BD-Shardul
December 27, 2006, 08:32 AM
Tigers! Beware of Zimbabwe Revenge

Please Read the following article, which was retrieved from the Cricinfo:
Four ODIs in late January
Zimbabwe confirm Bangladesh tour
Cricinfo staff
December 23, 2006
As revealed exclusively by Cricinfo four days ago, Zimbabwe are planning to host Bangladesh in a one-day series early in the New Year as both sides prepare for the World Cup.
The two sides will play four ODIs - Zimbabwe initially proposed five - and two first-class matches on the tour which will take place in late January.
Ozias Bvute, ZC's managing director, denied that the series resulted from Zimbabwe's dismal performances during their 5-0 whitewash in Bangladesh earlier this month. "We had been in talks with Bangladesh as early as three months ago for another series at home, but agreed upon the end of the tour in the subcontinent," Bvute told The Independent. "It's an opportunity for our players to show what they are worth. The results in Bangladesh are disappointing but bad results are part of sport and we believe given the right motivation the players might prove themselves."
Zimbabwe seemed to have turned the corner when they defeated Bangladesh 3-2 at home in August, but since then they have lost 12 straight ODIs and their performances have indicated that the side is again on the slide.

Link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/273772.html

From the tone of this article, it is apparently clear that the African Lions are very determined this time and undoubtedly they will try their best to boost their morale before the WC. They will have the home advantage as well, and hence the tigers, keeping our last series loss against them in Zimbabwean soil, should be very careful in their approach. This will be a tough series, and by any means tigers have to win this series. Otherwise, the Zimbabwean Revenge will only let our morale down before the WC.

zahid
December 27, 2006, 08:44 AM
Dude,u gotta be kidding me! You sound like u r afraid of them.

I see another 4 points for us. :)

kalpurush
December 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
Could be a bit difficult due to Zimbabwe's home advantage. Nothing to worry about though.

Kabir
December 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
No worries...this is a test for Bangladesh. If Zimbabwe wins the tour, the tigers will make themselves look like fools now.

Hatebreed
December 27, 2006, 01:15 PM
At this stage anything less than comprehensive whitewash is unacceptable. Even the slighest reminder of previous tour will result in heartbreak.

akabir77
December 27, 2006, 01:20 PM
At this stage anything less than comprehensive whitewash is unacceptable. Even the slighest reminder of previous tour will result in heartbreak.
Then get ready for that...
remember how badly we use to play in one series then good in the next its also true for them they r not that bad. not surely as bad as they played in BD. so they will win at least one match. so BD should be prepared to beat them and win the series...
Here its how is going to go:
1. match BD win
2. BD win
3. Zimb win (ash does great)
4. Bd win

Hatebreed
December 27, 2006, 01:47 PM
If Nafees, Aftab, Razzak and especially Masri continues their fine form we should reach a clean sweep.

Kabir
December 27, 2006, 01:58 PM
akabir is crazy for ash I guess. Oh well, I agree that they have a chance to pull a few here. But as HB said, any loss for BD at this stage is unacceptable. That'll take away all the credits, and we should pull all our great comments out of all the treads.

layperson
December 27, 2006, 02:40 PM
I am more interested in this series than the recently conlcuded one. Simple reason being we lost to them in Zim, a series we should have won. The whitewash at home was not a revenge for us AFAIC. We need to whitewash them at their own backyard to extract the revenge of the last tour there. Anything less than that would mean that we are progressing to be like the Indian team who are good only at home !!! This series would prove to me where Bangladesh cricket stands in terms of quality compared to the Zimbabweans.

Omio
December 27, 2006, 02:50 PM
I think we will win very easily,
doesnt matter where the location..

akabir77
December 27, 2006, 03:24 PM
well guys like it or not we are becoming an indian team (hope BD proves me wrong this time) and yeah ash is becoming another tendu he scores in a losing cause....

kaisermatin
December 27, 2006, 05:03 PM
what is the best team Zimbos can make? if they can place a good team; that would be competitive for BD. It would be wrong to take them lightly.

shovon13
December 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
well guys like it or not we are becoming an indian team (hope BD proves me wrong this time) and yeah ash is becoming another tendu he scores in a losing cause....

