PDA

View Full Version : Mehrab(jr) as ODI opener

cricketboy
December 17, 2006, 11:29 PM
It seems as though Bangladesh selctors had a lot of faith in Mehrab and wanted him to open the batting in the next world cup, so he was used against Scotland and Zims. But he seemed to have a tough time scoring runs freely against such ordinary teams than how will he score at a good rate against better teams? Do you guys think he is ready for World Cup? They should have used Forhad Reza as opener atleast in the last ODI.

shovon13
December 17, 2006, 11:35 PM
mehrab is a better choice than jo. i'd say its a toss up between mehrab and rajin. but rajin seems a bit out of form.

even if mehrab doesn't work out as a long term solution, we have a lot of openers fighting for this spot. namely - hannan, nafis, tamim (in a couple of years), nazmus sadat (sooner than tamim probably) et al.

Kabir
December 17, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yup he's slow, but there's no need yet. For the first time, BD team has maintained its consistancy in openers. I'm liking that change better than anything else. He should stay there until the WC, and then we can think of a change if needed. Plus, there's probably no more time to test anyone else, coz this is likely to be our last practice before WC (unless we go to Zimbabwe).

PoorFan
December 17, 2006, 11:42 PM
But he seemed to have a tough time scoring runs freely against such ordinary teams than how will he score at a good rate against better teams? Do you guys think he is ready for World Cup?
<!--StartFragment -->Tough question, but we need to see him more, before bringing another change for open.

cricketboy
December 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Tough question, but we need to see him more, before bringing another change for open.
Poorfan how will we see him against a good team before World CUp thats the probelm? BD doesnt play any quality team befor the WC. SO, 1 solution will be to use Forhad Reza or Nadif Choudhury as makeshift openers. WHat do you guys think?

PoorFan
December 18, 2006, 12:10 AM
Poorfan how will we see him against a good team before World CUp thats the probelm? BD doesnt play any quality team befor the WC. SO, 1 solution will be to use Forhad Reza or Nadif Choudhury as makeshift openers. WHat do you guys think?
<!--StartFragment -->By playing him in WC, that's what I meant.:) I was talking beyond WC.
As Kabir said, we don't have much time and chance to test someone else, and bring another change in open before WC.

zakirc
December 18, 2006, 12:53 AM

Why are we so Impatient? :mad::mad: After so many years, the team is working properly with the batters and bowlers delivering pretty consistently, the opening pair regularly providing a solid start, yet we want to change the team ahead of a major tournament??

Our team and players have suffered a lot from this over the years. We did not allow our players to develop as a team. So please, now that we are playing well as a unit, lets only hope all members of this team will be available to serve in WC 2007.:flag::flag:

From a different point of view, I actually like the idea of having a somewhat slow batter like Mehrab Jr. as SN's opening partner. This more so because we have more explosive players that can follow if SN fails in a match. Not only Aftab, when chasing 270+ innings against any opponent, we have players like Mashrafee & Rafiq who we can promote up the order and all these players have the ability to negate any slowness from Mehrab Jr. What Mehrab Jr. provides is some stability, although I would admit he has a lot to prove yet, but he has done better than many, so lets try to develop him as the solid opener rather than drop him and experiment with someone else.

roaring tigerz
December 18, 2006, 02:14 AM
The World Cup is really a non issue for us at this point. It is pretty much inevitable that our championship would last only 3 games. So any team building with the World Cup in mind is entirely pointless to me.
Mehrab hasn't mastered taking singles to ease the pressure off himself in ODIs. But he has by far the best technique among any openers we have had recently. It tells me that he just needs more games to be more productive. Moreover, although he has not scored that many, I am sure his role in the team is also to protect the middle order from the new ball. In this regard, he has succeeded so far. I have absolutely no doubt that Mehrab is the long term solution,maybe not for this world cup but for much beyond.

Thunder
December 18, 2006, 04:34 AM
There's one thing goes with Mehrab that he is very consistent and doesn't give away his wicket cheaply. Sometimes he looks like, he is playing his natural game but sometimes he just goes into a shell when the batsman on the other side scoring freely. I think the more exposure he gets against the bigger teams the better he will get. I beleive he has the same temparament and technique as Nafees but needs to be mature a bit!

sadi
December 18, 2006, 09:51 AM
We need to be more patient with Mehrab. He has the technique to play in the top level. All he needs is experience and with experience, he will learn how to rotate the strike and find the gap better. I have no intention to compare him with Dravid but if anyone remembers Dravid from the old days, he was always very solid but couldn't score freely for the same reason. He couldn't find the gap and rotate the strike. Lateron, he learned that and now Dravid is as good an ODI player as he is a test player. We need to give these young guys more time to mature and learn. Bringing new players or sending someone up the order wouldn't solve the problem.

