PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Rafique is the best left-arm spinner (in test) against Aussie since 1990

Mohiul
December 14, 2006, 11:44 PM
<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Read the article published in cricinfo.com

Let-arm spinners v Aus since 1990

</CAPTION><THEAD><!-- headings for each column go in the "th" cells ---><!-- use class="left" to left-align a cell, otherwise it gets right-aligned --><TR class=head><TH class=left>Bowler</TH><TH>Tests v Aus</TH><TH>Wickets</TH><TH>Average</TH><TH>Career Average</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><!-- table data goes in tr/td row groups as like the following ---><!-- use class="left" to left-align a cell, otherwise it gets right-aligned --><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Mohammad Rafique</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>27.72</TD><TD>36.59</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Murali Kartik</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>32.15</TD><TD>34.16</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Daniel Vettori</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>34.94</TD><TD>35.01</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Phil Tufnell</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>38.13</TD><TD>37.68</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Paul Adams</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>39.33</TD><TD>32.87</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Venkapathy Raju</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>50.35</TD><TD>30.72</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Nicky Boje</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>55.16</TD><TD>42.65</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left>Ashley Giles</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>56.95</TD><TD>40.60</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/272650.html

view360
December 14, 2006, 11:50 PM
Rafique is the best LA spinner in test cricket at this moment. Unfortunatly he often does not get chances to bowl in two innings in atest match due to the fragile bd batsmen.

jeesh
December 15, 2006, 12:12 AM
Are you sure about that? Rafique does have a good record but i would still put Vettori ahead in terms of quality. Vettori's career hasnt been as great as expected because of his constant injury problems. Anyway although Rafique posseses good variety i would like to see him give the ball a bit more air at times otherwise he becomes very predictable. The best performance of Rafique i saw was in a match against India quite a while ago in an ODI. He was getting the ball to turn quite a bit and his arm balls were giving the batsmen constant problems. Basically the Indians although chasing a meagre total of sth around 120 were hoping Rafique finishes his 10 overs.

Zunaid
December 15, 2006, 12:33 AM
Are you sure about that? Rafique does have a good record but i would still put Vettori ahead in terms of quality. Vettori's career hasnt been as great as expected because of his constant injury problems. Anyway although Rafique posseses good variety i would like to see him give the ball a bit more air at times otherwise he becomes very predictable. The best performance of Rafique i saw was in a match against India quite a while ago in an ODI. He was getting the ball to turn quite a bit and his arm balls were giving the batsmen constant problems. Basically the Indians although chasing a meagre total of sth around 120 were hoping Rafique finishes his 10 overs.

I offer this old article here: The SLA Wars: M Rafique vs. D Vettori (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=256) (18th October, 2004)

battye
December 15, 2006, 02:44 AM
I think Panesar has just beaten Rafique...

Fazal
December 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
I think Panesar has just beaten Rafique...

I don't believe it. Any one knows anything about Rafiq, wouldn't even try to even think about it. Panesar is to fragile mentally even to try to beat someone.

mhferdaus
December 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
oh there are two threads already?
someone should merge the other thread with this one :D,
Rafique Mamu is really a genious :D