PDA

View Full Version : Nafees on top 20!

Thunder
December 12, 2006, 06:00 PM
We all know that Nafees is on top 20 odi batsman list as a first ever Bangladeshi player. As this short article was published in one of the top newspapers in Australia. Have a look:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5773/dsc00066sa1.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00066sa1.jpg)

Click on the picture for a larger view..
Sorry about the picture quality though.. it was taken from a mobile camera :)

madash
December 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
YAY!!!! i hope he makes it

cricketboy
December 12, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hope he deesnt go Kapali(best batsman for BD in last world cup) or Rajin's way but becomes a top batsman in international cricket. :)

habfreak
December 13, 2006, 02:30 AM
Hope he deesnt go Kapali(best batsman for BD in last world cup) or Rajin's way but becomes a top batsman in international cricket. :)
Kpali deserves another shot...more than Ash atleast.

Murad
December 13, 2006, 02:30 PM
kapali shud not be in the team..anyhow. he shud play with A-team.. i dont swee any quality in his bat.. and also in his bowling...

billah
December 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
Here we go.....

HereWeGo
December 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
Here we go.....

looking for me?
:-D

Rihaad The Man
December 13, 2006, 03:16 PM
I don't care if he's in top 20 now , I do want to see him in top 5 in over the years .

IanW
December 14, 2006, 01:41 PM
One of the best quotes out of the Australia-Bangladesh test series was Mark Waugh commentating on Sky after day 1 of the first test ... 'I dont know much about that Nafees kid, but he's treated Shane Warne like a club bowler'

Ian Whitchurch

Hatebreed
December 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
One of the best quotes out of the Australia-Bangladesh test series was Mark Waugh commentating on Sky after day 1 of the first test ... 'I dont know much about that Nafees kid, but he's treated Shane Warne like a club bowler'

Ian Whitchurch

Indeed!

mhferdaus
December 14, 2006, 06:20 PM

Ian Whitchurch

Right on Mr. WhiteChurch :D,

and after that ICC punished BD for dandying warne making us 2nd tier :D.

Nirjhar
December 14, 2006, 07:35 PM
Cool

Rihaad The Man
December 14, 2006, 08:20 PM
Indeed!

Yes Mark Waugh did make that comment on "Sky Sports" but still never said Australia gonna loose for single time as they didn't .

mhferdaus
December 14, 2006, 09:58 PM
He also did not say Aus gonna win for sure either.

I am sure he was very frieghtened just like all Aus crick lover :D

jeesh
December 14, 2006, 11:54 PM
Anyway Nafees seems to have far better tempermant and mentality compared to Ashraful, Kapali and Rajin. Most of our batsmen are pretty sound technically but they just need to know what shot to play when. When you talk about Ashraful, Kapali and Rajin this is their basic problem. Plus none of them have the long innings mentality. I guess that same could be said about Al Shahriar. Anyway the new generation batsmen such as Sakibul, Nafees and Mehrab Jnr do look good.
I am a bit dissapointed in Nafis Iqbal though because i thought the guy could have gone a long way. I have seen him play when he was a youngster in my neighbourhood in Mohammadpur. He used to play against guys twice his size and age and still knock the ball around all over the park. He really has seemed to lose his attacking flair and shot selection.