PDA

View Full Version : Records Records Records

zakirc
December 15, 2006, 10:26 AM
There are 3 likely individual performance records attainable by Bangladeshi :flag: players in the next game against Scotland. Which one would you prefer the most? :p

sadi
December 15, 2006, 10:44 AM
How about all of them

akabir77
December 15, 2006, 11:14 AM
century.. cause bd people need run. sp if aftab could get one that would be perfect...

Mohiul
December 15, 2006, 12:03 PM
all of them is achievable, so I would like to go for all of them

cricket_dorshok
December 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
all of them!!!

mhferdaus
December 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
all of them :D

afrina
December 15, 2006, 02:21 PM
Though i vote 4 Mashrafee ,but i want all of them.

Kabir
December 15, 2006, 02:39 PM
Very bad poling system Zakirc. You missed the most important option:

"All of the above" :timeout: :hairpull:

AsifTheManRahman
December 15, 2006, 03:55 PM

lol...obviously everyone would go for that option...so he probably wanted to figure which single achievement most of us would want if given a choice. i must say there are some difficult tradeoffs involved, and although a 50 for mashrafe looks tempting, for me, it would be razzak bagging a sixer to climb up to number two, so that we can have two bangladeshis topping the list.

Spitfire_x86
December 15, 2006, 04:22 PM

Yeah, he did miss the most important option. It was "none of the above"

Nowadays we often see international cricket media and fans calculating various stats without taking matches against minnows into account. They don't do it without a reason. Thanks to those 18 matches against minnows Kenya and Zimbabwe in this year, Mashrafee improved his career ODI bowling average from near 40 to good looking 29. Shahriar Nafees averages 11.12 with 3 ducks in 8 ODIs played against stronger teams this year (his career ODI average against stronger teams is around 22)

Sovik
December 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
why can't we go for three of them. mash could get 3 but for razzak getting 6 wickets will be much harder. and nafees could score century if we bat first in second innings.

zakirc
December 16, 2006, 12:17 AM
lol...obviously everyone would go for that option...so he probably wanted to figure which single achievement most of us would want if given a choice. i must say there are some difficult tradeoffs involved .. .

Very well put Asif Bhai. That is the exact reason I did not have "All of the Above" as a choice. Oita Election Engineering er porjaye chole jeto ........ :-D

zakirc
December 16, 2006, 12:42 AM
Looks like the forum is almost perfectly trisected with 6, 5 & 6 votes to the choices :D

kalpurush
December 16, 2006, 12:44 AM
The obvious one is Mashrafee's one!:-D

Sam
December 16, 2006, 01:20 AM
All of them, of course.
BTW, Razzak is ranked 12th in the ODI ranking. Congratulations to him.

Kabir
December 16, 2006, 01:26 AM
lol...obviously everyone would go for that option...so he probably wanted to figure which single achievement most of us would want if given a choice. i must say there are some difficult tradeoffs involved, and although a 50 for mashrafe looks tempting, for me, it would be razzak bagging a sixer to climb up to number two, so that we can have two bangladeshis topping the list.

Asif mama...that's the problem here. You could see through the fact that he zakirc wanted to know which one would we value the most. I couldn't see that argument...and I still can't see it. Coz in our current context, I would desparately want all these achievements equally.

Yeah, he did miss the most important option. It was "none of the above"

Nowadays we often see international cricket media and fans calculating various stats without taking matches against minnows into account. They don't do it without a reason. Thanks to those 18 matches against minnows Kenya and Zimbabwe in this year, Mashrafee improved his career ODI bowling average from near 40 to good looking 29. Shahriar Nafees averages 11.12 with 3 ducks in 8 ODIs played against stronger teams this year (his career ODI average against stronger teams is around 22)

Buddy...I understand that and I agree to it too. But here's two things you should realize. First, we should try to give the due credit to the people that perform well...regardless of what team they're playing. and second, we're not a strong enough team that we should judge ourselves according to their standard. We should judge ourselves according to our own standard. And honestly, I think our standard is still at the level of Zimbabwe's...if not Kenya's. So having our players perform in this standard is good enough for this achievement...having Mashrafee and SN achieve their s/r and avg through this is perfectly valid I think. When we get batter, I would consider your argument as valid at that time...kapish?

Protic
December 16, 2006, 05:08 AM
Well.. for wickets..let Razzak and Mash get 6 & 3.
And for a ton..I would say ..it will be awesome if Aftab gets one..I mean SN has proved himself against the third tier teams..we wish to see more of him in the WC..and he has enough positivity in himself.. Aftab,Ashraful or Sakib needs a big score..in the last ODI vs Scoootland.