since when? i think your only case study is the hair raising clash between him and zunaed. as far as i can remember, whenever ash's eid comes (as you guys refer to his good innings) - we usually win.

p.s. pathetic

shujan
December 27, 2006, 07:47 PM
Crease will be different this time. It will not be friendly to our spinners. Considering we have only 2 pacer and 3 spinner, Zimbo will score more runs for sure. 220/230 may not be enough to win. Bangladesh need to score atleast 250+ to win if they are batting first.

rafiq
December 27, 2006, 07:52 PM
I agree. The series will only be interesting if Zimbabwe strengthens their side by bringing in a few players who are currently missing. Their WC side is still in flux, and good players returning in the last minute could dramatically improve their odds. However, Bangladesh is still a marginally better team than anything Ziimbabwe can field at this time - I just hope we don't choke as we did on the last tour. I also hope the WC squad for BD is pretty much locked down now, and they don't try to open the bowling with Farhad Reza or Russell anymore - hopefully those lessons have been learnt. Mashrafee and Shahadat should be automatic first choice opening bowlers for this tour and the WC.

kalpurush
December 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
I agree. The series will only be interesting if Zimbabwe strengthens their side by bringing in a few players who are currently missing. Their WC side is still in flux, and good players returning in the last minute could dramatically improve their odds. However, Bangladesh is still a marginally better team than anything Ziimbabwe can field at this time - I just hope we don't choke as we did on the last tour. I also hope the WC squad for BD is pretty much locked down now, and they don't try to open the bowling with Farhad Reza or Russell anymore - hopefully those lessons have been learnt. Mashrafee and Shahadat should be automatic first choice opening bowlers for this tour and the WC.

Great thoughts comes from great man!:-D

Tokyobreeze
December 27, 2006, 10:01 PM
In the last tour..two of the matches we lost were really tight and we lost more to ourselves..If those mistakes don't happen (which probably won't), we should win without much of hardles.Zimbabwe have got a new, consistent performer Shaun Williams, but why to worry when we have so many boys performing good these days.Looking forward for the tour anyway though.

Kabir
December 27, 2006, 10:10 PM
Just as always...any update on live coverage?

sunniath
December 27, 2006, 11:37 PM
i am predicting 3-2 or 4-1 series win for bd.

Ejaj
December 28, 2006, 02:53 AM
I dont think we need to get worried about the series. If BD can just play their normal level of game against Zim at their home ground, Series win shouldnt be any problem. I am again, not using any Whitewash/Tigerwash term, since, it sounds very abusive to me. But, yes, I would love to see them scoreing all four, but, this is not a must thing for me. I think, there is clearly a differnce in quality between us and them and the comming series will just show it more vividly. I also see another 4 points for the Tigers.

sunny747
December 28, 2006, 05:55 AM
too tiring to see bd vs zim over and over..:(

Rabz
December 28, 2006, 06:16 AM
Though its not gonna be that easy on thier turf, but i still believe we can make a clean sweep of that series as well...

only if our players remember the last series..(at Zim), they would not make the mistakes.....

even though its tiring to see play zims again, i guess its better than absolutely nothing....

rah
December 28, 2006, 07:15 AM
comparing the stats of the best team zimbabwe can offer is nothing compared to ours
for example; zim highest average 29.30 by brendan taylor while Sn is in the 40's

akabir77
December 28, 2006, 09:25 AM
i am predicting 3-2 or 4-1 series win for bd.

This will never happen:-D figure it out why!!!!

akabir77
December 28, 2006, 09:30 AM

Better on the paper is one thing and performing is another. No doubt that Zimb them selves will agree that bd is ahead that is not the point here. Pakistan, India, Srilanka, Australia all are ahead of us but we managed to beat them. So in the home ground every team has huge advantage. And you can't be 100% sure in ODI. So my concern is for those who is so sure that nothing will happen and then after one lose they will open 100 threads here asking heads of 100 management/players...

israr
December 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
Respect your opposition, whoever it is!

cRow
December 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
ahhh pardon me but i dont see anything enthusiastic reading that article about zimbabwe, this time we will be careful, zimbabwe lack firepower both in batting and bowling, i didnt see any of their bowler or batsman thats a real deal. This tour i think is a mistake but anyways good luck to both of them.

