PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Memory of Bangladesh Cricket: Pick your choice

Miraz
December 21, 2006, 10:11 AM
Pick your best and worst memory involving Bangladesh Cricket Team for the year 2006.

Here's my one.

1. Best memory : Taking first innings lead of 158 against mighty aussies in the first test at Fatullah.

2. Worst memory : Loosing first test against Australia despite taking 158 runs lead due to second innings debacle.

What's your pick?

I'll request everyone to pick just one for each category.

SMHasan
December 21, 2006, 10:18 AM
Best memory is same as you but as the worst memory I would say the series loss against the Zombies. Simply we could not afford to loose to that 3rd string team. At the same time loss against the Aussies was really a hurting one but surely it was tolerable despite the chance of winning.

Spitfire_x86
December 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
1. BD vs Aus 1st Test
2. BD vs Aus 1st Test (3rd away ODI against Zimbo is close 2nd)

gatekeeper
December 21, 2006, 10:34 AM
1. BD vs Aus 1st Test

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

Yameen
December 21, 2006, 10:34 AM
best memory was beating australia in one dayer at cardiff 2005
worst memory was our dreadful performance at WC2003 especially with the losses to canada n kenya

SMHasan
December 21, 2006, 10:43 AM
best memory was beating australia in one dayer at cardiff 2005
worst memory was our dreadful performance at WC2003 especially with the losses to canada n kenya

You still in 2005 bro?

rah
December 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
best memory;
warne feilds a weak shoulder with figures of o for 112

worst memory;
losing to west indies by ten wickets in the ct

cricket_dorshok
December 21, 2006, 11:04 AM
best memory;
warne feilds a weak shoulder with figures of o for 112

Yes, it is best memory to me too.
the worst one 1st test against aus. we had every chance to win.

israr
December 21, 2006, 11:07 AM
Best: Aftab's winning knock against Sri Lanka
Worst: Mashrafee's dropped catch of Ponting in Fatullah test

Kabir
December 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
Best: Nafees's two consequetive unbeaten hundreds
Worst: Gillespie's (not sure if I'm spelling right) unbeaten double hundred against us!

pagol-chagol
December 21, 2006, 12:30 PM
Pick your best and worst memory involving Bangladesh Cricket Team for the year 2006.

Here's my one.

1. Best memory : Taking first innings lead of 158 against mighty aussies in the first test at Fatullah.

2. Worst memory : Loosing first test against Australia despite taking 158 runs lead due to second innings debacle.

What's your pick?

Fun topic. Thanks. I agree with both of your choices. The loss to Australia could have turned into the upset of the century, if we had won. If Robin Williams granted me one sporting wish in life, I would have asked for that one.

sislam2
December 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
Best i don't know
Worst defintely Gilliespie

TheWatcher
December 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
Best Memory: Taking 150+ runs first innings lead against Australia in the Fatullah Test

Worst Memory: Losing that Test

AsifTheManRahman
December 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
Best: Same as TheWatcher. Worst: Mashrafe dropping Ponting. Second worst: Mashrafe bowling a full toss on the last ball of the 3rd (or was it the 2nd?) odi against zim in zim.

Boy, Mashrafe's sure lost us a few matches, hasn't he? :D

Omio
December 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
Best memory-
Bangladesh aganist Holland at icc trophy 1997 where Akram khan played an important innings after losing 4 earlier wicket, i can remember I was almost crying after that match..

Worst memory- Multan test..I think everybody knows abt that..

Omio
December 21, 2006, 05:20 PM
ohh sorry , it was only for 2006..
sry for offtopic..

Omio
December 21, 2006, 05:21 PM
ohh sorry , it was only for 2006..
sry for offtopic..

TheWatcher
December 21, 2006, 07:03 PM
About the Gillespie's double century- it will taunt us for a long time.

BCB should do something about the Chittagong divisional stadium wickets, or stop scheduling Test matches there- wickets over there are just too flat.

billah
December 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
Anything and everything that happened in the matches against Kenya, Zimbabwe and the likes, do not count, for Best or Worst.

Best: 355/5 against the Aussies, T1D1

Best: Shahadat, firing for Ponting's head, in the 5th day, not giving even an inch. Fighting and fighting 'til the last ball & enjoying it too. A true tiger with a big heart.

Worst: Bashar, giving up the fight after only the third day, saying, "they took the match away from us ! Then running like Boycott's mother, resulting in a runout, the real turning point of the Test match.

Worst: The Aussie team, showing worst and the unthinkable behavior, in the first test, verbally and PHYSICALLY assaulting the umpire in the field, facing possible defeat. They wrote the book on the worst possible, unsportsmen like behavior in the first test against us. Went unpunished. A travesty. In the least, spineless Aleem Dar should have brough a charge with the police of physical battery.

Farhad
December 21, 2006, 08:18 PM
The Aussie team, showing worst and the unthinkable behavior, in the first test, verbally and PHYSICALLY assaulting the umpire in the field, facing possible defeat. They wrote the book on the worst possible, unsportsmen like behavior in the first test against us. Went unpunished. A travesty. In the least, spineless Aleem Dar should have brough a charge with the police of physical battery.

