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/people/smokejumpers/redding/images/14.jpg

akabir77
December 10, 2006, 06:05 PM
I hope bd team shows up in the 2 ODI's and crush them

cricketboy
December 11, 2006, 02:51 AM
I somehow think Scotts will be tougher than ZIms. Hamilton mojatai ase jokhon icha ENglande khele jokhon icha Scotlande. :p

Mahir
December 11, 2006, 03:43 AM
Most of the players in the Scotland team play in the English county cricket, dont they ? BD's recent record against the second-string county teams is terrible (last year's England tour). That's where such arrogance of Mr. Hamilton is coming from.

Scotland scare me more than Zimbabwe/Kenya, quite frankly. But I am expecting nothing less than another comprehensive series win by our Tigers.

PoorFan
December 11, 2006, 04:03 AM
Defeat was a choking setback. George Salmond's side failed to qualify at the next time of asking and had to watch as Bangladesh were fed money to grow into the respected international force they are today. "Looking back on it, one country went one way and the other went the other," said Hamilton
The guy seems has some fire inside. Wish him good luck.

Rabz
December 11, 2006, 04:57 AM
Hamilton who??

This is the new Bangladesh we are talking about....

Gavin Smavin.....

nsd3
December 11, 2006, 06:23 AM
We got beaten by Canada before - so no complacency please. I believe our team knows well about being camplacent by now.

Mridul
December 11, 2006, 07:43 AM
Check this out

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/80/80482.html

we lost to them two years ago. Though I think we should win. Playing Razzak, Rafiq, Saqib and Mehrab would be tough for them. At least one of the ODIs will be very close.

TheWatcher
December 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
Hamilton mojatai ase jokhon icha ENglande khele jokhon icha Scotlande. :p
Not really. He was dropped from England team after playing only one Test. Then he had to wait four years, to satisfy ICC players eligibility rules, before he could play for Scotland again.

Rihaad The Man
December 11, 2006, 11:06 AM
I still remeber that :)

We can win against this Bangladeshi team in any given day of the week :) ...........

Let's see who wins it though , we bat first we make 300+ runs :) .

Sam
December 11, 2006, 11:19 AM
The Scottish Team is in Dhaka now. Here is the report from Tigercricket:

<TABLE class=tablestyle id=Table1 style="WIDTH: 482px; HEIGHT: 196px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=482 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Scots relishing the challenge
TigerCricket.com Report
11-December-2006
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE id=Table2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normtext vAlign=top><TABLE class=tablestyle id=Table3 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 borderColorDark=#000080 cellPadding=0 width=120 align=right borderColorLight=#006699 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.tigercricket.com/Image/hamilton_news.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>A 20-member Scotland cricket team reached Dhaka today (Monday) morning to play two one-day internationals against Bangladesh.
The ICC associate members are due to meet the BCCB Academy side in a warm-up match on Wednesday before taking on the Tigers in the ODIs to be played on December 15 in Chittagong and December 17 in Dhaka.
The two matches scheduled will be Scotland's first official ICC one-day international games on overseas soil.
Talking to reporters at the airport Scotland coach Peter Drinnen said that the conditions here will be the major challenge for his side.
“We know that spin usually plays a big part here. We have four spinners in our team and they should enjoy bowling on conditions that suit slow bowling,” said Drinnen.
Captain Craig Wright is set to become the most capped Scotland international of all time if he plays in both games against Bangladesh. The Dhaka match will be his 154th cap and will enable him to overtake current record holder Greig Williamson.
“Obviously it is a great honour. We have come here knowing that Bangladesh have been playing some good cricket and it is a opportunity for all of us to make a mark.
“Cricket in Scotland is getting popular but is still some way behind football in terms of passionate following. It is nothing like what cricket is in Bangladesh but more and more people are getting interested in the game these days,” said Wright.
For Gavin Hamilton, Bangladesh’s name holds bitter memories. The 32-year-old all-rounder was the star of the team when they faced the Tigers in a 1999 ICC Cricket World Cup match
Bangladesh had been reduced to 26/5 before recovering to post 186 to win. But the Scots were chasing well with Hamilton on 63 leading the way. Then a drive by batsman Alec Davies scraped a bowler's fingers and hit the stumps at the non-striker’s end to run out Hamilton. The Scots eventually fell 23 runs short.
“Yes I remember that match very well. We lost unfortunately. I would say that Bangladesh have gone ahead since and that is only natural because they have had the chance to play against top quality teams on a regular basis which is the only way you can improve in cricket.”
Scotland have made a last minute change to their side with Brisbane-born Glen Rogers replacing Johan Dewald Nel.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Fazal
December 11, 2006, 03:37 PM
This Hamilton guys is already 32 years old. My guess is there may be other younger player that we may need to worry, but not Hamilton. The best of Hamilton is alreadt past.

ahms
December 11, 2006, 04:01 PM
This is their first international outing. BD should score new ODI record against them. Do some good batting practice, at least. Hopefully bowlers will do the rest, Inshallah.

Murad
December 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
damn... ora jebabe bola shuru korse.. team like australia o erokom boleni..

Murad
December 11, 2006, 04:18 PM
kothai ache.. jei pola beshi pet pet kore.. shei shobar ageii mair khaiii..

so.. ei hamilton er obostha o tai.. hobe.. inshallah..

Mridul
December 11, 2006, 04:27 PM
Watch out for Watson. He won the game for Scotland against us 2 years ago by scoring 80+. He also scored 80 against Pakistan recently.

Bancan
December 11, 2006, 04:35 PM
i have a bad feeling about this series............

Thunder
December 11, 2006, 05:54 PM
There's a good possibility that we'll lose at least one match and bashar will blame playing too many matches within a short time!