Ahmed_B
December 28, 2006, 03:24 PM
Well... not thinking much about the series... but since it will be pacer-friendly bouncy pitches, I am waiting for some paybacks from Mashrafee this time! ;)

ZunIAD
December 28, 2006, 08:02 PM
Well i am aslo kinda tired of seeing zimbabwe vs bangladesh matches but this is a good oppurtunity to beat them in their home ground. This is more like a second chance beating them on their home ground. Mind you the series is 4 match series instead of 5, I dont understand why they dont make it a 5 match series I mean whats the trouble. The pitches will no doubt be better for fast bowlers but it doesnt mean our spinners are gonna have a disadvantage. All they need to do is give the ball more flight on bouncy pitches and extract more bounce, I believe flight is a weapon that can confuse batsman. Look at Shane Warne and Monty Panasar taking bag full of wickets on fast Australian pitches. This is due to the fact that they give more flight. Our batsman need to play more on the back foot.

AsifTheManRahman
December 28, 2006, 10:32 PM
Well... not thinking much about the series... but since it will be pacer-friendly bouncy pitches, I am waiting for some paybacks from Mashrafee this time! ;)

this may sound inhumane and insensitive, but i would like to see some cracked skulls :blush:

RazabQ
December 29, 2006, 02:20 AM
Did you guys read the Zim annual review? After what that country's cricket is going through, we really shouldn't beat our chests too much :)

mhferdaus
December 29, 2006, 02:59 AM
beware of everything :D, as much as your weariness can handle that is

James90
December 30, 2006, 04:40 AM
Sweet Jesus! We must have had ten series against Zimbabwe since I started supporting Bangladesh 5/6 years ago.

fan_frm_the_uk
December 30, 2006, 05:01 AM
This will never happen:-D figure it out why!!!!
simple. its a 4 match series!!!

Carte Blanche
December 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
Stealing candy from a kid is only fun for so long.

kalpurush
December 30, 2006, 09:35 PM
That's the most popular path we take now a days! A simple way to get stronger and rich over the weak and poor!!

mshakir56
December 31, 2006, 01:21 AM
I am expecting a clean sweep, but our players should be careful cause Zimbabwe have some Ashra-fools in their team. Who May click any day, but their is no gurantee. They should do some catching pratice as well !

Hasib
December 31, 2006, 07:18 PM
Sweet Jesus! We must have had ten series against Zimbabwe since I started supporting Bangladesh 5/6 years ago.

uhuh..... this series coming up has to be the most needless ODI series ever... 4 in less then a year for gods sake.

BanglaCool
January 1, 2007, 02:42 AM
The Zim series is like a Carte Blanche for Bangladeshi team :-)

mhferdaus
January 2, 2007, 03:37 AM
The Zim series is like a Carte Blanche for Bangladeshi team :-)

ha ha ... is this an example of a pun or some other action I do not know of :D.

On serious note BD should not let loose anyway and keep up their professionalism and try to find consistently good performance. Complacency and boredom are luxuries BD can not afford right now.

But really why on Earth Pak and WI did not invite BD for tri nation? It would be really entertaining and non monotonous.

kalpurush
January 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
'Bangladesh Ignominy Unacceptable' - Chingoka
5 January 2007

http://www.cricketworld.com/assets/images/articles/24108_REUA_105731.jpg (http://www.cricketworld.com/zimbabwe/article/?aid=8963&i=7546)
'Bangladesh Ignominy Unacceptable' - Chingoka
Zimbabwe Cricket chairman Peter Chingoka (R) speaks to England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) vice chairman John Soper at the Harare SportsClub

Zimbabwe Cricket chief Peter Chingoka has revealed last month's embarrassing 5-0 series cleansweep in Bangladesh was unacceptable.

Chingoka was elected substantive ZC chairman on December 29 after a year in charge on an interim basis and he will now be in charge for the next four years. Coach Kevin Curran witnessed his side comprehensively beaten in Bangladesh, and Chingoka concedes the result was disappointing.

He said: "We are custodians of the game on behalf of the nation. A series whitewash, let alone against a side that we are expected to do well against, does not portray the country in a good light.

"As custodians, we cannot be seen viewing that result as acceptable.''

However, Chingoka does think Zimbabwe have made progress in one-day internationals.

