PDA

View Full Version : Why Dont BCB Call for some Friendly One Days with Test Playing Nations?

Mav
December 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
I mean we Played Zimbabwe before the ICC trophy, it didnt really help us much with Srilanka and West Indies. My question is -

Cant BCB look at the schedule and locations and arrange even 1 one day game with a Any test playing nation? BCB gotta be dead serious, otherwise nobody is free.

For example -
* West Indies is playing in Pakistan, just ask for a friendly meet before leaving Pakistan.
*or We can/should fly to any destination to play even 1 friendly one day match.

We just need to see others schedule, and gotta be serious, and B4 WC, should play atleast 3-4 one days with with stronger teams.

These zim, scot and bermudas are not gonna help us.

kalpurush
December 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
Well, as you know... BCB officials are now very busy with lobbying for after ellection positions! You can't blame them as they are working hard on it!! National team...who cares?!!! Aagey to nijeder aakher guchano....ei...moha pobitra kortabbo thekey unader bonchito korben na doya korey! Pls. don't disturb them. Thanks kindly.;)

Spitfire_x86
December 12, 2006, 12:24 PM
I think BCB should try arranging few matches with Pakistan-A side. If they don't want to host us for playing with A team, we can invite them. They have plenty of reserve national team players and Shoaib/Asif could use some practice after the comeback.

Ahmed_B
December 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
It would really be good if BCB could arrange a few matches against South Africa after finishing BD's next away series in Zimbabwe.

Possibly BCB is also trying to arrange tougher matches with other teams... but the prob is... they seem to have completely failed to do so before the WC.

akabir77
December 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
One or two matches wont do any good. The people r saying as if if we play one or two game we will be ready to win matches. we might find out that we are still in the same place. but i can tell you that right now that our batting still in that place where we will be out with in 180 if we bat first with or without those matches.

Kabir
December 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
It's the failure of BCB to give the team any sort of practice. They should have tried being serious about it from before...now I think it's too late. With 3 months left for the WC? I guess it's silly to expect anything great right now...may be A-teams at best.

SS
December 12, 2006, 01:04 PM
I mentioned zillions of times with my monotonous tones of dissatisfaction about BCB pre election era activities, which are hampering our team's progress and preparation before th WC. We need to arrange practice matches atleast with a team similar to subcontinent giants we will be facing in 100 days. Even A teams would give us a fair idea of where we stand. Not to mention, WI wicket is different and though we did fairly well over there last time we faced WI, but this time our opponent is different and we have few new faces in both top and middle order. Also, need to consider a good third seamer option or weather we will go with three SLAs.

kalpurush
December 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
It would really be good if BCB could arrange a few matches against South Africa after finishing BD's next away series in Zimbabwe.

:up: :up: :up:

That's a great idea. BCB should work hard on this proposal.

FaridpurChicago
December 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
Probably you guys have forgot the word priority.
BCB are busy lobbying to keep their post after election. They need to closely monitor who will win and whom to support to retain their position. They are thinking important things.
Dui charta match na khel le ki hoy!!!

Kabir
December 12, 2006, 01:32 PM
That's a great idea. BCB should work hard on this proposal.

Define "work hard". Their definition of working hard is what they're doing already!

FaridpurChicago
December 12, 2006, 01:36 PM
I can't believe it's at all impossible to find a single team out of eight before WC to have match practice.
NZ is quite free after their triangular ODI. Moreover if you invite then there's every reason for others to feel interested. We proved already that we are a good side for others to have match practice.

Mav
December 12, 2006, 02:14 PM
True, NZ is quite free. But BCB is not thinking to take any chance, or make a phone call.
Why dont we fly down to NZ for a match or 2, anytime within next 3 months.

or, Yes, atleast A teams. A teams of the 8 top test playing nations must have more free spots, and they will also love to have practice matches with Bangladesh side.

Here we are talking about ideas, and the BCB officials, what are they doing.

SS
December 12, 2006, 02:20 PM
I think most of the members are supporting the need of arrangements of quality practice matches before worldcup. I, personally, do not know anybody in BCB or how to address this to BCB. Any ideas, how we can convince or notify BCB to arrange these sort of practice matches?

