PDA

View Full Version : Its a tigerwash !!

DeshPremik
December 17, 2006, 11:58 AM
From now on, if Bangladesh can whitewash any team in the world(it doesn't matter what team it is), we'll call it:

Its a tigerwash !!

kalpurush
December 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
Hou about Mashwash or Ashwash?

Rubu
December 17, 2006, 01:43 PM
so when is the next time we are playing minnows again? until then, the more likely word that we will be using is tigerwashed, that is tigers getting whitewashed. these wins aginst minnows will only give them a false sense of security before the world cup and I'm afriad we are waiting for another disaster in making.

looking at the fans, how they gets excited about rajjak getting wickets against in minnows in sub continental pitches, and how sn scoring runs (against who again?) and thinking they have reached a new level of improvement, i can see the same things are going on in tigers' mind as well. and wc is coming very close to burst the bubble.

sadhat
December 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
http://www.tiikoni.net/photo/zoo/kolmarden/2000/photo_tiger-fight-water.jpg
Do you mean this?
http://www.sfgate.com/n/pictures/2005/10/26/pepe5.jpg
Or this?
http://www.funnydog.net/images/wash-cat.jpg
How about cat-wash!
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/pic3825.jpg

zia
December 17, 2006, 02:01 PM
so when is the next time we are playing minnows again? until then, the more likely word that we will be using is tigerwashed, that is tigers getting whitewashed. these wins aginst minnows will only give them a false sense of security before the world cup and I'm afriad we are waiting for another disaster in making.

looking at the fans, how they gets excited about rajjak getting wickets against in minnows in sub continental pitches, and how sn scoring runs (against who again?) and thinking they have reached a new level of improvement, i can see the same things are going on in tigers' mind as well. and wc is coming very close to burst the bubble.

First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff! Secondly, yes all these recent wins were against teams below our ranking....but one should give Tigers the credit for beating them so convincingly. Not too long ago we had to bite our nails playing against these teams also. Please don't forget that. Yes, there are reasons for us to be cautious but not at the cost of doubting our successes. :flag:

Omio
December 17, 2006, 02:09 PM
how abt baswash(bamboo)...

Rubu
December 17, 2006, 02:12 PM
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff! Secondly Well, you can expect anything you want, from me from tigers and from whoever you want, the question is do I care about writing grammatically correct sentences? do tigers care about (or the ability to care) about fans expectation? the answer is, from my part, NO.

kalpurush
December 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.tiikoni.net/photo/zoo/kolmarden/2000/photo_tiger-fight-water.jpg
Do you mean this?
http://www.sfgate.com/n/pictures/2005/10/26/pepe5.jpg
Or this?
http://www.funnydog.net/images/wash-cat.jpg
How about cat-wash!
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/pic3825.jpg

Good one! I see you are an expert on tigerwash!! You might get a new job offer from India or Srilanke soon!!?!:-D

Kabir
December 17, 2006, 02:24 PM
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff!

And second of all, please check the tone of your language before you post something here. You are here to participate, not correct anyone's grammar. BC staff are chosen based on their merit, not their grammar.

To everyone else: sorry for the unrelated post.

AsifTheManRahman
December 17, 2006, 02:49 PM
the only thing that we really gained from this series is the knowledge that we are now the 9th best in the world by a fair margin. period.

while that is good, it was long overdue anyways, and i'm still waiting for a real tour to see how much actual progress, if any, that we've made over the last year or so. too bad the next real tour is the world cup.

about all these stats - it's good to see our players dominating the year with both bat and ball, which was expected given the strength of the opponents that we played most of the time. they've done their job, no more and no less. i congratulate them.

however, there are still major concerns regarding how brittle our batting back-bone is, and how our bowlers, especially the quickies, sway quite a bit in line and length every now and then. while they seemed to be getting away with most of it against zimbabwe, kenya and scotland, the same will not happen against stronger teams. any rubbish thrown at them will be duly disposed of.

Zunaid
December 17, 2006, 02:56 PM
And second of all, please check the tone of your language before you post something here. You are here to participate, not correct anyone's grammar. BC staff are chosen based on their merit, not their grammar.

Thanks, Kabir.

However, it is always good to remind people about the fundamentals of netiquette. While we all try (or at least should try) to use "proper" punctuations, grammar and spelling it is not incumbent upon us to do so. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the vast majority of participants and posters here are of Bangladeshi descent and that their first language is NOT English. And even if it weren't so, their English language skills are are just quite as good if not better than your usual English speaking denizens.

Of course, one of the most frowned upon breaches of netiquette is to use criticism of grammar as a crutch for thinking. This leads to some other etiquette rules:

Think before you speak
Try not to get banned

Cheers,
Dr Manners

green_cat
December 17, 2006, 05:16 PM
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff! :flag:

[Strong response removed: Mod]

akabir77
December 17, 2006, 05:33 PM
what the hell... Even Mr. bush can't speak english so Mr. zia go and tell him that...

zia
December 17, 2006, 10:02 PM
You can write in Bangla if you want. That will be most welcome! Why do we have the Bangla option then?:flag:

zia
December 17, 2006, 10:05 PM
what the hell... Even Mr. bush can't speak english so Mr. zia go and tell him that...