"It is not really correct to say that there has been no progress with our one-day game,'' he said. "There has been.

"We toured West Indies mid-last year and the results are in the scorebook for all to see (another 5-0 whitewash).

"We returned and beat Bangladesh to win the Bank Alfalah Cup. After that we toured South Africa and there were flashes of promise there with both bat and ball.

"Yes, the results after that have not been good but there is no argument that the talent abounds and that what is needed now is continued exposure.''

And with the current squad inexperienced, Chingoka has stated that the talented cricketers who abandoned Zimbabwe could still be considered for a top-level return.

"We have always said that the door is open to any Zimbabwean who makes himself available, to be selected if good enough to represent the country,'' he said.

Chingoka has been in charge since Zimbabwe attained Test status in 1992.

"The critics need to appreciate that I did not decide to remain on the board,'' he said.
"I was nominated and then voted in by the stakeholders.''

Chingoka dismissed rumours that ZC is on the verge of bankruptcy, insisting the current struggles were only to be expected.

He said: "ZC is not nearing bankruptcy. Like all other Test-playing nations, we work on a four-year cycle based on income from the ICC Cricket World Cup which is our main source of revenue. Like the other nations, we struggle financially as we near the World Cup.''

Source: CricketWorld.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2007, 01:18 PM
Similarities:
Zim = England, Bd = Australia.
Ashes series is boring to the Australians.

England won the ashes at England and got a sound beating at Australia.
Zim won the hard fought ODI series and then got white washed.

What will happen next??

sadi
January 5, 2007, 05:00 PM
Similarities:

What will happen next??

England bolche deke nebo in 2009 and Zimbabwe is trying to say something similar when we meet them again in Feb.

Zimabwe has as good a chance to beat us again as England does in 09. Good luck to both the teams. They need it!!!

Miraz
January 5, 2007, 05:10 PM
Similarities:

What will happen next??

In 2009, England will lose first four test and finally will win the last test to make it 4-1. British press will be more than satisfied for the last test win and will make numerous stories about the possibility of England's 2011 ashes win.

Now, next BD - Zim is a 4 match series. BD will win 4-0 and Zim will give a good fight in the last match. Zim board will praise that and will look forward to the next series.

:)

Omio
January 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
i think if we send Abahony Ltd to Zim , hopefully they will whitewash them aswell.

al Furqaan
January 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
i seriously think we can whitewash them in zimbabwe as well...we were woefully out of form when we lost 3-2.

kalpurush
January 5, 2007, 07:33 PM
In 2009, England will lose first four test and finally will win the last test to make it 4-1. British press will be more than satisfied for the last test win and will make numerous stories about the possibility of England's 2011 ashes win.

Now, next BD - Zim is a 4 match series. BD will win 4-0 and Zim will give a good fight in the last match. Zim board will praise that and will look forward to the next series.

:)

Aami boba, kala ebong bodhir!
:floor: :floor: :floor:

I am a loser
January 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
[Drivel deleted. User banned]

kalpurush
January 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
...[edited]..

Bajan: Upner namer moto kotha-o mojer!;) :-D

Rihaad The Man
January 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
Bajan: Upner namer moto kotha-o mojer!;) :-D

Couldn't agree much with you mate :)

Imteaz
January 8, 2007, 03:06 AM
Don't Worry. Zimbabwe Cannot Beat Bangladesh. If Everything is OK (Injury or Internal Clash) Bangladesh Will Win the Series. At Best Zimbawe can Win a Single Match. So The Result will be Either 4-0 or 3-1.

akabir77
January 8, 2007, 10:15 AM
Don't Worry. Zimbabwe Cannot Beat Bangladesh. If Everything is OK (Injury or Internal Clash) Bangladesh Will Win the Series. At Best Zimbawe can Win a Single Match. So The Result will be Either 4-0 or 3-1.

People thought the same thing before we lost the series 3-2 remember the time? it wasn't that long ago...

FagunerAgun
January 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
I understand your concern, Kalpurush, but if our boys don't give away anything to Zimbo, as Mashri did in the last series in Zimbabwe, then our boys are going to black wash them this time.:flag:

afrina
January 8, 2007, 03:49 PM
People thought the same thing before we lost the series 3-2 remember the time? it wasn't that long ago...