Rubu
December 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
I still have faith in Jnr, but I think he is still not ready. And I don't think he will be ready for the world cup. but no, no JO. I'll keep both rajin and jnr in the squad, and depending on the form at the moment, I'll use one or the another.

kaisermatin
December 18, 2006, 08:34 PM
JO has more experience. Mehrab is still young and needs to build up. Rajin is not too good for ODI.

Bancan
December 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
wat. rajin is better then omar. i think we should keep both saleh and jnr in the team

AsifTheManRahman
December 18, 2006, 08:40 PM
well i'm a man who usually likes to give people a lot of chances, but having followed mehrab in 7 odi's, of which i've had the chance to watch a few, i've come to the conclusion that while the guy has a decent defense, he is simply too watchful. while it's true that most of our other batsmen haven't mastered the art of rotating the strike with ones and twos, at least they score off boundaries (and i admit this could get risky against big teams). however, ei beta to boundaryo mare na. khali thukay. i appreciate the fact that he's featured in some good opening partnerships, but with his overly defensive attitude, it won't be long before he starts getting out to stronger bowling line-ups cheaply.

i agree with rubu in that he isn't ready yet. i like the guy, but he has a long way to go. i don't really see him as a solution to our opener problem in the WC. the man that's most capable of bridging the gap in the country at the moment is probably rajin saleh, and i really hope he can regain his form off whatever cricket he plays in the next few months, so that we can have both him and mehrab on that plane to the west indies next year.

shujan
December 18, 2006, 10:45 PM
Asif Mehrab owe you a thank you dinner for giving him chances for 7 ODI!! OMG!

Omio
December 19, 2006, 08:34 AM
Lets see wht he will do on WC aganist big team..
then we can evaluate him properly..

Ahmed_B
December 19, 2006, 09:34 AM
Lets see wht he will do on WC aganist big team..
then we can evaluate him properly..
True.
Even if he is able to manage the same kind of resistance against Stronger Teams... with a lower strike rate and provide BD an opening stand of 60-70 on regular basis.. he is good enough for now. Rajin is another option we got.. but since he is out of touch for a while, it's not sure how he will do if broought back into the WC matches after such long break.

But if Mehrab Fails in big shows... Rajin is always there as backup.

akabir77
December 19, 2006, 09:50 AM
taking two openers will not work for mehrab. this position is tricky and he needs to concentrate not to think about the backup one when he goes out there. I think good or bad we need to try him the whole zimbo tour and WC. We r in this situation in the first place cause we tried too many players in short time.

Rubu
December 19, 2006, 09:57 AM
Umm...... WC is the target not a proving ground. We cannot wait to see how someone does in WC and go from there. We need to know how someone will do in WC. I think I have seen enough of Mehrab to say that he is not ready, and there is no way to make him ready for the WC. Mind it, he played against the worst bowling attacks in home conditions. And he did below per. Playing strong opponents in WC pitch is like expecting him to survive on the moon without equipments. we have no time for experiment there, and no time to groom someone. For WC we need someone who we already know throughly. After world cup, we can work on grooming and building and experimenting, but for now, I do not see any one option beside rajin.

Miraz
December 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
I kinda agree with Rubu. Playing much better oppositions in unknown condition seems to be too much for Mehrab. This boy has got decent defensive technique and better shot selection than Rajin/JO/NI (contender for the slot). Unfortunately he lacks the quality to play positive shots and find gaps in the field. I hope with time he will achive that quality.

Now, for WC I would prefer Mehrab if he can show some good knock (with better strike rate) in the doemstic one day league (Premier league ) and Zim away tour. I am also hoping to see some good fightback and consistency from JO and Rajin.

IMHO, I do feel, its going to be JO again in the world cup with some good knock in the domestic circuit. Mehrab failed to grab the opportunity to wipe out JO permanently from the ODI arena.

sadi
December 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
IMHO, I do feel, its going to be JO again in the world cup with some good knock in the domestic circuit. Mehrab failed to grab the opportunity to wipe out JO permanently from the ODI arena.