Please refrain from personal attacks as the Gurus have outlined above, buddy.

zia
December 17, 2006, 10:12 PM

How do you judge merit, if I may ask you sir?:flag:

Protic
December 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
Bangladesh has improved...these 'tigerwashes' arent totally USELESS as many think.
Remember the WC back in 03? We were quite certain that we'll loose against Kenya that time..but now if we go play Kenya we are 99.9% sure that we'll win.
What do you call that? "KENYA" being soft on us?
or Bangladesh improved?
I would say Bangladesh improved.
So yeah we .. as well as the players..can be really delighted to the fact of our improvement..and WAIT for the big teams..not just whine now that we are only beating the minnows recently.

Kabir
December 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
You can write in Bangla if you want. That will be most welcome! Why do we have the Bangla option then?:flag:

His writing in any condition is welcome by most BC members, staff, mods, and admins. It's his choice whether he writes in English or Bangla. He already has his options, so you may want to refrain from giving yours.

How do you judge merit, if I may ask you sir?:flag:

Yes you may, but I'm not obliged to answer this. However, I'll give you an important requirement. #1 criteria depends on how well you argue about the contents of a post, and not the person who posted. And if someone's language is not clear enough (which in his case was perfectly clear), then refrain from personal attacks.

For next time, PM me or the staff members for clerifications, and let this thread keep its focus.

cricketboy
December 17, 2006, 11:54 PM
His writing in any condition is welcome by most BC members, staff, mods, and admins. It's his choice whether he writes in English or Bangla. He already has his options, so you may want to refrain from giving yours.

Yes you may, but I'm not obliged to answer this. However, I'll give you an important requirement. #1 criteria depends on how well you argue about the contents of a post, and not the person who posted. And if someone's language is not clear enough (which in his case was perfectly clear), then refrain from personal attacks.

For next time, PM me or the staff members for clerifications, and let this thread keep its focus.

Nobody obliged you to answer anything he was just asking something and if you feel like answering then only answer, there is no need to answer in such arrogant language. But I agree grammer is not important here, its a cricket forum not a english language forum. :pIt was expected that we would tigerwash Scotland so it is nothing important. It will be a day to celebrate when we tigerwash a better opponent.

PoorFan
December 18, 2006, 12:02 AM
What is 'Tiger wash'?! winning one match in a series? ... I am in in that case.

zakirc
December 18, 2006, 01:10 AM

Mr. Kabir, do you think that is an appropriate tone to take to any BC member? Members are not BC staff's junior level employees. I thought members would be more close to customers, rather than employees. We see in Bangladesh all the time how large companies treat their customers and in discussions we give examples about how the western world treats customers. BC being a forum created and participated by a lot of Expats and Foreigners, I expected the BC Staff members to be more professional.

By the way ... I did not like Zia's posting either and not trying to defend him. But Zia is just one of several thousand members .... it hurts more to see the BC staffs response.:doh:

Ejaj
December 18, 2006, 01:42 AM
Somehow I dont like the word Whitewash or Tigerwash. It sounds very offensive. Specially., if it is used in the prizing giving ceremony. (The host Mr. Alfaz did use whitewash words several time in the prizegiving ceremony after 2nd ODI in BTV). Mr. Alfaz was pathetic as his employer BTV. This word should never be used on an official level. I wonder if Mr. Alfaz knows about it?.. Very Pathetic.

akabir77
December 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Somehow I dont like the word Whitewash or Tigerwash. It sounds very offensive. Specially., if it is used in the prizing giving ceremony. (The host Mr. Alfaz did use whitewash words several time in the prizegiving ceremony after 2nd ODI in BTV). Mr. Alfaz was pathetic as his employer BTV. This word should never be used on an official level. I wonder if Mr. Alfaz knows about it?.. Very Pathetic.
Is that true. Oi gdhata ghadha i roia galo...:timeout:

akabir77
December 18, 2006, 10:04 AM
Please refrain from personal attacks as the Gurus have outlined above, buddy.
That was not an attack that was a suggestion.:-D

Tokyobreeze
December 18, 2006, 10:20 AM
Ohh God!I started reading the thread with some bright mode and evantually ended up in a sad,bad trail where people are attacking and discussing about others rather than cricket.

I should better go away before someone attacks me (or it is inevitable as I have already written something?!)....

zia
December 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
To all cricket lovers of BC,
First of I said sorry in an earlier post and it looks like it was not good enough.If I have hurt any ones feelings, I am sorry. I am sorry for brining in non cricket related issue. Any way, I want to put an end to this for the sake of avoiding unpleasantness here. Thanks for all your attention!:flag:

BangladeshFan
December 18, 2006, 05:31 PM
ya its pathetic specially if host of the presentation ceremony used that term "whitewash" infront of both teams players. afterall what have we achieved? we are playing test cricket for 6 years and still there is a gulf in quality with the bigger teams. 270 in our backward and that too wth the aid of late hitting by mashrafi, our top order batsmen are simply too slow. only aftab seems to be driving our run rate if he gets out quickly, bd will struggle to put on 220 on board and that is against minnows.

someone said that not a long ago we were tense playing against these countries. well not a long ago zimbabwe had a team which was much stronger than current lot. put flower brothers, streak, taibu etc in there and try to imagine the result.