Mav
December 12, 2006, 02:50 PM
I think most of the members are supporting the need of arrangements of quality practice matches before worldcup. I, personally, do not know anybody in BCB or how to address this to BCB. Any ideas, how we can convince or notify BCB to arrange these sort of practice matches?

There is an Idea.

If you r in Dhaka, or any of the members who r in dhaka - You can do it.

1. Print out this thread
2. Put it in an envelope
3. Go to BCB office and drop the letter ( A Proposal from Banglacricket Fans)

May be it will be noticed within few days.

sadi
December 12, 2006, 02:55 PM
Obviously BCB are not that stupid. They know we need match practice with quality oppositions and there is no need for us to let them know that. Either they decided to ignore the need or don't care about it. Another reason might be they tried for a while and gave up.

FaridpurChicago
December 12, 2006, 03:04 PM
I saw yesterday Bashar was telling in his interview with ntv "World cup er aage dui ekta boro team er shathe khelte parle valo hoto"

Everyone is feeling the necessity. Only BCB official are not. Probably they don't know how to communicate or place a request. We guys only know breaking cars or firing things for 'Dabi aday'.

roi
December 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
Why you guys are thinking so negative of BCB officials?How did you know that they are not thinking anything mensioned above?Any proof?All i can understand is no big guns are interested to play againest us! Coz of monet issues.Cricket is a uncertain game and any given day, any side can make some upset or something else.To create that oppurtunity, we need to get use to with carribian envirnment.I better propose to go Carribian as early as possible and get some practice match againest some local teams.Making some slot for ODI is not that much easy, as you know.Thousands of issues are involve there.And about BCB officials, is there any people in bangladesh doing right job in right time?They are not any exception of the culture, that all i believe.

sensible
December 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
BCB can call all they want....but I don't think anyone would listen.....see, the other teams also have to prepare for WC and just as we want to play with big teams, they'd also want to play with big teams...not Bangladesh.....The problem is ICC in their FTP didnot give Bangladesh that opportunity and for whatever reason, may be we didn't oppose it at that time or may be no one listened to us....You have to understand...Bangladesh really doesn't get too much attention in the big league....may be if we can defeat big teams regularly...only then they'll think of playing Bangladesh.....as part of the preparation for WC.

layperson
December 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
The best way to find out what BCB is thinking is by sending them an email on behalf of the fans of BC( one of the admins can do that provided they have banglacricket emails). I think the BCB is run by professional people now and there is a structure in place when compared to other sporting bodies in our country so we should expect a reponse. We can also request them to try and fix some matches with the big guns if they are not trying already. Believe me no one is sitting idle and they must also have something on their minds. The question is are they capable of getting any big team to agree to play us.

Kabir
December 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
Why you guys are thinking so negative of BCB officials?How did you know that they are not thinking anything mensioned above?Any proof?All i can understand is no big guns are interested to play againest us! Coz of monet issues.Cricket is a uncertain game and any given day, any side can make some upset or something else.To create that oppurtunity, we need to get use to with carribian envirnment.I better propose to go Carribian as early as possible and get some practice match againest some local teams.Making some slot for ODI is not that much easy, as you know.Thousands of issues are involve there.And about BCB officials, is there any people in bangladesh doing right job in right time?They are not any exception of the culture, that all i believe.

Two things:

1. Let me ask you the same question. How do you know that BCB is doing something? Any proof?

2. (Off topic) This writing style is like 2000 years old, when there weren't space b/w words. It's really difficult to read these in 2006 you know. Please put spaces after periods, commas, and question marks.

Fazal
December 12, 2006, 04:55 PM
Please put spaces after periods, commas, and question marks.

' '
'.'
','
'?'