Oh plz no :hairpull:

Kabir
December 19, 2006, 11:32 AM
For WC we need someone who we already know throughly. After world cup, we can work on grooming and building and experimenting, but for now, I do not see any one option beside rajin.

Agree with you Rubu bhai. Although I think we can't try for any other player before the WC, we can go with ones that have been there and shown a bit of their skills. Rajin seems to be the choice here...and please, no more JO.

Shehwar
December 19, 2006, 11:44 AM
Im totally biased here...I want JO to play in this World Cup...Even if it is for a single match.....He shud have made the 99 World Cup squad and he definitely shud have been the obvious choice for the 03 World Cup......This guy really deserves to go out of international arena on a high note for he has been the gutsiest of all Bangladeshi players which makes up for his lack of skills....Hez a born fighter....btw I also think we shud continue with SN and Mehrab.....I think they jell well together...However I really wud love to see JO play just one match...May be against Bermuda....Surely that wont hurt us..The guy just scored 173 against the Zims day before yesterday.....He still has it in him..cherrs..

akabir77
December 19, 2006, 12:06 PM
Im totally biased here...I want JO to play in this World Cup...Even if it is for a single match.....He shud have made the 99 World Cup squad and he definitely shud have been the obvious choice for the 03 World Cup......This guy really deserves to go out of international arena on a high note for he has been the gutsiest of all Bangladeshi players which makes up for his lack of skills....Hez a born fighter....btw I also think we shud continue with SN and Mehrab.....I think they jell well together...However I really wud love to see JO play just one match...May be against Bermuda....Surely that wont hurt us..The guy just scored 173 against the Zims day before yesterday.....He still has it in him..cherrs..

AGree. He missed two WC becuase of politics. I think its time to give him some thing back that he deserves. But i got a feeling that he will miss this one two

Mav
December 19, 2006, 12:25 PM
Mehrab and shahriar will provide us more steady opening partnership than shahriar and JO in WC. Since Mehrab is slow -

* The opening partnership runrate may be low in WC, but Having a good opening partnership is better. Runrate can always go up later in the game, if u have wickets.

* JO is slow too and often fail to rotate strike.

* Shahriar & Mehrab has opened for Bangladesh A many times before, they have good understanding.

* There is more chance of not having a good opening partnership with JO, we have seen many examples.

*Mehrab & Shahriar should continue practicing as a opening pair at home with different clubs/Bangladesh A/president's 11 - so that they become more comfortable and get more understanding.

So, The choice for WC opening pair should be - only - Shahriar & Mehrab.

Ahmed_B
December 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
Now, for WC I would prefer Mehrab if he can show some good knock (with better strike rate) in the doemstic one day league (Premier league ) and Zim away tour.
Rite!
IMO... Mehrab will be under carefull observation in the ZIM Away tour.

TheWatcher
December 19, 2006, 02:24 PM
About the back up opener issue, I don't see much difference between JO and Rajin. Both have crapy footworks, both struggle to find gap in the field, and, obviously, both are slow scorers who may or may not see us through the openning overs. Rajin have better diffensive techniques, but I will give JO the edge for his experience.

Premier league should be the deciding factor between those two, whoever does good should be the one to be included.

shujan
December 19, 2006, 02:51 PM
I do not care what no good pondits talk about Mehrab. After Mehrab and Shahriar started to open Bangladesh batting has become stable. I have never seen bangladesh batting so matured. I am following Bangladesh cricket for 4 years. I am glad that selectors has more cricket knowledge then some Atel fans. Mehrab will be here for long time. Learn to live with it.

** Shuke thaekle bhute kilai bangalire

shamster
December 19, 2006, 03:16 PM
Too early give the guy some time. We are winning and he can bowl also he can only get better :)

Rubu
December 19, 2006, 03:21 PM
Too early give the guy some time. We are winning and he can bowl also he can only get better :)
Problem is right there. We do not have time before world cup, and we need to get a fixed pair for the WC. From then on, I have no problem playing Jr.

shujan
December 19, 2006, 03:27 PM
Problem is right there. We do not have time before world cup, and we need to get a fixed pair for the WC. From then on, I have no problem playing Jr.

What?! This is nonsense! he is part of 8 game winning streak. he should be playing as many game as possible before world cup as well. Unless you want to open for Bangladesh.

cricketboy
December 19, 2006, 04:47 PM
What?! This is nonsense! he is part of 8 game winning streak. he should be playing as many game as possible before world cup as well. Unless you want to open for Bangladesh.