Fazal
December 18, 2006, 06:39 PM
"Think before you speak
Try not to get banned"

... therefore don't speak at all to elimenate any chance of getting banned.

Zunaid
December 18, 2006, 06:54 PM
"Think before you speak
Try not to get banned"

... therefore don't speak at all to elimenate any chance of getting banned.

Yaaay! Someone gets it :)

Ejaj
December 18, 2006, 09:58 PM
This is true Akbir. He did use "Whitewash" word in the official presentation. He probably didnt know that this wasnt an official word and will show a disrespectful manner to the Scots. Although, I must thank BTV for telecasting the match, but the quality was soo poor. The cameraman didnt know where the ball was going. Inexperience was too evident.

SMHasan
December 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
ভাইসব, এখানে হচ্ছেটা কি? দয়া করে শান্ত হোন। আসলে আমাদের পরস্পরের প্রতি শ্রদ্ধা আরো বাড়ানো উচিত বলে আমার মনে হয়। আমরা একে অপরকে শ্রদ্ধা করিনা বলেই এরকম অহেতুক মারামারি করি।

Omio
December 18, 2006, 10:24 PM
No more fight--http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1480000/images/_1483270_delayhoya300.jpg

shujan
December 18, 2006, 10:50 PM
Where is chinaman, the observer? Do they ever come around anymore? Coach McInnes.. what an awesome coach he was...

Rabz
December 19, 2006, 04:01 AM
haire bangalee...
koi rajrani...
ar koi chu*******

shuta ta shuru hoilo bagher gosol korano diya..
ar maramari choltase bekaron shomash niya...

koi je jai...bhari mushkil....

akabir77
December 19, 2006, 10:03 AM
This is true Akbir. He did use "Whitewash" word in the official presentation. He probably didnt know that this wasnt an official word and will show a disrespectful manner to the Scots. Although, I must thank BTV for telecasting the match, but the quality was soo poor. The cameraman didnt know where the ball was going. Inexperience was too evident.

U r location is saying Germany so i was wondering how could you watch the game or r u in vacation @ home? if the later lucky you.

I also wnder how come no one who knows cricket come across this idiots in any dawat or some thing. I mean if i saw this gadha's in any dawat i would go up to him and give him a piece of my mind. And i am sure there 1000 like me. So how come we never hear some body got to him and told him that he is an idiot!:p

Kabir
December 19, 2006, 10:50 AM
Yea, we could brand it as TigerWash. But I agree with Ejaj...such terms must not be used in official ceremonies...leaves the impression that we're really rude. I've heard many people saying that Bangladeshis are rude...no, we're not. We're just stupid, coz we try to use big words everywhere.

Ejaj
December 20, 2006, 12:15 AM
U r location is saying Germany so i was wondering how could you watch the game or r u in vacation @ home? if the later lucky you.

I also wnder how come no one who knows cricket come across this idiots in any dawat or some thing. I mean if i saw this gadha's in any dawat i would go up to him and give him a piece of my mind. And i am sure there 1000 like me. So how come we never hear some body got to him and told him that he is an idiot!:p

Well, I just came back to Bangladesh two months ago and came back for good. So. yea.. I am enjoying my Dhaka Life. Sorry about the location information. I shall soon be updating the location info in this forum.

Well, this kind of ppl are just so plain stupid, I belive, if I were you, I would have just ignored and laughed away from him. Because, even talking with him would be a simple waste of time. However, he and BTV atlest deserve a little thanks, as atleast we could watch the match in Dhaka.. no matter how pathetic (The cameraman failed focus the camera towards shots from the batsman atleast 90% of the time). However, someting never changes. and.. the BTV quality will never change about such. This is the reality. Just accept it. Infact, most of the TV personals ( not just from BTV, but also from other channels), hardly realize that this is a very disrespectful word and should not be used officially.

akabir77
December 20, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well, I just came back to Bangladesh two months ago and came back for good. So. yea.. I am enjoying my Dhaka Life. Sorry about the location information. I shall soon be updating the location info in this forum.

Well, this kind of ppl are just so plain stupid, I belive, if I were you, I would have just ignored and laughed away from him. Because, even talking with him would be a simple waste of time. However, he and BTV atlest deserve a little thanks, as atleast we could watch the match in Dhaka.. no matter how pathetic (The cameraman failed focus the camera towards shots from the batsman atleast 90% of the time). However, someting never changes. and.. the BTV quality will never change about such. This is the reality. Just accept it. Infact, most of the TV personals ( not just from BTV, but also from other channels), hardly realize that this is a very disrespectful word and should not be used officially.

Good to know you are back home. man I am jealous now that you can watch all the games...:p