PDA

View Full Version : Murali's Doosra need to be reassesed

sislam2
December 21, 2006, 07:27 PM
NZ's last defeat against srilanka only gave them more excuses to look for. Not in their bowling, batting or fielding department, surprisingly on SRILANKA's capability. And guess who is in the firing line. It's the handicap boy, MURALI. According to the following article NZ thinks his DOOSRA needs to be reassesed, since he is using more and more. However, to ask your own batsman, what they have done where two srilankan batsman have made centuries in the test. May be Crowe is right about MURALI, may be he is not. But, i don't remember an article about how irresponsible NZ batsmen were. The blame comes back to the spinner who again produces a match winning spell.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvsl/content/current/story/273536.html

bechara MURALI, napare shoite na pare kisu koite

istiak
December 22, 2006, 04:30 AM
Personally i like his bowling but one have to admit he got some problem in his DOODRA.

sunny747
December 22, 2006, 04:58 AM
He is a great bowler.....aussie and kiwis are always behind him when he humaliates by taking 10 wkts or so........shame shame!!

Kabir
December 22, 2006, 09:54 AM
bechara MURALI, napare shoite na pare kisu koite

And in the case of Aussies and Kiwis, ora na pare kisu shoite, kintu paare khali koite...a bunch of big mouths.

sadi
December 22, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hmmm.... the kiwis should start complaining about how Malinga bowls and its not very traditional... also they should ask ICC to check what Sangakara and Silva are using in their bats since they can't stop scoring runs... something must be wrong... How can NZ lose a test match against SL in NZ? hmmmm.... maybe they just suck

sislam2
December 22, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hmmm.... the kiwis should start complaining about how Malinga bowls and its not very traditional... also they should ask ICC to check what Sangakara and Silva are using in their bats since they can't stop scoring runs... something must be wrong... How can NZ lose a test match against SL in NZ? hmmmm.... maybe they just suck

i hear you man,
But no there is no talk how badly they suck, it's always something else.

Alien
December 22, 2006, 07:24 PM

And check Warne what he uses in his finger to get the ball spinning.

Check how Lee bowls so fast but doesn't end up in hospital as often as Shoaib Akhtar.

And check whether McGrath uses fortune telling before bowling those accurate deliveries.

Hatebreed
December 22, 2006, 07:36 PM
Perhaps NZ, being Aussies' cousins are worried that Murali will surpass Fatboy's record pretty soon.

IanW
December 22, 2006, 08:52 PM
Perhaps NZ, being Aussies' cousins are worried that Murali will surpass Fatboy's record pretty soon.

Hatebreed,

If you really think NZ would do *anything* to make an Australian cricketers record look better, then you really need to find out more about Australia and New Zealands cricket history.

I's start with a certain T Chappell.

Ian Whitchurch

Bancan
December 22, 2006, 09:58 PM
hello underarm bowling ppl

Hatebreed
December 22, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hatebreed,

If you really think NZ would do *anything* to make an Australian cricketers record look better, then you really need to find out more about Australia and New Zealands cricket history.

I's start with a certain T Chappell.

Ian Whitchurch

Murali is a one-man army, he has been subjected to similar scrutiny by Aussies, so it comes as no surprise that after repeated thrashing NZ jumped the bandwagon, for whatever reason. I meant cousins in the context of neighbouring countries, like America and Canada. While neither countries may fully be friendly between their internal rivalry, it's always possible they can work together *against others* to serve own interests.

sislam2
December 22, 2006, 11:48 PM

He will break it with or without Doosra.

thebest
December 23, 2006, 08:56 PM
Perhaps Crowe's head needed to be reassessed. After few monthes it stop functioning

BangladeshFan
December 24, 2006, 07:07 AM
if a bowler is chucking occasionally, he is not going to be caught in those tests because he will bowling only the legal ones that time. it should be decided by the onfield umpire but it is difficult to do because umpire has look down so that bowler is not over stepping at the same time.

i think the best way would be if there is suspicion that the bowler is chucking, the 3rd umpire with the benefit of replays infront of him can immediately warn the onfield umpires. if the onfield umpires then think that the bowler is chucking instead of calling no balls(which may cause a furore) they can just give one warning. that will probably make the bowler bowl legal. if he still continues, umpire can give 2nd warning and stops the bowler bowling further.

Alien
December 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
That T Chappell incident was 23 years ago or something. I bet no one today gives a headache about it.

IanW
December 31, 2006, 03:59 AM
Hatebreed and Alien,

You really, really dont understand the Australia/New Zealand sporting rivalry.

23 years ago is *nothing* (*).

Heck, I still have grudges over Bodyline ... and thats from well before I was born.

Ian Whitchurch

(*) And Trevor Chappel should have refused to bowl as per instructions, and if Rod Marsh was thinking quicker he should have kicked the stumps over as the ball was being delivered or caught it in his hat.

Pundit
January 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
IW,

I think the point is that despite so many differences, NZ, A, Eng tend to dance with the same rhythm when it comes to anything sub-continental that causes heartburns....rev swing, Murali, clay-baked pitches, poverty etc.

- P

Stumped
January 11, 2007, 05:47 PM
That T Chappell incident was 23 years ago or something. I bet no one today gives a headache about it.

Actually it is well remembered to this day and is still talked about. It is known as one of the biggest contraversy to come out of aussie sports. It was degrading and un-sportsmanship thing eva... so umm yeah... its not forgotton!