I think that time BD players r over confident. We got the ability to bet Zim by 4-0. the things we need
1) Not to be over confident.
2) Do not rush for quick run, also do not waste too many balls.
3) Bowlers should keep line and length very well and bowle according to the field.
4) Change bowler and fielder placement should be un-othordox.
5) Try to understand the situation and play according to that.

Finally very common things batsman need to pile up a good total like 250+ and bowlers should not give too many runs.

Hope we will win the serise, and this win will boost up for WC.

Imteaz
January 8, 2007, 11:28 PM

100% True. That's Why I Mentioned "If Everything is OK". On that Series Habibul bashar was Injured. One Match Bangladesh Lost When Taylor (Zim) Hit Six in the Last Ball. If Everything is OK and Bangladesh can Play with Full Team with 100% Fitness than The Result will be 4-0 or 3-1.

TheWatcher
January 9, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, we all know that we can beat Zimbos on any given Sunday. But that's not the point, we should be able to beat them even if we are playing without SN and Mash (is absence of Bashar considered a big drawback anymore ?). Also, it does not mean our players should be too full of themselves in the coming tour.

PoorFan
January 9, 2007, 02:27 AM
Uffff ... enough of this Zimbo threat, just go and bring the series back. ... cant wait to see WC start.

Mohiul
January 11, 2007, 04:57 AM
They are taking proper preparation by playing three one day match against South Africa A in the late January. Tigers, beaware of that......

SOURCE (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/276090.html)

deshi_evolutionz
January 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
hehe bangladesh shud win eazy =D .. i relli expect to see sum goot performancez

SMHasan
January 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
i think if we send Abahony Ltd to Zim , hopefully they will whitewash them aswell.

Omio, don't think it will be too easy for us. It's not gonna be a bed of roses trust me. In the last Zim tour we showed how fragile we are. We need to work very hard. Remember they will be playing in their home soil. African soil is always different than subcontinent.

TheWatcher
January 17, 2007, 05:36 PM
Preparations underway for South Africa A series (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/276701.html)

Good news, Zimbabwe may throw us a better team-

Ray Price could yet be in the Select side. It is still not clear whether he will make himself available for selection after his appearance for Old Hararians last Saturday.

But I am confused over this issue-

Makoni was then asked whether Hondo, the strike-bowler, will travel to the West Indies for the World Cup which gets underway in March. "What we named was a provisional 30-man squad for the ICC's administrative purposes," he said. "What that means is that if a player proves himself on the field and convinces the selectors before the deadline of the 13th of next month, then we will give him a chance. This is not just for Hondo but for all the players currently playing competitive cricket."

So a country can pick players for the WC squad from outside the provisional 30-men squad it announced ?

Miraz
January 17, 2007, 05:53 PM
So, Hondo and Price back in the Zim line up. That will be really a good test for our boys. I particularly like Hondo for his persistent off stump line.

TheWatcher
January 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
ZC bid to boost World Cup squad (http://www.thezimbabwestandard.com/viewinfo.cfm?linkid=13&id=5682)

ZC announced a 30-man squad, which had all-rounder Stuart Matsikenyere as the sole survivor from the team that took part in the 2003 finals, but according to board chairman Peter Chingoka there could be surprises when the travelling party of 15 players is announced on 13 February.

"ZC has set up a committee that is engaging other players who are not appearing on the provisional squad, so this means we can make as many changes as necessary to that list," Chingoka said.

Reiterating that ZC would want to field their strongest possible squad, Chingoka said they have been in touch with some of Zimbabwe’s former national team cricketers, among them former skipper Tatenda Taibu over a possible comeback, adding the major sticking point still remains the players’ demands for salary payments in foreign currency.

"Discussions are ongoing, not only with Tatenda but other players as well, but they are still raising the same old arguments. We are also trying to locate Tinashe Panyangara and like what we have always said, the door will always be open for anybody who has a genuine desire to represent his country," he said.

LateCut
January 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
This is an useless series. I am afraid it does not give us level of practice we need ahead of the WC and, furthermore, we are exposing our players to the real risk of injury by playing in mismanaged and neglected venues. I worry a lot about Masri. A twist in the ankle may spell doom to our WC prospect.