Done. Am I now 2006 proof?
What is the new trend for 2007, which is almost knocking the door?

akabir77
December 12, 2006, 05:19 PM
' '
'.'
','
'?'

good one fazal bhai

Anyway Kabir bhai actually you need to answer him before asking him again. As he asked the question first...:doh:

uss01
December 12, 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah no one wants to invite BD. So what BCB can do is before a team tours India or Pakistan or Sri Lanka, they can try to arrange that team play one 4 day practice match in BD or an ODI. They can sell that game/s as a warm up to their India tour. Maybe BCB can squeeze out 5-6 good quality matches out of a year like that.

The touring team gets pracrice. Bangladesh team gets some good exposure. Some exposure is better than none. Both parties win!

FaridpurChicago
December 12, 2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah no one wants to invite BD. So what BCB can do is before a team tours India or Pakistan or Sri Lanka, they can try to arrange that team play one 4 day practice match in BD or an ODI. They can sell that game/s as a warm up to their India tour. Maybe BCB can squeeze out 5-6 good quality matches out of a year like that.

The touring team gets pracrice. Bangladesh team gets some good exposure. Some exposure is better than none. Both parties win!

Not a bad idea though. Since touring teams need practice on subcontinental condition, BCB may request this approach officially to ICC. All the warm up matches against SL, Ind, Pak on their home series will take place against BD teams. If they want to come to BD then fine, if not then BD team will go to that country(Ind, Pak, SL).

sensible
December 12, 2006, 06:00 PM
Why do you think Indian or Paki board would support an idea where Bangladesh will play worm-up matches on their soil with a third country team? Don't they have provintial teams?

Anyway, I thought we're talking about preparation for the worldcup 2007....which is in 3 months.....

roi
December 12, 2006, 06:22 PM
I am not sure if practice match in sub-continent could help our preparation on WC'07. Carribian conditions are far different from sub-continent, isn't it?

Kabir
December 12, 2006, 06:30 PM
' '
'.'
','
'?'

Nope, you're not. That was more of a return than a space...too bad! :timeout:

I'll tell you about the new trend for 2007 if you come to the BC Canada meetup on the 28th. How about that? :smug:

uss01
December 12, 2006, 08:43 PM
Get over it guys. No one wants to play BD, even if BCB kisses the other board's feet. They are not good enough to generate crowds and thus sponsorships at foreign venues YET. So BCB should focus on domestic cricket and create good pitches like the one in Mirpur. I believe the player quality and quantity is already there in Bangladesh. Remember, the South Africans had a very good domestic cricket structure even though they did not play with other teams during their ban in the apartheid time. Ofcourse for us it's not that bad as we don't have a ban and we will be playing against big teams (but mostly in BD) just not as much as we would like. I believe this no-invitation attitude from the big teams will not hurt our cricket as much. It's not too bad. If anything it will make our players more hungry to win once the big teams come to BD.

Also, get over the fact that we will not play against the big teams before the world cup. It's too late to schedule anything in the next 3 months.

cricketboy
December 13, 2006, 02:23 AM
We can atleast play against strong A teams like Aus A, SA A, India or Pakistan A.

yaseer
December 13, 2006, 03:22 AM
Arey bhai.......schedule pawa gele to ar freindly match khela lage na.......ODI e khela jai ekta.......

yaseer
December 13, 2006, 03:23 AM
We can atleast play against strong A teams like Aus A, SA A, India or Pakistan A.

yes, that is what we must do....

Rihaad The Man
December 13, 2006, 03:33 AM
Who's gonna provide the cost ? Hopefully not us :)..........

If there's a friendly match then it should be for a great cause :).........

So , do we have any great cause so far ?

sunny747
December 13, 2006, 06:25 AM
Question is: which test team willing to play with us? it may be beneficial to us, what about them? i don't really think any team at this time will be interested to play with the minnows unless it's A team ....

battye
December 13, 2006, 06:46 AM
Australia has the strongest domestic competition in the world. Bangladesh should come down here for a couple of weeks, play a few 3 day games and a few one dayers against the state teams.

Probably stronger than a Pakistan A team anyway.

Rihaad The Man
December 13, 2006, 08:30 AM
If we do want to play with any A team then we have to make the A team as well . National team won't be played with any A team for sure . So , our 11 national player in BD A :) . That would be bit funny to do that :) .