8 game winning streak against the worst teams on home soil!!! I would opt for experienced players like Rajin and Omar for the World Cup but I have a feeling than Mehrab will atleast be part of the WC squad.

shujan
December 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
8 game winning streak against the worst teams on home soil!!! I would opt for experienced players like Rajin and Omar for the World Cup but I have a feeling than Mehrab will atleast be part of the WC squad.

worst team or good team, home soil or away soil it does not matter. No body handed over the win to Bangladesh like murir moa. They had to play for it. Credit is due to each and every one player in that team.

If something is not working, fix it.
If something is working, do not break it.

Rubu
December 19, 2006, 05:01 PM
worst team or good team home soil or away soil it does not matter....

those does not matter? really? why did we needed the test status then? if the team we are playing against does not matter, we could as well be playing against the associates now instead of big boys. if home soil and away soil does not matter, why did we win 6-0 at sub continent and 2-3 in their soil?

If you think those does not matter, I loose the appetite for argument.

Musfique
December 19, 2006, 05:03 PM
Mehrab junior is a wonderful talent, who has got a good technique and temperament. However I feel that, he has been brought in to the senior team far too early.

These young kids are the future, they need to be groomed properly by touring countries and playing against the A teams, and domestic cricket for a few years. This will show if they have the mental capability to score hundreds regularly against good opposition, they will learn to deal with difficult situations....So when they are in the national team and face such situations they will be think ''right I have been in this position before, how did I deal with it back then'......this is what you call learning.

In the case of Sakib, Mehrab, Farhad, Mushfiq, etc...They have been all been thrown to the wolves, none more so than Mushfiqur Rahim (<st1:country-region><st1>England</st1></st1:country-region>, and <st1:country-region><st1>Sri Lanka</st1></st1:country-region>), with no thought or rationale on the consequence of them failing. Look what has happened to Mushfiq, since the failure against Murali, his form has been wretched, and why do you think that is?
<o></o>
I have been reading some of your posts for over the last year or two, and I am saddened by the impatient shown by many. We the supporters need to have a mature attitude, and wait for the right time to see these youngsters play.
<o></o>
We should be pressuring the BCB, Cricket <st1:country-region><st1>Bangladesh</st1></st1:country-region> or BCCB whatever they call themselves nowadays, to improve the domestic cricket.
<o></o>
There are a lot of influential people who visit this site regularly, for example what has happened to Bankers Cup proposed by Macky Dudhia?

BangladeshFan
December 19, 2006, 05:06 PM

in the last WC india changed their opening pair during the tournament and tendu sehwag pair proved a success. actually batting or even bowling order can be changed depending on conditions. in 99 WC australia started with mcgrath as first change as the pitches were producing too much movement but then moved him back to opening and that was a key strategy for their success. in 92 WC Nz opened bowling with a spinner all on a sudden and that was a success also.

we should fix which 14 players to take into the team after that everything can be done "runtime". if we find mehrab too slow, move ash back to opening.

shujan
December 19, 2006, 08:02 PM
those does not matter? really? why did we needed the test status then? if the team we are playing against does not matter, we could as well be playing against the associates now instead of big boys. if home soil and away soil does not matter, why did we win 6-0 at sub continent and 2-3 in their soil?

If you think those does not matter, I loose the appetite for argument.

If a team can outperform a weak team with big margin then probability is there that the same team will be competitve against a stronger team.

Bangladesh has done the first part. They have outperformed the week team with very wide margin. Bangladesh has not done it before with any other combination of players. This combination has done it. There are so many factor you have to consider as the reason for this success. One possible reason is that players are bonding and playing as a team.

During McInnes coaching era he explained in banglacricket in detail how he is preparing players to play situational cricket. Shareer, Aftab, Mehrab, Enam knows those skills. These new team have proven that they can implement against team like Zimbo, Kaneya and scotland. Can they repeat it against India and Sri-Lanka that remain to be seen. We have to give them enough opportunity to grow and develop those understanding and grow as a team.

Bangladesh has shuffled players since the beginning of time. This is the first set which got the desired result right 3 months before world cup.

Do you want to experiment with it further or let this set solidify?

BD Tigers
December 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
Bangalees..Bangalees...????

This is the first time we got an openning pair who are making run consistently and now people want to bring Rajin or JO back. Yes Mehrab hasn't played against stronger side yet but did Nafees played before he faced Australia for the first time? So let the guy play and chill...

