PDA

View Full Version : About those pace bowlers?

freeman
December 11, 2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone

I would like to know if anyone knows about those pace bowlers that Grameen Phone pacer hunt programe got them? Please let us know if anyone has any information regarding this matter. That would be really appriciated.

Omio
December 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
yaa,
I think they got 1 of them who can bowl 85 mps, I think his name is Javed..
They may play 1st division cricket..
Anotherthing if u dont hav line and lenth doesnt matter how is ur speed.

Fazal
December 11, 2006, 03:52 PM
so far nothing so show for...in other words so far more or less garbage in garbage out....

Murad
December 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
they got some pacers..
kintu ora..bksp te ache.. training nicche.. hopefully tader maajh theke bhalo ekta pacer pabo amra.. after 1/2yrs later... as they will be playing domestic cricket now..

TheWatcher
December 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
Among the GP discoveries, the fastest one, Jahid, never played any competitive cricket. The second fastest, Waskurni, got banned for suspect action.

Among the other bowlers who were recorded bowling at 80+ mph, Mahbubul Alam had an unsuccessful A-team tour to Zimbabwe. In the domestic circuit, he plays for Sonargaon Club and Dhaka division.

Robiul Islam from Satkhira, so far, got to play few matches for City club and Khulna division.

There are two other boys, Shuvashis Roy and Mohammad Azim, who are currently part of the U/19 squad. Azim, so far, got a match or two to play for Dhaka.

Protic
December 11, 2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah ..aint hearing anything special anymore about Jahid Hassan ..thats the full name..i guess.

Imteaz
December 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
As Per I Know, The Fastest Bowler from Grameen Phone Pacer Hunt was a Chucker. Is it True?

akabir77
December 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
they where looking for some one to throw or ball the fatsest cause they can fix the bowling later but you cant make some one bowl fast

uss01
December 12, 2006, 05:15 PM
Relax everyone. Be patient. You watch Shahadat. In 3-5 years, He will bowl at 90mph. I'm very confident about Shahadat, if he takes care of his body and hits the gym, he'll be much stronger later and be able to bowl faster. He's probably working on his weight training already. He's barely out of his teens and bowling at 85 mph.

Off topic, about Rasel, he should take a year off from international cricket. With the extra time he has, go to the gym and build some muscle and gain some speed in his bowling. Because at his current pace Pointing and Jayasurya will hit his balls from mirpur to Buringanga very easily.

Thunder
December 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
I think its time that we start hunting for batsman now. If we can't make enough runs, what a pacer is gonna bowl to..? :timeout:

Grameen is hunting bowlers, so Aktel can hunt for the batsman..

I think its time to start "Aktel Batsman hunt" program as soon as possible.. we desperately need some authentic batters.

gatekeeper
December 12, 2006, 05:48 PM
Relax everyone. Be patient. You watch Shahadat. In 3-5 years, He will bowl at 90mph. I'm very confident about Shahadat, if he takes care of his body and hits the gym, he'll be much stronger later and be able to bowl faster. He's probably working on his weight training already. He's barely out of his teens and bowling at 85 mph.

Off topic, about Rasel, he should take a year off from international cricket. With the extra time he has, go to the gym and build some muscle and gain some speed in his bowling. Because at his current pace Pointing and Jayasurya will hit his balls from mirpur to Buringanga very easily.

I agree with you on Shahadat issue. And I think, given the proper care and guidance it'll be more like 2 years or so before he becomes a genuine quick.

Don't see eye to eye on Rasel. I don't think he has the basics of a real fast bowler, I don't only mean hight. Fast bowlers have to have that extra something, that aggression, that inner desire to knock batsmen over. Don't see that in Rasel. But he does have a roll to play. With nagging line and length even his pace can cause trouble.

uss01
December 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
I think if Taposh can control is wild deliveries and stop giving away 8 runs an over he is a much better option than Rasel. Rasel gets hammered by the bigger teams like Australia. But I still believe if he builds his body, he will realize his strength and new speed and then have that killer instinct. That will be a matter of time once he gains pace. He's still 21/22, so plenty of time to develop himself.

Ejaj
December 12, 2006, 11:55 PM
Fastbowlers are basically naturally born, they cannot be made. Thats the fact. Otherwise,. India would have created a lot of bowlers if the fastbowler factory would have worked.

TO me, I see Rajib as the geneune nature of a fastbowler. But, I guess, this is probably his maximum speed. With weight and other stuff, he would probably gain another mile or two in his bowling. Not more than that. I am okey with what is he having. The best part would be to have some role models for youngstars to take fast bowling inspiration. So, I expect the next generation to be much faster. Bangladesh can produce tear away bowler like Pakistan. So.. I am just hoping see some soon.

uss01
December 13, 2006, 03:33 PM
how do you know bangladesh can produce tearaway fastbolwers like Pakistan? I wish they can, but it's hard to say that like you did. Just because they have role models, doesn't mean they can bowl fast.