Imteaz
December 14, 2006, 12:42 AM
I Think All The Teams are Busy.

Autralia - England: Ashes and Triangular Series.
Srilanka - Newzealand: Playing Test and ODI Series. (Newzealand will Join for Triangular Series with Aus-Eng)
Pakistan - West Indies: Playing and Pakistan will Go to South Africa.
South Africa-India: Playing.

Thats Why BCB Couldn't Arrange for Any Match Against Other Test Team. Only Zimbabwe is Free and BCB is Trying to Arrange a Series in Zimbabwe.

Have a Nice Time.

battye
December 15, 2006, 02:47 AM
If we do want to play with any A team then we have to make the A team as well . National team won't be played with any A team for sure . So , our 11 national player in BD A :) . That would be bit funny to do that :) .

Haha, Zimbabwe do it all the time. See this series for instance, Zim A is pretty much all national team players.

And a couple of years ago Zim A were having a series, and were so desperate to win they drafted in Andy Flower and Grant Flower :lol:

ahms
December 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
Why not BCB make arrangement with CA for practice match with few good Local (county) team in a good bouncy pitch.

AsifTheManRahman
December 15, 2006, 04:24 PM
i've said this before and am saying it again: if we can't play any decent opposition, then split the top 40 into three: the national team, the A team and the U-19, and make them play each other. that is better than nothing, and way better than flying to zimbabwe a month before the world cup or inviting scotland over.

BangladeshFan
December 15, 2006, 04:32 PM
i agree with roi. it is more important to acclimatise with WI conditions than playing one dayers in india,pakistan or SA. besides we all know how useless Bd officials are and couple that to the unwillingness of bigger teams to play with Bd.

Rather going to WI a month or two early and arrange some practice matches to their local teams (who are quite standard) will be very helpful. these west indians are basically friendly people and dont have inhibitions to playing cricket with anyone.

coverdrive
December 15, 2006, 05:27 PM
There is an Idea.

If you r in Dhaka, or any of the members who r in dhaka - You can do it.

1. Print out this thread
2. Put it in an envelope
3. Go to BCB office and drop the letter ( A Proposal from Banglacricket Fans)

May be it will be noticed within few days.

This is one of the best Idea I have ever come across in this forum!! keep it up son!! ur da top banana!:-D

Niceman70
December 15, 2006, 07:37 PM
Can we not play Zimbabwe anymore???? please. No zimbabwe, Kenya, Scotland and Bermuda! If we are doing great now its because we gained confidence playing stronger opponent.

Mav
December 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
ur da top banana!:-D

f ya, I m...who else...../:)

ahms
December 16, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hey, I Live In Dominica, Eastern Caribbean Island Close To St. Lucia. May Be I Can Talk To Dominica Cricket Board To Arrange A Friendly Match If Bcb Willing.

uss01
December 16, 2006, 02:42 PM
how can they play practice matches with local west indies sides when the pitches are being prepared for the world cup. The ground staff need time to prepare the pitches and the ground.

i agree with roi. it is more important to acclimatise with WI conditions than playing one dayers in india,pakistan or SA. besides we all know how useless Bd officials are and couple that to the unwillingness of bigger teams to play with Bd.

Rather going to WI a month or two early and arrange some practice matches to their local teams (who are quite standard) will be very helpful. these west indians are basically friendly people and dont have inhibitions to playing cricket with anyone.

Mohiul
January 11, 2007, 06:04 AM
BCB officials are crap on the aspect of finding a test playing opponet. Did they do anything to have a go for WI to visit us before they start their tour in India. This was very much perfect chance to have a good opponent before WC.

Even They could've go for Sri Lanka. They don't have any shcedule in January.

On the other had, see Zimbabwe officials managed to have a South Africa A team tour in their country before the upcoming BD-Zim series.

Shame!!! BCB Shame!

BangladeshCricket
January 11, 2007, 08:59 AM
Even India is playing few series against West Indies. Not sure why West Indies could not play one or two games with us.
I guess nobody likes us. It's upto us to prepare for ourselves.
We do not want to see a humiliation defeat agnst Ind/SL, which is likely to happen.