AsifTheManRahman
December 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
bringing JO back is not even an option. much as i respect the guy, the world cup isn't a picnic and there's no place for emotion over the good of the team.

layperson
December 20, 2006, 01:17 AM
We are going to the WC to essentially play three ODI's. Hence we have absolutely no scope to experiment in the WC. Mehrab AFAIC is not suitable for ODI"S yet. Yes he is part of a team that has a 8 game winning streak but was his contribution in those 8 games that vital ? On the contrary imagine a typical slow innings from Mehrab against either sri lanka or india in the WC. It would put pressure on the other batsman to play at a faster rate if we want to post a good target or even chase one ( since we can safely presume IN or SL probably will score > 240). More pressure in addition to playing in a WC match equals disaster for out team. We need someone who can bat at a relatively fast pace. If you people did not notice already SN is a slow player as well. If you looked at his hundreds he paced them beautifully and anchored the innings. We dont neeed two of such players opening. You need one player who can carry the bat through and play watchfully while the other one needs to be a bit more aggressive. Neither JO nor RS is an option for us now. I am disappointed that neither Nadif nor Nazmus was tried out against Scotland to see what they have to offer. Now I do not know how or on what basis we can choose either of them before the WC since we do not have enough games before that. The only light is the ZIM tour where we must try out one of them.Mehrab is not for ODI's at the moment. A definite no no. Just because we won doesnt mean you condone the mistakes or not try to better the team composition !!!! That is just absurd logic.

Rihaad The Man
December 20, 2006, 02:35 AM
Nice one guys . Why thinking too much ?

Just Bring "Tamim Iqbal" for openning yeah :) ...........

Murad
December 20, 2006, 02:36 AM
i think they will be using him.. till the world cup... i dont think gonna experiment with another opener... BCB sucks... their think-tanks also sucks.. shala ra khali taka khai..boshe boshe.. ar boro boro building banai..cricket er taka diye.. kintu kaajer belaii kichuii naa..

zakirc
December 20, 2006, 03:41 AM
** Shuke thaekle bhute kilai bangalire

:):):-D:-D Well said Shujan Bhai.

zakirc
December 20, 2006, 03:44 AM
if we find mehrab too slow, move ash back to opening.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!! Not Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thasan
December 20, 2006, 04:32 AM

this is the first time we are getting a consistent opening partnership.
i think its better to keep it as it is. theres no point to go back to same mess again just before the WC

akabir77
December 20, 2006, 10:55 AM
chck his score in 20/20. I think he made 52. so he can hit which was told by the selectors few times. so just let him play. he will come good. I think technique wise he is better than SN. just need the confidence level to go up. and that will come by playing more.

pagol-chagol
December 20, 2006, 11:40 AM
chck his score in 20/20. I think he made 52.

Thanks. Didn't notice that.

Fazal
December 20, 2006, 12:20 PM
chck his score in 20/20. I think he made 52. so he can hit which was told by the selectors few times.

I suspect in ODI Mehrab is doing exactly what he is asked to do by the coach, captain and the brain trust. May be he is over doing it a little bit. As far as I remember, for the other two previous openers ( Javed, Ashraful) they wnated exactly the same, that is to keep the wicket for 15-20 overs. And both kind of failed. Still the brain-trust's main concern is to avoid batting collupse at the begining of the innings.

So my guess is selectors are happy which Mehrab and his slow run rate as he is following their instruction.

Personally I would like him to maintain RR atleast 60+ not 40+.

Kabir
December 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
I suspect in ODI Mehrab is doing exactly what he is asked to do by the coach, captain and the brain trust. May be he is over doing it a little bit. As far as I remember, for the other two previous openers ( Javed, Ashraful) they wnated exactly the same, that is to keep the wicket for 15-20 overs. And both kind of failed. Still the brain-trust's main concern is to avoid batting collupse at the begining of the innings.

Agreed. But the problem is, the fans want EVERYTHING at one shot. They want BOTH holding the wicket, AND keeping a good scoring rate. Nobody will ever be happy.

pagol-chagol
December 20, 2006, 12:54 PM

So my guess is selectors are happy which Mehrab and his slow run rate as he is following their instruction.

