PDA

View Full Version : BDsPoRts - Bangladeshi Sports Channel!!!

worldofad
December 14, 2006, 09:21 PM
:flag: Why dont we have a bangladeshi sports channel ?? Or should I say Khela Dhular channel? :hairpull: arre bhai notun notun kotho channel ber hoitese ...shobi eki ...news news r news....mone hoy news er competition shobar...keno???

Bangladesh should have a sports channel jei khane khali Bangladesher khela dekhano hobe without news and onusthan & natoks.... ekhon ki bhabe manush dekbe bangladesh r Scotland er khela? :confused:

Do you ppl agree on this matter? Ekta khela dhular channel howa uchitth?:flag:

view360
December 14, 2006, 09:26 PM
Bangladesh tend to prefer politics to sports. Even if you have a sport channel it will show more politics than sports. There are more politicians in Bangladesh than sportsmen.

sadi
December 14, 2006, 09:53 PM
Well it will be tough for a sports channel to survive in Bangladesh since there are so few sporting events in Bangladesh but they can have a combined music sports channel. I really think someone should start promoting our domestic cricket. It has potential.

view360
December 14, 2006, 09:56 PM
Well it will be tough for a sports channel to survive in Bangladesh since there are so few sporting events in Bangladesh but they can have a combined music sports channel. I really think someone should start promoting our domestic cricket. It has potential.

I hope people living in Bangladesh share our views.

Protic
December 14, 2006, 10:49 PM
worldofad : Hmm..i have seen someone saying this in a different thread..oh that someone was me..stolen idea? lol.
Anyway..I do support the idea!

layperson
December 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
Any of you willing to be the sponsor and invest ? Since no one in Dhaka is interested, how about one of you rich NRB's invest in a TV channel in Dhaka?

view360
December 14, 2006, 11:08 PM
Any of you willing to be the sponsor and invest ? Since no one in Dhaka is interested, how about one of you rich NRB's invest in a TV channel in Dhaka?

When you talk about investing in Bangladesh for someone without political blessing, it sounds like " I am an investor , get me out of here !"
It is like signing one's death warrent unless surrendering to the notorious extortionists politicians.

layperson
December 14, 2006, 11:21 PM
When you talk about investing in Bangladesh for someone without political blessing, it sounds like " I am an investor , get me out of here !"
It is like signing one's death warrent unless surrendering to the notorious extortionists politicians.

I will provide you with the political blessing you just need to give the money to invest. See how it works in Bangladesh is political blessing comes after money not the other way round. If you have the dough all you need to do is grease some people in the right places and you should not face any political problems or extortionists.

nasifkhan
December 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
ashole fact ta hocche....money......TV channel khola ta to kono bepari na.....kintu Je taka invest korbe seta ki back korbe.....????

view360
December 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
I will provide you with the political blessing you just need to give the money to invest. See how it works in Bangladesh is political blessing comes after money not the other way round. If you have the dough all you need to do is grease some people in the right places and you should not face any political problems or extortionists.

I have already thought about that. The best way to do this is to launch the channel off shore because the BTV has the monopoly on terrestrial broadcast. Satellite broadcast can be launched from any western nation which is outside the jurrisdiction or influence of the BD government.

layperson
December 14, 2006, 11:32 PM
ashole fact ta hocche....money......TV channel khola ta to kono bepari na.....kintu Je taka invest korbe seta ki back korbe.....????

eijonnoi to NRB bhai der bolchi !! Hehe. Investment er return bhalo hole dhakay manush ase onek invest korar kintu since they are not tar mane kichu problem ase. The thing is this channel has to practically live off revenue from cricket so I think the best way to ensure profitability is make a deal with BCB or Nimbus on broadcast issues. Plus they can cover the domestic matches and all other international sports that take place once in a while in Bangldesh. Come to think of it this is seeming like a good proposition now. Hmm maybe we should seriously look into this.

view360
December 14, 2006, 11:37 PM
eijonnoi to NRB bhai der bolchi !! Hehe. Investment er return bhalo hole dhakay manush ase onek invest korar kintu since they are not tar mane kichu problem ase. The thing is this channel has to practically live off revenue from cricket so I think the best way to ensure profitability is make a deal with BCB or Nimbus on broadcast issues. Plus they can cover the domestic matches and all other international sports that take place once in a while in Bangldesh. Come to think of it this is seeming like a good proposition now. Hmm maybe we should seriously look into this.

With a good marketing mix , there should not be any problem of investment return or even making profits.

worldofad
December 15, 2006, 01:23 AM
:confused: worldofad : Hmm..i have seen someone saying this in a different thread..oh that someone was me..stolen idea? lol.
Anyway..I do support the idea!

Protic: Seems like we, Bangladeshis, have similar regrets. We think alike and act alike...well if you raised this matter before then I support your idea too :flag: & am followong ur footsteps,,,cheers!

zakirc
December 15, 2006, 02:04 AM
There can be an offshore based Sports + Music + Lifestyle channel targeted primarily to the youth. If anyone is serious about this, I will try my best to help from Bangladesh end.

rakib28
December 15, 2006, 02:21 AM
I really like the idea of a full-time BD sports channel. Although, a bit scaptic about it's future like everybody else. But there is no harm dreaming and speaking about it. InsaAllah, oneday we sure will have it. Thanks for opening the thread.

view360
December 15, 2006, 02:39 AM
A good start can be an original online web tv channel because online broadcast is the future.

zakirc
December 15, 2006, 02:42 AM
A good start can be an original online web tv channel because online broadcast is the future.

Can you provide the required Bandwidth & Server Space if I can provide you with the Programs?

view360
December 15, 2006, 02:44 AM
Can you provide the required Bandwidth & Server Space if I can provide you with the Programs?

I believe i can do it. We can disscuss about this further.

view360
December 15, 2006, 03:16 AM
I am open to the idea of an original online web tv channel. Anyone who wants to work on this project can contact me.

Rihaad The Man
December 15, 2006, 08:52 AM
We don't have sports to play & no pne gonna sponser it as well .

abdulw11
December 15, 2006, 09:45 AM
Although the idea is great, I don't think there would be much interest in anything other than cricket, and you can't provide cricket all the time. Bangladesh is currently playing across a few sports in the Asian Games right now, but it seems no one is interested. They even showed a Bangladesh football match on Eurosport (quite a big and popular channel in UK/Europe) but hardly anyone discussed anything about it.

Sovik
December 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
channel i is doing ok. at least they are showing some games. but they need to put more effort

sensible
December 15, 2006, 04:57 PM
Aare bhai, it's all about money. Who is going to sponsor so much money to show BD standard football, hockey, etc? If you don't show anything but sports, you have to have strong sporting events....so that some of the sponsors will spend money in your channel so that you can afford to show some games...

zahid
December 15, 2006, 07:09 PM
Think Macgyver , think.

Some duct tape, a 100" radius bowl ( for Dish) , some steel poles ....

Sam
December 16, 2006, 08:20 AM
This is a valid point to open a sport channel in BD.
This will be economically feasible and can contribute a lot to the sports of Bangladesh.
We have only one channel, where there is no news, no natok. That is Falguni, Music Channel.
If a music channel can be run, then a sport channel can run very easily with lot of ads and sponsorships.

fwullah
December 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
There are still a number of channels that are on the queue for getting the government's approval, does anyone know which channels are those, or if there's any sports channel among them?

bengaltiger
December 16, 2006, 09:47 PM
b'desh's casting right has already been sold for the next half-decade or something. so no b'desh company is going to bid on telecasting right anytime soon. so you can post this thread again in another 5 years :)