BangladeshCricket
January 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
Hey, I Live In Dominica, Eastern Caribbean Island Close To St. Lucia. May Be I Can Talk To Dominica Cricket Board To Arrange A Friendly Match If Bcb Willing.
Thanks for your interest and trying to help by contacting carribean cricket/Dominica Cricket board. But unfortunately we have no official contact with BCB here, correct me if i am wrong. But WI is visiting India though!!!

FaridpurChicago
January 11, 2007, 11:32 AM
BCB could easily request WI to play one or two ODIs after their tour of India and before going back to their country.

Is there any official in BCB who understand how to communicate with other teams!!!

billah
January 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
Heck, even the Zimbos have picked up ODIs against South Africa A ! I'd rather play South Africa A side. They are visiting Zimbabwe before we get there !

Whady'a say souljahs of BC, let's lock and load. Let's attack BCB with phone calls, emails and letters.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/276090.html

BangladeshCricket
January 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
What a Shock! Even SL A is playing why can't we play with SL A. All this political crisis of the whole country and BCB are destroying everything. I hope players are not involved in this political chaos, instead practice and get prepare for WC. How they are doing their practices when there is carfew everywhere.

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
:mad: If no one stands up for BCB then I will.:mad:

1. Look at the FTP. From Dec 06 to Feb 07.
If you can see any gap or window of 3 weeks for any nation (except Zim and BD) you let me know. (X-mass break for a week should be considered)

2. There are two tri series Aus, NZ and Eng in one and SL, Ind and WI in the other. Pak and SA are having a full blown tour of 3 test and 5 ODIs.

3. The only thing left for BD was to schedule something with the Zim and they did a four match series.

What more do you want BCB to do?? The elite team do not want us, live with it and stop blaming BCB. :mad:

TheWatcher
January 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by billah
Heck, even the Zimbos have picked up ODIs against South Africa A ! I'd rather play South Africa A side.
I too wonder how hard it would have been for BCB to convince ECB so to send England A-team little earlier !

I guess they were too afraid of a media backlash at Bangladesh cricket incase our team lost to an A-side before WC.

Miraz
January 11, 2007, 03:18 PM
What a Shock! Even SL A is playing why can't we play with SL A. All this political crisis of the whole country and BCB are destroying everything. I hope players are not involved in this political chaos, instead practice and get prepare for WC. How they are doing their practices when there is carfew everywhere.

Chill down mate!!

Our players are not sitting idle. They are busy with dmoestic cricket and England A is coming in February. Playing another A-team series and not playing in the domestic circuit would have been worse. Playing Zim in away series is definitely better than playing Sl - A at home ahead of world cup.

TheWatcher
January 11, 2007, 03:39 PM
Miraz, as I mentioned before, England A-team is coming too late to have any match with our national team players. Our players will be gone by then to the Caribbean to play the tri-series against Canada and Bermuda.

Also, all the A-teams from other Test playing countries that visited Zimbabwe in last few years have clean-swiped the current Zimbabwe team in their own backyard. If you remember, the A-team consisted of current Zimbabwe team players even lost a four day match series and barely won a oneday series against our A-team in 2005.

Miraz
January 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
Miraz, as I mentioned before, England A-team is coming too late to have any match with our national team players. Our players will be gone by then to the Caribbean to play the tri-series against Canada and Bermuda.

Also, all the A-teams from other Test playing countries that visited Zimbabwe in last few years have clean-swiped the current Zimbabwe team in their own backyard. If you remember, the A-team consisted of current Zimbabwe team players even lost a four day match series and barely won a oneday series against our A-team in 2005.

TheWatcher, I am aware that BD national team will not play with England A or our players will not feature in the A time as they will be playing the tri-series.

I want to emphasize on playing domestic cricket. I am still convinced that playing DPL is better than playing SL-A around this time when England A team tour is within less than one month.

Don't forget our series loss to same Zim block on their soil. It's IMO, better to play Zim at their backyard this time than playing even England A at home.