Are you serious? I actually thought of that as one of the best moments of 2006....Showed how bad the situation was.....I LOVED IT....The world saw it, and thats all that matters (for me):D

billah
December 21, 2006, 08:46 PM
I am serious.

cricman
December 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
Boy, Mashrafe's sure lost us a few matches, hasn't he? :D

Best: Australia down 93/6
Worst: Mash dropping Pointing

Tokyobreeze
December 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
Best: 355/5 on the first day of First Test against Full-strength Austrilia.That just changed my day.

Worst: That horrible memory of Taylor hitting 6 in the last ball of Mashrafi's over.That changed my night, by taking away sleep though.

PoorFan
December 21, 2006, 09:09 PM

Here's my one.

What's your pick?

<!--StartFragment -->Uhh ... don't bring this up again, it was like we lost the whole world from our grip, still hard to digest.:hairpull:

bengaltiger
December 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
just by looking at the title i thought of the 1st test against australia...so close, yet so far

pagol-chagol
December 21, 2006, 09:31 PM
Where do I find dvd of that game? full or highlights.

SMHasan
December 21, 2006, 10:03 PM
Don't know why everyone is talking about the loss against Australia but very few people mentioned about the loss against Zimbabwe in their home soil. To me it was the worst part. Simply it was pathetic. In that series we showed how fragile our batting lineup is and how much improvement we need in the bowling department.

tas
December 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
Best: Gaining so much respect against Australia at Fatullah

Worst: Losing it all in Chittagong when Dizzy scored a double ton

pagol-chagol
December 22, 2006, 07:21 PM
Don't know why everyone is talking about the loss against Australia but very few people mentioned about the loss against Zimbabwe in their home soil. To me it was the worst part. Simply it was pathetic. In that series we showed how fragile our batting lineup is and how much improvement we need in the bowling department.

Q1. Would you remember loss to Zimbabwe 10 years later? :doh: Q2. Would you forget it if we had won against Austalia 30 years later? :doh: You got your answer.

Hatebreed
December 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
Best:

Our maiden victory against Sri Lanka

2nd best, first 2 days of 1st test against mighty Aussies.

Worst:

I'd say it's our 1st test loss to Aus, because we were so close to victory, and it's chance we may not have in years.

2nd worst is Gillespie's double ton, which to say the least was an utter embarassment.

3rd worst is our series loss to Zimbos, though I'm feeling a lot better since extracted revenge with 6-0 consecutive Zombie thrashing and hopefully more to come.

James90
December 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
Best: Rafique and Nafees' performances at Fatullah against Australia

Worst: Gillespie's double ton was the most embarrassing moment in cricket history for mine. The ODI against Zimbabwe where Mashrafe bowled the last over was pretty shocking too.

SMHasan
December 22, 2006, 09:52 PM
Q1. Would you remember loss to Zimbabwe 10 years later? :doh: Q2. Would you forget it if we had won against Austalia 30 years later? :doh: You got your answer.

We put our best effort to beat the Aussies no matter what the result was. I don't care because we did fight. After such a fight there should not be any regret at all but the series against Zimbabwe was the worst to me because there was no hero or player like Ponting (you might say Taylor was there for Zimbabwe but pls dont' say this) who won those matches for Zimbabwe. We simply showed some fragile characteristics and lost the series.

I would not mind loosing against a full strength Australia rather than loosing against a 3rd string Zimbabwian team. It's simply pathetic. I like consistent performance than a surprise win which follows a disasterous series.

bdbazar_com
December 22, 2006, 10:57 PM
1. BD vs Aus 1st Test

same here

battye
December 23, 2006, 03:34 AM
I'm quite surprised that more people didn't have their worst as the Mashrafee to Taylor 6. :o

Mahir
December 23, 2006, 05:30 AM
Best memory of 2006 :

1st Test of the series against Australia at Fatullah, right from winning the Toss till Tea of Day 3, with the Tigers taking a 1st innings lead of 158 and then scoring 41 in 8 overs to start their 2nd innings, until Nafees fell soon after. It was quite an emotional ride for 2-n-half days!

Worst memory of 2006 :

Bangladesh ending up losing that Test.

SMHasan
December 23, 2006, 11:29 AM
I'm quite surprised that more people didn't have their worst as the Mashrafee to Taylor 6. :o

Go up and read my posts.

Sovik
December 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
best
winning against sri lanka

worst
gellispie scoring double century

BD Tigers
December 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
Best:
Best bowler in cricket history, Mr. Warne, going off the field because of shoulder pain (or was it SN's dabrani) and giving 112 runs in 20 overs w/o success. This is the worst performance by Warne in his test life. AND I LOVED IT!!!!