Protic
December 11, 2006, 06:06 PM
Well..we are 110% better than what we were in 2004..even the players ..individually. Ashraful has his aussie ton behind him..Aftab has his awesome knock against eng in 2nd test behind him..adding to that we have Mehrab..and also MR SN..recently married and performing!!..then Sakib the new guy..who doesnt have the loosing mentality bd players use to have..and Bashar,Mushfiq,Mortaza..all in all ..we are a new team..a better team. If we could beat them once out of 2 times.. in 04..Inshallah we'll be able to beat them 2 times out of 2 matches in 06.
Thats what i hope..but its also a fact..if we think statistically.

AsifTheManRahman
December 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
Well..we are 110% better than what we were in 2004..even the players ..individually. Ashraful has his aussie ton behind him..Aftab has his awesome knock against eng in 2nd test behind him..adding to that we have Mehrab..and also MR SN..recently married and performing!!..then Sakib the new guy..who doesnt have the loosing mentality bd players use to have..and Bashar,Mushfiq,Mortaza..all in all ..we are a new team..a better team. If we could beat them once out of 2 times.. in 04..Inshallah we'll be able to beat them 2 times out of 2 matches in 06.
Thats what i hope..but its also a fact..if we think statistically.

you forgot the conditions. we played them on scottish soil two years ago; this time, i expect things to be different not only because we have better players but also because we have the conditions in our favour.

nevertheless, i think the scottish could prove to be a tougher opponent than the zimbabweans.

Farhad
December 11, 2006, 06:17 PM
I actually found the article pro-bangladesh in a way. Its a far cry from the cricinfo articles 2 years ago. Even so, still hoping BD thrashes them.

kalpurush
December 11, 2006, 07:09 PM
I actually found the article pro-bangladesh in a way. Its a far cry from the cricinfo articles 2 years ago. Even so, still hoping BD thrashes them.

Welcome to BC fan's world! :-D

kalpurush
December 11, 2006, 07:16 PM
There's a good possibility that we'll lose at least one match and bashar will blame playing too many matches within a short time!

There I see the spirit! Very well...our differences would make us stronger, I believe.:-D

kalpurush
December 11, 2006, 07:20 PM
i have a bad feeling about this series............

Feeling sad for the Scottish!?!;) :-D

Bancan
December 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
nah seriously. we are getting way to cocky. just look at the last match of zim series. plus i think scotland is a better team then zim

AsifTheManRahman
December 11, 2006, 11:15 PM
well the scotts have upset many strong teams in the past, but they haven't really been tested in foreign conditions. should be interesting to see how they do. i'm expecting some strong competition, but seriously, if our sla's can bowl like they have been bowling lately and mash and rajib provide adequate support, i don't see why we should lose to them. not that i'm not expecting a loss at all.

Imteaz
December 12, 2006, 01:51 AM
Well, If Mr. Hamilton Compare 1999 WC Bangladesh and 2006 Test Playing Bangladesh, I must Say "He is a Fool". No Doubt, Mr. hamilton is a Very good Cricketer but If he Under Estimate Bangladesh Then.................Nothing to Say.

Wish, Scotland to Score 200 and Mr. Hamilton at least a Fifty.

Can He Do That in Bangladesh Condition?:p

akabir77
December 12, 2006, 10:49 AM
Bhai last time was in coldest condition you could ever think of and it was kinda warm up and team was getting build under the famous SIDA KHEL coach Paki... so i am reluctant to call them ODI they were kinda warm-up matches.
And this is totally different ball game inshallah we will crush them in our home soil.

sislam2
December 12, 2006, 02:34 PM
Most of the scotish players have county cricket experience and as we all know Hamilton was selected for the England team but never got a chance to play so he went to play for Scotland. Just for example, sean williams of Zim have county cricket experience and he was the leading run scorer for Zim. so, no reason to take Scotland lightly, They are not upto the international level, but they have the experience of playing with quality players for example graeme HIck, Alec Stewart and more.

sislam2
December 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
nah seriously. we are getting way to cocky. just look at the last match of zim series. plus i think scotland is a better team then zim

Last game against Zim was disappointing and pathetic. If that continues in our batting department we are sure to loss one game at least. Two run outs and Ash cutting a ball too close to his body sending Mashrafe befor reza and rahim, we need to stop with that.

Farhad
December 12, 2006, 03:39 PM
Last game against Zim was disappointing and pathetic. If that continues in our batting department we are sure to loss one game at least. Two run outs and Ash cutting a ball too close to his body sending Mashrafe befor reza and rahim, we need to stop with that.

Well...yeah, the last game wasnt too good. But, still, youve got to take into consideration that the pitch seemed to be breaking up, and both the runouts, as stupid as they were, were mainly because the zimbabweans got in the way of the players. But, youve definately got a point with Ash, that was a terrible choice of shot selection.

sadi
December 12, 2006, 03:52 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/12/13/2006-12-13__sport01.jpg

:)

Fazal
December 12, 2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/12/13/2006-12-13__sport01.jpg

Goshha Tumi Koiro Na.....

TheWatcher
December 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
The Bravehearts were scheduled to fly to Chittagong on Tuesday, but the Bangladesh Cricket Board allowed the side to recover from jet-lag and travel the next day instead.

That means the lone warm-up match against the BCB XI scheduled to be played today, has been deferred by a day also. It will now be held on December 14, a day before the first one-day match at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium.

-New Age
Bunch of lazy old people, any other international side would have gone to Chittagong right away, giving themselves more time to get used to the condition over there.

Scots are prolly going to embarrass themselves against the Academy team.

Imteaz
December 12, 2006, 10:14 PM
we all know Hamilton was selected for the England team but never got a chance to play

He Played One Test for England Against South Africa in South Africa. He Scored "0" (Duck) in both of His Innings. That Was First and Last Test of Him.