You can surely differ with that :)

FaridpurChicago
January 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
:mad: If no one stands up for BCB then I will.:mad:

1. Look at the FTP. From Dec 06 to Feb 07.
If you can see any gap or window of 3 weeks for any nation (except Zim and BD) you let me know. (X-mass break for a week should be considered)

2. There are two tri series Aus, NZ and Eng in one and SL, Ind and WI in the other. Pak and SA are having a full blown tour of 3 test and 5 ODIs.

The elite team do not want us, live with it and stop blaming BCB. :mad:

SL, Ind, WI are not playing tri series. Ind-WI will play a four match ODI from Jan 21 and Jan 31. Then Ind-SL will play from Feb 8 to Feb 17. I understand that these big teams don't want us and they won't propose to play. But if there were competent persons in BCB then we could propose something acceptable. WI could be proposed to play us after Jan 21 while returning their home. Or SL could be requested the same.

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2007, 03:49 PM
BCB could easily request WI to play one or two ODIs after their tour of India and before going back to their country.

Is there any official in BCB who understand how to communicate with other teams!!!
Not that easy.
There are warmup matches for each team participating. No time left.

israr
January 11, 2007, 03:52 PM
Please guys, don't take Zimbabwe that lightly, the previous series loss is still lurking in my mind.

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
SL, Ind, WI are not playing tri series. Ind-WI will play a four match ODI from Jan 21 and Jan 31. Then Ind-SL will play from Feb 8 to Feb 17. I understand that these big teams don't want us and they won't propose to play. But if there were competent persons in BCB then we could propose something acceptable. WI could be proposed to play us after Jan 21 while returning their home. Or SL could be requested the same.
They may have rescheduled but in the FTP 2006-11 it says "Host SL and WI Tri series ODIs 4-5 ODI (additional)" Under the India column.

Both SL and WI column says, "To Ind ODIs 4-5 ODIs (additional)".

Obviously you are not accustomed with how in the western world step-childs are treated by their brothers-sisters. We are the step-child of ICC. The other nations including SL shoves us at will.

BCB has done something. Give some credit for that. There is no garantee we will whitewash them again in th upcoming 4 game series. If it was I wouldn't have spent time protecting BCB.

TheWatcher
January 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
I am not undermining Zimbabwe team, playing them is definately better than playing in DPL. However I still say playing an A-team from other Test playing countries would prepare us better for WC. Just look at England A-team (http://www.ecb.co.uk/england/england-a/yardy-to-lead-england-a,11140,EN.html), their national team may be a terrible one in ODIs, but even their A-team have better players in every department than what Zimbabwe have in their national side.

I am not undermining BCB's capability either, if they wanted, they could have easily asked an A-team from any of our subcontinental neighbours (remind you guys, pitches in Bogra or Mirpur are not that different from pitches in WI nowadays). But I think BCB is intentionally avoiding putting our national team against A-teams from other countries. For example, SLC wanted to send their A-team to prepare us better for the last Sri Lanka series, but BCB refused cause that tour would interfare with PCL (though they had no problem hosting SL-A later when NCL was going on) ! I just think the criticism that we recieved during Duleep trophy debacle is still too vivid in BCB's memory.

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2007, 05:01 PM
Point well taken about the A teams being better than Zim national team. Heck their D team is better than what Zim can muster. But my thing is, there is something each team face in an away series that is missed in a home series. That is why I prefer this tour than any tougher opponents at home. Afterall, the WC will be played in a foreign ground. And this political unrest wouldn't calm down in near future.

6alltheway
January 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
bangladesh need to sort it self out first, forget about cricket.

the country is in turmoil and is a mess.

FaridpurChicago
January 12, 2007, 11:07 AM
bangladesh need to sort it self out first, forget about cricket.

the country is in turmoil and is a mess.

You are talking about solving the problem (political) in the country and then thinking about cricket problem. --- Then you can never think about cricket. Moreover political problem got easy fix. Just expel our two 'Jatyo netri' like Benazir and Nawaz sharif; problem will be solved.

Cricket has no easy fix dude.