Worst:
Taylor hitting 6 against Mashree. I was in a diff world after that.

sar2005
December 25, 2006, 07:47 AM
Very interesting thread, specially when 2006 is going away for ever. I would also like to ask everyone to predict for 2007 as well. This would be more fun :)

Best: Agree with many of you that it got to be our 1st home test against mighty AUS
Worst: Mashrafi giving away 17 runs in last over and thus losing the match against ZIM in last ball of the match (of course, by the heroic of Taylor).

Prediction 2007:
Best: Beating 2 more test nation (WI and ENG, not sure though when we will play them) in ODI and first test serries draw in India ;).
Worst: A serries lose against ZIM again (if it happens at all).

WarWolf
July 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
Please share about the best and the worst moments you had as bangladeshi cricket fan in this thread.

The best moment for me is the moment when we thrashed India in this world cup. I remember that moment silently, once in a while, whenever I get too upset about our cricket.

And the worst moment?:timeout::hairpull:
Probably the moment when Vaas got his hat-trick against us in the WC 2003.

Mods, if there is any similar thread then please delete this one. Thanks.

Miraz
July 9, 2007, 08:24 AM
For some of the memories you can visit a pretty similar thread.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/bc-gel/misc/subscribed.gif Best and Worst Memory of Bangladesh Cricket in 2006 : Pick your choice (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18271&highlight=worst+moment)

WarWolf
July 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
For some of the memories you can visit a pretty similar thread.
Best and Worst Memory of Bangladesh Cricket in 2006 : Pick your choice (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18271&highlight=worst+moment)
Thanks Miraz bhai.

Tigers_eye
July 9, 2007, 09:46 AM
Best memory: Beating India in WC soundly. Terrific batting, bowling and fielding.
Worst memory: Losing to SL in WC 2003. The way we played we lost the match in the first over. At least with Canada or Ireland we had hope. That was like taking food away from Kabir before he could even smell it.

Miraz
July 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
That was like taking food away from Kabir before he could even smell it.

Terrific analogy. :floor:

Baundule
July 9, 2007, 10:28 AM
In 2007, the best is the win against India.

And the worst? kake rekhe kake dhori! Loss against Ireland.

mali007
July 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
In 2007, the best is the win against India.

And the worst? kake rekhe kake dhori! Loss against Ireland.
For 2007 , same as yours.

Nafis_BD
July 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
For 2007 , same as yours.

Same as yours and baundele bhaiya's!!!

Akib
July 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
Best: Cardiff, beating Australia :D First match i actually watched (rather than using cricinfo).

Worst: Losing to Ireland..... :(

Sohel
July 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
Best 5:

1. First innings lead against the Aussies in Fatullah.
2. First innings in the inaugural test against India.
3. Smelling victory against Pakistan before Inzy and Gul bailed them out.
4. Smelling victory against WI in St. Lucia.
5. ODI victories against Australia, and WC07 and WC99 wins against South Africa, India and Pakistan in that order.

Worst 5:

1. ODI losses to Canada, Ireland and England during WC03 and 07.
2. Losing the first ODI to India during their recent tour of Bangladesh.
3. Losing Multan.
4. Not responding positively to Dravid's sporting declaration, despite the almost inevitable draw, in the first test against India during the recent tour.
5. Losing Fatullah.

ialbd
July 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
the 62 runs innings surfaced as one of the worst ones......

Sovik
July 9, 2007, 01:21 PM
Best Memory
making warne leave the field after bowling a wicketless spell
Worst Memory
Brendan taylor hitting six off the last ball of the match

Dhruvo
July 9, 2007, 04:08 PM
Best memory of bangladesh cricket :- the win over india ,I loved it ,I hate those indians these guys always criticise bangladesh cricket especially that navjot sidhu guy.
Worst memory of bangladesh cricket:- the day when shahriar nafees lost his exellent form against scotland he did only 24 and I was in that match

sandpiper
July 9, 2007, 04:12 PM
best moment: Cardiff and Trinidad triumph
worst moment: Barbados debacle (to Irish)

al Furqaan
July 9, 2007, 04:14 PM
best moment: trinidad, cardiff
worst moment: T1,I1 vs India @ Mirpur.

Tokyobreeze
July 9, 2007, 08:46 PM
Best in 2007:

Win against India in ODI. Team lived to the expectation and passion of fans to full extent.

Worst in 2007:

62 in 1st Innings of the 2nd Test against SL. What hurts me more is - we could only stay in the middle for just 25 overs. Lousy one session is enough to demolish or batting! :-(

Buddhika_s
July 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
as an outsider,

Best is BD vs Aus test match

Worse is BD vs Ireland (dont' ask my why)

One World
July 9, 2007, 11:42 PM
Too many moments in both. But again Beating India was the best and current test performance can be the worst.

karimjay.
July 10, 2007, 12:34 AM
BEST: Aftabs yelp when he ran the final run to beat Australia in Cardiff

WORST: Losing to Ireland.

Sohel
July 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
Best Memory
making warne leave the field after bowling a wicketless spell
Worst Memory
Brendan taylor hitting six off the last ball of the match

Talk about ecstacy and agony ...