PDA

View Full Version : The Next Best Spin, Pace and Batting Rivalries

Andy-Flower
December 21, 2006, 03:09 AM
With all these retirements going down the cricket community {Martyn, Boje, Warne..most likely McGrath is next in line}. Just thought i would put this up to the Tigers, because given the fact that we might loose a couple more stars soon after the world cup{Lara has already said he would retire} - who will fill in these guys spots. For a long time there has been arguments as to who is better between Mura&Warne , McGrath was on a legue of his own, Lee&Akthar{quicks}, Lara&Tendulka

in these categories fill in the most likely rivalries...here is mine ;)

Spin
Kaneria & Harbajan

Pace
Bond & Stewart Clarke

quick bowlers
Dale Steyn & Malinga

Batsmen
Pieterson & Yousuf...........;)

sislam2
December 21, 2006, 01:08 PM
spin
murali without any question

akabir77
December 21, 2006, 01:18 PM
Leftly spin:
Razzak or Utseya?

My vote is for razzak now.

BangladeshFan
December 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
after 5-6 years bangladesh will have several of their batsman in top league. aftab, shahriar and ashraful(hopefully) will be the scourge of bowlers around the world. there are not many 21-22 year olds around the world who are as good as them.

i would like to see malinga vs aftab. malinga is a dangerous bowler, preety quick and his action make him even more dangerous. but if aftab gets going...... watchout mr. malinga

also murali vs ashraful. somehow if ash can realize his potential he can make even that master spinner lose his wits. atleast i hope so in future.

James90
December 22, 2006, 08:55 PM
To be fair, bowler's generally don't have rivalries with other bowlers. They are too busy targetting batsman.

But of those I agree with Harbhajan and Kaneria. Bond and Lee would be more appropriate. Maybe even Michael Clarke and Pietersen.

thebest
December 23, 2006, 09:03 PM
James is right. It is Batsman vs Bowlers.
We are fortunate to see McGrath - Lara, Murali - Lara, Tendu - Warne rivallary.
The nxt may be KP - Asif, Gayle - Clarke
By the way, I do consider Kanaria is the most overrated bowler after Sami. Harbazan's rival might be Monty. I m really impressed. Similarly Malinga - Clarke would be fascinating. But in my heart I want Aftab - Malinga, KP - Rajjak become top draw.

rah
December 28, 2006, 08:38 AM
monty's rivalry is going to be with our own enamul haque

Tigers_eye
December 29, 2006, 11:07 AM
Murali will have no rivalry with anyone in the next 5 years. Not only he will surpass Warne but he will cross 800 with ease. Mind boggling. 40+ a year in next five will put him close to 900.

Among those who may try to challenge would be vettori, Mcgill.

Ntini and Asif. I like Tait and Shahadat. Sresanth is someone we need to watch who may mount a challenge. Unless he follows zaheer, pathan and so many other indian bowlers.

Ponting and Hussey. Batting supremacy torch will eventually be handed down to Sangakkara via yousuf.

gatekeeper
January 5, 2007, 01:40 AM
monty's rivalry is going to be with our own enamul haque

I personally think Monty's overrated and Enamul is a far better prospect.The only reason he's getting so much press is because he palys for England and of Indian origin. two coutries that control the cricket media.

mhferdaus
January 5, 2007, 03:01 AM
Taylor vs Mashrafee :D lol.

Imteaz
February 6, 2007, 10:49 PM
Well, In an English Cricket Forum, English Fan Compare

:hairpull: Kevin Petersen Vs Don Bradman:hairpull:

What do You Think Guys?:)