Yep. They want to save the middle order whackers from the first spells of the fastest bowlers. With so many whackers they think the run rate will take care of itself if the wickets are intact. I don't remember a game where run rates ever became a problem, when we had wickets left - even against top teams.

akabir77
December 20, 2006, 01:53 PM

Agree and I just said some what the same thing in another thread...

real123
December 20, 2006, 01:58 PM
completely agree with shahriyar. I was disappointed that Meharb played all the matches at the same slow style- first 1/2 games were okay but in ODI it is not acceptable. JO or RS is even worse. One possibility to bring back Nafis Iqbal and try him agiants Zimbos in Feb. Otherwise I do not see any other options.

layperson
December 20, 2006, 07:43 PM
I hate to burst people's bubble about Mehrab Jnr but I am pretty sure the Mehrab that scored 52 is Mehrab hossain Opee the former national player who plays for Old DOHS now. Moreover in the news they always always write the new Mehrab's name as Mehrab Jnr and the title Jnr was missing from the report. Logical conclusion would follow that it has to be Opee.

sadi
December 20, 2006, 08:47 PM
I hate to burst people's bubble about Mehrab Jnr but I am pretty sure the Mehrab that scored 52 is Mehrab hossain Opee the former national player who plays for Old DOHS now. Moreover in the news they always always write the new Mehrab's name as Mehrab Jnr and the title Jnr was missing from the report. Logical conclusion would follow that it has to be Opee.

No I am pretty sure its Mehrab jr. :-D From the other thread which has a list of all the national team players. Since our Opee bhaia has gone missing since the last season, our reporters has decided to give our young Mehrab a break from his jr title and gave him a senior title. ;)

Old DOHS: Akram Khan, Khaled Mahmud, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hussain, Mehrab jr, Nadif Chaudhury, Ehsanul Haque, Enamul jr, Tamim Iqbal.

pagol-chagol
December 20, 2006, 11:10 PM

At least, you didn't say he scored the 52 runs in 90 balls. Phew. That would leave 30 balls for everyone else.

shujan
December 20, 2006, 11:51 PM
No I am pretty sure its Mehrab jr. :-D From the other thread which has a list of all the national team players. Since our Opee bhaia has gone missing since the last season, our reporters has decided to give our young Mehrab a break from his jr title and gave him a senior title. ;)

Sadi I thought you are Shahreer's good body and you turned him in like that!:eek:

zakirc
December 20, 2006, 11:59 PM
I wonder what Hassan, Aziz & Zakaria would think in this topic ...... Any ideas ? :) :p

thasan
December 21, 2006, 05:35 AM

as far as i remember, he scored 52 off 52 balls. and he is indeed our jnr mehrab. :-D

sadi
December 21, 2006, 10:45 AM
Sadi I thought you are Shahreer's good body and you turned him in like that!:eek:

A friend in need is a friend indeed!!! Real friend always help you out when you are wrong and need help. ;)

Zobair
December 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
He cuts too close to his body...otherwise he will make a fine opener.

layperson
December 21, 2006, 03:02 PM
Ok My bad. However I still stick to my previous opinion regarding Mehrab jnr for ODI's. It is one thing to keep your wicket intact and it's another thing to have a strike rate of 50. He needs to be able to develop taking singles regularly to warrant a place in the ODI's AFAIC. His innings at the top would only put pressure on the other batsmen. Add to that SN who is also a watchful player and we will have the slowest of starts every time.

I cant believe my good body sadi turned me in like that !!!!!!!! Shoojon bhai tell tell what to do now. I come come here seek support of good body sadi only to get turned in.:(.

Sadi bhai thank you for being a friend indeed.:)

Warlock
December 24, 2006, 09:22 AM
Mehrab is doing fine. At least he is scoring runs and most importantly giving the team a solid start EVERY SINGLE TIME! I think thats a BIG achievement for any opener in the BD team. After so many years finally I am seeing our opening batsmen scoring some runs and I don't have to be in a constant-panic state anymore every time BD openers go to start the innings. I am happy to see this new generation of players, Mehrab and particularly Saqib, putting a higher price for their wickets (Ash, are you listening?!) and also digging in to score runs whenver it is necessary. I think the young-cricketer grooming system is doing a good job and they deserve our praise.

pagol-chagol
December 24, 2006, 12:21 PM
After so many years finally I am seeing our opening batsmen scoring some runs and I don't have to be in a constant-panic state anymore every time BD openers go to start the innings.

Ow Panic Attack. What panic attack? Don't you know people have short memories. Its even shorter for sugar guzzling rice eaters.

nannu
December 25, 2006, 08:49 AM

nfarhad is not a bad idea, by this way we can play ash and sakib both.

nannu