BD-Shardul
January 18, 2007, 02:42 AM
Masri against Zimbo? We cant take that risk just b4 the WC

There is no doubt that the series will be tough, but I still think we can do the job without Masri.
Rasel, Tapash should be given the chance. I strongly believe that these guys are capable to handle the challenge decently

billah
January 18, 2007, 04:26 AM

There is no doubt that the series will be tough, but I still think we can do the job without Masri.
Rasel, Tapash should be given the chance. I strongly believe that these guys are capable to handle the challenge decently

May be it's time we pick up a couple of matches against Kenya also. Ravindu Shah is back with a vengence. Against the scots they scored 328/5 even without the help of Tilolo's score. Scots were bundled out for 138. Tanmoy Mishra did well again.

http://www.cricketweb.net/article.php?CategoryIDAuto=1&NewsIDAuto=3167

BD-Shardul
January 18, 2007, 05:58 AM
U are absolutely right Mr. Billah. We have thrashed them both at home and abroad, but I feel that Kenya is still one of the great rival of Bangladesh.

BagherBacha
January 18, 2007, 09:35 PM
Bro billah,

Mahmudul.alam didn't get u. :)

Mohiul
January 19, 2007, 07:26 AM
U are absolutely right Mr. Billah. We have thrashed them both at home and abroad, but I feel that Kenya is still one of the great rival of Bangladesh.

They've got Ravindu Shah back in their squad doesn't mean that they are now hard nut to crack but they will be a lot more strong battingwise.

al Furqaan
January 19, 2007, 11:49 AM

well said, mash and rajib should be rested until the tri series...can't risk our only 2 real pacers getting hurt too soon b4 WC

Farhad
January 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Bro billah,

Mahmudul.alam didn't get u. :)

I think he got Billah just fine....Kenya thrashed Scotland....I mean, completely finished them..........

Dhakablues
January 20, 2007, 12:46 AM
Man.. I am so tired of this Zim-Ken-Scot/Ban games now... Give me some India/Pakistan/WI. Give us some Bangladesh bashing by the pundits ( even though England, India etc. countries get beaten badly but thats just part of the game verus..)... When can we get that..

Mohiul
January 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
<!--content area--> <!--HEADER ends here--> <!--- END OLD SSI: /navigation/NATIONAL/AUS/NEWS/HEADER-NEWS.html ---> Former players sought to bolster hapless side
Desperate Zimbabwe target Taibu
Steven Price in Harare
January 20, 2007
A report in the Zimbabwe Independent claims that Zimbabwe Cricket is making a desperate attempt to lure back Tatenda Taibu before the February 11 deadline when squads for the World Cup have to be named.
Taibu retired from international cricket more than a year ago after his family was threatened by people with links to both the government and cricket. Since then he has played in Bangladesh, England and at the moment is turning out for Namibia in South African domestic competition.
Zimbabwe's cricket, meanwhile, has continued to lurch from crisis to crisis, and following a 5-0 one-day whitewash in Bangladesh at the end of last year, there are real fears that the side could face humiliation in the World Cup.
While Taibu was deeply unhappy with Peter Chingoka, ZC's chairman, it is understood that the real obstacle to his return is the US$38,000 he is owed by the board for outstanding match fees. Two other players who have also quit international cricket - Andy Blignaut and Heath Streak - are also believed to be owed more than $100,000 between them. Despite senior officials insisting the board is not strapped for cash, cheques have bounced recently and sources privately admit that ZC does not have enough to meet such debts at the moment.
"We hope we can talk and agree with Taibu to come back, but maybe he'll demand the money he says Zimbabwe Cricket owes him," a board member told The Independent. "Other players are being talked to as well. There's Tinashe Panyangara also who we hear might be in Australia or England."
Chingoka recently said that a committee had been formed to try to lure back former players, but critics have pointed out that it is likely to be a short-term solution to try to save face in the Caribbean. One player briefly mentioned as someone who might return was Ray Price, but a friend of his said that as nothing had changed since he quit, that is not an option.
Many of those who walked away were dismayed at the way Chingoka and those close to him have run the game in recent years, and it will take more than some sweet talk and more promises to lure them back for anything longer-term than the World Cup.
© Cricinfo

Source: cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/276995.html)