SS
December 13, 2006, 04:41 PM

sneha_sharma
December 13, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well i think you need 2 things

1. Killer instinct (do or die attitude)
2. Smarts

Pakistan has 1st and India has 2nd, you need both... IMHO :)

Rihaad The Man
December 13, 2006, 06:01 PM
We have Shahzada now :).

HereWeGo
December 13, 2006, 08:50 PM
Well i think you need 2 things

1. Killer instinct (do or die attitude)
2. Smarts

Pakistan has 1st and India has 2nd, you need both... IMHO :)

y cant u just be like Australia and have both.....

RazabQ
December 13, 2006, 10:26 PM
how do you know bangladesh can produce tearaway fastbolwers like Pakistan? I wish they can, but it's hard to say that like you did. Just because they have role models, doesn't mean they can bowl fast.Well we have two things going: First an increasingly carnivorous diet - we all know meat consumption leads to bigger ppl - witness the middle-class teenagers now. 2nd, our genetic mix has enough of the dravidru/negroid gene to ensure a nice fast-twitch muscle density of our athletes (not for nothing the late Shah Alam was the fastest man in SA twice).

Ejaj
December 14, 2006, 12:36 AM
how do you know bangladesh can produce tearaway fastbolwers like Pakistan? I wish they can, but it's hard to say that like you did. Just because they have role models, doesn't mean they can bowl fast.

Well, I would like to mention few things that contribute to the positives of cricekt. India had produced many good batsman, mostly grafters or test batsmen. And, if u look out the source of players, are mostly from Mumbai, which happened to have many great batsman playing at the top. This creates inspiration among ppl. Ppl tend to copy their favourite idol. ANd. masters many trick. Same thing goes for Spinners too. Traditionally., India had been the breading ground for spinners. So, in both of this field, u hardly need the physical strength to get an extra edge. Before the 19467 partition, the Combined India team had most of the fast bowlers from Northern india and now the present part of Pakistan. So, when Pakistan emarges as a test playing country , they already had few very good fast bowlers. Fazal Mahmud was an example. And.,. since then, The bowling had been dominated by Fast bowlers in Pakistan, greatly enhanced duing Imran/Sharfarz Newaz ear. ANd. created the inspirtation for AKram/Waqar and all the present players. Pakistanis just love to bowl fast. Very few players in Pakistan actually came out from Institutionalized cricket. Most of them came from Tape tennis level, where, bowling very fast is the only source of armour at this level. Physic also play a big role. Most of the Paki bowlers are from Middle and northern part of the country, where, Protin covers 80% of their diet. You wont believe how much meat they take everyday. ANd, att he same, due to goegraphical conditon, they also tend to have a more tougher physic. So... all this stuf, played positive part in creating lots of fast bowlers in Pakistan.

As for Bangladesh, we arent that huge meat eaters, however, we do cosume a lot of protein in our daily diets. This definitely gives an edge in the physical growth for the fast bowlers. Plus, there is a natural instint for us to be agressive similar to Pakis. So, mental nature also supports us in the building process. But, with all, without a role model, it willl not help us. Just take an example of Rafiq. He has been such a respected player that in last 4 years we literary saw a boom in Left arm spinner all over the country. This gives the neccasy fuel to create newer players. Same wil go for Fast bowlers. If Mash/Rajib ( I am ommiting all other bowlers in Bangladesh who played for the national team, since, to me, this two are the only world class players we have created so far), could be created when they take inspiration from Akram, FLintoff, their performace will raise adralin for all those young players to just bowl fast. If u remember, when Rajib hit A SL player( sorry, cant rem the name) with a bouncer to injure him, rather than feeling guilty and sad, Rajib was in joy. This is killer instinct of a predator and I am sure, many young player loving the art of fast bowling, just loved and thrilled by that. This is waht I am talking about. We have the natural instinct for gettign agressive and This will surely encourage many players just to be a tearaway fast bowlers. This is not meant to disrespect the nation, but, its the way we are. A firey Rajib or Mash will surely push the buttons for all those young players just to bowl very fast. This is another source of fun , only, fast bowlers will understand.

Fazal
December 14, 2006, 09:40 AM
I don't think plain meat is going to do any good. It have to be hormone induced meat. And McDonald's chicken nuggets and IHOP's cheap steaks are the good examples of hormone induced meats.

I propose BCB invest some time and enerrgy so that McDonald and IHOP can open their restaurants in very corner in Bangladesh.

uss01
December 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
dravid/negroid? I though most bangladeshis were of the dravid/aryan mix.

Well we have two things going: First an increasingly carnivorous diet - we all know meat consumption leads to bigger ppl - witness the middle-class teenagers now. 2nd, our genetic mix has enough of the dravidru/negroid gene to ensure a nice fast-twitch muscle density of our athletes (not for nothing the late Shah Alam was the fastest man in SA twice).

Fortuner
December 14, 2006, 12:37 PM
I agree with you on Shahadat issue. And I think, given the proper care and guidance it'll be more like 2 years or so before he becomes a genuine quick.

Don't see eye to eye on Rasel. I don't think he has the basics of a real fast bowler, I don't only mean hight. Fast bowlers have to have that extra something, that aggression, that inner desire to knock batsmen over. Don't see that in Rasel. But he does have a roll to play. With nagging line and length even his pace can cause trouble.

Rasel is 5'11...nt a bad height....he is the best option we have right now for a 3rd pacer simply coz he can swing well...but only he lacks in pace...if he is lil more fast..he will rokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...wasim akram also told this.....hope rasel becomes more fast....lets pray

Fortuner
December 14, 2006, 12:39 PM

bangladeshi are from aryan mix as well as dravid mix...mostly...lil from negroid

Fortuner
December 14, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think if Taposh can control is wild deliveries and stop giving away 8 runs an over he is a much better option than Rasel. Rasel gets hammered by the bigger teams like Australia. But I still believe if he builds his body, he will realize his strength and new speed and then have that killer instinct. That will be a matter of time once he gains pace. He's still 21/22, so plenty of time to develop himself.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,

zahid
December 14, 2006, 06:46 PM
Grameen Pacer Hunt.

Aktel Batsman hunt.

How about BanglaLink fielder hunt? :)

mhferdaus
December 14, 2006, 07:40 PM

our base genetics was Sino-Tibetan plus Australoid mix ( either mix or habitated by both ) , according to wikipedia , indo-aryan did not come in that much number to mix that big, but they were strong and clever :D to rule over big number of peoples, later we had visitors from around the world, so what you might think aryan blood might be European, Turkey or Irani genetics at work, though they too in smaller number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh

Remnants of civilization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization) in the greater Bengal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal) region date back 4,000 years,<sup id="_ref-bharadwaj_0" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh#_note-bharadwaj)</sup><sup id="_ref-xinhua_0" class="reference">[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh#_note-xinhua)</sup> when the region was settled by Dravidian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dravidian_people), Tibeto-Burman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibeto-Burman_languages), and Austro-Asiatic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Asiatic_languages) peoples.

and this is getting quite off topic, It is possible to be bowl really fast no matter which country you are from (most countries have good fast bowlers), we just lived spin more than pace that is why we have RFM instead of RF, but we did have quality RFM though, like Shanto, Mashrafee, Sharif, Saiful, who had nagging lines and good swings.

nasifkhan
December 14, 2006, 11:54 PM
Grameen Pacer Hunt.

Aktel Batsman hunt.

How about BanglaLink fielder hunt? :)

tahole Citycell ki korbe....???? Citycell Fan Hunt????

jeesh
December 15, 2006, 12:07 AM
Just to let you all know Mohammad Zahid (At one point fastest bowler in the World) from Pakistan used to have a daily dosage of 2 Kg of Mutton and 1 Litre Milk. Diet has a lot to do with how a bowler can develop into a fast bowler. Clearly affording 2kg of Mutton a day aint going to be very easy at the rate prices are going up. Hehe
Anyway Andy Robert did predict Talha Jubair and Mashrafee would be future 90 mph bowlers. But once again this is the problem with our quicks. Their bowling actions need to be corrected because they are likely to cause injuries, plus they need to go through proper grooming and development. Just because someone can bowl at 90 mph and decent line and length shouldnt be brought into the team right away.
I have been out of touch with BD cricket for a while. But just out of curiousity wanted to know how Dollar Mahmud and Shafaq Al Jabir are?

Fazal
December 15, 2006, 10:59 AM
Looks like people are so obsessed with hight for FBs. As a short term, why don't we give this guy our citizenship then?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/12/15/talldolphin_narrowweb__300x468,0.jpg

akabir77
December 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
Looks like people are so obsessed with hight for FBs. As a short term, why don't we give this guy our citizenship then?

Citizen diley ki hobey? he needs to breed too:-D

Aritro
December 15, 2006, 11:18 AM
Have we given up on Talha Jubair?

Perhaps one of our regular National League followers can give us an update on his progress.

BangladeshFan
December 15, 2006, 02:45 PM
why are u guys obsessed with killer instinct/aggression etc. a bowler can have very mild nature, still bowl very quick and knock batsman over. strength, height these are factors but more important is his run up and bowling action. fast bowlers grow up at a young age and they usually remain at their peak speed from 19-20 onwards. both shoaib and lee were very quick even when they started their career. shahadat with all his gym or weight buildup wont be quicker than 85-86 mph.

most bowlers can chuck at times i guess. but if they are chucking all the time and then had to correct their action altogether, they wont be the same bowler . delivery action is everything. so we have to be careful who we are grooming up from these camps.

uss01
December 15, 2006, 05:25 PM
Totally disagree. Most bolwers bowl at their peak between the ages of 25-30. Give or take 1 year. At 19-20 the body is still developing for most people. And men even grow in terms of height till the age of 25. So I believe Shahadat can grow stronger and faster by the time he's 25. But probably no more than 90-92 mph. He's just a very atheletic guy in general.

zahid
December 15, 2006, 06:42 PM
tahole Citycell ki korbe....???? Citycell Fan Hunt????

I actually left Fan hunt for T&T.

CityCell can do Umpire hunt :smug: